Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-08, 19:32   Link #201
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Frieza after ripping off Nail's arm
"Here. You might want to keep it as a back scratcher. Hahahaha! A back scratcher. Where do I come up with this stuff?"
I remember how much myself and a friend laughed at that line when we first heard it. Thankfully i watched the original Japanese version before checking out the US dub.

Still, that line is pretty genius, in such a wrong way.
Old 2009-04-09, 03:34   Link #202
Maverick

First episode was great it really took me back to my younger days. Did anyone almost shed a tear when Goku's father died? I don't know that really got to me a little.
Old 2009-04-09, 12:13   Link #203
SkoolRumble4Ya

I remember this episode it was the good ol days but I never watch it in japanese before so that's something new for me.

Will they ever show any new footage?
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 12:57   Link #204
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Blackbeard D. Kuma what are the real translations of those 3 mentioned dub lines of frieza then?
Old 2009-04-09, 14:40   Link #205
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
I remember this episode it was the good ol days but I never watch it in japanese before so that's something new for me.

Will they ever show any new footage?
Same for me, though I think I'll also watch the old Japanese soon after, since this is a redubbing of the Japanese audio.

And I think people have said that they might include new footage just as a possibility if the demand is high enough. Though I think Toriyama would have to work quite hard.
Old 2009-04-09, 17:09   Link #206
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil View Post
Blackbeard D. Kuma what are the real translations of those 3 mentioned dub lines of frieza then?
I don't remember the exact translations from the original Japanese version, but I do know that they weren't silly in the least.

I do remember though, that the second dub line I provided, which was "All right, big guy. Whatever turns you on.", wasn't supposed to be said in the first place. Frieza was supposed to be completely silent in response to Goku asking him to go all out. That's another thing I really disliked about the english dub, which was the fact that they always made characters say lines when they were off screen (i.e. Piccolo vs. 17). There were rarely any silent moments in the english dub, and that got on my nerves.
Old 2009-04-10, 00:11   Link #207
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Seen DB Kai, I'm fine with the voice and graphic even though I prefer higher quality like in the OP.

Will watch it every week
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 02:29   Link #208
Kirku

Quote:
That's another thing I really disliked about the english dub, which was the fact that they always made characters say lines when they were off screen (i.e. Piccolo vs. 17). There were rarely any silent moments in the english dub, and that got on my nerves.
I completley agree with you on that part, another annoying one i remember is when Vegeta and Nappa first get to earth and Nappa destroys a city and they mention how it was deserted. Ya cus im sure some random big city would be deserted like that >_>.

I just can never take the english DBZ seriously lol.
Kirku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 02:51   Link #209
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirku View Post
I completley agree with you on that part, another annoying one i remember is when Vegeta and Nappa first get to earth and Nappa destroys a city and they mention how it was deserted. Ya cus im sure some random big city would be deserted like that >_>.

I just can never take the english DBZ seriously lol.

I'm lucky I watched in my own language: Spanish [Mexican Spanish DUD best DBZ DUD ever]
Old 2009-04-10, 13:31   Link #210
Proudleaf

Ah, the memories...

I'm so addicted to the new OP and ED.
Proudleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 14:07   Link #211
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
I do remember though, that the second dub line I provided, which was "All right, big guy. Whatever turns you on.", wasn't supposed to be said in the first place. Frieza was supposed to be completely silent in response to Goku asking him to go all out. That's another thing I really disliked about the english dub, which was the fact that they always made characters say lines when they were off screen (i.e. Piccolo vs. 17). There were rarely any silent moments in the english dub, and that got on my nerves.
I too agree, nothing more to add. You can sense the tension in Japanese voices but English makes them so casual. Although I must admit it's one of the rarest English dubs that I can say that they were alright, unlike some other ones out there...

After watching the new Opening & Ending songs I must say that I'm loving it now
Anyone knows if they will add some new effects/animation in battle scenes?
Old 2009-04-10, 14:22   Link #212
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Anyone knows if they will add some new effects/animation in battle scenes?
Apparently, there are supposed to be new visual effect enhancements made for special attacks in this series (i.e. Ki blasts, Special Beam Cannon, Kamehameha, etc.), but after watching the Bardock flashback in the first episode, I don't know if that is going to be the case since Bardock's ki blast and Frieza's Death Ball looked the exact same thing.
Old 2009-04-10, 16:06   Link #213
Blaat

Well when Picollo attacked Raditz the explosion effect engulfing Raditz was obviously new animation, so that's at least looks somewhat promising maybe they just didn't want to bother with the Bardock flashback.

Anyway Radditz fight starts next week so we will definitely know by then.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 07:04   Link #214
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Anybody here watched ep 2? Any differences in some part (like new battle effect maybe?) or just like ep 1?
Old 2009-04-12, 08:19   Link #215
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios Olympus View Post
Anybody here watched ep 2? Any differences in some part (like new battle effect maybe?) or just like ep 1?
well, i never watched DBZ in its original Japanese language, but Bunma sounds like an old lady in DBZ Kai. I did watch DB in its original Japanese and Young Bunma sounded differently. I can't tell about Guko because the only episodes I watched in Japanese were the one with Young Guko.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 08:58   Link #216
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
well, i never watched DBZ in its original Japanese language, but Bunma sounds like an old lady in DBZ Kai. I did watch DB in its original Japanese and Young Bunma sounded differently. I can't tell about Guko because the only episodes I watched in Japanese were the one with Young Guko.
Hmm, I accustomed with japanese voice even though I didnt watch original DBZ, but I played the game a lot so no prob with me ^^
Old 2009-04-12, 14:05   Link #217
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
All the voices in DBKai are re-recorded, because they don't have separated audio footages from back in DBZ.
Bulma's voice actress was 29 years old when she played her role in DBZ.
Today, with DBKai, her voice is re-recorded at age of 49.

There's your answer.
Old 2009-04-12, 18:51   Link #218
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

I kinda wished they also re-animated the original Dragon Ball. Still, Dragon Ball Kai brings back a lot of childhood memories.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 19:32   Link #219
DidCart

I saw the 2nd episode and I'm enjoying this new OP!

But I noticed one continuity error!

At the scene before the "commercial brake" Goku is lying in the sand and Raditz standing on the water holding Gohan. After the brake, Goku is completely lying on the water and Raditz is far away in the sand! WHAT THE HELL?

And all the time that I saw DBKai I cry becouse it could be a FULL remake (like the OP and the ED) and not only a upscaled image.
DidCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 19:45   Link #220
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep2: