AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-01-19, 04:27   Link #4061
Revan21

Another IS Char, from Alphamax, this time in her swimsuit

I like the swimsuit much better than Alter's soo-not-sexy jersey, but the face on this one is so average, it could be anyone's

figma Irisviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
New Revoltech Woody.
More Safe For Work Face. lol
That's just FAIL!!!
The Face was the only thing that made him worth buying
Old 2012-01-19, 04:56   Link #4062
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
I like the swimsuit much better than Alter's soo-not-sexy jersey, but the face on this one is so average, it could be anyone's
Agreed. So not feeling Char's cute side there.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 05:12   Link #4063
HasuMasu
*Artist

No Char face? This is not Char!

Looking forward to her turn on the Armored Girls project though.
Old 2012-01-20, 08:13   Link #4064
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
No Char face? This is not Char!
Ah well at least Alter's Jersey Char has the "Ichika no echhi" face!

Old 2012-01-20, 08:24   Link #4065
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I ordered this today:

My pre-order list is now sitting at 124030Y, or $1524.30 AUD at current exchange rates... and that's pre-shipping.

Still, that's Jan-Jun orders, so only $1500 for the first half of the year (well will surely be a couple more I get over the next few months) is pretty good. I spent $6500 on figures last year, and I was aiming to cut back, so I've succeeded... somewhat.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 14:05   Link #4066
Revan21

The new Snow Miku Nendoroid will come with an ice stage as a base that includes working LED lights!

Must Have!!!
Old 2012-01-21, 00:58   Link #4067
ImperialPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
The new Snow Miku Nendoroid will come with an ice stage as a base that includes working LED lights!

Must Have!!!
Without a doubt.

I wonder if they're making these things more complicated to make them harder to bootleg, the crystal nendo petit and lighted stage. There's a lot of detail on the figure too.
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 00:23   Link #4068
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

http://twitpic.com/8akwyp

http://twitpic.com/8akxl0
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 05:16   Link #4069
HasuMasu
*Artist

Black wings? Damn...
Old 2012-01-24, 05:47   Link #4070
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialPanda View Post
Without a doubt.

I wonder if they're making these things more complicated to make them harder to bootleg, the crystal nendo petit and lighted stage. There's a lot of detail on the figure too.
It seems people making bootlegs are being a bit "slower" for things with special stuff (such like Snow Miku 2011 and Miku Support ver), but as soon there is way too many little things that are hard to reproduct, they skip it altogether (even now, there is no GSC Hitagi 1/8 bootleg for now).

Urgh, I wish I wasn't living that far from Japan, considering how packages seem to be in a much worse shape depending of the distance. Fragile mentions? They don't exactly know the definition of it, I believe...

Could be worse I guess, but honestly, considering the content, I was really having cold sweats when I was at the post office to fetch my package.

If only GSC could stop making such kind of exclusive, my wallet would be much more healthy right now OTZ
Old 2012-01-24, 07:14   Link #4071
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I've had minor dings and gashes in boxes but fortunately they were always ones with a bunch of padding stuffs inside so the actual figure boxes were unharmed. I have, however, received a handful of boxes with no padding at all, just a figure box or two squeezed in to a shipping box; similar transit damage would definitely harm the boxes inside.
Old 2012-01-24, 07:28   Link #4072
Qikz

God damnit. I have so many figures pre-ordered but that Snow Miku is just far. far. faaaar too cute to ignore. T_T
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 07:30   Link #4073
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
I've had minor dings and gashes in boxes but fortunately they were always ones with a bunch of padding stuffs inside so the actual figure boxes were unharmed. I have, however, received a handful of boxes with no padding at all, just a figure box or two squeezed in to a shipping box; similar transit damage would definitely harm the boxes inside.
My contact was mindful enough to put bubble padding, which actually saved the figure box. Surprisingly, even with that extensive damage on the delivery package, the box itself has just light wear on the top.

I was more or less afraid the fig itself would be crushed, considering how it looked messy
Old 2012-01-24, 07:36   Link #4074
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

If there's no damage to the figure box itself, the figure should generally be okay. I've only ever received one figure with transit damage; Orchid Seed's L2 Dwarf. One of her twintails was snapped off and sitting in the bottom of the box when she arrived, despite no box damage at all. Fortunately it was a trivial and seamless fix to just use some PVC modelling glue to re-attach it -- The snap was at a joint where re-gluing it makes it rather invisible unless under very close scrutiny, and even then it could easily be put down to a manufacturing flaw.

I lucked out on that, really. I've seen far worse. For how much I've spent and how many figures I have, only one damage incident is blissful, really. One issue with customs as well, so not a bad track record at all, if I do say so myself.

Having said that I'll probably have some tragic crushing damage soon. ;.; This month's order has already shipped out, but I have a couple next month, and March is a big one. I really hope nothing happens to that -.-
Old 2012-01-24, 07:45   Link #4075
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

I've just brought the remaining Kotobukiya Muv-Luv TSF's that had already been released that I did not own.

Namely the yellow Takemikazuchi Type-00F, the Demonstrator Shiranui Type-94 and the Nigata Tarisa Manandal Custom Type-94.

Already have the Isumi's Valkyries and Avant Garde Type-94s on order.

Damn it, Kotobukiya, bring out a F-22A Raptor TSF kit!!

Old 2012-01-24, 08:54   Link #4076
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Black wings? Damn...
I'm more impressed about how GSC market this release of Homura. They give you the uniform version and throw in parts that is only compatiable with the Magical Girl version. They are literally tempting people who had bought the previous release to get this for the sake of completion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
God damnit. I have so many figures pre-ordered but that Snow Miku is just far. far. faaaar too cute to ignore. T_T
Look on the bright side, Snow Miku 2012 is an event exlcusive. Even if money isn't an issue, you need to find a trustworthy source.
Old 2012-01-24, 08:59   Link #4077
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
I'm more impressed about how GSC market this release of Homura. They give you the uniform version and throw in parts that is only compatiable with the Magical Girl version. They are literally tempting people who had bought the previous release to get this for the sake of completion.
Not the first time: they did the same thing with Yui/Tsumugi live stage version and Kurisu white coat ver.
Quote:
look on the bright side, Snow Miku 2012 is an event exlcusive. Even if money isn't an issue, you need to find a trustworthy source.
That's pretty simple for Snow Miku (and Homura V2): GSC official website.
Old 2012-01-24, 09:01   Link #4078
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's pretty simple for Snow Miku (and Homura V2): GSC official website.
That will take forever for them to reach their destination, going by previous experience.
Old 2012-01-24, 09:03   Link #4079
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Look on the bright side, Snow Miku 2012 is an event exlcusive. Even if money isn't an issue, you need to find a trustworthy source.
Eh? She's available on GSC's shop; http://goodsmile-wf-global.ecq.sc/nendroid.html

Though proxies like BiJ and Ota will probably offer her, their price+shipping will certainly be higher than GSC.

I am tempted by her, but I am trying to avoid more nendos. I can't even sell the ones I have, and they are evil little things that end up consuming money with their cheap attractive prices that make you buy more than you should.
Old 2012-01-24, 09:03   Link #4080
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I also was in that Miku support fiasco, but the recent orders are completely fine.
Hell, even some people got their Kagamine cheerful nendo before the supposed delivery date for people outside of Japan.

Most contact I have indeed got proper EMS and got it within 1-2 weeks.