AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-28, 00:18   Link #241
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I'd be kind of disappointed if it is only 12 episodes. If just because the other three were all in the 20ish episode region. Could certainly do a story in 12 episodes, but I just like as many episodes as possible.
Old 2008-06-28, 00:56   Link #242
Westlo
Lets be reality

Wouldn't mind seeing a second set of 12 episodes appear in the Spring 09 season.
Old 2008-06-28, 01:44   Link #243
Vespa

The first announcement of the series said there will be 2 cours, which means there will be at least 24-26 episodes total.
Old 2008-06-28, 02:09   Link #244
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well nothing wrong with splitting it up between seasons. Would still have something to look forward to after the first 12 episodes were finished. Do wonder how they'd tackle the story though. Be it two separate arcs or one large arc with a cliffhanger type situation coming in episode 12.
Old 2008-06-28, 02:34   Link #245
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well nothing wrong with splitting it up between seasons. Would still have something to look forward to after the first 12 episodes were finished. Do wonder how they'd tackle the story though. Be it two separate arcs or one large arc with a cliffhanger type situation coming in episode 12.
Probably not. Hopefully not really. I'm sick of cliffhangers and series being splitt up.
Old 2008-06-28, 05:16   Link #246
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Jeez. I'm not liking the news at all. I was hoping for a one-fell-swoop run of two cours straight, oldschool.

I honestly don't know what the heck JC Staff is doing sometimes. And they say Gonzo is inconsistent?
Old 2008-06-28, 09:18   Link #247
Graus
grumpy guy in #mirrormoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
So they'll probably skip Copy Rezo, eliminating Zangulus, no Martina, possibly no Gaav (no Auntie Aqua), no searching for the Claire Bible, Laguna Blade is something Lina invents and perfects on her own, with Syphiel not even knowing Dragon Slave?

And no Dragon cuisine.

Oh god. Don't tell me Amelia la Justice Freak will be back in full force?
It would make sense if the "first arc" is a retelling of season 1 and season 2 that is more closer to the original novels, in these Martina, Zangulus never existed. How Lina got to the Claire Bible in the first place was also much more "simple" in the novels and there never was a character called Auntie Aqua.

Anyway, these 12 episodes would introduce new audience to the "original" Slayers franchise and from there give a strong solid point to continue following the novels plotline.

Spoiler:
At this point the anime took a major shortcut from the novels and allowed a third season to be made.

Hopefully I havent confused people too much because english isnt my main language, so there might be some funny sentence structuring here and there.

EDIT:
Still I'm a little bit skeptic about this retelling thing, afterall it's Enoki Films. I thought they were dead and buried but I was obviously wrong. If they do the retelling scenario, I'm sure most people will be pleased because certain characters differ a lot from their anime counterparts.

Last edited by Graus; 2008-06-28 at 09:26. Reason: Fixing
Old 2008-06-28, 09:37   Link #248
grunty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graus View Post
If they do the retelling scenario, I'm sure most people will be pleased because certain characters differ a lot from their anime counterparts.
Might as well be the reason for many people to be disappointed.

But hey, with Pokota appearing in the trailer... If it's a retelling it can't be close to the novel, can it? Why would novel fans be happy about that... Screams SEQUEL. I do hope it's just another TV series in the Slayers anime series, rather than NEW Slayers...
Old 2008-06-28, 10:01   Link #249
Graus

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunty View Post
Might as well be the reason for many people to be disappointed.

But hey, with Pokota appearing in the trailer... If it's a retelling it can't be close to the novel, can it? Why would novel fans be happy about that... Screams SEQUEL. I do hope it's just another TV series in the Slayers anime series, rather than NEW Slayers...
He could be something new that they decided to throw in, my knowledge of the Slayers novel is only limited to the first 15 novels which cover the whole "plot".

I'm all fine with whatever they end up making because it'll still be Slayers so I'm just throwing theories around. The old guy(with closed eyes) seen in some of the scans so far is at least a novel character from one of the later novels.

In any case, the ending of Slayers Try prepared the road to finish the last novels.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-06-29, 16:13   Link #250
Kaguya
an idler

Slayers Revolution 30 sec Trailer is here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C22XXEnwGkk

Although Minamike and Minamike-okawari were produced by different production studio, I will be worried if New Slayers are produced similarly.
But it will be OK if J.C.STAFF produces both of first 12 episodes and next 12 episodes.
Old 2008-06-29, 16:35   Link #251
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
Slayers Revolution 30 sec Trailer is here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C22XXEnwGkk

Although Minamike and Minamike-okawari were produced by different production studio, I will be worried if New Slayers are produced similarly.
But it will be OK if J.C.STAFF produces both of first 12 episodes and next 12 episodes.
That made me smile.

And man would it suck if the same thing happened to Revolution as did to Minami-ke.
Old 2008-06-29, 17:25   Link #252
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Well, i'm glad it still has the look of the old slayers. I have no doubts it'll be funny, but lets hope they don't fail in the battles department :\, as i stated earlier:
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I HOPE Zel and Amelia get some kind of upgrades. I LOVE the Slayers as a whole, but I was very disappointed in how in the latter parts of Next and Try, Zel and Amelia felt like they couldn't do anything(in terms of damage) to the main bad guys, esp in Try.
Old 2008-06-29, 17:33   Link #253
Wesley84

Quote:
Well, i'm glad it still has the look of the old slayers. I have no doubts it'll be funny, but lets hope they don't fail in the battles department :\, as i stated earlier:
They could always do it like they did in the movies and keep the badguys in their league for the most part. As long as it's not a general level Mazoku, Zel and Amelia can make a good account for themselves. "Viz Fran! Ahhhhtatatatata!"
Old 2008-06-29, 18:59   Link #254
Graus

Quote:
I HOPE Zel and Amelia get some kind of upgrades. I LOVE the Slayers as a whole, but I was very disappointed in how in the latter parts of Next and Try, Zel and Amelia felt like they couldn't do anything(in terms of damage) to the main bad guys, esp in Try.
You can partially blame that on
Spoiler:

Wheew, that's a lot of text in a spoiler
Old 2008-06-29, 19:44   Link #255
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well at least Zel is capable of handling himself even without upgrades. Good spell variety and sword skills are just fine as well. Certainly is tough when you have Lina getting spells like the Ragna Blade. Will see soon enough how all the characters do.

But nice explanation for the reason Graus.
Old 2008-06-29, 19:48   Link #256
Wesley84

The Revolution manga is absolutely hiliarious. If this is the first episode, we have something truly to look forward to in about a week's time (assuming there's a group picking it up).
Old 2008-06-29, 22:41   Link #257
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Commence the countdown!

3 days until the TV Tokyo airing!
Old 2008-06-30, 02:10   Link #258
Graus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
The Revolution manga is absolutely hiliarious. If this is the first episode, we have something truly to look forward to in about a week's time (assuming there's a group picking it up).
How much of it is out so far? I had totally forgotten about it and have only seen few pages from the first chapter(Couldn't find a source to grab it)
Old 2008-06-30, 02:25   Link #259
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graus View Post
How much of it is out so far? I had totally forgotten about it and have only seen few pages from the first chapter(Couldn't find a source to grab it)
As of the monthly Dragon Age June release, 1 chapter.
Old 2008-06-30, 02:34   Link #260
Graus

I know it's too early to complain or anything, but after checking out the first chapter of Slayers Revolution manga.

Spoiler:

Guess only time will tell how they pull the show through, hopefully the director wont pull the same crap he did with few of the recent shows he directed.

It's been over 10 years. So no matter what they do to the show I'll still watch it.

http://tinyurl.com/6x2cua
Closed Thread

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, fantasy