AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 26 9.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 3.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 3.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 5.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 14 4.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 3.19%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.84%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 11 3.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 167 59.22%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-24, 05:38   Link #341
Ikonomi
∞て何だ。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
I'm watching it right now and I find it more interesting to browse around here rather than watching Koizumi babble on and on...

EDIT: Hmm....they've slowly increased the distance between Haruhi and the rest of the SOS-dan members in the credits. What's up with that?
Sorry, are you referring to her name, or to the characters themselves in some part of the sequence? I'm interested.
Old 2009-07-24, 05:50   Link #342
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Another painful iteration ... and what makes it worse is that we know this is not the end I sincerely do hope that we actually will be able to resume with the Haruhi we all know and loved after these artsy stunts finish in a couple of episodes
Old 2009-07-24, 06:05   Link #343
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
here is a strange question
should we techniclly be hating nagato for this
while were suppose to feel sorry for her for going through what we have been bitching about for much longer
the problem is that her personal mindframe of "i'm just an observer" is what keeps them (and us) in this stupid loop for this long
if she was just a LITTLE more motivated, she'd just come out and TELL kyon about the loop at the start of the two weeks
meaning that they would know from the start about the loop and have 2 whole weeks trying to solve the problem (yuki could also keep track on what they tried that failed in the past loops)
Old 2009-07-24, 06:14   Link #344
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Another painful iteration ... and what makes it worse is that we know this is not the end I sincerely do hope that we actually will be able to resume with the Haruhi we all know and loved after these artsy stunts finish in a couple of episodes
This is the Haruhi that i love though.
Old 2009-07-24, 06:22   Link #345
Raniie

Hmm, if all the Endless 8 episodes were combined with the difference in each of the episodes, how much actual new content would the new episode be? I wonder if they will do that for the DVD version. Tho, I actually wouldn't mind them releasing as it, as this is good torture material. I mean, if you need to interrogate someone and they won't speak up, make them watch Haruhi E8 EP 2-7+ in an endless loop. >]

Old 2009-07-24, 06:33   Link #346
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
This is the Haruhi that i love though.
So instead of covering the material of two-three novels with interesting stories, you prefer to see six times the same short story

I really can not understand this
Old 2009-07-24, 06:49   Link #347
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Malkuth: Ego reputo socius est propono ferrum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonomi View Post
I could never hate Yuki Nagato.
Hic gigno hic.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2009-07-24 at 07:09.
Old 2009-07-24, 06:57   Link #348
otacu
Flag forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
So instead of covering the material of two-three novels with interesting stories, you prefer to see six times the same short story

I really can not understand this
I can

It's called http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masochism

Kyoani is really lucky
Old 2009-07-24, 07:06   Link #349
Ikonomi
∞て何だ。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
while were suppose to feel sorry for her for going through what we have been bitching about for much longer
the problem is that her personal mindframe of "i'm just an observer" is what keeps them (and us) in this stupid loop for this long
if she was just a LITTLE more motivated, she'd just come out and TELL kyon about the loop at the start of the two weeks
meaning that they would know from the start about the loop and have 2 whole weeks trying to solve the problem (yuki could also keep track on what they tried that failed in the past loops)
I could never hate Yuki Nagato.

But she is awfully passive. She only acts when backed into a corner. She still manages to be more proactive than Kyon, though.
Old 2009-07-24, 07:18   Link #350
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post

Actually you should probably point the blame to Kyon.

Kyon should know how Yuki is by now and should have asked her AT LEAST ONCE in the 15,000+ loops to tell them early. We all know that had he asked her, she would have agreed.

I have cameras in your head!
Old 2009-07-24, 08:08   Link #351
Lost-Wisdom
Wis-dom-matic

I had enough of the users here that are down voting this to 1.

I mean, the users who are voting this to 1 should really be ignored right now BECAUSE THEIR ONLY REASON for doing so is because of the Arcs repetition (Hence, the Endless Eight).

I'm really glad that I could see the users who voted 1 for this because now I know who I should ignore now, I find this Arc to be interesting and appealing because it just goes to show how people can take repetition. Looks like they found out you people can't HANDLE it.

They do change up the scenery, and you know they reanimate it on every episode yet it turns out you DON'T appreciate it and give it a 1.

Heck, I bet when this thread started users just voted 1 for the heck of it.

I know there are people who actually vote fairly on the episode and take it for what it is. The users who voted 1 probably only did this because they can't take it.

Look, if you can't bare to watch another episode of this, it's really simple:

DON'T WATCH IT.

I'm tired of these posts stating the same shit since Episode 2 of this arc aired.

Yeah, rant over. Relief on.

Old 2009-07-24, 08:20   Link #352
JayBlanc

Internet anime fans who downloaded free video rant online about how ripped off they feel. Film at Eleven.
Old 2009-07-24, 08:22   Link #353
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBlanc View Post
Internet anime fans who downloaded free video rant online about how ripped off they feel. Film at Eleven.
Don't forget the technical illegality of it all
Old 2009-07-24, 08:24   Link #354
otacu
Flag forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost-Wisdom View Post

I mean, the users who are voting this to 1 should really be ignored right now BECAUSE THEIR ONLY REASON for doing so is because of the Arcs repetition (Hence, the Endless Eight).

I'm really glad that I could see the users who voted 1 for this because now I know who I should ignore now, I find this Arc to be interesting and appealing because it just goes to show how people can take repetition. Looks like they found out you people can't HANDLE it.

They do change up the scenery, and you know they reanimate it on every episode yet it turns out you DON'T appreciate it and give it a 1.

I know there are people who actually vote fairly on the episode and take it for what it is. The users who voted 1 probably only did this because they can't take it.

DON'T WATCH IT.

I'm tired of these posts stating the same shit since Episode 2 of this arc aired.

Yeah because rating this "Very Good" is actually a fair rating right?

Since it's so "very good" i hope that you will enjoy the next 15000 episodes just like this.

And of course they will be all "very good" right?

I enjoyed your "rant": it's very educational
Old 2009-07-24, 08:30   Link #355
stubby42

Remember that for all intents and purposes Yuki is a computer, she was programmed to observe and thats what shes going to do.
Old 2009-07-24, 08:43   Link #356
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost-Wisdom View Post

DON'T WATCH IT.

I had to laugh.
Old 2009-07-24, 08:57   Link #357
joshualimm

Ugly episode. Much uglier compared to last week's. Lots of long shots. Very boring pacing, and the whole segment when they were in the park had NO bgm at ALL (until Nagato started talking)... lame quality episode.

Some people may say that no anime at all is worse than this.. but I disagree.

If I were to be executed, I'd rather get shot between the eyes, than to be taunted and misled with false hope of salvation, only to be executed anyway in the end.

[Edit]
Sorry, that was pretty insensitive of me. And adds nothing constructive to the discussion. My appologies.

Last edited by joshualimm; 2009-07-24 at 10:25.
Old 2009-07-24, 09:21   Link #358
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿

It's hard to tell what's worst; the shitty repetitive episodes comprised of nothing, the people complaining about the shitty episodes, or the people complaining about the people complaining about the episodes.

Actually I lied. The shitty empty episodes are clearly worse than the other two.
Old 2009-07-24, 09:22   Link #359
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

I cackled with glee when I checked the poll results, and the Endless Eight Rage(tm) exhibited by the interwebs. Which makes me glad I only gave Endless Eight a 30% chance of ending this week. What's interesting is when you examine the poll results chart posted way back in the thread. Sure you've got the knee-jerk 1s and 10s, but if you throw those out . . . the number of people who keep coming back week after week to actually watch the show and provide feedback more meaningful than RAR RAGE!!!11shift+1 and BOW BEFORE YOUR GOD!!!11shift+eleven seems to remain more or less constant. Better still, the average audience for all the Endless Eight episodes spanned by the chart is only 25% off the high of Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody!

Which means, if we take a set of unscientific poll results produced by a bunch of Western pirates, and project it back to Japanese otaku; whatever gambit the production committee is taking seems to be working nicely. It's getting people to talk about Haruhi. Sure, there's lots of interweb butthurt going on, but it doesn't seem to be affecting viewership numbers. It won't affect the profitability of DVD sales either, since I suspect people would watch Haruhi even if the committee decided to spend the rest of the season animating nothing but Kyon sitting on the can, reading the daily newspaper with his sister going "Kyon-kun, denwa" outside the door.

Anyway, now to wait for the subs to turn up somewhere low-bandwidth.
Old 2009-07-24, 09:23   Link #360
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshualimm View Post
Ugly episode. Much uglier compared to last week's. Lots of long shots. Very boring pacing, and the whole segment when they were in the park had NO bgm at ALL (until Nagato started talking)... lame quality episode.
The non close up swimming pool shots looked really bad.
Closed Thread