AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-04, 19:49   Link #381
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

With almost 9000 IP, I'm sure to get Caitlyn. She's basically the AD counterpart of Ashe (in the aspects of rune usage and role in battle).
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 19:56   Link #382
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
With almost 9000 IP, I'm sure to get Caitlyn. She's basically the AD counterpart of Ashe (in the aspects of rune usage and role in battle).
Ashe isn't AD?
Also, so many indirect Gangplank/AD caster buffs. The new boots and LW. How interesting.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 03:12   Link #383
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ I've always played AD Ashe, her slow makes it a very easy build.
About KSing: I'll admit that in some occasions I have KSed, although I primarily wanted to save my laning partner rather than steal a kill, so I just say sorry and we're all friends. Even if I'm wrongly accused, I'll just do the same again. In a previous match we had an idiot who called Ashe a KSer for finishing off a Ryze that said idiot had let live with >100 HP, so Ashe took the kill and he raaaaged...resulting in Ashe not helping him at all in a 2v2 saying she didn't want to KS...then starts the trolling and teamwork falls apart, our inhibitors fell like cookies while the team was arguing, people ended up reporting each other, etc...
On Caitlyn: she looks pretty solid. Good brush diver, has enough tools to escape and can skillshot through walls.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 03:28   Link #384
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Honestly, I don't care if I was being ks-ed or not, unless that bastard Garen use his ult on TF head when there is 4 of us around him, then be prepare to hear something from me. Otherwise, I don't really care, even when I'm playing Poppy.
Old 2011-01-05, 03:59   Link #385
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

9/9/x on my first game as Caitlyn. I was expecting a long match with an ally Eve and Twitch, but the enemy Morde was fed too much, and Eve (10) and Twitch (13) felt really sucky.

I was the only one with a positive KDA.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 04:03   Link #386
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^ I've always played AD Ashe, her slow makes it a very easy build.
About KSing: I'll admit that in some occasions I have KSed, although I primarily wanted to save my laning partner rather than steal a kill, so I just say sorry and we're all friends. Even if I'm wrongly accused, I'll just do the same again. In a previous match we had an idiot who called Ashe a KSer for finishing off a Ryze that said idiot had let live with >100 HP, so Ashe took the kill and he raaaaged...resulting in Ashe not helping him at all in a 2v2 saying she didn't want to KS...then starts the trolling and teamwork falls apart, our inhibitors fell like cookies while the team was arguing, people ended up reporting each other, etc...
On Caitlyn: she looks pretty solid. Good brush diver, has enough tools to escape and can skillshot through walls.
Ashe is never anything but AD. That's why I'm confused.

Also, only idiots complain about KSing unless it's excessive. Most KSes lead to assist gold which leads to more gold for the entire team. Which is also why I'm glad they're buffing dragon. I hate having to constantly worry about an enemy WW soloing dragon early, since it gives an insane amount of gold and leads to snowballing. Ensuring that the carry gets gold is good, but not when you risk losing the kill or losing out on the assist pool.

Also, apparently it's only two traps for Caitlyn. I personally think it should be 3-4, but eh.

I'm glad Kog'Maw is free. I always wanted to try out another AD carry, and the fact that he can be an AP champion is fun too.
Old 2011-01-05, 05:20   Link #387
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Caitlyn's great support early game, can get very aggressive on the side lanes Ours finished at 4/3/X. I, on the other hand, just had my worst Zilean game of the week, kept getting focused but HAD to initiate because Udyr was prone to dying fast, ended up dying more than I'd like...but we got a late ace and mowed down mid
Quote:
Ashe is never anything but AD. That's why I'm confused.
Haven't played her enough to look for guides etc, if I had to pick her now I'd go Doran's->swift boots->HP/MR/AR (situational)->Phantom dancer->Black Cleaver->Infinity edge. Ghost/Heal on summoner skills, I'd harass and poke around until someone initiates, then AA, W and R if necessary.
Old 2011-01-05, 17:29   Link #388
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Haven't played her enough to look for guides etc, if I had to pick her now I'd go Doran's->swift boots->HP/MR/AR (situational)->Phantom dancer->Black Cleaver->Infinity edge. Ghost/Heal on summoner skills, I'd harass and poke around until someone initiates, then AA, W and R if necessary.
I'm not anywhere near good, but in my opinion, you're right for the most part. I usually turtle until level 6, then I judge if it's okay to initiate with R. Otherwise, Doran's Blade > Boots > BF Sword/Swift Boots > IE. I think damage is more important than AS early because you won't be sitting still and hitting most of the time, but that's because I like farming.

I haven't played since the new patch, so I haven't tried Black Cleaver yet. That with the new LW should be interesting.
Old 2011-01-06, 03:08   Link #389
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'd get AS over damage for luring, especially if I mid. That way, if my lane clears, I start beating down the turret and usually bring back one or two enemies. I generally prefer taking down turrets and early jungling (wolves/wraiths) before starting team fights, unless I've been side laning and getting kills/assists...
Quote:
That with the new LW should be interesting.
imo 40% AR is a tad bit too much, glad I haven't met an Ashe yet :P

P.S: Gotta say I <3 the new boots, they save me 1k of gold and 6 minutes of non-recuded cooldowns. Still thinking about the new zhonya items though, I usually pick the AP but I miss the stasis shield...

P.S.S: We had a bad Fiddles in my last game, and everyone was calling him Feedersticks...while I felt sorry for the poor guy, I couldn't help but laugh

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-01-06 at 05:56.
Old 2011-01-06, 09:29   Link #390
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So i tried Caitlyn.
She's not OP , not useless but she kinda sux a little.
She's good in early , she have the biggest range , Harrass with Piltover & Headshot.
She's ok in mid , she still can make damage specially with her ulti 550 max + AD. Her traps is useful if you use them well.
She's bad in late game , yeah i noticed that she can't make more damage anymore... in tf , her ulti is so easy to counter (seems like Panth can block her ulti :O) & she won't last long. Well , will test her more to see what is the best stuff for her.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 10:18   Link #391
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Her biggest weakness, ironically, is her ultimate. It's suck, it's bugged, and it's just plain suck.
Old 2011-01-06, 10:50   Link #392
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

That's right.
Just had , Ashe vs Caitlyn , Ashe own so much... , the time that Caitlyn charge her ulti , Ashe just use her own ulti & pawn you .... and feeded or not , i don't think there''ll be a difference..
I'll class Caitlyn , more a support unit. Trap + net "can" help to make some kill for teammate...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 16:27   Link #393
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
This new item Banksy's Deathcap makes you very OP XD
I take it as a 4th item on Lux (tried it after seeing it for the first time in shop), right after Doran's ring, Zonya's staff and the sorcerer's boots. At lvl 14-16 I then pack over 400 AP, instantly killing minions with the orb explosion attack Lux does, and not even starting on her ult which today did at least 900 damage with just those items.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 19:59   Link #394
Lostdreams

f yeah, just reached 1750+ solo ranked elo.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 23:00   Link #395
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
This new item Banksy's Deathcap makes you very OP XD
I take it as a 4th item on Lux (tried it after seeing it for the first time in shop), right after Doran's ring, Zonya's staff and the sorcerer's boots. At lvl 14-16 I then pack over 400 AP, instantly killing minions with the orb explosion attack Lux does, and not even starting on her ult which today did at least 900 damage with just those items.
That thing to caster is same as IE to AD dps champion, so yeah, it's good.
Old 2011-01-07, 00:24   Link #396
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It's good but still balanced imo. 3300 is no small cost, you'll have to build up an extra 100 AP and some to hit 400 with it, but yes it is a good choice, although imo certain characters are better off with hourglass (Swain, Morgana, Galio, etc.). Don't forget, hourglass still offers 100 AP, it's not too bad either
Are Caitlyn's traps SUPPOSED to be visible? She trapped the brush and I could totally avoid it, they are rather useless if you can see them...her Q is also terribly slow, both in animation and 'fly speed', I only got hit twice.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-01-07 at 06:23.
Old 2011-01-07, 06:46   Link #397
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

I am going crazy with these leavers, I have 4 bad matches with leavers in all of them, those are my only losses. Then finally 1 good one before the pattern starts again.
Today had a match with 2 leavers of my team and 1 of the enemy, the excuse on the enemy team was that the guy had a headache..
I am starting to think only underage kids play this game nowadays because they leave for so many silly reasons (bed time, bad internetz I can't help it please don't report me, or the game sucks and rage quit, my parents called me to turn off the pc) without knowing that it can be prevented with a little responsibility (near your bedtime then don't game. You're sick then don't game etc. etc). It is bad for the win/lose ratio and simply sucks playing the game because at least I get sick of it. The forum under tech is full of beggers that want their account unbanned for God knows what excuses and because they spend all their money on champs. Seriously, had a leaver last match, I checked his profile and match history he had 3 leaves on normal games in it and about 4 in custom games.. though that can be just to test or premade.
Old 2011-01-07, 07:57   Link #398
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
the guy had a headache..
Um, yeah, so guys...Y3llow's dad stole his modem, so it's 4v5...Worst are the pure troll leavers, "ima leave lolololz" that force youngsters to rrrrage-quit right after them.
New question: I have the feeling that 3v3 is much harder than 5v5 as the levels increase, because you need to know a main champion very well and require synergy with other champions that others also happen to know just as well, and the game is very aggressive/harrass-heavy, while on 5v5 things are more calm...am I right for thinking that way?
Old 2011-01-07, 11:04   Link #399
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
New question: I have the feeling that 3v3 is much harder than 5v5 as the levels increase, because you need to know a main champion very well and require synergy with other champions that others also happen to know just as well, and the game is very aggressive/harrass-heavy, while on 5v5 things are more calm...am I right for thinking that way?
Sort of, I've never really played 3vs3. I am stuck as mid about 90% of the times.
When in a 2vs2 lane you can depend on each other and if the enemy makes a mistake then he is sure as dead in most cases. He can relly on the other person and you work together, you stun the other charges for example.
In the 1vs1 lane it is a great adventage to know all about your enemy, know how the hero attacks and you don't have to focus on any other player that might also be in your lane luring you out so you get ganked by the other enemy hero.
1vs1 lane is great fun, had to play against Kath once as Lux and I blinked to my turrent right as she used her purple smoke teleport attack thing. She died shortly after. 1vs1 is great fun, cause then i depends on your skill and not you rellying or the enemy relying on the other player with you
Old 2011-01-07, 11:51   Link #400
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
You take 3v3 different way than 5v5, as in 3v3, it's heavy ganking game, and you don't have much time for farming as in 5v5. Furthermore, taking control of dragon and neutral creep give your team a buff that is much more significant to your advantage than the dragon in 5v5.

Tags
league of legends, lol