AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-06, 18:09   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was as homoerotic as an anime can be without it being explicit. This one will probably just end up being bait though.

I'm already loving the two main girls. They complement each other really well. And thank you for casting a seiyuu who can actually sing to play a singer character! It's always so jarring when speaking and singing voices are done by different people. It's not like there aren't a ton of seiyuu who also do work as singers.
Old 2024-04-06, 18:36   Link #22
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Quote:
I really doubt she did the assault or if she did it was against the manager and was framed.
The way she paused when they asked about the manager made me think she had a legit problem against a fellow idol but was upset that it brought trouble to the manager.
Old 2024-04-06, 21:56   Link #23
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I am curious about what exactly went down with Kano. Safe to say there was way more to the situation than her getting pissed and lashing out. With her reacting the way she did it seems a given that the manager was involved in what went down somehow.

Mahiru's troubles were much more clear-cut. She had such a passion for art, but felt like crap when her friends bashed it. Tastes are going to differ and obviously they didn't know she drew it. But at the very least it should have been obvious that she didn't hate it since she excitedly brought them over to see it. Regardless of all that, she really took a hit in that moment and her passion crashed.

I do look forward to seeing these two shine. Mahiru really needed the push, but with it she should be able to recapture what she lost.

Just a really solid start and I look forward to keeping up with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was as homoerotic as an anime can be without it being explicit. This one will probably just end up being bait though.

I'm already loving the two main girls. They complement each other really well. And thank you for casting a seiyuu who can actually sing to play a singer character! It's always so jarring when speaking and singing voices are done by different people. It's not like there aren't a ton of seiyuu who also do work as singers.
There's definitely no excuse when it comes to anime. So many that are legitimately both singers and sieyuu. Thankfully I think anime gets that part right most times. Maybe because they don't want to hire two people to voice one character, but I also like having the singing and acting coming from the same voice.
Old 2024-04-06, 22:35   Link #24
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
They actually had the subs. I watched it right as it went live and everything was fine. Bizarre that it lost them like an hour later...
Were the lyrics translated? I didn't see them on the rips, but I did see them on HiDive when they finally fixed the issue. Hopefully next week is smoother, regardless.
Old 2024-04-06, 23:20   Link #25
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Were the lyrics translated? I didn't see them on the rips, but I did see them on HiDive when they finally fixed the issue. Hopefully next week is smoother, regardless.
No. No lyrics. Hopefully they'll backfill them... you know... once they get the subtitles working again.

[edit]Huh. Subs are working now and there are lyrics. Maybe there always were... I do have a hard time paying attention to two pairs of subtitles on a first viewing of a new series... but I don't remember understanding the song and I think I would if they'd been there...[/edit]

Last edited by Ragashingo; 2024-04-07 at 01:52.
Ragashingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-07, 01:27   Link #26
HandofFate

i liked it, interested especially in the parts where each member is gonna bring a different artistic skillset.
Old 2024-04-07, 02:15   Link #27
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-07, 03:10   Link #28
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So, based on episode 1, the show wants us to sympathized with the MC whose art got bashed by her friends...but then at the end of the episode, she also didn't think highly of the cover song that the indie idol do in front of her mural, and then the secondary MC hijacked the indie idol's live-stream just for her passionate-but-egotistic outburst??

Yeah that's...not a very nice thing to do especially when the poor indie idol seemed to also worked hard setting up her own lifestream to make it big. It wasn't her fault to do it in front of the MC's abandoned mural that the masses don't even seem to like Ŋ\_(ツ)_/Ŋ
Old 2024-04-07, 06:31   Link #29
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
So, based on episode 1, the show wants us to sympathized with the MC whose art got bashed by her friends...but then at the end of the episode, she also didn't think highly of the cover song that the indie idol do in front of her mural, and then the secondary MC hijacked the indie idol's live-stream just for her passionate-but-egotistic outburst??

Yeah that's...not a very nice thing to do especially when the poor indie idol seemed to also worked hard setting up her own lifestream to make it big. It wasn't her fault to do it in front of the MC's abandoned mural that the masses don't even seem to like Ŋ\_(ツ)_/Ŋ
It was definitely a dick move. She just put posters on the mural so it's not like she permanently damaged it, and anyone is allowed to do a cover. She was surprisingly professional about the whole thing too, most people would have thrown a fit.

Oh and about that idol... it's so obvious she's lying about her age
Old 2024-04-07, 14:08   Link #30
HandofFate

i just think its funny because she kind of sucks at singing, so its funny then these two keeps heckling her and interrupting her in the middle of singing lol.
Old 2024-04-07, 15:45   Link #31
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

That idol was voiced by Sumire Uesaka )
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-07, 17:51   Link #32
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
i just think its funny because she kind of sucks at singing, so its funny then these two keeps heckling her and interrupting her in the middle of singing lol.
Sure, let's make an anime where audience need to root for the struggling-artist MCs who got shitted on by people. But in episode 1, the MCs themselves also shitted on a fellow struggling-artist and hijacked her platform just because they feel superior and they're the MCs. Wow, great job avoiding such double-standard, showrunners .

Now I'm sympathizing with the indie idol more than the duo MCs thanks to their dick move towards her. She did nothing wrong, generally.
Old 2024-04-07, 18:20   Link #33
KitsuKyouno

Jellyfish together with Girls band cry are the most zoomer anime i had seen
if seen very aiming to them since
Old 2024-04-08, 00:03   Link #34
Alchemist007
*Author

Girls becoming friends and doing art/music stuff. Looks like a lot of the rotoscope style shots were hand animated, impressive in the land where everyone wants to lean hard on CG. With the lewd shots involved it seems the pedobucks are being well spent.
Old 2024-04-10, 01:19   Link #35
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

A few seasons ago, there was The Aquatope on White Sand, in which the message of the story - at least as it looked to me - was "The adult world is where your childhood dreams go to die, so just suck it up and take it."

I found myself thinking about that as I watched the first episode of this show, because the message I got from this one was, "The media-consuming world is where your childhood dreams get punched in the face, so hit back and find your own way to your own voice."

Admittedly, both those impressions are likely influenced by my own experiences.

And hey, Mahiru is voiced by the same seiyuu who played Kukuru in Aquatope. Must be fate.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-13, 15:38   Link #36
KitsuKyouno

Letīs episode introduce a girl that was so into the bloondie in her past as Idol that she adopt her previous appearance with Black Hair, we could had said is yuri but the director preffer keep ambiguos with a weird answers
https://twitter.com/Yaku_yuki/status...63563824582850
Old 2024-04-13, 17:04   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This really does give strong "A place further than the universe" vibes. It's a show I absolutely loved so I welcome it.

Kano really hasn't thought of much of a plan to become popular. At least no a realistic one. But since this is anime, a composer fell right into her lap! Well, she did have to win her over, and she did so by genuinely caring about her fans. I really can't blame her for not recognizing Mei, she looked like a completely different person before she dyed her hair. But remembering her and upholding her promise to listen to Mei performing was more than enough to make Mei realize Kano's appearance and singing style may have changed, but she's still the same kind and passionate person on the inside.

Next will be Kiwi. Guess she'll be in charge of PR.
Old 2024-04-13, 18:32   Link #38
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
What an interesting first episode. It was great. The two main leads really complement each other and have good chemistry. Being an original show, it could lead to great things. The animation was surprisingly very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This really does give strong "A place further than the universe" vibes. It's a show I absolutely loved so I welcome it.
Yeah, I guess I wasn't the only one who felt that. It also felt a bit like P.A. Works Iroduko as well.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-13, 20:59   Link #39
grecefar

it was a nice story on how kim and kano met, no wonder she became such a fan of her after those words.

we got a little more info about the incident, kano and that idol really didn't like each other so there is that too.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-14, 01:47   Link #40
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote