AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 55 30.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 24.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 36 19.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 13.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 6.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.19%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.55%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.73%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-19, 20:22   Link #121
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change of Pace View Post

KOIZUMI: "THIS IS HOW YOU CATCH CICADAS WITH FLAIR."
Koizumi just shows that once again he is FABULOUS.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
Old 2009-06-19, 21:16   Link #122
Eak
One angry cloud.

Everything beyond this episode is new right?

Been away since the first episode so I am a bit behind.
Old 2009-06-19, 21:16   Link #123
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i remember catch cicadas as kid. I don't remember ever eating the cicadas but cicadas larva were good eating.
Old 2009-06-19, 21:21   Link #124
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eak View Post
Everything beyond this episode is new right?

Been away since the first episode so I am a bit behind.
No. We will have 4 old episoes in a row, eventually. The next few, probably 4, will be new, however, then this old ones, and then only new ones.
Old 2009-06-19, 21:30   Link #125
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

I must say, I really enjoyed the background music for several of the scenes in this episode. It was a nice touch, and gave each event a different feel.

Haruhi is even more of a living fireball of energy than I remembered her being.

And poor Kyon, complaining about having too much fun with the SOS-dan during the summer...some of us have full-time work, you know!
Old 2009-06-19, 21:40   Link #126
Jiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Although more Haruhi is good, I don't exactly see the point of this episode.

Does it serve any purpose in the story? Is this like a setup for the Sigh arc??
Well, I can't answer that either way since it would be spoiler territory--but whether this particular case does or doesn't serve a purpose, I don't know why you'd necessarily expect everything to lead up to something else in Haruhi. :P

I mean, I'd say that in the original fourteen episodes they could have cut at least four out of Boredom, the Lone Island Syndrome set, Day of Sagittarius, Mysterique Sign, and Someday in the Rain and nothing serious would be lost in the overall story arc. (Though I do love two of those episodes very much.) Shoot, they could probably cut five if the one remaining was either Boredom, Day of Sagitarrius, or maybe Someday in the Rain, since those helped further develop the Haruhi/Kyon trust relationship which some fans find so pivotal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
I must say, I really enjoyed the background music for several of the scenes in this episode. It was a nice touch, and gave each event a different feel.
Absolutely. It really further established just how important soundtracks and musical direction are to me.
Old 2009-06-19, 22:01   Link #127
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Poor Yuki, having to go through all that abuse in this episode. Look at all that nasty stuff they said about aliens while stargazing!

Also...were Kyon and Imouto seriously playing Tetris? Or probably one of its many puzzle variants...

To be honest, this episode's title surprised me a little. I expected it to be a bit more like...episode 6's of last season (broadcast order). I wonder what the next new episode will be called...
Old 2009-06-19, 22:48   Link #128
Jethro
howtoplay tomoyofighter?

I liked this episode

It's just that I expected to see more! :/

"Souiu fuu ni dekiteiru"
Old 2009-06-19, 23:02   Link #129
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
There is a sub or two (sloppy speed subs). I'd assume the usual turn-around for the bigger groups. I sincerely doubt "no one's working" on it. ....
Hey, don't put down speed subs. I've looked at part of Mazui's, and what I saw seemed pretty good to me.

I'm a big fan of quick subs, even when there are a few errors or infelicities. The "bigger groups" aren't immune from errors, either. And I am so grateful to the groups that can get a sub out the door within 10-24 hours of the broadcast. This is the norm for the first Chinese subs, and I don't see why we can't get English subs at near the same pace -- as we have been doing more and more over the past year or so, thanks to people denigrated as "speed subbers."
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-06-19, 23:11   Link #130
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Oh my, I'm delightfully tickled by the new OP, but echoing Kaoru Chujo's earlier comment I feel it's missing Yamakan's touch a tad.

Mmm. Two-parter. Can't comment more, else I'll be hit by the ban bat, so I'll just say I enjoyed this episode. Haha.
Old 2009-06-19, 23:39   Link #131
OkamiNoKaze

I liked the new episode, gave it a 9, I like that with all the fireworks going on, Yuki was fixated on the worm/snake one. Were the frog suits a kind of reference to the frog suits in the Lucky Star OVA? Like look similar, at least the colors and patterns on the frogs. I wonder if that guy is really Haruhi's uncle or is it "uncle" in a older acquintence sense?
Old 2009-06-19, 23:42   Link #132
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I didn't look at Mazui's so can't comment on theirs. The one I downloaded had some pretty serious errors in timing and translation. There are groups that do a fabulous job at "speedsubs" but anything under 18hrs seems to get pretty problematic as to value.
Old 2009-06-19, 23:46   Link #133
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

imo Mazui's was watchable
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2009-06-19, 23:50   Link #134
OkamiNoKaze

The sub I was a stream by prettydamnawesome, at least I think that's the groups name
Old 2009-06-20, 00:09   Link #135
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
I liked the new episode, gave it a 9, I like that with all the fireworks going on, Yuki was fixated on the worm/snake one. Were the frog suits a kind of reference to the frog suits in the Lucky Star OVA?
I don't have the Ova on hand at the moment so I can't really confirm or deny it, but Lucky Star tends to make Haruhi references, and generally not the other way around. The Frog suit has been around in Haruhi for quite a while - most episodes set chronologically after Endless Eight (Like Someday in the Rain) have it on the clothes rack in the clubhouse.
Old 2009-06-20, 00:11   Link #136
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Urgh. I call this Episode 12, but the ASuki mods are calling it Episode 2. Talk about a numbers mindfuck. >_<

In any case, Episode 12 (2) article is up:

[RIUVA] Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (2009), Episode 12: Endless Eight

Without talking about future spoilers, this episode was a nice one by itself, although certainly not at the heights which we all know SHnY is capable of. 8/10.
Old 2009-06-20, 00:12   Link #137
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Although more Haruhi is good, I don't exactly see the point of this episode.

Does it serve any purpose in the story? Is this like a setup for the Sigh arc??
I don't see it either, but i really loved that episode, in fact, it's already one of my favorites. There's nothing big happening, but life is like this. It's not like there's always something exciting happening. I liked that episode because of this, cause highschool students do get around to do their stuff and even if you are in the SOS dan, you're no exception, you still are human(well, except for Yuki, hehe) and still have to goof around.

Loved. Loved that one. Besides, the fact that Yuki bought a children's mask made it look like this was the birth of the Otaku Yuki in Haruhi chan(at least for me) and that's awesome.

10/10 and i think this is the first 10/10 that i ever gave to anything here in Asuki. Can't wait for the other ones.

Ascaloth, technically, this is the episode 2 of the new season, but in the end it's the episode 12 in a whole.
Old 2009-06-20, 01:00   Link #138
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change of Pace View Post

KOIZUMI: "THIS IS HOW YOU CATCH CICADAS WITH FLAIR."
Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
Koizumi just shows that once again he is FABULOUS.
Insert Hosaka laugh here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
I don't have the Ova on hand at the moment so I can't really confirm or deny it, but Lucky Star tends to make Haruhi references, and generally not the other way around. The Frog suit has been around in Haruhi for quite a while - most episodes set chronologically after Endless Eight (Like Someday in the Rain) have it on the clothes rack in the clubhouse.
And besides, wasn't the frog suits in the LS OVA a nod towards Kerero Gunsou instead?

Old 2009-06-20, 01:05   Link #139
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

As a reader of the novels, all I can say is that I happily await next week's episode.

But I further look foward to Dissapearance being animated.

This week earns a 7/10, as I know next week will be better and I shall reserve a better rating for it.
Old 2009-06-20, 01:11   Link #140
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Insert Hosaka laugh here?

And besides, wasn't the frog suits in the LS OVA a nod towards Kerero Gunsou instead?

Oh, and according to Haruhi-chan, it's a bear suit anyway. xD
Closed Thread