Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-05-23, 01:21   Link #1
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII

From RPGamer:
Although rumor has circulated for several years that a sequel to Final Fantasy VII was in the works, Advent Children dispelled the large majority of them. However, to the surprise of much of the gaming media, a direct prequel to the massively popular title was announced at Square Enix's press conference.

The prequel, entitled Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII, features the Turks, the Shinra corporation's skilled mercenary force. Although much of the game appears to be vaguely action-oriented in nature, the battle system features a modified but still tried-and-true menus and turn-based system. The biggest surprise about the game is probably that it is being developed by Square Enix's Mobile sub-division for use on cellphones. Whether the game will be coming stateside is a matter of some question, given that our delivery system for cellphone broadcasting isn't as standardized as Japan's. More information will be coming shortly from the show floor at E3.

Cellphone game...damn...
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 02:35   Link #2
mah_damey

wut the crap.. theyd make so much money off of this if it were anything else but a cell phone game. whos gonna buy that?!
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 04:18   Link #3
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Yea thats true. I saw the screen shots and it looks crappier than SNES....well cant expect much from a cell phone.

Most probably this game is going to be short probably it's just trying to fill in some holes for Advent Children.

I hope they remake FF7, Before Crisis and Advent Children into one big game...but that would cost a lot
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 05:26   Link #4
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Yes... i've also seen that..., That's y I hate cellphone games... they are crappy and consume alot of battery life..., but they are a good time killer...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 09:32   Link #5
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Old 2004-05-23, 17:52   Link #6
SPINAL-BRAIN
May be a Senior Member

The screen shots look rediculiously funny! It makes you wonder what these Japanese are up to now...
SPINAL-BRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 17:51   Link #7
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

You have to seem the game in motion.

It looks awful.

Maybe when there are better cell phones...
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 18:28   Link #8
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
What's that supposed to be!? Men in Black fighting an unidentifyable purple glob?
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 05:35   Link #9
mah_damey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Inverse
What's that supposed to be!? Men in Black fighting an unidentifyable purple glob?
lol thats exactly wut i was thinking...
Old 2004-05-26, 05:59   Link #10
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Inverse
Hmmm... maybe..., are they using guns or something...
Old 2004-05-26, 16:25   Link #11
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

it's a shame that Square-Enix has to resort to shit like this.... I'm not sure about their earnings and success these days... but to me it seems they are desperately looking for more ways to make the Final Fantasy series great again...

this cell-phone game, FFX-2 and the international versions have really ruined the image of the Final Fantasy series for me at least... these kinds of games always remind me of Disney's straight to video sequels of all their original movies.... pure crap....
Old 2004-05-26, 17:08   Link #12
mah_damey

the downfall of ff came with ffx... tidus n blitzball.. 2 gay things in one game.. it was a good game.. it juss wouldve been 10x better with a less annoying/less gay looking main char.
Old 2004-05-26, 19:30   Link #13
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

This is quite sad...yes, but FFX/-2 wasn't!
FFX was the game that made a whole new group of fans appear,
and FFX-2 seemed to have little effect - except for those who refused to play it because it was "different", maybe they were afraid of change

Oh and the screen is the Tursks fighting a Behometh, they are holding guns and seem to be using "lightning", how lightning comes from guns, I do not know...
Old 2004-05-26, 22:10   Link #14
Sid_Burn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
it's a shame that Square-Enix has to resort to shit like this.... I'm not sure about their earnings and success these days... but to me it seems they are desperately looking for more ways to make the Final Fantasy series great again...

this cell-phone game, FFX-2 and the international versions have really ruined the image of the Final Fantasy series for me at least... these kinds of games always remind me of Disney's straight to video sequels of all their original movies.... pure crap....
Yes... you're right... they always make good games..., makes me wonder why did they create a silly game...
Old 2004-05-26, 23:19   Link #15
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
It looks quite well done for a cell phone game, they definitely try to break outside the PS2 traditions. Maybe they try to expand to all kind of platform.

We might expect a Final Fantasy shooting game in Xbox? ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 00:43   Link #16
mah_damey

how long can thsi game possibly be. do they expect someone to sit there playing on a freaking cell phone.
Old 2004-05-29, 19:28   Link #17
stueyfubar

it dosnt look to bad guys , little strange tho turks got guna with lighting ability but ya never know it cud happen
stueyfubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 19:24   Link #18
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
Squaresoft has managed to create the most horrible games in the recent years

hope a decent company who knows how to make games buys copyrights for fianl fantasy 7's sequel like capcom, konami, or blizzard( hey they always make good games).

examples that should go on squaresoft's hall of shitty games..

final fantasy 9

final fantasy x-2

and there was this other one about a magic tree or something, didn't even bother remembering its name..
Ero-Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 22:32   Link #19
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

it looks like something my dog yacked up
they prolly chose the turks as an excuse to not have any detail
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 23:29   Link #20
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

I think this is a great idea.
Its about time that square come out with a game that doesn't revolve around aeons, espers, or final summons.

In response to Ero-Sannin

ff9 and ffx-2 were great games.. ff9 brought the player back to the roots of final fantasy (back to the old crystal theme) and ffx-2 was an appropriate sequel (not another WILL THEY REVIVE SO-AND-SO cliffhanger ending, i'm sure square got sick and tired of those fanbois/gurls).

I'm sure that if north american cellphone technology was anywhere NEAR the japanese (cellphones without cameras are considered outdated) than the north american gaming community would be eating this up. A decent rpg on a cellphone without needing to buy a hand held console? Asides from the problem of draining your cellphone battery, it'd be pretty sweet.

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote