AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-01-14, 01:43   Link #201
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
well, yeah it means that if she doesn't do it is very very bad, thus why it is translated the way they did, there is not really an real equivalent in English so what the translators used was the best thing possible.
Use of "ikenai" in this particular sentence doesn't allude to much negativity. It just gives the context of necessity in this situation.

It's pretty much the same as saying:
"I need to buy eggs" = "Tamago wo kawanaito ikenai"

There's a necessity to buy eggs, but just because eggs aren't bought, doesn't necessarily mean something terrible will happen.

"ikenai" also holds the meaning of "naughty" or any similar word to that, but when used in the same situation, it's somewhat awkward.
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 02:22   Link #202
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

I guess I'm in the minority that wants Aiko to win eh? Partially because she is my favorite character, and partially because it would be funny to see a collective "WTF!?" sweep across the anime community. I'm so tired of series where the male lead chooses the obvious pick. Tokimeki was the biggest offender in this fashion. The only time my picks ever came through were for Shuffle!, Green Green, and Shining Tears x Wind.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 02:56   Link #203
Ultenth

Though male harems may be predictable often times with choosing the main character, at least it's not like most shoujo harem shows where they don't even pick one at the end like La Cordo D'Oro: Primo Passo, Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru etc. etc. But it would be nice to have more stunning choices like in Shuffle. I think that's why I like Kimikiss so much, even though I get the feeling Mao will win, at least it's interesting with the whole the aspect of lots of characters and couples going on, instead of just a regular harem with one guy and 5 girls which can get old.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 03:10   Link #204
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
I guess I'm in the minority that wants Aiko to win eh? Partially because she is my favorite character, and partially because it would be funny to see a collective "WTF!?" sweep across the anime community. I'm so tired of series where the male lead chooses the obvious pick. Tokimeki was the biggest offender in this fashion. The only time my picks ever came through were for Shuffle!, Green Green, and Shining Tears x Wind.
I'm a fan of hers! I wan't her to win, if not her then Noe...
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 03:14   Link #205
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultenth View Post
Though male harems may be predictable often times with choosing the main character, at least it's not like most shoujo harem shows where they don't even pick one at the end like La Cordo D'Oro: Primo Passo, Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru etc. etc. But it would be nice to have more stunning choices like in Shuffle. I think that's why I like Kimikiss so much, even though I get the feeling Mao will win, at least it's interesting with the whole the aspect of lots of characters and couples going on, instead of just a regular harem with one guy and 5 girls which can get old.
I like Aiko, but that is because I always like to root for the underdog and in this case Aiko is the underdog compared to the other two girls.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 03:30   Link #206
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Following [Doremi]'s version for this series. Having no prior knowledge of True Tears, I was inflicted with the syndrome of referencing other series whenever a possible connection appeared. Much to my detriment.

Girl on tree? Kanon.
Walking on a concrete barrier at a windy beach during sunset while seagulls are flying around? OMG! MASSIVE AIR NOSTALGIA OVERLOAD!
Brewery? Moyashimon.

In all seriousness though, I felt that True Tears got off to a very good start and it has been very captivating to me. I look forward to the future pathos and how it affects the characters.

Cheers.
Old 2008-01-14, 04:59   Link #207
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 2

I'm not sure what I think of the romantic aspects of this show. I'd almost be satisfied if this show had no romance. The reason: it could almost be a distraction from what's making this show so captivating at the moment: good, old fashion character analysis. Noe and Horomi are two of the most interesting characters I've seen in this genre. They are just fascinating... absolutely fascinating characters.

Not that I'm going to write off any romance at this stage. If it's handled well, there's no reason why it can't be good. This show, however... it's hitting the ball out of the park left, right and centre, right now. Man I hope this can keep this up.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 05:12   Link #208
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

some of those reserve type dont go for the attack until a threat emerges....thats the only logic i can come up with (^_^), but yea, hiromi dont seem like the type that would act on jealousy
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 05:37   Link #209
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Ep2 is great. I like the atmosphere and pacing. The music fits very well in certain moments.
Spoiler for ep2:

I'm looking forward to next ep with Aiko, who is still underdeveloped, having a moment with Shin. It seems that Shin and Kichi would have a fight in the future for Aiko.
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 06:03   Link #210
arkxkra
全力全開

I love the opening song, quality nice as well.

Ep2 was a good episode as well, but i still cant figure out what the main story about? Noe seem to be a very mystery girl, and Hiromi wanted to start a move now?

all the girl like related to Shinichirou, i mean something happen at the past..
Old 2008-01-14, 06:32   Link #211
Seiryuu

So far I like what I've seen in this series. The translation's pretty good too, with one exception. I've seen this mistake time and again and I'm kind of tired of it. A tanuki is NOT a raccoon. It's a creature known in english as a raccoon dog, and is a member of the canid family along with wolves, foxes and dogs. It's called a raccoon dog because it does share some markings with raccoons. Sorry for the small rant but I've heard "tanuki" translated as many different species and I don't see why it's so difficult to not just name them as they really are.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 06:47   Link #212
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
So far I like what I've seen in this series. The translation's pretty good too, with one exception. I've seen this mistake time and again and I'm kind of tired of it. A tanuki is NOT a raccoon. It's a creature known in english as a raccoon dog, and is a member of the canid family along with wolves, foxes and dogs. It's called a raccoon dog because it does share some markings with raccoons. Sorry for the small rant but I've heard "tanuki" translated as many different species and I don't see why it's so difficult to not just name them as they really are.
since the tanuki myth doesnt exist in the english language, the closes animal resembling it is a racoon, then it would be wise to use a racoon so some of the veiwers can get a visaul in their head to get a better understanding what the japanese people are talking about...its not perfect but it does help some veiwers built a better connection with this mysterious creature and myth

if your post is to simply clearified what a tanuki is then good job, your post seem like it was saying the translator are not up to snuff and i feel like the translators are doing a awesome job provinding us with a great service so if your are tired of the tanuki mistake perhaps you should apply to be a translator
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 07:05   Link #213
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

The thing with this show is that there really is no romance or even the prospect at this point.

I guess they'll do the whole 'romance that sneaks up' kind of thing for both girls. I doubt anything will happen with Aiko's side with shows like these.

Also, Noe strikes me as a touch bitchy and very passive aggressive. It's like we still know absolutely nothing about her. Actually, the same applies to Hiromi right now, though she doesn't strike me as being as openly hostile and off putting as Noe is.

Actually, I'm not so stricken with Shinichiro either. He reminds me of another artist-in-the-clouds like Kyosuke in ef.

I won't deny the show is pretty well made (though IMO, it's around par with H2O), but I'm really not rooting for any characters yet. So do they have another side other than being openly passive aggressive all the time? I don't know.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 08:55   Link #214
EFrules

I hope this anime gets better and better. Although I got a feeling that Noe and Hiromi will become rival. It's clear that Shin likes Hiromi and I hope the'll be together.

Somehow this anime really reminds me of EF. Noe is similar to Miyako and Shin having a goal (about the Tears) and the story his writing, are somewhat related to the guys in EF.

Well I hope the story goes well because I'm really rooting for this to be good.
EFrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 09:17   Link #215
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Liked The Second Ep.....I Give it..9/10...
I like This Anime..
Old 2008-01-14, 09:50   Link #216
Falkor

I rewatched episode 02 with some subs now and there are two things I just noticed.

The first is Hiromi being on the computer again. Whether or not she has too much homework to do, it’s quite obvious she doesn’t like to be there for some unknown reasons and that she is avoiding her foster family as much as possible by being on the computer. And it seems to me that she joins the basketball team for that matter in order to spend the least amount of time at ‘home.’ Hiromi’s character is so complex and yet it’s hard to understand. Does she hate her foster family or Shinnichiro himself? or it’s simply because she really doesn’t want to be there.

The other is the fact that Hiromi and Shinnichiro leave the house at different times not because one seems to be lazier than the other, but because they want to leave separately by eating slower or faster. I know their relationship has been tense and awkward from the very beginning (the moment Shinnichiro ‘invited’ Hiromi to eat together with the family on episode 01), but there’s something going there and it’s not just carrying a heavy mood. It makes me very curious to know the reasons why they are avoiding each other and it seems that Hiromi herself is the cause/answer to all these questions since for them to start an ‘actual’ conversation, she must be willing to do so.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 09:54   Link #217
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Spoiler for Spoiler Ep2:

Spoiler for Follow on from Falkor's comment:
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 09:59   Link #218
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
For some reason i didnt really feel this episode like i did the first one. By no means was it bad i just was not as emotionally involved for some reason. Noa is by far the most interesing character at the moment. Shes an inigma to me not much is known about her and personality is that out of the norm. However i did enjoy the scene with her in just a long shirt . She saw right through Hiromi and her little game of intellgience gathering. I like how there was no real explanation given towards why she did it was just implied. The romance does not seem to be blooming yet so I dont have a girl im rooting for yet. One thing that really captivates me is not only the OP but the BGM as well both are very touching and sentimental.

Hiromi's behaviour towards her foster family is just weird. I dont get the feeling she hates them but its very akward and she avoids them especially the mother. The father himself is interesting as well he seems so unemtional and detached from the rest of the family. He doesnt smile nor does his tone really change he barely glaces at anyone in the family. I find the whole family situation one of interest and cant wait to find out the whole story as long as it done properly.

this episode 8/10
Old 2008-01-14, 10:48   Link #219
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie0814 View Post
This show is shaping up pretty nice. Heh, that noe is kinda an oddball, but likeable. Hm, why did hiromi wanted to meet noe? was she really jealous? from what they had shown of her, one wouldnt think she was jealous (pretty reserved type to actually take action)
I think that's just it -- she had this impulse to talk with Noe about Shin, but once actually faced with her didn't really know what to say and why she wanted to talk to her in the first place.

She probably doesn't totally realize her own feelings for Shin yet.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 10:57   Link #220
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

I was very pleased by the ep2.

I was really suprised by Noe's other side when she's at her home and who's that guy ?She seems very close to him.I am very intrested by her crystal-ball, she seems to kn ow everything about people.Odd.....

Anyway, this show is very intresting.I really didn't expect this.

Tags
bishoujo, broccoli, circus, drama, p.a. works, romance, school life