AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-14, 08:48   Link #21
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
It's... actually kind of interesting even if the MC is a dollar store Kirito, and the premise feels 5 years out of date.
Well, the Light Novel of this Series began serialization back in 2013, so the series is practically 11 years old.
So, it seeming 5 years out-of-date isn't odd (though i am really not sure how a story premise can be out-of-date).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-14, 11:55   Link #22
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Well, the Light Novel of this Series began serialization back in 2013, so the series is practically 11 years old.
So, it seeming 5 years out-of-date isn't odd (though i am really not sure how a story premise can be out-of-date).
2013 sounds about right. I just mean that discount SAO isn't a premise you see very much anymore... Narou authors all kind of chase the flavor of the month so nowadays most of what you get is "banished from the party now I chill with my harem" or "reincarnated as a noble with the power of god and anime" or whatever. I'm surprised it didn't get adapted sooner; in 2024 it just feels kinda dated... I guess some (not me) could say 'nostalgic'.
Old 2024-04-14, 12:46   Link #23
Lex79

First episode seemed interesting enough to catch my attention. Nothing groundbreaking but fantasy with overpowered protagonist and possibly an harem is a genre I like so that's OK. I hope it won't take too long for Shin to meet Shnee and maybe getting some answers about what happened.
Old 2024-04-14, 13:42   Link #24
Greenish Growth

When I checked syosetu lately, there have been surprisingly few banishment stories on the most popular High Fantasy list. I haven't seen so few of them there for quite some time. I think we reached the saturation point (at least as far as JPN fantasy web novels go). Otome story type banishments haven't dropped as much. It seems to be more of the adventure party/family/job banishment stories that dropped.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Why did it take them so long to adapt this? Is this the manga company that doesn't do well with their anime adaptions?
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-14, 20:24   Link #25
larethian

I went to check out the manga, because I wanted to find out more after the 1st episode, which was a decent start for an isekai-ish power fantasy. Unfortunately, upon further reading I found the writing for the MC to be quite retarded and teenage-ish. The main plot about the world and setting though is still sort of interesting in an alright way.

For me personally, it's fine to enjoy as a sort of braindead escapish watch, but I need to temporarily lower my IQ and roll my eyes at the same time whenever it comes to how the writer makes the protag look good. Many OP MC series do it way better tbh, my 2 cents though.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-14, 21:52   Link #26
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Well I guess I have to do it again

Me: Mom can we have Kirito
Mom: We have Kirito at home
Kirito at home:

Also considering how this has some elements from almost every isekai ever, but mainly from Overlord with his NPCs coming to life and SAO with its death game and .. taller Kirito, I guess I'll stick around for a bit
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-14, 22:04   Link #27
Frontier

I kind of appreciate the MC isn't immune to the assets of the girls around him .
Old 2024-04-14, 22:22   Link #28
Strahan

I'm liking the anime's art much more than the manga. Tiera is looking really good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
I have no idea why I stopped reading it. I liked how it started but I have no clue how it went later.
Ditto. I read like 45 chapters worth, then just never went back to it.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-15, 13:48   Link #29
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
The New Gate was one of the first "stuck in a VR game" chestnuts outs there so it is in fact old but back in 2014 it was a surprisingly fresh idea. It's more like Overlord than SAO though, the protagonist appears in a world similar to the game after it is shut down when he defeats the death-game final boss.
The idea is certainly outdated now, so an anime series looks more like a cash-in than a story worth telling. Which has to be more than a concept for mass production. The chauvinism and outdated assumptions of older stories being directly adapted for modern viewers (Hathaway, LOGH) sadly can't be called outdated as so many modern stories are no better or worse.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-20, 13:03   Link #30
Frontier

Look at all this ruckus made over the Skullface Jack killing knights and his sword that just so happened to land in a capital...everyone getting all worked up and it was such a casual thing for Shin .

The OP is pretty on-brand for this kind of show, featuring action, Shin making a life for himself in this world along with it's residents, and trying to survive in this game world. It seems like his relationship with Schnee will also be important .

Ah yes, the part where the MC tells the guild that he just soloed a rare monster that they were about to have everyone team-up to take down...pretty nice to get to fluster a pro guild receptionist like Celica. Shin even got to meet a new elf waifu in Els .

And now Shin is sharing a table with Wilhelm the Vampire, slayer of Undead and user of the Venom spear that drains the life out of those it attacks. So basically he's edgy Lancer. But Shin isn't intimidated and just shoots the breeze like he's a normal dude when everyone is terrified of him. But it seems like Wilhelm is actually a pretty nice guy if he goes to the trouble of watching over orphan kids at the church .

No better way to receive side-quests than by feeding little kids! I wonder how Millie knew about the fox shrine though? It's not like the people in this world still run on NPC logic .

No better way of confirming to Schnee that he's back then by leaving their mutual sword behind...and Tiera keeps getting thrown off by how casually Shin is by all his legendary gear and status. Good luck on your own attempts to become a mage though, !

Finding a Japanese shrine, saving a cute lil' fox, fighting off multiple undead, and then surviving an attack by Behemoths and earning a traveling companion in a rare Elementail monster who is just an adorable Kit. Just a normal day's work for Shin .

"Shadow Bind" - Yumiella would approve .

Color me surprised Shin is still determined to get back to the real world .

Schnee finally knows Shin is back! The ED sung by Miho Okasaki (who also voiced the Elemntail) really conveys how long she's waited to be reunited with Shin .
Old 2024-04-20, 13:04   Link #31
Tenzen12

Second episode felt better than first one, that's for sure. I don't remember if it was accurate, but it felt right. Less like cheap SAO knock-off and more like generic isekai that's not straight up bad.
Old 2024-04-20, 16:18   Link #32
magnuskn

Yeah, it's all in all quite charming. Shin being this "can-do!" guy, whose self-confidence makes him able to interact on a level with guys who are clearly feared around the other adventurers, makes him quite likeable. The animation is pretty trash-tier nowadays, but the story and characters carry the show enough to care. Picked up.
Old 2024-04-20, 21:32   Link #33
HandofFate

I like that its a standard isekai nowadays, but since it was written a bit ago, you can kind of feel that from the modern ones where it feels more mechanic.
Nothing in here hasn't shown up in ones released last year, but its presented like its fresh. I do like how non-nonchalant the MC is
Old 2024-04-21, 12:13   Link #34
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Holy crap we went from SAO wannabe to "we have Lancer at home..." I kinda forgot what show I was watching briefly.

Its got enough charm to stick with for now anyway.
Old 2024-04-21, 16:22   Link #35
grecefar

Like you say, there is a charm about this. Nothing special but something to keep watching for now.

I like the cu chulainn guy, he looks like the antagonist but it's a nice guy.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-27, 13:03   Link #36
Frontier

Time to make things official and form a contract with Shin's new Elementail companion! Thusly named...Yuzuha !

Not often you see both twins working together, and seems like they're both getting a little competitive when it comes to who gets to talk to Shin. Lucky guy .

Time to get answers from the church! Including attractive nun Tria! Seems Millie has vision powers that let her sense things and have a good feeling about people or situations, which is how she knows Shin was a good guy and to send him to find Yuzuha. And he's the perfect person to solve the church's problems .

Well, yeah, figures the orphans would gravitate to the cute little fox and not the random dude who showed up, though Millie has first dibs on Yuzuha, and Shin eventually wins them all over enough that they don't mind cuddling up to him .

Kaori Ishihara as Lacia! A cute and earnest nun who continually bites her own tongue, but might be their only shot at taking over the church and protecting the orphanage from a greedy and corrupt priest! All it will take is helping her learn the Purify skill by leveling her up in battle against a bunch of ghoulish monsters! No big whoop !

Wilhelm looks mean and has a sour countenance, but he's much more caring and considerate than he lets on, especially when it comes to the church and the kids. No better excuse for him and Shin to finally team-up .

"Chosen Ones?" So are these people who died in the game but were reincarnated? Did they not leave like the rest of the players did and just have no memories of their life as players? Though it sounds like they're so rare, if they even really exist, that I wonder if Shin will ever run into any .

Schnee REALLY wants to see Shin !

I wonder what's up with this Moon Sanctum invite...what does it need Shin and Wilhelm for ?

With Shin and Wilhelm by her side, Lacia can easily finish off monsters with healing magic (I guess in this game that's the RIGHT way to use healing magic), but that general lady is also slaying monsters with the sword Shin flung into her room alongside Schnee...who seems as powerful as her master. Are we finally going to see Shin and Schnee reunite ?
Old 2024-04-27, 13:46   Link #37
Greenish Growth

I forgot how long it took for Schnee and Shin to actually meet each other.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-27, 17:10   Link #38
magnuskn

Using healing magic to destroy undead works pretty well in Pathfinder and D&D.
Old 2024-04-27, 17:50   Link #39
grecefar

final fantasy too.

well I'm gonna stay for this one, I was thinking of dropping it but this just has something. I don't know what it is... if it is the silly jokes or wilheim or whatever.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote