Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileSakura View Post
hello, been reading some of the discussions for a while xD

Spoiler for thought:
Spoiler for thought:
MD84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 08:48   Link #5123
Takigashima

Kinda just feels like Kuma is being made a martyr to fuel the battle even more so.
But is likely also a hint that Zen may end up getting the VP position (should he even stay with her by that point)
Takigashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 09:59   Link #5124
Kamuui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Speaking of this why she hate Medaka ...but we don't know why she like Zen so much( I mean...ok she said something about this during the minus arc,but that is it).
We don't know how Zen and Shiranui become friends , I wonder if this arc will answer about this.
I do not think it will be necessary.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/medaka...02/c010/4.html
Old 2011-10-28, 09:59   Link #5125
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
That's a pretty hilarious response, 1984 wants it back. Then again it's actually quite sad you think that...

I don't think I've seen anyone saying they outright hate Medaka, only some of her actions at times. I could be wrong since I don't read every post...
Oh please, people here act like they're Zen and Medaka cut their balls off....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD84 View Post
I still think Zenkichi joining the Flask Plan was a bad idea just because he's doing what Ajimu wanted him to do. Deals like this never turn out well because the people offering them never have anyone else's best interests in mind.
Bu-bu-bu-bu after Zen beats Medaka and becomes the main character and the manga is called Lord Zen's Box he will reform Ajimu and make her waifu #3 after Medaka and Emukae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Anyway It's strange, for first time I looked at some of recent Medaka vs Zen polls as I was browsing through some threads and for the majority I've visited it's extremely, extremely one sided like riduclously so. Precisely how popular is Medaka with the western readers?
She doubles Zen's totals when it comes to favorite characters on MyAnimeList, you can only choose 10 characters out of every anime and manga combined when you make that list. Danbooru also has more Medaka/Misogi uploaded fanart than Zen, but it's not many at all and if Pixiv don't give a shit about Zen it's not like Zen fans can upload non existent fanart. Maybe Zen would beat Medaka down on some dumb ass Naruto forum that talks shit about this thread, try looking at them! Oh wait...

But quite frankly, it doesn't matter what the English fandom think. If there's any popularity poll Nisio will be looking at it's his own Jump polls and both of them have Medaka > Zen and the last one has Kumagawa >>>>>>>>>>> everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
...Hmmm

I can't tell how this'll go.

It's looks like it's set up for yet another Medaka victory, but I can't really tell.

If I had to guess on the outcome, I'd say when they face off it'll end in one of two ways

1. Zenkichi defeats her making Medaka appreciate him, earning him back his place at her side.

2. Medaka defeats him, but stays the same instead of reforming like her other enemies.

(I seriously doubt losing to Medaka would end in him returning to her side as if nothing happened)
Why can't he fight her to her limit and just come short and they reconcile since while he didn't beat her he proved he was worthy of being by her side and maybe now he'll understand her more beyond the point that a stalker would. I still think they'll go with the Zen wins, cue Ajimu mindfucks, Medaka powerup montage, rematch, Medaka win, reconcilation, medaka vs ajimu and zen vs haiten, kumagawa comes back to perform the finishing touch and reclaim the manga as his.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 10:27   Link #5126
sungreentakeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

Bu-bu-bu-bu after Zen beats Medaka and becomes the main character and the manga is called Lord Zen's Box he will reform Ajimu and make her waifu #3 after Medaka and Emukae.
Trolling to make people who side with Zen on this get angry. Doesn't say anything interesting about what happened, more like a STFU statement.

Quote:
She doubles Zen's totals when it comes to favorite characters on MyAnimeList, you can only choose 10 characters out of every anime and manga combined when you make that list. Danbooru also has more Medaka/Misogi uploaded fanart than Zen, but it's not many at all and if Pixiv don't give a shit about Zen it's not like Zen fans can upload non existent fanart. Maybe Zen would beat Medaka down on some dumb ass Naruto forum that talks shit about this thread, try looking at them! Oh wait...
Again, just trolling trying to incite someone to get angry.

Quote:
But quite frankly, it doesn't matter what the English fandom think. If there's any popularity poll Nisio will be looking at it's his own Jump polls and both of them have Medaka > Zen and the last one has Kumagawa >>>>>>>>>>> everyone else.
Massive trolling, insulting the english fandom and trivializing their opinions. Again, doesn't say anything interesting about the current situation.

Quote:
Why can't he fight her to her limit and just come short and they reconcile since while he didn't beat her he proved he was worthy of being by her side and maybe now he'll understand her more beyond the point that a stalker would. I still think they'll go with the Zen wins, cue Ajimu mindfucks, Medaka powerup montage, rematch, Medaka win, reconcilation, medaka vs ajimu and zen vs haiten, kumagawa comes back to perform the finishing touch and reclaim the manga as his.
Again trolling. Calling Zenkichi a stalker? Serious baiting. No one would seriously call him a stalker; you wouldn't even call him a 'hanger on'. Medaka wanted him with her and Zenkichi didn't even want to get involved in the beginning. That goes against the definition of a stalker. Again, baiting to anger the other side and doesn't say anything interesting.
sungreentakeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 10:39   Link #5127
MD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamuui View Post
I do not think it will be necessary.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/medaka...02/c010/4.html
It seems a bit like she was lying. Zenkichi even notes that she's giving "half-assed" answers.

On another note, does anyone else miss the characters that weren't associated with the Flask Plan, like Nabeshima?
Old 2011-10-28, 10:46   Link #5128
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungreentakeo View Post
Trolling to make people who side with Zen on this get angry. Doesn't say anything interesting about what happened, more like a STFU statement.
If you read the thread person who just joined you'll notice that Zen fans have actually said they "emphasize" with him too much as well as some actually thinking my mockery would actually come true.

Quote:
Again, just trolling trying to incite someone to get angry.
No it's called answering a question, he asked I answered.

Quote:
Massive trolling, insulting the english fandom and trivializing their opinions. Again, doesn't say anything interesting about the current situation.
Trolling? It's called being realistic, the English fanbase is meaningless, heck the Japanese fanbase could be meaningless too if Nisio doesn't give a fuck about other peoples opinions. But one things for sure, Nisio isn't hitting up msg boards in Japan asking what the English fandom think of his manga

WSJ Editor - "Nisio-san!! English readers on Anime suki really like Zen so you should make him the MC"
Nisio - "Fuck I better do that now or my manga will stop selling in Japan and the Japanese readers will make it slide down the TOC causing it to get canceled! I have to make those people who read the manga for free happy!"

It's funny how the Zen fanbase considers the Not Equals Arc boring yet it's the best performing arc period in WSJ for the series....

Quote:
Again trolling. Calling Zenkichi a stalker? Serious baiting. No one would seriously call him a stalker; you wouldn't even call him a 'hanger on'. Medaka wanted him with her and Zenkichi didn't even want to get involved in the beginning. That goes against the definition of a stalker. Again, baiting to anger the other side and doesn't say anything interesting.
It's called a joke, I mean Zen has been with Medaka for how long now? And doesn't understand her at all? Yet he can give names to all her "trump" cards? Damn a stalker could've done that

I like how it's fine to talk shit about Medaka all the time but as soon as you do with Zen his defense force jumps out every single time.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 11:05   Link #5129
MD84

Quote:
If you read the thread person who just joined you'll notice that Zen fans have actually said they "emphasize" with him too much as well as some actually thinking my mockery would actually come true.
The word is "empathize", not "emphasize". As in "empathy for a guy who got beaten to a pulp by someone he loved." And my post at least basically said Zenkichi was making a really stupid mistake, so I don't quite get why you thought that was a "Pro-Zenkichi" post.

Quote:
Trolling? It's called being realistic, the English fanbase is meaningless, heck the Japanese fanbase could be meaningless too if Nisio doesn't give a fuck about other peoples opinions. But one things for sure, Nisio isn't hitting up msg boards in Japan asking what the English fandom think of his manga

WSJ Editor - "Nisio-san!! English readers on Anime suki really like Zen so you should make him the MC"
Nisio - "Fuck I better do that now or my manga will stop selling in Japan and the Japanese readers will make it slide down the TOC causing it to get canceled! I have to make those people who read the manga for free happy!"

It's funny how the Zen fanbase considers the Not Equals Arc boring yet it's the best performing arc period in WSJ for the series....
Then why didn't you just say the fandom in the first place as opposed to specifying the English fandom? A fandom that you are presumably part of? By that logic, your opinions are equally meaningless.

Quote:
It's called a joke, I mean Zen has been with Medaka for how long now? And doesn't understand her at all? Yet he can give names to all her "trump" cards? Damn a stalker could've done that

I like how it's fine to talk shit about Medaka all the time but as soon as you do with Zen his defense force jumps out every single time.
Stalkers tend to be less obvious. Zenkichi merely hung out with her. The only reason he couldn't understand her was because she can't be understood by normal humans. Heck, early in the series he tried to avoid Medaka because he was tired of her insane antics. Real stalker-like behavior. Calling Zenkichi a stalker and then claiming it was a joke is an insult to anyone who has actually been stalked in real life.

For the record, I'm not a fanboy of Zenkichi or Medaka. Both characters need to have some sense beaten into them. Thankfully, it seems that they will end up doing this to each other in this arc.

I do agree that Kumagawa is awesome. He's just so amusingly crazy. A shame that it seems like he'll be put out of commission for this arc.
Old 2011-10-28, 11:06   Link #5130
MaaKaichou
Still finding...

Five new spoiler pics are up for ch120

Spoiler for one:

Spoiler for two:

Spoiler for three:

Spoiler for four:

Spoiler for five:
MaaKaichou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 11:08   Link #5131
sungreentakeo

Quote:

No it's called answering a question, he asked I answered.

Your concerns basically expose you as doing the exact same thing you maintain your opponents to do... Everyone who criticizes Medaka isn't a Zenkichi fan. Everyone who emphasizes with Zenkichi (especially in light of recent events) isn't doing it to hate on Medaka. It doesn't even mean that they like Zenkichi more than Medaka.

Regardless of whether someone's opinion is known to shounen jump doesn't mean it isn't important or valid. Your opinion would matter equally little under the same presumption.

You're doing exactly what I said you were doing.

I also doubt this assumption that all the fans in Japan saw what happened to Zenkichi and applauded Medaka for demolishing her oldest supporter. I also doubt that that none of them felt any pity for Zenkichi. There are extenuating circumstances to her actions, but if you're so concerned about jump's popularity polls it might just be the case that Zenkichi's popularity rises in the next one.

You're insulting and inciting.

Last edited by sungreentakeo; 2011-10-28 at 11:43.
Old 2011-10-28, 11:26   Link #5132
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:

Ahahahahahaha this shit is hilariously, I'm seriously tempted to troll you just to get more butt hurt responses. These tears they taste so good.

Come one more bro I got my popcorn ready.

on the spoiler pics
Spoiler:
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 11:47   Link #5133
MD84

Quote:
on the spoiler pics
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-28, 11:55   Link #5134
sungreentakeo

I just thought of something interesting. And before I get trolled by a Medaka fan, I'm not saying this to side with Zenkichi. I'm analyzing the story.

If Medaka is going to genuinely grow as a character, she needs to be defeated.. Not defeated on a technicality or she was holding back or defeated in such a way that she can come back and get on top again... She needs to be defeated in such a way that there is no way for her to come back out on top, defeated in such a way that it is a genuine defeat. In other words, she couldn't have won and she can't try again and get different results. Also it would have to be a defeat that wasn't a moral victory, unlike how she was psuedo-defeated in the soccer match but it essentially gave her the result she liked. Basically, a defeat that shows that she was wrong, she genuinely lost in the situation, she didn't like the result, she was powerless, she has to acknowledge it and she has to change.

For a while I thought Zenkichi might win out eventually over her 'forbidden god mode' in this arc, but then I realized that would be a pointless victory. Medaka in that case could have always powered up and defeated him. I don't think that would shake her world view. It would be like she just let him win, but she still ultimately had control in the situation.

So, if what I think might happen eventually happens, how in the world could anybody compete with Medaka's true abilities? It seems like a technical impossibility.

Last edited by sungreentakeo; 2011-10-28 at 12:07.
Old 2011-10-28, 11:56   Link #5135
urca

Quote:
Ahahahahahaha this shit is hilariously, I'm seriously tempted to troll you just to get more butt hurt responses. These tears they taste so good.

Come one more bro I got my popcorn ready.

on the spoiler pics
Spoiler:
Spoiler for 120:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD84
Spoiler for 120:
Spoiler for 120:

Last edited by urca; 2011-10-28 at 12:07.
urca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 12:06   Link #5136
Lummie

Quote:
For a while I thought Zenkichi might win out eventually over her 'forbidden god mode' in this arc, but then I realized that would be a pointless victory. Medaka in that case could have always powered up and defeated him. I don't think that would shake her world view.
You oughta stop using this term. There's no such thing as a "forbidden god mode" and it's kinda confusing. "Forsaken God mode" is the right term

Spoiler for 120:
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 12:13   Link #5137
sungreentakeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
You oughta stop using this term. There's no such thing as a "forbidden god mode" and it's kinda confusing. "Forsaken God mode" is the right term

Spoiler for 120:
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/medaka...3/c117/19.html

Sorry, I had read it in the scanlation on mangafox and I didn't know.
Old 2011-10-28, 12:23   Link #5138
Lummie

Quote:
Sorry, I had read it in the scanlation on mangafox and I didn't know.
Nah, no prob just passing the correct info.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 12:24   Link #5139
Khalil

Could you all please stop linking to MF, those NOEZ bastards don't deserve the extra traffic.
Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 12:43   Link #5140
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

why does it look like
Spoiler:

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council