AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-18, 17:48   Link #21
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

It seems this anime will be relevant to my interests.

Endless "Perks" Soul
Old 2012-05-18, 18:09   Link #22
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Not exactly a huge surprises anyway...the bigger surprise is the fact Nakaimo got animated first before this...(Same publisher, both imouto title, but this sells 2x better than Nakaimo...)

Won't comment too much since I never read this one, though...

As for who'll voiced the imouto, I'm going with Ayana Taketatsu (Running)
I wouldn't count on Ayana-san because she has that "tsun" feel when it comes to Imouto characters, and Akiko (the lead Imouto character) isn't tsun at all. I could be wrong but that's just me.

I think Kana Ueda, Kanae Itou or Ai Nonaka are my best bets.
Old 2012-05-18, 19:18   Link #23
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Would it kill them to animate something that hasn't been done a million times before? Someone brought up Hentai Ouji earlier, why couldn't they animate THAT?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 20:30   Link #24
starlol

Quote:
Not exactly a huge surprises anyway...the bigger surprise is the fact Nakaimo got animated first before this...(Same publisher, both imouto title, but this sells 2x better than Nakaimo...)

Won't comment too much since I never read this one, though...

As for who'll voiced the imouto, I'm going with Ayana Taketatsu (Running)

P.S. What's left in terms of LN I know...Hentai Ouji is I think getting animated (don't remember whether it's ever confirm), and the only other one from the top of my head is Mahouka Kouko no Rettosei...
Same.
I prefer this LN much more than Nakaimo so I'm glad that this also got animated
Old 2012-05-18, 20:51   Link #25
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
I wouldn't count on Ayana-san because she has that "tsun" feel when it comes to Imouto characters, and Akiko (the lead Imouto character) isn't tsun at all. I could be wrong but that's just me.
Kirino's one of her most famous roles but really she isn't limited to tsun characters at all.
Old 2012-05-18, 21:06   Link #26
Xacual

The Plot Summary in the OP is kind of bare so here's the one from mangaupdates:

After being separated from each other for 6 years since the death of their parents, fraternal twins Akito Himonokouji (brother) and Akiko Himonokouji (sister) had finally reunited together again during the holidays thanks to some planning from Akito, despite objections from both of their adoption families. Being happy that Akito had fulfilled his promise to be with her again, Akiko confessed readily that she had incestuous love in Akito, and will not hesitate to do anything to win the love of Akito. Akito however does not harbor the same feeling for Akiko, and as a result has a headache with Akiko's actions. Despite all these, he still loves Akiko as a sister, and finds her adorable and cute, especially when he had not seen her since she was 10 years old.

I'm looking forward to it, seeing Akiko's antics animated should be a good laugh.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 21:10   Link #27
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
IMO...the only reason why I bring up Ayana is only b/c of the fact that she voiced the imouto that starts the floodgate (somewhat) of imouto LNs...

Quote:
Someone brought up Hentai Ouji earlier, why couldn't they animate THAT?
Personally I think they're "saving" it as a "secret" weapon...
Old 2012-05-18, 21:14   Link #28
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
IMO...the only reason why I bring up Ayana is only b/c of the fact that she voiced the imouto that starts the floodgate (somewhat) of imouto LNs...

Personally I think they're "saving" it as a "secret" weapon...
Personally, I think there was a LOT of imouto LNs before Oreimo became hot.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 21:23   Link #29
Valky
Radioactive

Finally I can see Anastasia in her full glory. Yay!

Now we just have to wait for the info about which studio doing this ..

Btw, considering this was announced in summer .. the airing date would be .. winter 2013?
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 21:51   Link #30
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Finally I can see Anastasia in her full glory. Yay!

Now we just have to wait for the info about which studio doing this ..
I'm going to bet on Zexcs, just for the fun of it.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 22:04   Link #31
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

What's with this correlation of incest-themed anime with horrifically long titles?
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 22:08   Link #32
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
What's with this correlation of incest-themed anime with horrifically long titles?
Maybe to catch the eyes of the Imouto/wincest lovers more easily? "Shrugs shoulders"
Old 2012-05-18, 22:29   Link #33
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
LNs these days, regardless of the themes, have insanely long titles. Don't ask me why, it's the current trend.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 22:58   Link #34
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Long titles for light novels are more often seen in slice-of-life novels, though. Fantasy or Sci-Fi light novels often have straight-to-the-point titles like Sword Art Online and High School DxD.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 23:41   Link #35
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Personally, I think there was a LOT of imouto LNs before Oreimo became hot.
I'm not saying that they don't exist before Oreimo. But how many of them even sale over 10k or is well known? Alternatively, if you can even name a few...

On a side note, while this will be on my "to watch" list (So is Nakaimo), last I check the review of this series and Nakaimo on Amazon are not exactly the best...
Old 2012-05-19, 02:17   Link #36
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmm... noticed its written by the same person who wrote Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun, admittedly one of my guilty pleasures when the anime aired. Looking at what little info is there on the web about it (unfortunately my Japanese friends didn't like it as they think its an Oreimo ripoff so no info from them), it doesn't seem like there's a childhood friend this time around though.

C'mon Suzuki-sensei, maybe make blonde girl the forgotten osananajimi? (after all there were 2 in Ninomiya-kun) Heck, I'd be happy if Imouto-san is merely just not blood-related lol

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 02:40   Link #37
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Hmm... noticed its written by the same person who wrote Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun, admittedly one of my guilty pleasures when the anime aired. Looking at what little info is there on the web about it (unfortunately my Japanese friends didn't like it as they think its an Oreimo ripoff so no info from them), it doesn't seem like there's a childhood friend this time around though.

C'mon Suzuki-sensei, maybe make blonde girl the forgotten osananajimi? (after all there were 2 in Ninomiya-kun) Heck, I'd be happy if Imouto-san is merely just not blood-related lol
I think it's quite different from Oreimo .. Akiko & Kirino are way too different if you ask me, personality-wise and whatnot.

You should read the LN if you want to know .. OR you can just wait for the anime, and find out about it.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 03:39   Link #38
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i still dunno why i m attracted to a series that has oniichan/imouto labeled onto them.....
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 12:31   Link #39
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

If this is anything like that other show that started with 'Oniichan...', I'm in.
Old 2012-05-19, 13:07   Link #40
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i still dunno why i m attracted to a series that has oniichan/imouto labeled onto them.....
I was enlightened. I was corrupted by Micchi.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.

Last edited by blitz1/2; 2012-05-19 at 13:36.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, romantic comedy, shounen, slice of life