AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2014-04-23, 16:54   Link #2301
Super Sonic
スーパーソニック

Hello everyone,

I have heard many things about this series.

Before I start reading it (kind of scared from the few clips I saw on YouTube) can anyone give me no-shit honest opinions of this?

I have read that it is the true successor to Dragon Ball as the greatest series ever and that it could surpass it.

I have also read that some people think is a waste of time.
Super Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 16:58   Link #2302
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
You mean Reiss?

Well bricks will be shat.We got enough Shifters really.
On this name website, Reiss mean Giant in Israel
foxbox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 00:39   Link #2303
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sonic View Post
Hello everyone,

Before I start reading it (kind of scared from the few clips I saw on YouTube) can anyone give me no-shit honest opinions of this?

I have read that it is the true successor to Dragon Ball as the greatest series ever and that it could surpass it.

Great series storyline wise. I personally enjoy it quite a bit but like every other series, your mileage will vary based on your tastes.
Old 2014-04-24, 08:57   Link #2304
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
You mean Reiss?

Well bricks will be shat.We got enough Shifters really.
Oops didn't realize I made a typo...
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 00:42   Link #2305
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Quote:
Hello everyone,

It's a cocktease. Nothing really gets answered and when answers do come, very little comes in between HUGE gaps.

Though i do think you are better off watching the anime. The animation is amazing and you have to see the 3d gear in action. Then when the anime ends you can pick up the manga. The anime follows the manga almost to a tee.
Old 2014-04-25, 07:52   Link #2306
Death Usagi
Banned

Main reason I got into this series was because of the anime. Before the anime, I found the art to be somewhat bad, that I didn't get into it at first
Old 2014-04-26, 10:27   Link #2307
Kiltias

Quote:
Hello everyone,

First of all:
Nothing will ever surpass Dragon Ball.Those who said that seriously aren't right in their head so throw that opinion into a trashcan.

Secondly:
It's certainly not a waste of time, however I suppose that depends on taste.
Art tends to be rather off sometimes, but still better than what that hack Togashi produces.
Mysteries a plenty, but that's what you get from a series inspired by Muv Luv.
Overall, it is a good read, it's something different.It's not a Masterpiece by any means, but it's good.

Then again, depends on taste.
While we might like it, it may simply not be as good for you seeing as I have no idea about what you usually read.

Last edited by Kiltias; 2014-04-26 at 11:41.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 16:17   Link #2308
Death Usagi
Banned

I actually consider Attack on Titans a masterpiece XD
Old 2014-04-27, 10:06   Link #2309
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
I actually consider Attack on Titans a masterpiece XD
Fine by me.I'm not gonna go against opinions except those who say it might surpass Dragon Ball.
Cause those are statements why the SnK community is often looked down upon.
Old 2014-04-27, 10:35   Link #2310
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Fine by me.I'm not gonna go against opinions except those who say it might surpass Dragon Ball.
Cause those are statements why the SnK community is often looked down upon.
I don't know though, what is so "special" about dragon ball. I got the feeling that dragon ball being so good is mostly the nostalgia factor.

But maybe that is just me.

Still, comparing the monthly AoT manga with a typical weekly shounen manga seems like comparing apples with oranges. The issues they deal with are completely different. AoT is classified as "shounen", but that is just because it is running in a shounen magazine. That says as much about it as the levi spin-off officially being a "shoujo" manga.
Old 2014-04-27, 12:40   Link #2311
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I don't know though, what is so "special" about dragon ball. I got the feeling that dragon ball being so good is mostly the nostalgia factor.

But maybe that is just me.

Still, comparing the monthly AoT manga with a typical weekly shounen manga seems like comparing apples with oranges. The issues they deal with are completely different. AoT is classified as "shounen", but that is just because it is running in a shounen magazine. That says as much about it as the levi spin-off officially being a "shoujo" manga.
Don't bother with the snk vs dragon ball debate. If some one thinks Snk is better than dragon ball all the power to them, If some one thinks dragon ball is better than snk all the power to them. Its simply a opinion now lets just end this little discussion about which is better now.

Also agreed the two are apples to oranges.
Old 2014-04-29, 14:11   Link #2312
Vvisions

I was wondering where was Bertold during the whole time of the expedition when the Female Titan attacked the Scouting Legion. It looks like he was not present at the time, but still, Reiner was there, and Bertold was too a Scouting Legion member. If he was there, where was he?

In time, during cp. 21 pg. 6/7, Armin states that Annie is a "kind" person, because he perceives that she doesn't want them to join the Scounting Legion (possibly because she knew beforehand of what she would have to do).

Also in cp. 21 Eren notes that Erwin's speech, had the purpose to "cut the number of new recruits by a lot", another member of the troops says that Erwin has intimidated the new recruits more than necessary. During his speech, Erwin even say to the new recruits "to listen very closely to their hearts, and ask themselves if they got what it needs to sacrifice their lives for mankind" as it was a death sentence to join the division.

Armin then notices that Erwin has a plan.

Erwin, again says during his speech "And let me reiterate this again: Most of those who will decide to stay here and enter the Scounting Legion, will probably be dead soon."

Do you people have any links of well built theories regarding this behavior both by Annie and Erwin?

Because things get so messed up after the introduction of the Female Titan, that for a while is possible to forget that, the expedition was set up to reach Wall Maria, not to capture the Female Titan, but still, Erwin had insisghted that possibility and had all preparations done.

During the same sequence in the anime, Erwin trows a heavy look upon Annie in the crowd, during his speech. Erwin has a very sharp intuition and attention to details, probably by seeing Annie's reaction plus a few others, he devised he backup plan, betting that someone would interfer with the expedition.

Also, I saw somewhere that Annie could be affected by alcohol during her rampage, in a way to do what she needs to. But I never read nothing in the manga or anime that would suggest that to be real.

Because if there is any possible conection between Annie and Erwin, or Erwin to anyone of RBA, then, it can play a major role in the current arch where friends and foes must be kept in close sight, and definetely will play a major role in the future of the series.

So please, tell me your opinions, theories and links on that and don't forget about Bertold whereabouts during the expedition too.

Thanks in advance!
Vvisions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 07:48   Link #2313
Kiltias

Quote:
I was wondering where was Bertold during the whole time of the expedition when the Female Titan attacked the Scouting Legion. It looks like he was not present at the time, but still, Reiner was there, and Bertold was too a Scouting Legion member. If he was there, where was he?
Bertholdt was shown on one of the Tree's.
Ymir was asking him if he knew where Historia was.

Quote:
Also, I saw somewhere that Annie could be affected by alcohol during her rampage, in a way to do what she needs to. But I never read nothing in the manga or anime that would suggest that to be real.
O___o
First time I hear that.

Quote:
Also in cp. 21 Eren notes that Erwin's speech, had the purpose to "cut the number of new recruits by a lot", another member of the troops says that Erwin has intimidated the new recruits more than necessary. During his speech, Erwin even say to the new recruits "to listen very closely to their hearts, and ask themselves if they got what it needs to sacrifice their lives for mankind" as it was a death sentence to join the division.

Armin then notices that Erwin has a plan.

Erwin, again says during his speech "And let me reiterate this again: Most of those who will decide to stay here and enter the Scounting Legion, will probably be dead soon."

Do you people have any links of well built theories regarding this behavior both by Annie and Erwin?
It simply means Erwin did some investigation and was suspicious of Annie as the whole Expedition was a ruse to capture her anyway.

All psychological warfare.
By cutting her out he pretty much went sure she would go after them cause a Shifter can hardly join the Corps, transform Mid Expedition to retrieve Eren and think they get away with it.
Besides, we know Erwin was suspicious of the Graduates, with his speech he cut out the only member of the Top 10, later on, a Female Titan appears while the Squad Leaders each had a member of the Top 10 with them.
Basically, it was all to confirm and capture Annie as Female Titan.
Old 2014-05-02, 00:49   Link #2314
Vvisions

Quote:
Bertholdt was shown on one of the Tree's.
Ymir was asking him if he knew where Historia was.

O___o
First time I hear that.

It simply means Erwin did some investigation and was suspicious of Annie as the whole Expedition was a ruse to capture her anyway.

All psychological warfare.
By cutting her out he pretty much went sure she would go after them cause a Shifter can hardly join the Corps, transform Mid Expedition to retrieve Eren and think they get away with it.
Besides, we know Erwin was suspicious of the Graduates, with his speech he cut out the only member of the Top 10, later on, a Female Titan appears while the Squad Leaders each had a member of the Top 10 with them.
Basically, it was all to confirm and capture Annie as Female Titan.
Thanks for your time and your attention to answer me, all of your answers were very much satisfatory. Thank you.

=)
Vvisions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 12:14   Link #2315
OkamiNoKaze

If I'm an anime only watcher, will the spin off manga spoil too much of the main series?
Old 2014-05-02, 12:58   Link #2316
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
If I'm an anime only watcher, will the spin off manga spoil too much of the main series?
As far as I can see, neither the "Before the Fall" spin-off, nor the "No Regrets" spin-off contain any spoilers post anime.

You should be able to read them without getting spoiled as an anime-only-viewer.

I can only say that for the currently available manga spin-offs though, so I cannot promise that it will STAY spoiler free.
Old 2014-05-03, 07:50   Link #2317
Kiltias

So Spoilers are out:

Spoiler for 57 Spoiler:

More soon.
Old 2014-05-03, 18:56   Link #2318
Lazyywutaky

Quote:
So Spoilers are out:

Spoiler for 57 Spoiler:

More soon.
Spoiler for ch 57:
Lazyywutaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 20:22   Link #2319
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
So Spoilers are out:

Spoiler for 57 Spoiler:

More soon.
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2014-05-03, 22:15   Link #2320
kitten320

^I'm pretty sure Erwin signed his death contract by entrusting Hanji as new Commander.

And it almost feels like they signed Annie's death contract by saying that abilities can be achieved by eating titan-shifters and mentioning that Eren needs hardening abilities like Annie... what implies that Eren will have to eat her at some point in the future to get those abilities...

Well shit, Annie became part of a menu along with Eren.