AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-09, 08:36   Link #9281
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
uke is the passive guy in a homo relationship
which in a broader sense means being the passive in any relationship
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 08:37   Link #9282
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post

The animation of the particular segment is beyond horrible btw, am i the only one thinking this?
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 08:45   Link #9283
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
The animation of the particular segment is beyond horrible btw, am i the only one thinking this?
NO, you're not! The composition was very....stiff.

Anyway, I've edited the gif made by reireiran from BAIDU Kallen threadbar.

It's slower now.
There was a slight contort(?).
Old 2008-09-09, 08:47   Link #9284
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
He did :

But I agree that it is more Kallen who pulled him forward.

And yes, as you say, it has little importance : the mood of the scene and his silence speak a lot more
Needless to say Lelouch 'let' himself be pulled forward. In any case, he could've just as easily tried to stop her. Not that he would've won, being weak and all...

To be honest the anatomy of the kiss (yes I did just say that. Yes you'll get over it) has sort of an understanding look to it. I think the whole reason she kissed him was mostly for her understanding and to get at least a little something out of him, like an admittance of some sort about her. At first Lelouch puts on a more shocked face, but when they part from the kiss he slowly opens his eyes (which generally is a pretty good tell for enjoyment, since you wouldn't close your eyes for a kiss you hated, obviously) and tries to keep his normal face on. Keeping his normal face on is sort of a good sign considering there's only two things that Lelouch would ever do in that situation and that's return Kallen's feelings and expression or keep a plain face.

I hate to mention Shirley... But I'm sure at this point he's iffy about having a woman around him again after what happened to the last one. The problem is that Kallen can more than stand up for herself.

All in all... The only way KaLulu would probably work is if Lelouch suddenly started dwelling on the kiss (which probably wont happen thanks to Nunally...) or if Kallen finally decided to get a backbone about it all and come out with it. Pretty much stubbornly request that Lelouch take her with him.

Edit: Actually after staring at that picture for a while (the one like... Two posts above me) I was for some reason thinking of other Emperors or political leaders and their romance in any other animes. I can't really name any names or anything, but the serious ones that have been in relationships tended to keep Lelouch's appearance, especially if the woman kissing him (or vice versa) was sad. Plus, there's Char Aznable and he reminds me a lot of this situation. You never really see him more than either angry or collective, not so much sad or otherwise bashful.
Old 2008-09-09, 08:48   Link #9285
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Srsly, it's like "hey, let's shit that scene" and they accomplished it.
Other than that, it was great. Especially Kallen's puppy-moving-eyes after she kissed him. XD
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 08:50   Link #9286
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
the scene was horrible. Nothing wrong with what happened in the scene, just the way it was done. It was rushed, animation was dodgey, the angles of the shots and stuff. It didn't feel right to me. The rest of the show is like that too, I don't think the director/animators give a crap anymore, just slap it together and ship it out.

Kallen decided to move on. Nothing much she could do. Being ignored is worse than someone telling you they don't like you, that was some cold shit. Lelouch is beyond an idiot now anyway, he's gonna die. Kallen's done enough for him, if he won't respond to her then it's best for her to leave. I don't want her to protect him, she better not die like that.

Just goes to show you all the people who can be considered good people, get screwed over. Shirley, Euphie, Nunnally and now Kallen.

I don't really care what happens anymore. The show is just stupid now. I'll watch the rest just because there's only 3 more eps and I might aswell finish it, but I should have dropped this after the China Arc. I thought the show was slipping and it might get better, but it hasn't. big dissapointment. the plot and action are just dumb. I bet the Guren and Lancelot fight is even dumber than the Knight of One's fight. Kallen will probably get owned.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 08:56   Link #9287
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

And I thought I was the loudest Lelouch/CG-basher here...
Old 2008-09-09, 09:04   Link #9288
Baixinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Needless to say Lelouch 'let' himself be pulled forward. In any case, he could've just as easily tried to stop her. Not that he would've won, being weak and all...

To be honest the anatomy of the kiss (yes I did just say that. Yes you'll get over it) has sort of an understanding look to it. I think the whole reason she kissed him was mostly for her understanding and to get at least a little something out of him, like an admittance of some sort about her. At first Lelouch puts on a more shocked face, but when they part from the kiss he slowly opens his eyes (which generally is a pretty good tell for enjoyment, since you wouldn't close your eyes for a kiss you hated, obviously) and tries to keep his normal face on. Keeping his normal face on is sort of a good sign considering there's only two things that Lelouch would ever do in that situation and that's return Kallen's feelings and expression or keep a plain face.

I hate to mention Shirley... But I'm sure at this point he's iffy about having a woman around him again after what happened to the last one. The problem is that Kallen can more than stand up for herself.

All in all... The only way KaLulu would probably work is if Lelouch suddenly started dwelling on the kiss (which probably wont happen thanks to Nunally...) or if Kallen finally decided to get a backbone about it all and come out with it. Pretty much stubbornly request that Lelouch take her with him.

Edit: Actually after staring at that picture for a while (the one like... Two posts above me) I was for some reason thinking of other Emperors or political leaders and their romance in any other animes. I can't really name any names or anything, but the serious ones that have been in relationships tended to keep Lelouch's appearance, especially if the woman kissing him (or vice versa) was sad. Plus, there's Char Aznable and he reminds me a lot of this situation. You never really see him more than either angry or collective, not so much sad or otherwise bashful.
Think Gumline : Kallen and Lelouch being actually together at the end of the show is very unlikley to me. One of them is almost 100% going to die, and the gumline will more than most probably be said at this very moment. Their relationship will most probably end up as a tragedy, and it would fit the show's mood very well, seeing how Lelouch (and Suzaku too) is taking the road of the tragic hero, dying and losing everything for a greater cause.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 09:13   Link #9289
El_Negro
Smurfee

Quote:

It's slower now.
Dude u actually slowmo'ed the kiss scene, I think u guys are overanalysing the kiss a bit 2 much
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 09:15   Link #9290
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Negro View Post
Dude u actually slowmo'ed the kiss scene, I think u guys are overanalysing the kiss a bit 2 much
yeah, some people take this stuff to seriously.

Oh well, should be funny to see this thread when Gino moves in on her.
Old 2008-09-09, 09:16   Link #9291
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post

Hmmm you've fallen into the deep end of the pessimism pool haven't you?
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 09:17   Link #9292
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Negro View Post
I said I've edited it, for (over)analysis...

OH, btw there is actually a course called audiovisual language~And you do nothing but watching a scene over and over, trying to squeeze out some meanings.
Old 2008-09-09, 09:17   Link #9293
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Hmmm you've fallen into the deep end of the pessimism pool haven't you?
No. I'm fine with Kallen leaving Lelouch. I wanted him to change, he didn't. Aslong as he is a suicidal bastard, he doesn't deserve her anyway, nor did he deserve shirley.
Old 2008-09-09, 09:32   Link #9294
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:

You know, fine... you don't like the show. But could you at least take your medicine and try not to spoil the enjoyment for everyone else? Just because you don't enjoy it anymore doesn't mean every one shouldn't as well.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 09:33   Link #9295
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:

It's slower now.

Hmmm... there's definitely more emphasize in the second one, sorry couldn't find anything bigger for the C.C. one, yeah but we're getting far too analytical about this...
Fruit Punch Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 09:37   Link #9296
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Punch Samurai View Post
Hmmm... there's definitely more emphasize in the second one, sorry couldn't find anything bigger for the C.C. one, yeah but we're getting far too analytical about this...
I never get tired of this~

It's safe to say that each kiss Lelouch gets has indeed something special in it, so put off the fire.
Old 2008-09-09, 09:45   Link #9297
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post

Yeah well he did not close his eyes for either of C.C's kisses

The reason we are so disappointed is that we expected Kallen with all her development towards understanding Lelouch to actually make the move and go to him.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 09:50   Link #9298
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Yeah well he did not close his eyes for either of C.C's kisses

The reason we are so disappointed is that we expected Kallen with all her development towards understanding Lelouch to actually make the move and go to him.
dont be too worried
that seems to be the case since she and gino are starting their own faction
Old 2008-09-09, 09:53   Link #9299
Babaganush
Banned

Quote:
ill be laughing cause i called it. totally going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
dont be too worried
starting their own relationship, shes done with lelouch.
Babaganush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 09:53   Link #9300
Baixinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
dont be too worried
Exactly, and judging from the convo Kang quoted (even if it is not really canon, I guess it sets the general intentions and behaviours of the characters), she will be willing to get more answers from Lelouch. It's not the end yet
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote