AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 21 30.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 34.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 10.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 14.49%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.90%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-01-10, 16:36   Link #41
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Looks like Mikoto unconsciously adapted Kuroko's behavior and Touma is getting the other end.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 18:43   Link #42
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Touma is Index's property. She just has to remind Mikoto.
Old 2009-01-10, 19:16   Link #43
Forever
Revealing the truth

Touma's luck is just insanely bad. JUst when he got to touch imouto's breast, he is so laced with anaethesia that he cant feel it.

Sometimes I wonder his ultra bad luck is actually keeping him alive. I mean he is better off dying early than suffering a life of utter bad luck. His luck is so bad that he will only get tormented to the verge of dying but never died in the end.

Back to the episode, which deserves a 9 from me as well. I too am quite puzzled why the accelerator didnt figure out touma's ability, given his smart enough to calculate vectors rapidly. Touma would never have a chance in hell if accelerator keeps to long range attacks.

Still +2 (or +10000) to Touma's Harem. Who's next?
Old 2009-01-10, 19:32   Link #44
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post

Dammit! Touma should have been beaten MORE before he get's to defeat Accelerator. Gah! Touma has "reaction" hax, I mean Accelerator was sooo fast there, there's no way Touma could have dodge accelerators "touches".
The NaGARsumi effect.

Over time, even a normal human can develop superhuman reflexes after being 'involved' with superhuman beings

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Does it even look like that? She just talks. If she had some facial change, then maybe...
And I left one out... While Mikoto talked to Imouto, the good guy that Accelerator waited for her to finish.
The point is that it doesn't matter what Mikoto does, she can never lay a scratch on Accelerator.

And don't forget what Touma said; it's paramount the Mikoto does not directly interfere with the fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Back to the episode, which deserves a 9 from me as well. I too am quite puzzled why the accelerator didnt figure out touma's ability, given his smart enough to calculate vectors rapidly. Touma would never have a chance in hell if accelerator keeps to long range attacks.
The problem I realized from the Science people (Mikoto and old Touma) is that they have difficulty accepting anything that isn't scientifically proven.

The power to negate all supernatural effects definitely counts as one.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 22:59   Link #45
Seiryuu

Concerning Touma's choice not to go for the plasma ball, I think there's two points:
1: Touma's power nullifies supernatural phenomena. I don't think it can nullify what's already there. He can nullify Mikoto's shocks because it's a direct flow of her power, but I don't think he'd be able to catch a five-yen coin in his right hand. Similarly, he could nullify the containment, but the plasma was not Acc's power, just matter that had entered that state in response to his power. In other words, it'd be sort of like trying to get rid of a nuclear plant by destroying all its containment equipment. It would produce a massive explosion of high-energy matter that would take them all out. The best plan was to disturb Acc's control enough to rip the plasma apart and dissipate it in pieces until he gave up and readjusted the vectors.
2: Acc had the plasma ball several feet over his head. Touma isn't any stronger than an average guy who's had his fair share of fights. He's not going to try to jump over a sadistic psychopath's head in the midst of a storm of wind and heat, hoping that he's able to touch the ball with his right hand before any other parts of his body get too close.

Also, Touma is not that incredibly strong. Acc is just incredibly weak. The guy's power makes all forces on his body nonexistent, so muscle capacity to counter those forces is pointless. As could be seen, the guy has basically no muscle, so without his vector power, he wouldn't be able to take the force of a stiff breeze. Frankly, it seems more surprising to me that Touma didn't break some of the bones in Accelerator's hand when he slapped it away in ep13.

BTW, is that really Mikoto in the preview for 15? This I've got to see.
Spoiler:
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 03:00   Link #46
Mashimaro
q8D

As this series is not licensed, I believe I can talk about fansubs?

Regarding Aoshen's version on the "flag" they put it as rising a school flag while majority say "flagging" refering to eroge happy event trigger which.. he also said himself. One makes no sense while the game makes great sense though I don't speak native Japanese. Could someone confirm that Toma is indeed refering to eroge?
Mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 03:42   Link #47
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashimaro View Post
As this series is not licensed, I believe I can talk about fansubs?

Regarding Aoshen's version on the "flag" they put it as rising a school flag while majority say "flagging" refering to eroge happy event trigger which.. he also said himself. One makes no sense while the game makes great sense though I don't speak native Japanese. Could someone confirm that Toma is indeed refering to eroge?
In that situation? Yes, Touma was talking about raising a flag for this CG event

Aisa had it right, Touma's just going down the route of different girls and raising their flags
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 10:41   Link #48
ken_FF
剱冑の理、ここに在り

Send a message via Yahoo to ken_FF
Yep. Raising a flag = winning a girl's affection. Not only in Eroges though. They apply to all renai simulation games.
Old 2009-01-11, 11:14   Link #49
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

They really nerfed Touma in this episode. A Touma Uppercut is supposed to be a one-hit K.O., right?

Touma wouldn't have been able to cancel the plasma ball. He can block Accelerator's power to change vectors, but there's nothing he can do about what Accelerator has already accelerated. The plasma is a real, indirect effect of Accelerator's power.

And what the hell was that sound Accelerator was making right before he started CHARGIN MAH SPRIT BOMB? That was... really weird. Like he was being possessed or something?

"...even so, I want you to live on..." = ;_;

(;゚ Д゚)

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2009-01-11 at 11:30.
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 13:02   Link #50
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Meh fight was terrible...Especially when I think back to Kurokami's one earlier in the week...hah...Ah well at least we got some nice moments in the last half and a Index head bite is always a welcome sight.

Next episode looks to be mostly character driven which is fine with me since its just about the only reason I keep watching at this point...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 14:00   Link #51
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm just glad Touma ended up in the hospital at the end of this arc. If it doesn't happen at the end of the next one, i am going to be very unhappy.

Going to miss MISAKA. Hopefully she'll appear in the beach episode next week.
Old 2009-01-11, 14:16   Link #52
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
-Leave, Index... Air needs to stay as air, especially after doing nothing the whole arc.
This.

Nice episode overall, although some parts just make you wonder about Accelerator's intelligence.
Just get a rock or some random metal object and shoot it through Touma's head. Is it really that hard?

Next episode looks to be a little more lighthearted, which I need after these huge strings of OMGSRS episodes [or, at least, they attempted to be serious].
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 15:15   Link #53
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

"Perfect vision can only be measured as 2.0 - same idea."

If have absolutely no idea wtf Accelerator is talking about. Someone mind to explain that to me?

edit:

ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE <3

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2009-01-11 at 15:25.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 15:23   Link #54
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

hes always in that hospital
SwiftStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 15:30   Link #55
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
This.

Nice episode overall, although some parts just make you wonder about Accelerator's intelligence.
Just get a rock or some random metal object and shoot it through Touma's head. Is it really that hard?

Next episode looks to be a little more lighthearted, which I need after these huge strings of OMGSRS episodes [or, at least, they attempted to be serious].
.. no he should shoot what people cannot see = =... like air or some glass( assuming he doesnt just accelerate objects faster than sound or something)
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 15:58   Link #56
ZeroForever

fun eps but one of those fights that the hero wins cause the villain is to stupid to win despite the overwhelming difference, though honestly that seems to be the case for pretty much every fight so far this series.

though what was with those sounds that accelerator was making before the plasma ball.

and with the shooting things if he can change vectors he should be able to do lasers and gravity wells and such easy enough to instantly kill you without even bothering with physical matter.
Old 2009-01-11, 16:04   Link #57
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
and with the shooting things if he can change vectors he should be able to do lasers and gravity wells and such easy enough to instantly kill you without even bothering with physical matter.
You're on the right track, but keep in mind that he can only change the vectors of what he's touching (or near enough, anyway). He can manipulate the gravity right around him, but no gravity wells wherever he wants. No lasers, either, unless he can figure out how to do all the subatomic manipulations in his head, the hard way.
Old 2009-01-11, 17:43   Link #58
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
"Perfect vision can only be measured as 2.0 - same idea."
Humble as he is, he considers himself perfect. And since there's nothing better than perfect, he's grudgingly accepting to be considered level 5 (the perfect esper level), even though he considers himself vastly superior to Mikoto.

In other words, he's talking down to her, badly. "We may both be lvl5, but only because there's no higher level for perfection here, wimp!" is more or less what he's saying.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 19:11   Link #59
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

ROFL, that was hilarious. Acc. is such a moron. He kept trying to do his instant kill move but kept getting punched in the kisser. You think he would learn by the 3rd time he failed that it wasn't working, and he would try something different. Touma just kept beating the crap out of him til he was unconcious.

Awesome episode. The part with the kitty at the end was cute.

10/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Humble as he is, he considers himself perfect. And since there's nothing better than perfect, he's grudgingly accepting to be considered level 5 (the perfect esper level), even though he considers himself vastly superior to Mikoto.
Please tell me you are being sarcastic here. Acc. was anything BUT humble.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2009-01-12 at 08:02. Reason: please use the "edit" button instead of double posting
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 19:36   Link #60
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
fun eps but one of those fights that the hero wins cause the villain is to stupid to win despite the overwhelming difference, though honestly that seems to be the case for pretty much every fight so far this series.
How are they stupid? 3 of the 5 'villians' he fought didn't know of his ability, so it's obvious that Touma has a slight advantage in that the enemy can't/hasn't figured out his ability. Yes, Acc can throw beams and containers and such, but he probably has killed many of his opponents(the Imoutos) through direct touch, so it's obvious why he kept attempting to grab him directly. At the very last hit, was the first time Acc got a chance to touch him, which is why he looked so shocked. Now it would be stupid if Acc DID know Touma's power and kept charging toward him.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote