AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 19.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 24.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 32.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.74%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-05, 16:44   Link #101
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Do you think it's funny or cute to say that people deserve to be "beaten severely" for production decisions? Is that some sort of a "saying"? What the hell...

I'm pretty sure that casting decision was obvious and easy, considering who the character closely resembles, and unless I'm mistaken, the character comes straight from the original source. You can say you don't like it without resorting to this sort of inappropriate attack, even if meant in a bizarre sort of jest. I'm still racking my brain trying to figure out why any civilized person would say that sort of thing.
I wish harm on the casting director the same way your average tsundere wishes harm on a main male character in a harem show when she beats on him for no real reason other than that he's there.

Also in-joke casting choices for shows I never saw a single episode of don't really make up for what I find to be annoying voice acting and characterization. Maybe it does prove that I'm inching into territory with a show that's out of my element again though.
Old 2011-11-05, 16:48   Link #102
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
You know, when I saw Kobato and Maria doing those childish antics of nun vs vampire, memories of my childhood came back; when I was 7-8 y/o and roleplayed as Space Sherif Gavan with my siblings. I don't have a problem with the two lolis either and their child-like immaturity came as normal to me, not unbearingly childish, just enough. Perhaps I have grown weary of the too wise for their age archetype.
Old 2011-11-05, 16:49   Link #103
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I wish harm on the casting director the same way your average tsundere wishes harm on a main male character in a harem show when she beats on him for no real reason other than that he's there.

Also in-joke casting choices for shows I never saw a single episode of don't really make up for what I find to be annoying voice acting and characterization. Maybe it does prove that I'm inching into territory with a show that's out of my element again though.
Well, I guess it wouldn't sound as funny as "I wish mild inconvenience on whoever did this, and hope he goes to the bathroom twice as much while having birds poop on his car every time he washes it"

It's nothing worse than anything this cast in this anime would say.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-11-05, 16:50   Link #104
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post

That clusterFbomb of insults Yozora unleashed over Sena in episode 3 is the finest example of this.
Old 2011-11-05, 16:50   Link #105
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Good try at being clever, but you are not a character in a fictional comedy. You are a real person making comments about other real people. You do not have that sort of privilege. Do not make that sort of comment again on this Forum.
Old 2011-11-05, 16:52   Link #106
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Sarcasm is bad, very bad! Remember that folks.
Old 2011-11-05, 16:53   Link #107
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth
Me neither, I guess there are a lot of assumptions about her that identify her with rather annoying characters from other shows, and to tell the truth she really has way too few screentime
I totally agree that she has way too little screentime -- which was my problem with the episode basically. It's even made a little sadder because it parallels her own anxieties with An-chan, that he gives her too little "screentime."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I really don't think it's a wise idea for a self-respecting forum to adopt the Yozora standard. She is, you know, kind of a troll.
Old 2011-11-05, 16:53   Link #108
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Good try at being clever, but you are not a character in a fictional comedy. You are a real person making comments about other real people. You do not have that sort of privilege. Do not make that sort of comment again on this Forum.
Perhaps I will take the hidden third option and just not post in this particular sub-forum anymore since it seems to be a fairly sensitive one. I understand and it's no biggie really.
Old 2011-11-05, 16:54   Link #109
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
That clusterFbomb of insults Yozora unleashed over Sena in episode 3 is the finest example of this.
Walking cum dumpster!

Damn, that outclasses many a rap battle or modern pro wrestling shit talking fest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I really don't think it's a wise idea for a self-respecting forum to adopt the Yozora standard. She is, you know, kind of a troll.
But so am ....

Oops. I get the point. I will not continue this matter.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-11-05, 17:01   Link #110
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post

Picking the clues from the former episodes, I am under the impression that she used to be something like a Bro, but having Kodaka leaving town ten years ago have made her a very very bitter individual.
Old 2011-11-05, 19:32   Link #111
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
Hahaha! The explanation was rather funny wasn't it? I was eating at the time so I choked up for an entirely different reason. "Are you a wizard?" Hahahaha!

Kodaka does have it rough though doesn't he? I'll believe in Kobato winning though. Because the ending was too sweet. "An-chan is my An-chan", if that didn't melt your heart you've got ice in your veins.
Yes, Kobato is very determined to keep her onii-chan to herself
Maria will have to think of something *good* there.
Old 2011-11-05, 20:23   Link #112
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Why so serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Sarcasm is bad, very bad! Remember that folks.
Old 2011-11-05, 22:31   Link #113
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to VC Matsumoto
When Rika's characture was in-game dying and she said,
"This Game is Unbalanced," was that a reference to
Kujibiki Unbalanced from the Genshiken anime?

VC
Old 2011-11-05, 22:33   Link #114
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

One of the most common excuses when one loses a video game is to claim the game was somehow poorly balanced meaning it was unfair to begin with. Sometimes it's actually true, often times it is not.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-11-06, 01:51   Link #115
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to VC Matsumoto
Thanks AW! I thought I missed another reference to the
many made so far in this series to other anime.

VC
Old 2011-11-06, 06:23   Link #116
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't get why people are saying Maria is annoying but then again I liked Index too so maybe it's just me. I like all the characters in this show really.

That Index reference was pretty funny though. I was watching this with a friend and he immediately got it as well.
Old 2011-11-06, 06:33   Link #117
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't get why people are saying Maria is annoying but then again I liked Index too so maybe it's just me. I like all the characters in this show really.

That Index reference was pretty funny though. I was watching this with a friend and he immediately got it as well.
Nay, it's just that the rest of us 'respect' their opinions so we don't say anything But I know how you feel.
Old 2011-11-06, 06:45   Link #118
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Maria's VA is personally not that bad. I can see why it's not liked by everyone, but I think there are worse ones (I remember the waves of tears regarding Atolie's englisch VA of .hack//G.U on the gamefaqs message board ). At this point, it's not hard for most characters to be more likeable than Yozora in my case even though Trap-san didn't do so much where I can say "Yay" or "Nay" immediately. Still, I would keep Kobato as the imouto . Then again I found Maria kinda cute based on her happy reaction that Kodaka did treat her normally and friendly.
Old 2011-11-06, 07:09   Link #119
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
The only remotely thing funny about this episode was the whole Wizard gag. Oh and I suppose Kobato being all dere for her brother was cute
Old 2011-11-06, 07:22   Link #120
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Uhhh, they remove the Maria "secks" part, but reintroduced it in the preview at least to be less noticeable. Better than nothing.
Also they change the hug in the bed with Kobato into something less blatant. Lol.

Apart this still a good anime adaption.
Closed Thread