AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-06-08, 20:59   Link #2081
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Honestly, beyond the color scheme (which can't really count given it's the typical Gundam default, and even then it lacks the red that even the 00-Qan[T] had) and the green funnels, the AGE-FX doesn't strike me as 00-ish at all, in series design philosophy or as an expy. It looks closer to the AGE-3 than anything else.
Old 2012-06-08, 22:22   Link #2082
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I see a little bit of the 00Q in there. I'm surprised all the blue coloring hasn't turned me off to the design, The old original all-blue design of the 00Q was disgusting to me. But here, all the blue doesn't look bad at all.

yay double standards!
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 23:02   Link #2083
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I kinda see Qan(T) in it as well, I even commented the Qan(T) screentime thing too on another forum.
Old 2012-06-08, 23:22   Link #2084
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

While the clear green bits combined with the blue and white color scheme does make one conjure up 00 Qan[T] comparisons, the actual design of the mecha is nothing like the Qan[T]. I can perhaps see a bit of the Harute in the chest design, but otherwise the mecha is pretty unique as far as Gundam TV designs go. It looks more like a design you'd see in a MSV or sidestory rather than a main series.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 23:33   Link #2085
kakakka

We're all different huh. Without notSwordBits, I find it an upgraded Age-2. I even thought the Gundam's name was Gundam AGEII-X.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 00:19   Link #2086
bio9205
Reborn

Yup. It's just the colour scheme and the Sword Bits - the mech itself is pretty unique. Anyone notice that its faceplate has a single line across it? Don't think we've seen that in another Gundam before.

Also, does the Core Fighter make up its chest? Seems to be the case to be, with its Harute-like protruding chest.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 04:10   Link #2087
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Yup. It's just the colour scheme and the Sword Bits - the mech itself is pretty unique. Anyone notice that its faceplate has a single line across it? Don't think we've seen that in another Gundam before.

Also, does the Core Fighter make up its chest? Seems to be the case to be, with its Harute-like protruding chest.
I think the Woundwort also has a single horizontal line on its faceplate.

Not the chest itself, it looks more like plugged-in FX's neck.
Old 2012-06-09, 04:55   Link #2088
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I'm rather surprised that AGE FX lacks the red color....the pure white and blue is nice.

I do agree that the design itself is rather unique, but the combination of colors plus the blue and green funnels (not to mention doing the circle formation) really remind me of 00 Qan[T] alot. In a way, it is good that I can see what a MS like 00 Qan[T] could do if it had more screen time. I wonder why they go for green and blue for the funnels though. They could use different colour, but I guess it is their intention to remind people of 00 Qan[T]?

The question is, who will pilot it? It is unlikely that we will have the fourth generation, and as the war as only going on for 70+ years, perhaps a time skip featuring an adult Kio?
Old 2012-06-09, 05:52   Link #2089
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
While the clear green bits combined with the blue and white color scheme does make one conjure up 00 Qan[T] comparisons, the actual design of the mecha is nothing like the Qan[T]. I can perhaps see a bit of the Harute in the chest design, but otherwise the mecha is pretty unique as far as Gundam TV designs go. It looks more like a design you'd see in a MSV or sidestory rather than a main series.
One of the DX Mechanics a long time ago commented that the design will go from traditional to to 00/Wing timeline to a more unique design. AGE-1 might qualify as traditional given the most obvious RX-78 homage even if it has some new elements to it. AGE-2 and 3 might qualify for the second one and I remember some of us feeling that it doesn't fit after seeing the AGE-3 but any chance that a design like the FX would be what it might the last category is referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I'm rather surprised that AGE FX lacks the red color....the pure white and blue is nice.

I do agree that the design itself is rather unique, but the combination of colors plus the blue and green funnels (not to mention doing the circle formation) really remind me of 00 Qan[T] alot. In a way, it is good that I can see what a MS like 00 Qan[T] could do if it had more screen time. I wonder why they go for green and blue for the funnels though. They could use different colour, but I guess it is their intention to remind people of 00 Qan[T]?

The question is, who will pilot it? It is unlikely that we will have the fourth generation, and as the war as only going on for 70+ years, perhaps a time skip featuring an adult Kio?
A new AGE Gundam is usually only created after a certain amount of time. They might break the pattern possibly but I rather they keep the generational development. An adult Kio would be nice to watch though, if only to keep the Child to adult portrayal of all three characters come full circle. It would be hard to even reach close to 100 years now though without having Kio aging considerable which I doubt would happen.
Old 2012-06-09, 06:09   Link #2090
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
A new AGE Gundam is usually only created after a certain amount of time. They might break the pattern possibly but I rather they keep the generational development. An adult Kio would be nice to watch though, if only to keep the Child to adult portrayal of all three characters come full circle. It would be hard to even reach close to 100 years now though without having Kio aging considerable which I doubt would happen.
Asem + Flit goes into cold sleep while Kio is awake during the trip to Mars, the AGE-FX is built during the route there?

It would be possible, and it would give all 3 main characters a chance to fight side by side for the final showdown@Mars, if there is one of course

Ezelcant's cure

Sideeffect might be retarded aging? it would explain why he has looked the same since Gen-1
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 10:04   Link #2091
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Anyone notice that its faceplate has a single line across it? Don't think we've seen that in another Gundam before.
It's not actually a single line though. It's a raised plate, as seen in previous pics.

Though yes, it's still unique as far as Gundam mouthplates are concerned.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:10   Link #2092
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Heh. Maybe it will open up like Crossbone
Old 2012-06-10, 03:35   Link #2093
solidvanz
Special Operative

New Vagan's MS this week, Zamudoragu.

Ghirarga's Mode X.
Old 2012-06-10, 03:41   Link #2094
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
The body shape of the MS is similar to its pilot as well...

Last edited by kiak666; 2012-06-10 at 07:11.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 03:46   Link #2095
casval cehack

Quote:

Ghirarga's Mode X.
That thing is huge. Zamudoragu can deploy those claws as well.

Ghirarga's supposed "bits" should be deploying any minute now.
Old 2012-06-10, 04:15   Link #2096
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Zamudoragu is insane in a good way.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 04:31   Link #2097
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Ghirarga's 'bits' are awesome. Are them pure energy manipulation? That's rather broken....
Old 2012-06-10, 04:34   Link #2098
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Zamudoragu makes the Gojira term much more sense, Zamudoragu VS Mechagodzilla/Kiryu, a battle of the fittest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
The body shape of the MS is the similar to its pilot as well...

~FLY IN THE SKY!!!~
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 04:49   Link #2099
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
[/IMG]

Ghirarga's Mode X.
And so the AGE faithful who bought the HG Ghirarga cry out in confusion and terror at the introduction of the sexy Mode X. On the other hand, I mean what I said: that is a sexy mode

Old 2012-06-10, 04:51   Link #2100
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Ghirarga's 'bits' are awesome. Are them pure energy manipulation? That's rather broken....
I wonder if Lord Zeheart, Ezelcant's Hand, can still control those "lights" if he loses or broke his helmet limiter.