AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-07-13, 05:15   Link #1
Levon
Unregistered User

Anymore VCD/KVCD/DVD format fansubs?

[I hope this is the right forum to ask, if not I or a mod can move it to the right forum]

I don't really like watching fansubs on my PC most of the time, my PC is crap & it doesn't run video files all that great sometimes. So I like to convert them onto VCDs to watch on my TV.

I'v seen a few fansubs in KCVD format here at animesuki but not much were on the torrents.

Can you guys tell me what fansubs I can download in a format to burn onto CD or DVD to watch on my TV without having to go through all the converting. If I ever was releases fansubs I'd release them in SVCD or DVD format

Thanks a ton

Last edited by Levon; 2004-07-13 at 05:27.
Levon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 09:45   Link #2
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
umm ..thats a rare thing to find, but keep lOOking
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 11:10   Link #3
Levon
Unregistered User

Wish me luck indeed
Levon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 14:13   Link #4
Shinigami
Shiki Fuujin

i watch mine on my tv by streaming it from my pc to my xbox. if ya have a xbox you can mod it and get xbox media center and play it on your tv from there. or fine a dvd player that supports the file format the fansub are in
Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 14:40   Link #5
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levon
Can you guys tell me what fansubs I can download in a format to burn onto CD or DVD to watch on my TV without having to go through all the converting.
Your best bet here is to just by a Divx compatable DVD player. Most fansubs are released in Dixv or Xvid video with MP3 or AC3 audio. While these players are only certified for Divx codecs, Xvid supposedly works as well.

Using Froogle, www.froogle.com, I found a player certified for Dvix for only 70 USD.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=90132157&loc=

According to the manufacturer, you could burn the Dvix files to CD-R and watch them on the DVD player.

Note: I am in no way endoursing or otherwise promoting this product. For all I know, it might not work. I have never owned or actually seen this product. Do research before buying anything!
KeinikuSuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 08:59   Link #6
kree

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeinikuSuki
According to the manufacturer, you could burn the Dvix files to CD-R and watch them on the DVD player.

Note: I am in no way endoursing or otherwise promoting this product. For all I know, it might not work. I have never owned or actually seen this product. Do research before buying anything!
I have a similar player that allows me to view DIVX on CD-R disks.
I have only experienced two problems with mine.

1. About every ten to twenty minutes the feed stutters and jumps forward a second or two.

2. I lose about 10 pixels around each side of my screen. Not a large problem but conversation heavy subs, can loss half a line worth of subtitling.
kree is offline   Reply With Quote