AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-12, 14:52   Link #81
Seiryuu

We don't ask where the raws came from here. And we don't tell. The raws were placed on computers by all the magical girls, wizards, ESPers, heroes, villains, catgirls and foxgirls who've got nothing better to do since their series ended.
I think people are getting just a little nuts over Aya/Kaoru's voice. And her defenders are starting to put down VAs who're no worse, imho. Kaoru's voice is over-the-top and flamboyant because she's the kind of girl that will crush any human that annoys her and, when offended, angered, saddened, or just plain bored, will ease her frustrations by vaporizing everything more than 100ft above the city. The other girls' are quieter and calmer because they are more calm and collected, or at least not as completely crazy.
Also, I can't stand how so many times people pass judgment on an entire series based on a single ep. It may be that this'll turn into a pure comic-relief flick, or a sentai wannabe(please no...) or something else, but it may turn out that they're just adjusting some elements for various reasons and they're going to keep the main story the same. Nine or more volumes of manga can be hard to transport entirely to anime, so if they want to speed things up they have to change some things. And anyway, they've got to set up the background and characters pretty well before they can explain the deeper conflicts and challenges. They made it clear that something is going on a little deeper than random bad guys appearing, so we'll have to wait and see how they handle things from here on out.
BTW, I'm with Kenta that, even though I've never watched American PPG, or Japanese past ep3, it is truly a blessing that they'd never thought of giving any of their villains that sort of weapon.

Also, having read some of the manga, I sort of wonder whether they'll put certain things in, such as the fact that...
Spoiler:
At least the fellow at the end, who seems to be set for a very important role, is a major character, albeit one that doesn't show up so early.

Last edited by Seiryuu; 2008-04-12 at 19:52.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 22:19   Link #82
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Just watched ep2. I didn't understand it, but...

Spoiler for ep2:
Old 2008-04-12, 22:51   Link #83
d-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Spoiler:
That one is the prototype of zettai karen children that out before zettai karen children starts. It's not canon. The mangaka tell it on vol.1 of the manga before that story starts to tell the reader to not get confused

Spoiler:
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 02:09   Link #84
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
Just watched ep2. I didn't understand it, but...

Spoiler for ep2:
I thought it was pretty cool.
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 05:20   Link #85
Seiryuu

Just watched 2. Pretty good and kind of holds to the general story, though it does compact it. For instance,
Spoiler:
Basically, it seems that the early parts of the manga are being squeezed down and cleaned up. Over all, though, it still seems close enough to the manga.
BTW, sometimes if you pause at just the right spot you can find some odd little bugs. I paused at about 12:37, and it looked like in one frame the animators didn't finish drawing Kaoru's skirt, so there's a sort of hole on one side. Strange.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 09:49   Link #86
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 2
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 12:20   Link #87
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 02:49   Link #88
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Just started looking through this, and it's interesting. Funny thing is I sometimes think the lack of "white" is more servicey than it'd be if it did show on occasions. This is one of those cases. I mean, you've got huge winds, girls falling from high places, and even one 10-yr-old girl whose resting position seems to frequently put her legs at about a 120-degree angle. In any one of these cases, the fact that the skirt always covers the intended area would seem strange, or in some cases simply illogical. In some cases the falls, winds and spreads are really completely irrelevant, so it seems like they're intentionally producing that sort of suggestion. A perfect skirt is understandable if it's not too common or not too obvious, but here that is certainly not the case.
Not to mention that one of the main characters is a ten-year-old yuri pervert who can't stop talking about boobs and butts.
As for loli, I'd say this fits the bill. We're not dealing with 16-year-olds or 14-year-olds, but with 10-year-olds. And their youth is emphasized frequently by their height. Sure, they're not Chocosis loli or KnJ loli, but they still fit, maybe somewhere in the very general region of Nanoha's version, the superloli(I've used this term in other ways but this way fits). Fanservice or no, one of the most notable things about this type is raw destructive power, the sort of power that could take out a small planet without a drop of sweat. At first glance I thought the Chief was babying the girls because they were cute, until I looked again at the city. If you just saw a little girl level half a city simply going a little over-the-top, you'd certainly be desperate to make sure she never REALLY gets mad.
Super Lolis rock. Best thing next to Super Robots! Closest thing to... If I just saw a little girl level an entire city I would probably wonder why my fantasies were coming true....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 08:26   Link #89
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
As for loli, I'd say this fits the bill. We're not dealing with 16-year-olds or 14-year-olds, but with 10-year-olds.
Well, that's exactly my problem that people use "loli" as synonymous for "young girl".

Quote:
Sure, they're not Chocosis loli or KnJ loli, but they still fit, maybe somewhere in the very general region of Nanoha's version, the superloli(I've used this term in other ways but this way fits). Fanservice or no, one of the most notable things about this type is raw destructive power, the sort of power that could take out a small planet without a drop of sweat.
I've never read it so can you tell me on which page of Nabokov's book the earth is destroyed? Or at least a city? Or are you saying that people are getting off of on children causing mass destruction?

The problem is there is a world out there where words alreaedy have meanings. Where, when you meet an old friend you haven't seen for years and who now has a child, you don't ask "Is it a boy or a loli?" Where, when people hear "lolita" they think "borderline CP" at worst and certainly not "destruction of a city caused by a minor in slapstick comedy".
Old 2008-04-14, 08:53   Link #90
Mef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Well, that's exactly my problem that people use "loli" as synonymous for "young girl".
loli=little girl (shouta=little boy)
lolita=lolita

different things.
Mef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 08:56   Link #91
ReddyRedWolf

I'm beginning to realize that Hirano Aya's over the topness could be based on Yumiko Kobayashi's Poemi.

Kaoru's voice may be a mixture of Haruhi and Konata but when you combine this it reminds me of Poemi.

Poemi is another destructive Mahou Shoujo. ( The title of Ma Ho Shoujo or demon cannon girl belongs to Nanoha though)

Though Yumiko Kobayashi is more casted on tomboy girls, like Sara (Love Hina) and Mamoru (Sister Princess), Ogata (Shakugan no Shana) and Poemi (Puni Puni Poemi).
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 09:26   Link #92
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef View Post
loli=little girl
Not where I live. Nor in Japan.
Old 2008-04-14, 10:03   Link #93
Mef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Not where I live. Nor in Japan.
it's used this way most of the time though...
Old 2008-04-14, 10:05   Link #94
d-one

I never see a 10-year old girl as a loli 'cause for me she is a kid

for me it's loli if shi already a teenager but still have a small body
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 10:47   Link #95
Mef

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-one View Post
I never see a 10-year old girl as a loli 'cause for me she is a kid

for me it's loli if shi already a teenager but still have a small body

if a loli is a teenager (which would be "lolita") , then I wonder why the term lolicon clearly stands for the love for little girls and NOT lolitas!
Old 2008-04-14, 11:43   Link #96
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for ep2:
Old 2008-04-14, 12:02   Link #97
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Loli is only a term I use with anime. In real life the term is girl. It's just slang and compared to some of the slang out there I think it's quite harmless.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 12:35   Link #98
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Loli is made of ink and paper.
Little girl is made of flesh and blood.
Dear, how many times I have to quote this one?

Age doesn't matter. It's the body. Get over with this debate, guys.
Old 2008-04-14, 17:40   Link #99
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Dear, how many times I have to quote this one?

Age doesn't matter. It's the body. Get over with this debate, guys.
It does, depending on who uses it, and what word is used.

Lolita is young girl (usually below the age of consent) who has a developed body.

Loli is a girl (of any age) with an undeveloped body.

Back on topic: The anime got me searching for the manga.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 12:08   Link #100
Eej
wat
*Fansubber

It doesn't look like ep 3 will be following the manga.
Eej is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
babel, comedy, esper, loli, shounen