AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2007-06-12, 01:30   Link #861
Mentar
Banned

We're currently fighting our way through the weakest parts of the manga. On the plus side, we're almost through.

The story will pick up again when we're reaching the middle parts, and the Nishizawa chapter indicates that we're almost there.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 05:50   Link #862
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Geez, if these are the weak parts of the manga, then I can't wait for the strong ones.

Ep 11.

Oh God... Hayate... is so GAR... That was some kick.

Ok, momentarily ignoring the fact that this is a self-aware comedy which pretty much demands that the plot will be driven by ridiculousness, I can't say I mind the seeming introduction of this conflict component surrounding Nagi's inheritance. Why? Because who seriously doesn't want see at Nagi impossibly dere moe levels? But seeing as such a turn around for Nagi could only possibly come at a life changing event, it does seem to be one of many things hinting at a Nagi x Hayate relationship, particularly if Hayate is going to be the one that saves Nagi from her "assassins" in the future... or even if Hayate is the one that somehow induces Nagi's apology. It's not obvious to me how important this whole conflict will be to the plot, and while I'd hope it doesn't get too repetitive and drown out other interesting components of this story (ie, the relationships), I don't think I'd complain too much if it had its fair share of the spotlight.

Nonetheless, my respect for Hayate continues to go up with every episode. This is how male leads in this type of anime should be: strong, competent, resolute. Unfortunately a running trait in these types of characters also seem to be obliviousness, particularly when it comes to romance, but for better or worse, it'd be a short story if that wasn't the case.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 15:36   Link #863
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Could anyone list the bleeps that were shown..I only caught one of them which was Yahoo. XD -shot-

I loved this episode, what's in the pendant I wonder.

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 01:51   Link #864
Fruitfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post
Could anyone list the bleeps that were shown..I only caught one of them which was Yahoo. XD -shot-
I got a few. I didn't get a few.
First was "Dragon Quest" and "Zoma"
2nd was left entirely blank by Eclipse, but in the manga, it was "Danshi of Rakugo".
3rd was "Compile" and "Puyo Puyo". Compile did go bankrupt.
4th was also left blank by Eclipse, but in the manga it was "SNK"
5th I didn't get. Yahoo Station? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post
I loved this episode, what's in the pendant I wonder.
Not sure but I always thought of it as a magical pendent that gave him special powers, Gandalfr like (Zero no Tsukaima)
Fruitfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 04:54   Link #865
adue
★諒&あづさ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitfly View Post
I
5th I didn't get. Yahoo Station? lol
It was Yafu Oku, or Yahoo Auction.

Last edited by adue; 2007-06-13 at 05:06.
adue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 07:19   Link #866
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Never get tired of Hayate it never fails to lift my spirits. Yahoo auction and dragon quest refrences had me on the floor. I didnt catch the other ones I will have to go back and watch. Nagi's grandfather is brilliant seriously if some could actually make Nagi cry and say sorry then they deserve the estate. Im interested in this pendant that Hayate got from her grandfather, in the op you can see it in a patricular shot.

I must say that at first I thought well Hayate will be a butler forever but after this episode I would love to see him move up in the world and make his own money, come on he deserves he is the most selfless guy ever.

The scene with Nagi and Hayate at the end has been in mind all day. IT was beautiful scene with Hayate swearing never to let anyone make her cry and protect her.. Nagi turned more shades of red than i thought was possible although the show is not really about love I would love to see these 2 together is maybe some future episode or a what if episode.
Old 2007-06-13, 13:02   Link #867
Ayumu4ever

I hope Hayate end up with Ayumu, because she is the best charakter in this series, btw I CAN'T WAIT FOR EPISODE 12
Ayumu4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 13:54   Link #868
UPR

Maria Maria Maria Maria Maria there is no one better if you read the manga grantly im only up to the current translated one (58) but i believe she is the one
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 15:49   Link #869
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
one word 'NAGI'
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 15:52   Link #870
Necro-

nagi is the obvious choice
Necro- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 16:33   Link #871
UPR

the thing is Hayate just looks at her like a little sister a little kid nothing will happen. because if does not choose Maria or Hinagiku then it will have him not choose anybody
Old 2007-06-13, 16:53   Link #872
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
as much as a fanboy that i am for maria its pretty clear that hayate would be together with his oujo sama...it doesnt stop love triangles from forming along the way but in the end the story is about hayate and nagi (in its core) ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 18:49   Link #873
UPR

from what we've read and seen i just can't see Hayate looking at Nagi in that way, let's be real about this the first thing that come's to Hayate's mind when thinking about her is (other than protect her) is to re-pay the money. Soy if many you think that that's the core relationship then this will end like it started she thinking something there not and Hayete saying things for her to misunderstand even more and him saying now it's not the time to be going out with somebody becaue he has to re-pay even if that girl maybe Maria which he obviously has a crush on
Old 2007-06-13, 20:01   Link #874
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Yay! XD I got Yahoo right and oh yeah I remember getting Dragon Quest also even though I've never played the game. Ooh can't wait for episode 12~

I finally read a few pages of the first volume a few days ago. XD

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 20:09   Link #875
gouf 1/2
~ Get set!

haha... swweet i just noticed we had a discussion on Hayate!

Funniest anime? do u agree or disagree?
gouf 1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 20:38   Link #876
UPR

well at least one of the funniest there so many out there
Old 2007-06-13, 22:50   Link #877
TBox

Retarded question: What's the name of the type of music they're playing at the "Grando Suponsaa" part?

I know it's some sort of traditional Japanese thing, but I want more and need something to google.
TBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 02:46   Link #878
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

of course this is not the funniest anime, it is just a well done anime. especially since so many bad animes have been coming out this past year.

honestly, the only part of episode 11 I liked was when the p***ing occured.

mariel was h** that it really made me **** and ***.

normally I would not approve of such actions, but if mariel is ok with it then so am I.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 15:45   Link #879
gouf 1/2
~ Get set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
of course this is not the funniest anime, it is just a well done anime. especially since so many bad animes have been coming out this past year.

honestly, the only part of episode 11 I liked was when the p***ing occured.

mariel was h** that it really made me **** and ***.

normally I would not approve of such actions, but if mariel is ok with it then so am I.
haha inddeed

I understnad most of the censored parts in their speeches but some of them are totally random
gouf 1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 19:09   Link #880
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Maria Maria Maria Maria Maria there is no one better if you read the manga grantly im only up to the current translated one (58) but i believe she is the one
*nods* Number 1 reason I watch the show is for her.

As for the inheritance bit introduced this episode will that become like a focal point for the story or is it going to still remain more or less random?
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen, synergy sp