AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-03, 22:16   Link #1
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Koutetsu Sangokushi

I have checked a few times on the forum on whether there is an existence of a thread on this, but found none. This seems to be an adaptation of the classic "Romance of the three kingdoms" but due to my lack of ability in the Japanese language, I am unable to give a review on it as yet.

The production company that picks this up disturbs me quite a bit though, since none of its production has been anywhere top notch in the anime field. I am really hoping a bit more out of them.

Production company: NAS (NGE, Dragon Drive, POT, Shaman King)

More information needed, someone translate them for me?
Old 2007-03-03, 22:38   Link #2
monir
cho~ kakkoii

More information in the following:

Cast:---
Mamoru Miyano as Hakugen Rikuson
Akira Ishida as Shimei Ryomou
Junichi Suwabe as Kouha Kannei
Kentarou Itou as Shigi Taishiji
Kouji Yusa as Shiyu Shoukatsukin
Mitsuki Saiga as Kouseki Ryoutou
Takehito Koyasu as Koumei Shoukatsuryou
Hitomi Nabatame as Chuubou Sonken
Kazuhiko Inoue as Kouketsu Ryousou
Rina Satou as Gentoku Ryuubi
Shinichiro Miki as Koukin Shuuyu
Yasunori Matsumoto as Hakufu Sonsaku
Staff:---
Chief Director: Tetsuya Endo
Series Composition: Natsuko Takahashi
Music: Yuji Toriyama
Animation Production: Picture Magic

After looking at the list of network channel that are going to broadcast this show in April, I think it's safe to say this is another of those shounen series that don't seem to go any where even after a modest 50+ episodes. Good find Impz!
Old 2007-03-03, 23:21   Link #3
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
More information in the following:

Cast:---
Mamoru Miyano as Hakugen Rikuson
Akira Ishida as Shimei Ryomou
Junichi Suwabe as Kouha Kannei
Kentarou Itou as Shigi Taishiji
Kouji Yusa as Shiyu Shoukatsukin
Mitsuki Saiga as Kouseki Ryoutou
Takehito Koyasu as Koumei Shoukatsuryou
Hitomi Nabatame as Chuubou Sonken
Kazuhiko Inoue as Kouketsu Ryousou
Rina Satou as Gentoku Ryuubi
Shinichiro Miki as Koukin Shuuyu
Yasunori Matsumoto as Hakufu Sonsaku
Staff:---
Chief Director: Tetsuya Endo
Series Composition: Natsuko Takahashi
Music: Yuji Toriyama
Animation Production: Picture Magic

After looking at the list of network channel that are going to broadcast this show in April, I think it's safe to say this is another of those shounen series that don't seem to go any where even after a modest 50+ episodes. Good find Impz!
LOL! Ok, if that's the case, it will be highly unlikely for me to try it out. Still, Monir, any chance of you or anyone out there to summarize the story plot in Japanese to a nice palatable English?

*hint hint*
Old 2007-03-04, 11:33   Link #4
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Lol impz, you have to - it's ROTK!

I was kind of hoping it'd be a slightly more 'mature' shonen action show, ala Fullmetal Alchemist. This'll probably end up being a guilty pleasure for me since it's ROTK . Plus, the source material might be interesting since it was a manga beforehand.
Old 2007-03-13, 16:51   Link #5
Honey_and_Cleaver

Whose the hero? Hakugan or Shimei?
Old 2007-04-06, 07:07   Link #6
Scribble
Sloth

Did anyone see the first episode?

I read praise for it on http://psgels.blogsome.com , which was pretty surprising. I guess the anime won't be popular, but someone else must have seen the first episode.
Old 2007-04-06, 18:08   Link #7
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

I can't really gather up my thoughts on this one. The animation and art was good, but I was really disappointed with the battle scenes. And the story I thought was good too, until it displayed the male leads super gayness (not literally, just he was such a wuss to the point of him seeming like a girl).
Old 2007-04-06, 18:17   Link #8
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

I just watched the first 10 minutes of it and had to turn it off. The art is okay, but everybody looks insane, but the animation is a sin... the vocals aren't even synced. The music itself is decent enough, though pretty generic... that's about as much praise as I can give it.

The animation though... seriously... straight out of 1975. Character stills moving between other stills as little slash effects go past... 2 frames for people talking... bad cg objects randomly floating over completely still shots, the works. And even if you get past that, you run right into the maw of bishie Zhuge Liang (I'm pretty sure Rikuson/Lu Xun calls him Koumei, but honestly, I was already reaching for the delete button) and his apparent romance with Lu Xun of all people.

Spoiler for hot hot Lu Xun x Zhuge Liang.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-06, 23:36   Link #9
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Method View Post
I can't really gather up my thoughts on this one. The animation and art was good, but I was really disappointed with the battle scenes. And the story I thought was good too, until it displayed the male leads super gayness (not literally, just he was such a wuss to the point of him seeming like a girl).
LOL. I thought the same too XDD
and it urged me to poke a little fun at this, in a blog post of mine --> http://miocolore.wordpress.com/2007/...ushi-episode-1

XDDD

Last edited by usagijen; 2007-04-06 at 23:56.
Old 2007-04-06, 23:54   Link #10
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
LOL. I thought the same too XDD
and it urged me to poke a little fun at this, in a blog post of mine --> http://miocolore.wordpress.com/2007/...ushi-episode-1

XDDD
lol... I bet he did mean he was going to make his move on Hakugen. Or at least I wouldn't be surprised.

Who knows maybe the story will be about Hakugen's journey to becoming a man with the help from the girl that seems to have an important role. That would be quite interesting, him maybe spending one night with her and the next day coming out as a totally new and tough guy.
Old 2007-04-07, 01:52   Link #11
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Well, now I know what the writer from Gakuen Heaven and the character designer from Corda D'Oro were doing here. But since I find I can appreciate some BL, I actually enjoyed it. Anyway, the whole thing was worth it to hear two outstanding seiyuu there on the mountain together: Takehito Koyasu and Miyano Mamoru.

The animation was fairly primitive, but the snappy character design made up for that. I just hate the fake Chinoiserie of those excessively upturned eaves, but the low-class luxury in other details was nice. Of course, this owes even less to Three Kingdoms than RomeoxJuliet does to Romeo and Juliet. For some reason, I kept thinking of Angelique. But the show still exercises a poisonous fascination that may bring me back next week.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-04-08, 18:35   Link #12
andromeda0201

I didn't like the animation design, however the opening and ending themes were good, main reason for me to keep watching for the next few episodes, and of course all the seiyuus involved
Old 2007-04-08, 20:33   Link #13
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
What is a Seyiuu?

And, is this show BL? I'm not even sure if the person to left on the picture in the Website is a woman or a man.
I'm attracted to this show because of the beautiful characterdesign. I look forward for it subbed.
Old 2007-04-09, 07:15   Link #14
Samsara

here comes another attempt to buther characters from The Romance of The Three Kingdoms... but at least I'm glad that this time, unlike Dragon Destiny, the characters are (mostly ?) male, not female. the only one I can't quite decide is Chuubou Sonken. The character design looks ultra feminine and the seiyuu is female as well but chances are he's probably a guy, too.

The cast is the only reason I actually bothered to watch this anime. Throw Ishida Akira, Miki Shinichiro, Suwabe Junichi, Koyasu Takehito, Okiayu Ryotaro into the same anime, and you've got my attention no matter how worthless other apects of the show are. I just can't help but think this is an anime made to feed the fantasies of all those seiyuu fangirls out there and Saint Beast is another such show from this season.

Even though I was fully prepared for a highly slashable show even months before Koutetsu Sangokushi aired, for some reason I still couldn't help but laugh every time Rikuson and Koumei talked and stared into each other's eyes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
Spoiler for hot hot Lu Xun x Zhuge Liang.
Spoiler:
uh... don't mean to be picky here but no matter how I look at it, the pairing is more like Koumei x Rikuson... it's sort of a "convention" if you will to write the pairings as seme x uke. And Miyano Mamoru's Rikuson just doesn't look or sound like seme material to me, not opposite somebody of Koyasu Takehito's caliber anyway. Not sure if Koyasu has ever been played uke but if that were to happen, probably only Miki Shinichiro and Suwabe Junichi out of the cast of this anime could stand a chance as seme...

ok, ok, I know all those bl drama CDs have poisoined my mind ^^; but here's what Koyasu Takehito wrote in his Apr 7 blog entry (http://koyap.jugem.jp/):

Quote:
...「鋼鉄三国志」(Koutetsu Sangokushi)も無事に始まりましたね。なんか気のせいか、BLの香りがはんなりと…。まあ、それもいっか。...
so if even he felt that this one smells of BL, can't blame me for thinking all these things... ^^

The only positive thing I could say so far about this anime is that I enjoyed the ED song by Miyano very much. Not many male seiyuu could sing well so I was a little surprised by his performance. It was certainly better than Hoshi Souichiro who's singing both the OP and ED for Shining Tears x Wind.
Old 2007-04-09, 20:37   Link #15
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
here comes another attempt to buther characters from The Romance of The Three Kingdoms... but at least I'm glad that this time, unlike Dragon Destiny, the characters are (mostly ?) male, not female. the only one I can't quite decide is Chuubou Sonken. The character design looks ultra feminine and the seiyuu is female as well but chances are he's probably a guy, too.

The cast is the only reason I actually bothered to watch this anime. Throw Ishida Akira, Miki Shinichiro, Suwabe Junichi, Koyasu Takehito, Okiayu Ryotaro into the same anime, and you've got my attention no matter how worthless other apects of the show are. I just can't help but think this is an anime made to feed the fantasies of all those seiyuu fangirls out there and Saint Beast is another such show from this season.

Even though I was fully prepared for a highly slashable show even months before Koutetsu Sangokushi aired, for some reason I still couldn't help but laugh every time Rikuson and Koumei talked and stared into each other's eyes...

uh... don't mean to be picky here but no matter how I look at it, the pairing is more like Koumei x Rikuson... it's sort of a "convention" if you will to write the pairings as seme x uke. And Miyano Mamoru's Rikuson just doesn't look or sound like seme material to me, not opposite somebody of Koyasu Takehito's caliber anyway. Not sure if Koyasu has ever been played uke but if that were to happen, probably only Miki Shinichiro and Suwabe Junichi out of the cast of this anime could stand a chance as seme...

ok, ok, I know all those bl drama CDs have poisoined my mind ^^; but here's what Koyasu Takehito wrote in his Apr 7 blog entry (http://koyap.jugem.jp/):

so if even he felt that this one smells of BL, can't blame me for thinking all these things... ^^

The only positive thing I could say so far about this anime is that I enjoyed the ED song by Miyano very much. Not many male seiyuu could sing well so I was a little surprised by his performance. It was certainly better than Hoshi Souichiro who's singing both the OP and ED for Shining Tears x Wind.
with the awesome cast list they have, and the somewhat BL-ish scenes they put (with Koumei x Rikuson / Hakugen 's pairing), I'm pretty sure they were trying to target BL fans for this as well o__o Just imagine the bucks they'll generate by selling all these Drama CD's that they'll be producing... "marketing strategy" hehe XD

I agree about enjoying the anime's ED song (compared to Hoshi Souichiro's singing *shields herself from Hoshi Souichiro fans* ^^''' ).

But I'm still pretty much hopeful for Koutetsu Sangokushi, despite the butchering / insult (?) I've made in response to my first impression of it...
Old 2007-04-09, 21:17   Link #16
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

hah, ok, well, I do have a bit of a short review and summary for it in my blog....

Here is it.

Anyone who wants to see if it's good can take a look there for the first episode ^_^
Old 2007-04-09, 21:57   Link #17
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impz View Post
hah, ok, well, I do have a bit of a short review and summary for it in my blog....

Here is it.

Anyone who wants to see if it's good can take a look there for the first episode ^_^
yeah, read your review of it, Impz, and I agree that it does look promising. Seeing as you mentioned about LuXun and Zhuge Liang in ROTK made me curious and asked my brother about these two (since he is an ROTK fan ^^''' ). He was surprised when I mentioned that those two BL-ish characters is LuXun and Zhuge Liang respectively. (Rather ruprised by how LuXun was the lead in this anime, when he didn't seem to have much role in ROTK... and also surprised by how Zhuge Liang ended up being LuXun's master (and evil)... when he was supposed to be an adviser of Liu Bei in ROTK)
Old 2007-04-10, 07:08   Link #18
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
yeah, read your review of it, Impz, and I agree that it does look promising. Seeing as you mentioned about LuXun and Zhuge Liang in ROTK made me curious and asked my brother about these two (since he is an ROTK fan ^^''' ). He was surprised when I mentioned that those two BL-ish characters is LuXun and Zhuge Liang respectively. (Rather ruprised by how LuXun was the lead in this anime, when he didn't seem to have much role in ROTK... and also surprised by how Zhuge Liang ended up being LuXun's master (and evil)... when he was supposed to be an adviser of Liu Bei in ROTK)
Hah, I am also a rather huge ROTK fan and it's amazing how Zhuge Liang is an evil character but I enjoyed it because i am no fan of the Shu faction. Please make them the villain group and all that jazz.

If they are already butchering the ROTK, might as well butcher it good.

Hah.
Old 2007-04-10, 16:37   Link #19
Scribble
Sloth

Lol at Zhuge Liang being an evil character. In the novel translation I read, he kind of came across as arrogant and rude - as opposed to more "down to earth" advisers like Jia Xiu.
Old 2007-04-10, 21:54   Link #20
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friera View Post
What is a Seiyuu?...
Seiyuu 声優 is the Japanese word for "voice actor." I like to use that word, but maybe I should use "voice actor" or "VA." In Japanese, they sometimes don't even use their own word, but use the letters "CV" (from the English "character voice").

Anyway, there are a lot of good ones in this show. I thought Miyano Mamoru did a great job with the song, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Closed Thread