AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

Old 2012-10-23, 09:16   Link #441
kobester11

Wow, this episode... This is great anime folks.

Well,that's to be expected since the author wrote the episode himself... Still wow, just wow...

It's irritating that people consider this as the "cliche generic moe fanservice" anime... they solely base it in the PV's the promo art whilst not checking the show itself.
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 09:44   Link #442
DorkingtonPugsly

Ahh reading all the posts about episode 3 makes me want to watch it even more. I couldn't watch it yesterday because I fell asleep and now I'm mad at myself for doing so, ugh. Well tonight I'll get to it and post more than something like this.
I'm excited to see all the character developments and what not... can't wait.
Also it's really funny how the reaction to episode 3 is the polar opposite here than at some other places/people. Although I think I'll have a positive reaction.
Old 2012-10-23, 10:59   Link #443
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Sorata's angst was a bit exaggerated, but overall it was a great episode. Since this episode delivered, I think the anime will do a good job resolving each character's conflict as well. I really like the group dynamic, and I can't wait for the plot to unfold!
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 11:03   Link #444
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
Spoiler for drama:
you say it's cruel she did that but it's not. He needed a wake up call and that's what she have him.
Old 2012-10-23, 11:10   Link #445
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ooh, Jin has a major urge to 'comfort' Misaki when he sees her depressed? Well, at least he got one part of osananajimi right.

Now, I wonder, how is he gonna give that bear as a gift.

And lol@Misaki asking MC if he's ok with Jin NTR'ing him, when essentially she's the one who's being NTR'd for the longest time. Although it is interesting, Jin's first GF was the one stalking Misaki? That's a backstory I want to see if I ever saw one. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 11:18   Link #446
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoocheese View Post
Educated guess of what will happen:

All of them will join together to make a game

Shiina= art director
Jin= Script Writer
Misaki= Animation director
Sorata=Producer/leader
Ryunosuke=Programming

this is what i'm expecting to happen when sorata finally gets his act together
I didn't think about that, but that's a brilliant way to use everyone's abilities - Key better watch out if Sakura-sou put all their talent together like that...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 11:33   Link #447
HandofFate

episode 3 was different from the first two in a big way.

I really like the confrontation type scenes like with Jin about making excuses. I love that kind of bluntness scenes that makes the MC just come to a realization.

Lots of character development.
Old 2012-10-23, 11:53   Link #448
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Heh, I remember two weeks ago people were sure that Sorata would be the one changing Shiina, funny how their roles have reversed after this episode
I think Sorata will still make a difference on Shiina but Shiina herself will make a huge difference on Sorata.

Sorata will help improve Shiina and have her stand on her own or at least a bit of common sense

but Shiina's effect on Sorata will probably the main point of the story (for now)

The story focus on Sorata making a difference on himself. The first episode said so with everyday being boring and transparent. Shiina will be bring color to Sorata's life.
Old 2012-10-23, 12:04   Link #449
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This anime is deeper than I thought it would be. I was really impressed by this episode. It was a lot better than the first two. This is definitely shaping up to be more than another harem show.
Old 2012-10-23, 12:34   Link #450
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I really wasn't expecting an episode like that this early in the series, but it was quite refreshing to see a serious mood like that indeed.
Having Sorata questioning his own plans for the future, and his "dishonesty" towards the Sakurasou residents was a very good step for his character development.

Meanwhile, I'm starting to think that Matsuoka has a very scary lung capacity: he kept screaming like a madman for Sorata's lines, in a very convincing way. Due to this, I think slapstick tsukkomi characters fit him better than the serious ones he did in SAO or Campione. At this rate, he might be the new popular male seiyuu, which would be refreshing after having Yuuki Kaiji.
Old 2012-10-23, 12:36   Link #451
samho

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Although it is interesting, Jin's first GF was the one stalking Misaki? That's a backstory I want to see if I ever saw one. XD
No. WHat Misaki said is she didn't even need to stalk Jin's first GF to know the detail.

And of course there's a reason why she didn't need to stalk Jin and his first GF... that's some sort of major spoiler although the original material (novel and manga) did reveal that at this point already. It also bring up some interesting things on this episode: the anime did alter some (important) plot here so I'm now curious about how they are going to develop the relationship and story later on (postpone to next episode, maybe?). Looking forward for next episode !
samho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 13:02   Link #452
ueXia

Two main gripes for me:

1. It's painfully obvious that Aoyama is out of the game now. Will they try to force some kind of spotlight episode before completely ditching her out of the romance route? I can't imagine Toradora being the classic it is now, if they would have ditched Minorin on episode 3, or before any character development (which is zero for Aoyama right now).

2. Why is Misaki still in love with a man that bangs strange (and married) women every night? Are anime characters that stupid? Not even the bitchiest of my friends would give herself completely (as in, love) to a guy like that. I understand they grew up together, but REALLY? I dated my childhood friend for a while, but she became a jerk and things carry on to different paths when they don't work out, just like we did.
ueXia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 13:19   Link #453
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ueXia View Post
1. It's painfully obvious that Aoyama is out of the game now. Will they try to force some kind of spotlight for her before completely ditching her out of the romance route? I can't imagine Toradora being the classic it is now, if they would have ditched Minorin on episode 3, or before any character development (which is zero for Aoyama right now).
Spoiler for Toradora:

Quote:
Not even the bitchiest of my friends would give herself completely (as in, love) to a guy like that. I understand they grew up together, but REALLY? I dated my childhood friend for a while, but she became a jerk and things carry on to different paths when they don't work out, just like we did.
You make it sound like Jin is some jerk that enjoys torturing Misaki for the fun of it,which is really not the case.
Old 2012-10-23, 13:27   Link #454
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
You make it sound like Jin is some jerk that enjoys torturing Misaki for the fun of it,which is really not the case.
You don't need to be a jerk to hurt somebody to the bones. And why does it matter anyway? Him being a nice guy doesn't mean she doesn't deserve a better outcome, at all. In my honest opinion, fucking random women every night is being a notorious D. Maybe this anime makes him likable because of the plot, and seem to not be bothered about that, so in a sense the anime succeeded.
Just pointing that out.
ueXia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 14:21   Link #455
samho

Quote:
Two main gripes for me:

1. It's painfully obvious that Aoyama is out of the game now. Will they try to force some kind of spotlight episode before completely ditching her out of the romance route? I can't imagine Toradora being the classic it is now, if they would have ditched Minorin on episode 3, or before any character development (which is zero for Aoyama right now).

2. Why is Misaki still in love with a man that bangs strange (and married) women every night? Are anime characters that stupid? Not even the bitchiest of my friends would give herself completely (as in, love) to a guy like that. I understand they grew up together, but REALLY? I dated my childhood friend for a while, but she became a jerk and things carry on to different paths when they don't work out, just like we did.
For 1) and 2)

If you plan on enjoy this series in the long run, try not judge those characters too early.

Hint: We haven't even progress to the material of novel volume 2 yet, so be patient, the story will unfold.
samho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 14:34   Link #456
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Color me pleasantly surprised with the overall direction and tone of the third episode, and that's with already above average expectations. While the first two episodes featured shades of depth and foreshadowing regarding the character issues, I certainly wasn't expecting the show to bring those to the front this early and explicitly.

Indeed, I was expecting the anime to continue in the same lighthearted and humorous pattern for quite some time before tackling any deeper character issues, as things usually tend to flow, so seeing the show taking a different route was a most welcome sight. And what makes it even better is that the drama surrounding Sorata is very human and shouldn't be hard to relate to.

The question of what to do with one's future is a very basic and important one, and people being unsure about it is both natural and not uncommon. Mashiro and Sorata make pretty interesting contrasts in this regard, as Sorata noted - Mashiro knows exactly what she wants to do and is living it, while Sorata is uncertain and frustrated regarding his future.

And she is the more content person for it, despite obviously lacking in certain social areas. This is probably the realization that will impact Sorata's and Mashiro's interaction dynamics the most - that for all his common sense Sorata isn't necessarily the more successful person, nor is Mashiro nearly as lost and helpless (in the grand scheme of things) as he had assumed her to be. Larger picture trumping the smaller details, is it?

It was good to see these issues being brought out in the open so early, and it will be most interesting to see what the show does with them. The door is certainly open for lots of character growth and development and the show has plenty of time to spare exploring the subjects.

Indeed, it will be interesting to see how both Jin and Sorata handle their respective situations, which aren't all that dissimilar - both are paired with females whom they feel respectively inferior to, and at least in Jin's case has evidently decided that he has to keep his distance from Misaki, likely with the usual "She's too good for me" line of thought. Here's hoping Sorata doesn't venture down the same unsympathetic path, though his story (at least for now) is likely to be much less relationship centric than Jin's.

Either way, after 3 episodes in I can safely say that giving this show a try was one of the better decisions I have made regarding this anime season. The initial summary / promo material left me quite lukewarm, but the show is very much above what an initial glance might suggest. The comedy delivers the appropriate punch (Both Seiyuu performance and animation complement the scenes greatly), the drama (or what we have seen of it) is surprisingly down to earth and human, and the characters are more complex and have more depth than I would usually expect from a typical romc-om show. Good stuff, can't wait to see how all this develops.
Old 2012-10-23, 14:54   Link #457
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Two main gripes for me: 1. It's painfully obvious that Aoyama is out of the game now.... 2. Why is Misaki still in love with a man that bangs strange (and married) women every night...?
Excellent post, with which I think I disagree a bit.

1. In the long run, I can't really see Mashiro settling down with anyone but her art, and perhaps a butler. Is that the role Sorata wants to fill? On the other hand, Aoyama just feels something for him, and if he ever starts to reciprocate, things can happen. This is a two-cour show, after all. Also, maybe my standards are low, but I feel as if Aoyama has had some development. We know she is determined and a hard worker, that she has financial problems, and also that she can be reasonable and kind, but can also get frustrated and sad. A reasonable start, it seems to me.

2. Misaki knew Jin before he became a player, it appears. So she is thinking of him in that light, and as her writing partner. Also, Jin does not seem to be taking advantage of anyone, just giving them (and him) some pleasure. I've known guys like this who are actually good guys, not exploiters. I'm not saying I approve of such behaviour in general, just that I can't condemn them personally.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 15:05   Link #458
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Aww, I couldn't help but feel nothing but sadness throughout this episode. Things kept getting worse for Sorata as well as Misaki and as much as I wanted some sort of support for them both, they never got it
Old 2012-10-23, 15:51   Link #459
Somnus
Eh?

Ladies and gents, this show is fantastic. There's really no need to slice it any other way.

Colour me surprised with an episode with this much (and unexpected) depth, and it's only the third. In a 2-cour series no doubt! The balance of emotions, development, pacing, all solid.

I thought this would be a gem from a season preview of a paragraph and a picture, but oh is it turning out to be so much more.
Old 2012-10-23, 16:04   Link #460
TimeSkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoocheese View Post
Educated guess of what will happen:

All of them will join together to make a game

Shiina= art director
Jin= Script Writer
Misaki= Animation director
Sorata=Producer/leader
Ryunosuke=Programming

this is what i'm expecting to happen when sorata finally gets his act together
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And Aoyama would be the Seiyuu for their lead female? Well, assuming they're aiming for a VN of sort...

It does seem strangely coincidental...
It's possible for their graduation project.
TimeSkip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, slice of life