AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-01-05, 08:53   Link #101
NeoChan
Banned

Mine are

Mashiro No Symphony- because of the unexpected twist that occured at the middle of the series which is quite surprising.

Maji De Watashi Ni Koi Shinasai
- story was quite fast especially on the last episode.
NeoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 11:02   Link #102
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
My greatest disappointment was Penguindrum

Not because it's horrible, it's actually a rather good anime.

However, I really feel that the ending was a terrible waste of an incredible potential. The right ending would have put it right up there with Madoka Magica for best show in 2011. After the ending I think it has to drop down to 5th or 6th at best.

Particularly galling to me was the way

Spoiler for Spoiler for Penguindrum ending:
Spoiler for mp:
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 19:02   Link #103
com_gwp

A thread for ranting? YAY! Because who doesn't like to voice opinions?

Alright, here goes.

Hidan no Aria get my vote for worst anime (I've watched) 2011.

QUALITY everywhere (Quite possibly the worst art and animation this year)
Ridiculous plot that never goes anywhere (Thing is, the premise was pretty damn awesome, but they completely failed to capitalise on that, and then made things worse with friggin' superpowers)
Most cliched cast I've seen this side of Infinite Stratos.
That ending which made me go

I'm actually surprised I finished it though. Guess I can't help watching a trainwreck.

TWGOK is my personal disappointment of 2011.

Honestly, if you you were a fan of the manga like myself, the anime adaptation was a tragic mess. It completely failed to capture the same comedic and whimsical spirit of the manga's initial arcs. The only saving grace was the Chihiro arc where the mellowed, dramatic theme played out nicely, but otherwise a boring and ultimately uninspiring adaptation.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 11:46   Link #104
Chanbara

I felt the most disappointing one I watched was Fractale. It wasn't the worst one I watched, but I was disappointed because I really enjoyed some parts of it, I liked the theme, I liked the setting and art style and I liked the VAs, but it seemed to be lacking some kind of vital essence to make it actually enjoyable. Part of the problem was that it wasn't really long enough, and the ending section felt rushed as a result (I, uh, can't actually remember the ending), but I don't think the problem would have been solved by just making it longer. The most frustrating part was that I really enjoyed some episodes and wanted to like it, but it just wasn't that good.
Chanbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 14:02   Link #105
sweet-d

Naruto is it ever gonna end.
sweet-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 16:18   Link #106
Oblivion

Mine would have to be Kamisama no Memo-chou. Just the whole plot seemed to not flow very well, especially the filler episodes. IMO, the filler episodes were not really needed due to manily being fanservice. The ending was also pretty disappointing as well seeing as it lacked any character developement between the two main characters and din't make much sense.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 21:12   Link #107
ion475
にこにこにー

For me (If I can even recount all of them...)

Nichijou (1st half) - The 2nd half got better, but like many others, KyoAni spoiled us with great works then comes this dud...

Aria & KamiMemo & Index II - J.C. Staff + LN = Fail, 9 out of 10 times (Toradora being the one and only exception).
Aria = Didn't read the original work, but I only barely stand it just b/c of Kugyu...
KamiMemo = To simply put, they screw it up big time, turning a Top 10 LN into a boring series that makes no sense if you only watch the anime.
Index II - Railgun spoiled everyone...

And of course...
Haganai - One of the few times that I anticipate a series, then it's simply disappointing compared to the original work. The comedy is not there, too many times episodes are stalled out for no reason. On the other hand, the best part of the story is not animated...
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 21:15   Link #108
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Eh, I am not sure if Hidan no Aria can be considered disappointing, since there wasn't much reason to have expectations for that anyways.

Although I guess you could claim one expected it to be crappy, and it got worse?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 21:19   Link #109
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
With December now behind us, I can now confirm that No. 6 was my most disappointing anime of 2011. This was a show that I was genuinely enjoying a lot, and thinking pretty highly of, right up until it had what I felt was a pretty bad ending.

Looking back on it, there were "warning signs" of the show trainwrecking sprinkled throughout the last few episodes, but most of them I never really noticed enough while going through.

C was another anime similar to this for me, but it never really got my hopes up quite as much as No. 6 did at times.
Old 2012-01-10, 21:21   Link #110
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well, it was actually a decent show til halfway through. But at this point the characters stopped making sense and became the writers' puppets. This is what happens when you try a bunch of volumes into 11 episodes. Insanely rushed and nonsensical.

Shame on you Bones, Shame on you.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 22:00   Link #111
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

My personal "Disappointing Anime of 2011 Awards" list!

Top Tier (REALLY excited about them prior to their premiere, or started out really good, but screwed up EXTREMELY HORRIBLY either about halfway in or at the end):

[C] (Rushed ending that was stupid and understood by NO ONE)
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi (NO. Just... no. I fucking HATE you, ZECXS.)
Blood-C (Not much explanation needed... Also, the animation was really stiff at times)
Fractale (Stupid ending)
No.6 (EXTRA STUPID and unsatisfying ending)
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko (Just bad, unimpressive, stereotypical, and overall stupid story writing. Not Blood-C stupid, but still stupid. I did laugh at it SOME of the time before I dropped it, so I guess that counts for something...)
Kamisama no Memochou (Flat-out BORING and unimpressive, imo)

I COULD mention Hidan no Aria here, but like Archon_Wing said, who expected it to be good? The same applies to Dog Days, Horizon, Maken-ni, and whole lot of other anime that were just genuinely bad and/or stupid from first conception to their final episodes.

Mid Tier (Average displeasure):

Yumekui Merry (Odd animation at times that came off as choppy, stupid ending point, and failure to adapt the rest of the ongoing manga -- which is where the story gets better and the battles are cooler.)

Lower Tier (Pretty good, aside from one or two things that really took away from either the ending or the series as a whole):

Dantalian no Shoka (Pacing issues and lack of focus)
Deadman Wonderland (Great adaption, but too short, resulting in an awkward ending.)
UN-GO (Not as exciting as I was hoping it was going to be. Also disappointed that Inga's backstory/purpose wasn't more interesting and less cliched.)
Old 2012-01-11, 14:41   Link #112
kitten320

Will add Yumekui Merry and Index 2 to my list.

I liked the dream idea in Merry series but I think it was handled wrongly and ending was way too cliched.

Index went totally downhill for me... I really liked season one but this... Touma whom I didn't mind at first and actually liked became one of my most hated characters, he is a new Marry Sue but without dress. Seeing him punching out every bad guy was just lame... where are everyone else?! Are there no worthy magicians among proffesionals or any strong power users? And why every bad guys ends up being an idiot? So many bad cliches!

the only arc I liked there was a short Kuroko arc. For one I like Kuroko and I liked the villain. and it was probably the only arc where Touma didn't get to punch anyone.

Deadman Wonderland started really great but then Ganta got stuck on stage one called sucker and I could care less about him towards the end. He ruined everything.

Expected more from Kamisama Dolls too but eventually it also became meh... most of the characters were just plain and I hate when everyone get obsessed with main hero.