AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-24, 10:18   Link #201
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

yea 3rd time around for whole lelouch-kallen & lawrence-holo this time as hero & demon queen?

give still wonder if say lelouch is alive?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 18:58   Link #202
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spice and wolf season 3, HERE WE GO!
I so want season 3 for that show .
Old 2012-09-24, 19:16   Link #203
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Fuck! Major turn off the characters art... I prefer the version with ISHIDA Akira art.
Old 2012-09-25, 02:34   Link #204
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

I am still wondering how much will they be able to cover.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 06:56   Link #205
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spice and wolf season 3, HERE WE GO!
Please, please, please. I want a season 3!

Oopps. I'm being off-topic here
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 07:48   Link #206
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Fuck! Major turn off the characters art... I prefer the version with ISHIDA Akira art.
Aw man, I was hoping for that one too.. I have also noticed at each of the mangas are slightly different.. Wonder which one it'll follow?
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 22:35   Link #207
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Aw man, I was hoping for that one too.. I have also noticed at each of the mangas are slightly different.. Wonder which one it'll follow?
Wouldn't it follow the original light novels? The many manga versions are adaptations of the novels, after all.
Old 2012-09-25, 23:23   Link #208
Cyprene

The original light novels are 3000 (standard size) pages long. The book comes in a special, oversized version that I don't think I've ever seen a fiction book come in before, let alone a light novel. And worse, it's ALL DIALOGUE. So no, I don't think a strict adaptation is really going to work here.

There's a lot they could cut. Most of the scenes with Young Merchant and his currency manipulation could be tossed or described in the background, and they could certainly cut the parts about making the muskets... and training the people to use the muskets. And feeding the people who use the muskets. And the effects of muskets on regional political stability. And the tactics you use when you've got muskets. Or when you're fighting muskets. Or how you can make a better version of the musket and what you can do with that.

Come to think of it, if they cut those two things out and kept Architect student and Minstrel student in the background, they could probably do it in 26.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 04:32   Link #209
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
They may cut the musket stuff? I'll be sad, because it's been a while we have seen a medieval setting moving into gunpowder era.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 04:51   Link #210
Cyprene

Well they couldn't cut it out of the books entirely without rewriting the whole last act. But they could cut the endless, endless scenes talking about the things I listed. There were at least 2-300 pages spent talking about musket tactics and their geopolitical effects. If I was going to cut something it would be the first place I'd start.
Old 2012-09-26, 04:52   Link #211
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Dang, Maou and her crimson pool of moe eyes, THEY KEEP DRAWING ME IN! IT'S LIKE AN EYE TECHNIQUE THAT'S NOT EMO OR ANGSTY!
Old 2012-09-26, 05:30   Link #212
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Dang, Maou and her crimson pool of moe eyes, THEY KEEP DRAWING ME IN! IT'S LIKE AN EYE TECHNIQUE THAT'S NOT EMO OR ANGSTY!
Maou: Watashi, Kininarimasu!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 10:06   Link #213
Cyprene

I hope the anime does well, honestly, but I think it's gonna be a terribly hard sell. How do you even explain this thing? I've tried several times to get across why it's good, and I can barely get a plot summary out without making it sound like someone slipped Paul Krugman hallucinogenics and made him play Dragon Warrior.

"Well you see there's a Hero, and there's a Demon King, and the Hero goes to fight the Demon King, but instead it turns out she's actually an economist, and the Demon King hands him a raft of papers and graphs that proves that if he kills her it will actually cause human civilization to collapse..."
"Do these people have names?"
"That is their names. Hero and Demon King."
"Why do they not have names?"
"Because they're archetypes. By appealing to universally known figures you can shortcut the process of describing them. That's important because there's no narrative or description, the entire thing is just dialogue."
"It's just dialogue?"

And usually the conversation kind of dies out there.
Old 2012-09-26, 21:02   Link #214
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
The original light novels are 3000 (standard size) pages long. The book comes in a special, oversized version that I don't think I've ever seen a fiction book come in before, let alone a light novel. And worse, it's ALL DIALOGUE. So no, I don't think a strict adaptation is really going to work here.

There's a lot they could cut. Most of the scenes with Young Merchant and his currency manipulation could be tossed or described in the background, and they could certainly cut the parts about making the muskets... and training the people to use the muskets. And feeding the people who use the muskets. And the effects of muskets on regional political stability. And the tactics you use when you've got muskets. Or when you're fighting muskets. Or how you can make a better version of the musket and what you can do with that.

Come to think of it, if they cut those two things out and kept Architect student and Minstrel student in the background, they could probably do it in 26.
Speaking of which, did anyone translate the entire light novel series? I found aspects of the first chapters, but beyond that only the mangas offer the rest of the story.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 21:21   Link #215
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
I hope the anime does well, honestly, but I think it's gonna be a terribly hard sell. How do you even explain this thing? I've tried several times to get across why it's good, and I can barely get a plot summary out without making it sound like someone slipped Paul Krugman hallucinogenics and made him play Dragon Warrior.

"Well you see there's a Hero, and there's a Demon King, and the Hero goes to fight the Demon King, but instead it turns out she's actually an economist, and the Demon King hands him a raft of papers and graphs that proves that if he kills her it will actually cause human civilization to collapse..."
"Because they're archetypes. By appealing to universally known figures you can shortcut the process of describing them. That's important because there's no narrative or description, the entire thing is just dialogue."
"It's just dialogue?"

Well, they could make it like the manga version where they add a little bit of action and make it like spice and wolf, which is also an anime mostly filled with dialogue.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 06:59   Link #216
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:

"It's just dialogue?"

I suppose the production group know that the serie have limited appeal (compared to a more traditional serie), if the serie sell, it will be on the dialogues and characters interactions, not unlike Spice and Wolf.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 22:36   Link #217
Insane
Banned

Quote:

"It's just dialogue?"

Probably they'll make it in Onii-ai format, since that one also filled with a bunch of dialogues.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 07:34   Link #218
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Someone please tell me they were able to catch Meat Day yesterday, I was so pre-occupied that my day ended with me sleeping halfway into the latest Code Geass release

Nowhere online that I've searched has it, and it's practically non-existent on the main site
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 07:39   Link #219
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Someone please tell me they were able to catch Meat Day yesterday, I was so pre-occupied that my day ended with me sleeping halfway into the latest Code Geass release

Nowhere online that I've searched has it, and it's practically non-existent on the main site
Here you go:
Spoiler for Useless meat #3:
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 07:39   Link #220
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
"It's just dialogue?"

Don't worry man, this is Studio ARMs baby, I doubt they'll do just dialogue.....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
economics, fantasy, harem