AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-09, 04:03   Link #141
Battler-kun

It is a real pain to wait for weekly releases, not to speak of one week more with no OP^^
Old 2009-10-09, 04:15   Link #142
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Heck yes Oda deserves it. More so than Kishi and especially Kubo. Kubo fails.

Oda gives us good consistent chapters every week. I like that. It's not SUPER good one week and then shitty the next.
In last chapter of Naruto there was one line that sums it all "This is getting ridiculous..." XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
It is a real pain to wait for weekly releases, not to speak of one week more with no OP^^
Well, it's better than waiting for Berserk or Gantz XD
Old 2009-10-09, 04:50   Link #143
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
In last chapter of Naruto there was one line that sums it all "This is getting ridiculous..." XD
Dropped Naruto after its last arc and those bits of stuff I have heard from its recent arcs have made me believe that I am not really missing anything.

Quote:
Well I am used to waiting Berserk, even if there is 3-4 months without chapter its still ok and I will be very happy when chapters come and its always worth for wait.

I guess I will get used on OP breaks better more recently, if Oda feels that he needs to have breaks then he really deserves to have brakes. I would even understand if Oda would take small hiatus for some well deserved brake. Oda has been drawing manga basically non-stop for 10 years now.
Old 2009-10-09, 04:52   Link #144
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

^oh well...
I would prefer to borrow doraemon time machine and put ODA sensei in it...
so we can continue reading the mangga everyday HAHAHAHAAA!!!..(nobita evil mode ON).

anyway guys please don't put other manga in to lower grade when we are talking about good thing in one piece...that would be wise...
Old 2009-10-09, 06:45   Link #145
Vree

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
Something that got me interested that I didn't see anybody mention was Iva Vs. Kuma
Iva said something very interesting that caught my attention
Spoiler for Iva Vs. Kuma:

"If you ever forget your FEAR of me, I'll just pound it back into your body"
That's would imply that Iva is stronger than we think. That would also imply that Kuma, who is called Kuma the Tyrant because of his ruthlessness, feared Iva's strength.
Or maybe he used to be a bikini model before pissing off Iva.

Franky was transported to Vegapunk's birthplace so Zoro might have ended up on Mihawk's home island. The glooom
Old 2009-10-09, 07:28   Link #146
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
My guess is that Iva turned Kuma into a woman in past to make him look that scary or If he/she is really stronger than Pacifista-Kuma, this makes Magellan the most powerful character in entire storyline for taking someone stronger than Kuma the invincible in less than a minute.

Then again, Im not sure Iva is aware of Kuma's new pacifista hardened body and other add-ons.It is pretty possible that Iva could've defeated the former original Kuma to put some fear in him.
Stop looking at things in Black n White. Its safe to say that ANY hand-to-hand combat fighter, or any range really, would have trouble defeating Magellan, his whole body is POISON. Even so, Magellan didn't even defeat Iva (at least not to the extent of everybody else). Man after 500+ chapters you would think people would understand how strengths and etc. work in One Piece by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Magellan beating Iva does not equal Magellan beating Kuma (if Iva could actually beat Kuma).
Why is everybody trying to downplay Iva, because of that, now I especially want Iva to lay the smackdown on Kuma's BEAR-ASS
(Get it? LMAO!)
Besides, Kuma is strong but he isn't super powerful.

Last edited by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk; 2009-10-09 at 09:57.
Old 2009-10-09, 11:39   Link #147
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Stop looking at things in Black n White. Its safe to say that ANY hand-to-hand combat fighter, or any range really, would have trouble defeating Magellan, his whole body is POISON. Even so, Magellan didn't even defeat Iva (at least not to the extent of everybody else). Man after 500+ chapters you would think people would understand how strengths and etc. work in One Piece by now.
You're absolutely right. A lot of OP fans don't understand how strength tiers work. They automatically have the kind of mentality that A>B>C...etc, or that past opponents who have been defeated are weaker than those who have yet to fight. This isn't like Dragon Ball where subsequent opponents always get tougher and the person with the higher power level will always win in the end. There are so many other variables to consider in One Piece, such as the area of battle, how abilities match up against each other, etc.
Old 2009-10-09, 12:31   Link #148
hkBattousai

If Luffy fights and defeats Mihawk that might mess up the friendship and relation between Luffy and Zoro. Zoro could consider Luffy a rival more than a nakama.

On the other hand, until now, we have always witnessed 'blade vs blade' and 'fist vs fist' fights, 'blade vs fist' fights (like Luffy vs Zoro, when they first met Vivi) are so rare in One Piece world, and non of them concluded. I don't believe Oda would let Luffy and Mihawk fight each other, though I have to admit that Oda is surprising me too much recently.

I'm quite sure that someone will interfere this match between Luffy and Mihawk, and these unknown third person will most probably be a swordsman, like Whitebeard himself. Yeah, that is a possibility, we might at last see someone like Mihawk down for count!
Old 2009-10-09, 12:51   Link #149
Prestige

Luffys devil fruit offers zero protection against cutting and slicing attacks. Luffy is having massive handicap when fighting cutting specialized fighters.

And of all enemys he is attacked by Mihawk himself, world greatest swordsman.

I think Mihawk is last person who Luffy could beat in fight, Luffy should not fight Mihawk 1vs1 unless he has death wish.
Old 2009-10-09, 13:23   Link #150
itachi29al

I dont see how Luffy can be mutch of match for Mihawk, given his powers mihawk would be the perfect on to eliminate him. Ivankov looks pretty doomed to me, it seems like he is just biding time, like none of his attack are anything Kuma can get up from. About Kuma, well i think we need to see Vegapunk to explain it, hopefully soon. Oh, and Diamond guy is going to get crushed, he may be strong but two shishibukai, that pushing it. I hope smoker can catch up, i been wanting to see rematch between him and Luffy for awhile. With how much he has improved, i think he should be promoted to Vice-Admiral, i mean he pretty much dominated Luffy in seconds, something many above his rank where unable to do.
Old 2009-10-09, 15:41   Link #151
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post

true true i suppose. that damn oku takes so many brakes.
Old 2009-10-09, 16:48   Link #152
AnbuItachi

i Doubt Iva can defeat Kuma. Kuma is one of the strongest we've seen so far, he can teleport anywhere and his reject ability is insane. added on to his super hard body, i don't see how Iva is going to win.

Smoker and hancock is a good matchup. Id say hancock will win only cause shes a shichibukai, plus she has strong haki which allows her to hit smoker.
Old 2009-10-09, 17:53   Link #153
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
i Doubt Iva can defeat Kuma. Kuma is one of the strongest we've seen so far, he can teleport anywhere and his reject ability is insane. added on to his super hard body, i don't see how Iva is going to win.
I think you are forgetting something. If the Kuma we see right now lacks the originality of his real self, and represents a clone of himself, then he may not be capable of making the right decisions that made him who he was before the final operation.

And for me that is a really big handicap, especially against opponents who may not use conventional methods to fight. Sometimes you need to know and understand the person to choose the right fighting methods, and I doubt a cyborg minded human is capable of doing those.
Old 2009-10-09, 19:27   Link #154
marvelB

Quote:

"If you ever forget your FEAR of me, I'll just pound it back into your body"
That's would imply that Iva is stronger than we think. That would also imply that Kuma, who is called Kuma the Tyrant because of his ruthlessness, feared Iva's strength.

In the other translations I read (and I'm actually talking about full text translations.... I'm a little too impatient to wait for scanlations), Iva's line was more along the lines of "If you've forgotten how terrifying I can be, then I'll pound the memory back into your body!" I don't think he's implying that Kuma was afraid of him, but merely that he's not a pushover, that's all.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkBattousai View Post
If Luffy fights and defeats Mihawk that might mess up the friendship and relation between Luffy and Zoro. Zoro could consider Luffy a rival more than a nakama.

Can we really be sure of that, now? I'm fully aware of what Zoro told Luffy when he first joined about how Luffy would have to take full responsibility if something were to prevent him from achieving his goals, but I have a feeling that the circumstances may have changed a bit after all the trials they've faced (the situation with Kuma at Thriller Bark would be the most definite proof of this). Of course Luffy's chances of defeating Mihawk at his current level are slim to none, but if, by some miracle, he was able to wound the world's greatest swordsman, I don't think that Zoro will hold it against him, considering the circumstances. Luffy respects his first mate's ambition, there's no doubt about that, but he had to do what was necessary to save his brother from certain death.

Also, it's already been heavily implied for a good while that Mihawk had an interest in Luffy, as well as Zoro. We saw him approach Shanks so he could show him Luffy's bounty poster. Also remember that he attended the Shichibukai meeting in chapter 234 because they were discussing Luffy's crew (and Doflamingo commented that Mihawk was the LEAST likely person to arrive at that meeting, so that's saying something right there). So in a way, it's actually not too surprising that he wants to test himself against Luffy, a rookie who's been stirring all sorts of trouble in the world as of late. Lastly, we can't forget his line at the end of this chapter about whether or not fate would favor a pirate of the new age such as Luffy. If anything, he must consider BOTH supernovas to be a worthy challenge for him at some point in the future......
Old 2009-10-09, 19:36   Link #155
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
Kuma can only reject what he touches, if he can't keep up with the speed of the attack and etc. then he can't reject it. I mean Kuma is strong but his ability isn't without noticeable holes in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
In the other translations I read (and I'm actually talking about full text translations.... I'm a little too impatient to wait for scanlations), Iva's line was more along the lines of "If you've forgotten how terrifying I can be, then I'll pound the memory back into your body!" I don't think he's implying that Kuma was afraid of him, but merely that he's not a pushover, that's all.....
The translation I posted was more badass so I'm sticking with that one.
Old 2009-10-09, 21:29   Link #156
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
I think you are forgetting something. If the Kuma we see right now lacks the originality of his real self, and represents a clone of himself, then he may not be capable of making the right decisions that made him who he was before the final operation.

And for me that is a really big handicap, especially against opponents who may not use conventional methods to fight. Sometimes you need to know and understand the person to choose the right fighting methods, and I doubt a cyborg minded human is capable of doing those.
Not so sure about that... i mean Kuma was not really too inventive in how he fought... he was pretty much just using raw force and strong armed it. Thus far, Kuma has not been fighting any different than he did on thriller bark... The only times more flexible thinking came into play was in his more merciful actions, like rejecting Luffy's pain, or choosing where to send people

If anything, it actually makes way for a plot hole... afterall what reason could Kuma now have for NOT just rejecting his targets halfway around the world and into the middle of the ocean... He could beat Iva in ONE move, and give him a one way trip to the calm belt... the old Kuma was able to make the conscious decision to not use that power, but the dead kuma doesn't have such thinking and thus moves with pure cold logic... "destroy the enemy"... there is no reason for him not to finish all his fights with one move

unless ofcourse, there is something more to that power that we don't realize... Moria seemed to allude to this when Kuma asked him where he would want to go... kinda like Moria knew how to protect himself from the power... so their indeed might be more to it

not to mention, a cold obedient robot, is probably better to have around than someone you can hardly trust... Kuma was so loyal but after that incident with the nobles he kinda did show himself to be no more trustworthy than any other shichibukai... his loss of more flexible thinking is a small price compared to him betraying the WG and using his human weapon strength against them
Quote:
So in a way, it's actually not too surprising that he wants to test himself against Luffy, a rookie who's been stirring all sorts of trouble in the world as of late. Lastly, we can't forget his line at the end of this chapter about whether or not fate would favor a pirate of the new age such as Luffy. If anything, he must consider BOTH supernovas to be a worthy challenge for him at some point in the future......
Actually i think your misinterpreting the scene... When Mihawk draws his sword against Luffy, it's not Mihawk testing himself, it's Mihawk testing Luffy...

Because of Shanks, Mihawk has come to the belief that Luffy is destined to be the figure head of the next generation; he is now testing Luffy's fate... if Luffy fails to survive against Mihawk, then fate has failed him and he is no golden child... If Luffy survives or manages to escape from a foe more powerful than himself, then fate is smiling on him and he may truly be destined for great things

That's the meaning behind Mihawk's last line... will fate favor Luffy, or will he die here... it's not about Mihawk, it's about Luffy
Old 2009-10-10, 04:30   Link #157
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I was wondering if Mihawk is even a pirate.

He doesn't have a crew and he doesn't look like someone who robs people.
More like a bounty hunter like Zoro used to be.
Old 2009-10-10, 05:15   Link #158
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I was wondering if Mihawk is even a pirate.

He doesn't have a crew and he doesn't look like someone who robs people.
More like a bounty hunter like Zoro used to be.
Every Shichibukai has been a pirate at some point in their lives.

Mihawk's past hasn't really been talked about other than the fact he used to be rivals with Shanks.

Heck he's even one of the few Shichibukai who's bounty hasn't been revealed.

He's still quite the mysterious character despite being revealed so early in the series.
Old 2009-10-10, 10:02   Link #159
hkBattousai

^ He must have lived through a hard life to obtain that title. Just consider Zoro's life, how hard Zoro trains, what pains he endured even in his childhood. I'm sure Mihawk had an interesting past too, also I'm positive that he has a reason to be the best swordsman in the world. He could not be a pirate, he is not one to rob people for wealth. Zoro wasn't a pirate hunter as well, just people called him so. He was hunting pirates for money to eat.
Old 2009-10-10, 10:29   Link #160
Talendra

Quote:
Can we really be sure of that, now? I'm fully aware of what Zoro told Luffy when he first joined about how Luffy would have to take full responsibility if something were to prevent him from achieving his goals, but I have a feeling that the circumstances may have changed a bit after all the trials they've faced (the situation with Kuma at Thriller Bark would be the most definite proof of this). Of course Luffy's chances of defeating Mihawk at his current level are slim to none, but if, by some miracle, he was able to wound the world's greatest swordsman, I don't think that Zoro will hold it against him, considering the circumstances. Luffy respects his first mate's ambition, there's no doubt about that, but he had to do what was necessary to save his brother from certain death.

Also, it's already been heavily implied for a good while that Mihawk had an interest in Luffy, as well as Zoro. We saw him approach Shanks so he could show him Luffy's bounty poster. Also remember that he attended the Shichibukai meeting in chapter 234 because they were discussing Luffy's crew (and Doflamingo commented that Mihawk was the LEAST likely person to arrive at that meeting, so that's saying something right there). So in a way, it's actually not too surprising that he wants to test himself against Luffy, a rookie who's been stirring all sorts of trouble in the world as of late. Lastly, we can't forget his line at the end of this chapter about whether or not fate would favor a pirate of the new age such as Luffy. If anything, he must consider BOTH supernovas to be a worthy challenge for him at some point in the future......
Agreed. Added to that, I'm not that sure Zoro would actually care that much about any none-swordsman defeating Mihawk. There are a couple of people, even if most likely just a very few, that are stronger than Mihawk - and Zoro knows this. His aim is not to become the strongest person alive but to become the very best swordsman in the OPverse. Its about technique and skill... not about just being strong... so Luffy beating Mihawk (no matter how unlikely that is ) would not really be a problem for Zoros dream.
Closed Thread