Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-02, 16:47   Link #41
scorpio516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Has anyone of you why Hisagi chara is making so many appearances in SCG . IMHO that chara has rabid fangirlism in Japan . So Hisagi == Ratings and what basis I am saying that , well Hisagi has the most no. of Japanese Fanart Sites .
I thought he just moved up to #2 in the popularity poll.
Old 2006-12-02, 17:09   Link #42
Lendial

whos number one?
Old 2006-12-02, 17:38   Link #43
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by roffleatyou View Post
Alright, calling it "the real storyline" was probably not the best way to put it. I really do enjoy Bleach, even the fillers as a whole, but more what I mean is the storyline where earth shattering things are possible. I don't mean to rag on the fillers, without them we would months (YEARS?) without Bleach episodes, but in the end you know that nothing truly mind boggling that changes the whole way you look at the show is probably going to happen. The writers just don't have that authority over the series to reveal that important of information. In some shows that might happen, but it seems unlikely in Bleach. So far they have kept relatively close to the manga.
It depends. Here's a hypothetical situation: Let's call the arc before the filler "Manga Arc 1" and the one after "Manga Arc 2". Say a major character is alive in Manga Arc 1 but mysteriously dead in Manga Arc 2, but the manga never explains why or shows it happening. The filler could show those events(killing of the major character) without interrupting or changing the "main" storyline in Manga Arc 2. I'd say that technically would be considered important information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roffleatyou View Post
For example, if Orihime suddenly fought back very strongly and stood up for herself in the filler, my personal response would be that she was acting very out of character. If I knew it was from what direct Kubo wanted to take her, I would consider it as Orihime growing as a character. Maybe that's not a perfect example, but that's gist of what I am trying to get at.
So it's not that the fillers are bad, but you know that you are never going to see anything that you really haven't seen before. That's more what I meant when I said the "real storyline," though I will admit that was poorly phrased.

What do you guys think?
I think we haven't seen the Bound thing before
Old 2006-12-03, 03:21   Link #44
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
It depends. Here's a hypothetical situation: Let's call the arc before the filler "Manga Arc 1" and the one after "Manga Arc 2". Say a major character is alive in Manga Arc 1 but mysteriously dead in Manga Arc 2, but the manga never explains why or shows it happening. The filler could show those events(killing of the major character) without interrupting or changing the "main" storyline in Manga Arc 2. I'd say that technically would be considered important information.
usually, thats the kind of thing i would expect from a movie, rather than filler.

a good example would be Gear Second in OP
Old 2006-12-03, 03:37   Link #45
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

but i believe the filler arc does not ask kubo tite for a better inner storyline. As it goes currently, we have not seen any more character development than before, maybe except ichigo, who gained his bankai, although its loss was really from the filler anyway. Put it simply, this filler arc has not managed to cover ANY plotholes from the manga.

Anyway, filler stuff isnt stuff that youve never seen before. Filler stuff is stuff that you do not need to see and you wont lose out on canon storyline. You probably have never seen it, but you will never see it again, anyway.
Old 2006-12-03, 04:20   Link #46
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Ugh, I'm sick of these stupid debates...

My response is here for your post Sceptile. This is getting ridiculous how stereotypical you people think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
usually, thats the kind of thing i would expect from a movie, rather than filler.

a good example would be Gear Second in OP
It's still possible. Filler is simply a set of events that happen in-between manga arcs. Come to think of it, they're kinda like long movies...

ON TOPC: I did find Hitsu's Bankai to be more impressive than ep61... maybe it froze Koga's body?(unlikely, I know, but still possible)

Last edited by Thewanderer; 2006-12-03 at 04:41. Reason: Edited Mr T's name in lol
Old 2006-12-03, 04:53   Link #47
S_C_L-1

Quote:
It's still possible. Filler is simply a set of events that happen in-between manga arcs. Come to think of it, they're kinda like long movies...
in a sense, yeah.

Quote:
ON TOPC: I did find Hitsu's Bankai to be more impressive than ep61... maybe it froze Koga's body?(unlikely, I know, but still possible)
we saw his bankai for all of what? 2 seconds? It was more of a c*ck tease than anything else.
Old 2006-12-03, 04:58   Link #48
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
we saw his bankai for all of what? 2 seconds? It was more of a c*ck tease than anything else.
True. But it's sad that he went from impossible-to-beat Aizen to a relative pushover like Koga.

I like his style tho. With the freezing of an entire district unnecissarily and all
Old 2006-12-03, 05:23   Link #49
S_C_L-1

Quote:
True. But it's sad that he went from impossible-to-beat Aizen to a relative pushover like Koga.

I like his style tho. With the freezing of an entire district unnecissarily and all
makes for an interesting terrain tho... as we saw Koga jumping from 1 piller to the other.
Old 2006-12-03, 08:11   Link #50
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
I thought he just moved up to #2 in the popularity poll.
Yep he is no 2 . But anime related only Hisagi is still no 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
whos number one?
But the overall or real No 1 is a spoiler xP
Old 2006-12-03, 09:48   Link #51
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

We hear the same story of the Bount, but this time from Ran'Taos' explanation.

Spoiler:

I cannot help myself to feel restless that the writers are stretching the pace for this Bount arc, since next episode looks to be another memory flashback one but told now from Kariya's point of view.

I do not think the Bount arc will finish up any sooner before the Bleach Movie hits theaters in Japan in less than two weeks.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-03, 13:57   Link #52
scorpio516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
The more we see of them it looks like instead of Aizen being evil, it was just them getting comeuppance
Closed Thread