AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2008-12-11, 10:29   Link #841
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, the problem with shipping here, as with 99% of shounen series, is that it's a product of the fans. Technically, the most interest Natsu has ever shown towards anyone is merely as a nakama- even when he save Erza, he was doing mostly because she was a very close nakama to him.

... but i'm still trying to keep the NatsuxLucy one, just because it's sort of the first established in the manga

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 14:33   Link #842
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
lol, I think that Natsu/Ezra is the lead couple here on the forums - as well it should be. Too bad that they're so much alike that they could really be called 'siblings' without anyone thinking too hard on it.
the thing about Natsu is that i don't think he even notice the opposite sex yet.
Old 2008-12-11, 15:19   Link #843
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, that's Ezra's fault. From the looks of things, Ezra's been the dominate female influence in his life - one can forgive his slightly askew perceptions on females in general if one takes that into account.

Even so, this is the Fairy Tail Guild - how many normal females apply for membership here anyway? While beautiful, they are not exactly shining examples of womanhood... Well, maybe one or two...but you know what I mean.
Old 2008-12-11, 22:13   Link #844
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

I'm pretty sure that Loki's relationship with Lucy is going to be like Sanji's relationship with Nami in One Piece - he's going to try hard to make something happen, but Lucy will stop all his advances - she's more interesting in developing as a mage and going on adventures with Fairy tail then in romance.

About Natsu and Erza, I agree with those who say they are more like comrades and siblings than an actual couple. Natsu also sees Erza as a friendly rival, since he's always trying to beat her. In a different genre romance might develop, but again, this is shounen.

Fairy Tail is just like one big happy family. There is no need to complicate their relationships by introducing romance - they are fine as they are.

OK, the shippers can kill me now
Old 2008-12-12, 02:28   Link #845
Xhokhusmak

No, I think Loki would rather get it on with all the girls. :P Besides, flirting is fun. I'd flirt with Lucy all day~ (doesn't mean I'd ever want her o.O)
Xhokhusmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 05:17   Link #846
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
OK, the shippers can kill me now
Shoot darklord with a rifle ;(

Quote:
Even so, this is the Fairy Tail Guild - how many normal females apply for membership here anyway? While beautiful, they are not exactly shining examples of womanhood... Well, maybe one or two...but you know what I mean.
I just noticed that the numbers of female in fairy tail seems so few compared with man.

. . It might explained their exxagerated reaction when the females were turned to stone. .

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 23:01   Link #847
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Yes, men will rage when you take away their 'girl buddies'. Overblown male pride..blah blah - we can't deny it, it's there.
Old 2008-12-12, 23:07   Link #848
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Yes, men will rage when you take away their 'girl buddies'. Overblown male pride..blah blah - we can't deny it, it's there.
lol especially when said "girl buddies" are like the ones that were taken away

hell I know I would be letting all hell break loose!
Old 2008-12-13, 02:18   Link #849
Slayerx

next chapter is Kana vs Lluvia...
should have seen this coming when they were moving around together... i mean, their basically being forced into the same position as everyone else did... question ofcourse being is how will it play out... will they fight until one wins? will it be a double KO? will they find a way out that others could not think of? or maybe someone will stop them from fighting

i can kinda see Mistgun knocking them both out to stop their fighting and then taking on fried... though i still do see things playing out with Ezra fighting loki followed by natsu and gazzille; so in that case Mistgun is either gonna need to choose to sit out the fight or be prevented from fighting on... coudl go either way... i could foresee that fried's barriers do not disappear when he is KO'd and as such Mistgun could wind up trapped after fried's defeat and unable to continue; though i could also see Mistgun doing his supportive thing and taking down the temple of thunder to give them unlimited time to deal with Luxus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
I just noticed that the numbers of female in fairy tail seems so few compared with man.

. . It might explained their exxagerated reaction when the females were turned to stone. .
heh, fairy tail is pretty plentiful when it comes to girls as compared to other guilds...

though really, aside from those with a personal attachment of somekind to the girls, the reaction would have been more or less the same for a bunch of guys... i mean, this isn't much different than the time they found D-roy, Jet and Levi beaten up by Gazzille... though this has a bit more impact since we actually had some characterization for those turned to stone and know well the relationship they have with certain fairy tail members... last time, we barely knew who levi, droy and jet were and know nothing about their relationships with the others; all in all, the personal impact of the two scenes was much different
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 12:10   Link #850
Dark Mage

I loved this mangaka's earlier work Rave Master as Haru and Elie ended up together at the end. It was so good. But I would be really happy if Lucy and Natsu ended up together but it seems the stellar spirit is ahead of Natsu and Natsu is like Lufy from One Piece who will remain without a girlfriend all their life. So I dont think there will be any type of romance in this manga even the shounen-like romance would've been good
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 13:47   Link #851
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
I loved this mangaka's earlier work Rave Master as Haru and Elie ended up together at the end. It was so good. But I would be really happy if Lucy and Natsu ended up together but it seems the stellar spirit is ahead of Natsu and Natsu is like Lufy from One Piece who will remain without a girlfriend all their life. So I dont think there will be any type of romance in this manga even the shounen-like romance would've been good

Natsu has the lowest iq of any of the mangaka's other works. Haru while not brilliant actually had a working brain.
Old 2008-12-16, 20:13   Link #852
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Natsu has the lowest iq of any of the mangaka's other works. Haru while not brilliant actually had a working brain.
Fair enough, but on a whole, no charaacter in manga history has ever nor will ever be as stupid nor awesome as the one and only Monkey D. Luffy.
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 00:58   Link #853
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
That is kinda true, I mean anyone with half a brain would know that if you're weakness is motion sickness then have one of the members in your guild cast a spell to stop that, or at the least take some effen dramamine!!!!!

by the way your sig is made of pure uncut 100% WIN!!!
Old 2008-12-17, 01:01   Link #854
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Yes, but then that takes away the comic effect... besides, as we've all seen, Natsu can kick major ass when needed to

do keep in mind this is action/comedy... so when we're not doing action, we're doing comedy... and the japanese can sometimes have a strange sense of humor

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 02:54   Link #855
NoLongerSane

I am just wondering how many other characters from Mashima's other series are going to make a guest appearance. We had the main characters from Monster Soul appear, as well as Ellie, Haru, Jet, Plue, the blue jelly squid, and Julia make an appearence in earlier chapters. I am wondering how long til Shuda or one of the other characters make an appearence. As for the upcoming chapters, I hope to see what Mistgun can do.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 03:20   Link #856
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for 116:
Old 2008-12-23, 05:08   Link #857
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Spoiler for 116:

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 18:39   Link #858
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Spoiler for 116:
Spoiler for 116:
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 17:48   Link #859
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

oh hell Lluvia scored massives points this chapter, shes certainly a awesome character

lol at the slayers chat about Bunnies and stuff

next chapter Advent of Satan! sounds devilish

I'm hoping that its my Mira-chwan jumping into the fray
Old 2008-12-26, 19:13   Link #860
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
oh hell Lluvia scored massives points this chapter, shes certainly a awesome character

lol at the slayers chat about Bunnies and stuff

next chapter Advent of Satan! sounds devilish

I'm hoping that its my Mira-chwan jumping into the fray
Looks like Kana's ready to send Fried to hell...

and if Mira-chan should go back to 'Demon Eyes Mira', she should definitely team w/Mist Gun for this - that would truly be 'EPIC'.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen