AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2011-10-06, 17:06   Link #1
kitten320

My creations

Hey, thought I could start my small thread where I could put up my videos and photoshop stuff.

For now I want to upload this simple sig. I have started a course in Uni and this is my first try at making a sig in photoshop on my own. It looks messy, not exactly what I wanted but better than what I expected
So I guess that's a good thing

I will appraciate any comments and guidlines on how I could improve it. Would be great if someone could help me to find a proffesional text type, similar to mine. Like if it is written by brush.

Spoiler for all signatures:

Spoiler for AMVs:

Spoiler for other videos:

Last edited by kitten320; 2013-05-21 at 09:30.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 18:17   Link #2
Bila
*Graphic Designer

For the frist sig, its really great, much better then my frist. but one thing really bugging me is how the guy is in the wall, like his body is painted in the wall but his head not >: and is really dark on the borders affecting the ilumination of the signature.
Professional text type? like a font or a style? if is a font you can download many types in this site http://www.dafont.com/
nway congratulations its pretty good ~
Old 2011-10-07, 06:59   Link #3
kitten320

Thanks for the link, I will definetly take a look!
Yeh you are right about the face. I was taught that things like this can be corrected using a brush which would make bricks come through but no matter what I do it keeps painting the object in black or white instead of making brick lines come through =/ Any ideas on how I could improve it?
So I basicly need to reduce the darkness on the sides of the sig? Will try!
Thanks for the comment, I really appraciate it!
Old 2011-10-07, 08:48   Link #4
Bila
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Thanks for the link, I will definetly take a look!
Yeh you are right about the face. I was taught that things like this can be corrected using a brush which would make bricks come through but no matter what I do it keeps painting the object in black or white instead of making brick lines come through =/ Any ideas on how I could improve it?
So I basicly need to reduce the darkness on the sides of the sig? Will try!
Thanks for the comment, I really appraciate it!
Huh did you use a brush for the bricks or a stock?, but if the bricks are being in black and white just change the color of the brush or create a new layer, paint it in a black or a orange color and put in Color, i dont know that this will work because i never tried myself, plus just another question what Blend Mode are you using for the render in the wall? This can affect the result a little.
Old 2011-10-07, 11:06   Link #5
kitten320

No I didn't, I found a picture of red brick wall online and then used some levels, selective colour and curve adjustment to make colours and texture stand out a bit.

Do you mean layer mode? I didn't use any on the wall, but I used Hard Light mode for the drawing on a wall and masked out the shape of the image on another layer of the wall where I used Hue/Saturation effect so Greed image would keep more of original colours instead of being red and so that texture would come through more.

Here is a bit changed version, this time lines seems to be appearing through the face, I also reduced the shadow a bit. Hiwever, I'm a bit confused with how upload those new fonts. My photoshop doesn't see them... how do you guys upload them? Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Spoiler for sigs:

Last edited by kitten320; 2011-10-07 at 13:20.
Old 2011-10-07, 13:49   Link #6
Bila
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
No I didn't, I found a picture of red brick wall online and then used some levels, selective colour and curve adjustment to make colours and texture stand out a bit.

Do you mean layer mode? I didn't use any on the wall, but I used Hard Light mode for the drawing on a wall and masked out the shape of the image on another layer of the wall where I used Hue/Saturation effect so Greed image would keep more of original colours instead of being red and so that texture would come through more.

Here is a bit changed version, this time lines seems to be appearing through the face, I also reduced the shadow a bit. Hiwever, I'm a bit confused with how upload those new fonts. My photoshop doesn't see them... how do you guys upload them? Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Spoiler for sigs:
Much better, for the font you're using 7 or Vista right, then just extract the rar, right click the archive and click in the Install button.
Layer Mode is like Overlay, Soft Light etc. The face isnt blending with the wall because white isnt normally affect by some modes, i'm without my computer here so i cant test, just try using a eraser with a low opacity.
Old 2011-10-08, 14:10   Link #7
sleepy504boi

hey that looks great and you got one of my favorite charaters on there too. the texted is the only problem it doesn't match with the feel of the bada$$ pictures
sleepy504boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 15:59   Link #8
kitten320

Yeh, I know. It was hand written, am trying to find a nice font for replacement.

Thanks for the comment, I also like Ling/Greed^^

EDIT: Here is another sig I did as part of my practice:

Last edited by kitten320; 2011-10-12 at 15:32.
Old 2011-11-04, 13:34   Link #9
kitten320

This is my Uni project. We had to rotoscope and I have never done anything like that before so it isn't that good but I think it still works.

P.S. I sometimes will be uploading files in my first post so look up for them
Though they mostly will be old works. Everything new will be posted as a new post.
Old 2012-09-08, 18:41   Link #10
kitten320

Hey everyone! Been a while since I updated this thread. I have posted most of the works in my first post but here is something I'm especially proud of.

This was My Final Project for the 1st year in Uni. Sadly I didn't have enough time to finish it properly but I still like how it came out despite not being finished.

Everything was created fully by me. Chess and environment were created in Maya but all the flashy stuff and editing in AE.

Hope you will like it^^

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

If you are curious, here is how it looked at first though I already edited fire in some scenes. It is also a full version since I had to shorten the one above.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-19, 21:18   Link #11
kitten320

Hey again! Hope to get your attention with this now

It is my 3D tracking project for University. I planned to make a tiny movie but because of a lack of time had to settle on this trailer.

Ninja quality might depend on screen. Hope you'll like it!

Models are based on real ones I have at home!
Old 2013-01-21, 18:17   Link #12
Kerspunkle

Loved your 3D videos! I know it takes a lot of time and effort to do anything in 3D. Er, to do anything animated. I'm not knowledgeable enough to really give you any constructive criticism, but I hope you keep up the good work. I'd like to see you post more if you make more.
Kerspunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 23:38   Link #13
Sky Knight
Darkness Is In All Of Us

I love you're AMVs! I would also love to see more of you're work
Old 2013-01-22, 00:00   Link #14
kitten320

Kerspunkle
Oh yeh, it is hard. And very time consuming especially if you are trying to blend the models with real life environment. Though between 3D and 2D, I think 3D animation is easier
At least there is no way I would ever be able to draw any of that

3D is really getting to me, am thinking of possibly taking some extra courses just for modelling.

LoveHime
Thank you^^
I wish I could create more AMVs but lately all my time is spent on Uni work

Anyway thanks guys, I'll try to update as much as I can

Right now I have 2 projects going on:
1) Music blip-promotion
2) Matte painting

Hope they'll be decent enough to post here
Old 2013-01-22, 02:38   Link #15
Kudryavka

Wow, good animation!
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 02:52   Link #16
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Wow, just wow... it's AWESOME!!!!! You should be a director or something....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 11:00   Link #17
kitten320

Glad you like them guys

I actually was thinking of doing script writing course but went for Visual Effects instead
Old 2013-02-09, 20:28   Link #18
kitten320

Hello everyone, I'm here to entertain you with my new work!
This is another Uni project of mine, no 3D this time though
The style is actually more AMV similar.

We are required to produce at least 5 Blipverts for a band of our choice. I've chose Skillet and this is my first Blipvert for their song Monster.

It still requires some re-attachments but I simply have no time to do them anymore and it doesn't look like I'll be able to do the other 4 same way because of a lack of time

Need to think of something different and fast!

But for now, ENJOY!

By the way, you can find my more professional account here:
https://vimeo.com/user10310627

Youtube is for everything while vimeo is more for my University and future work related stuff
Old 2013-02-20, 19:55   Link #19
kitten320

Hello! This time I would like to share a photo I took recently. I really like how it came out!
Used Photoshop to improve the brightness.

Spoiler for space:

Spoiler for smaller version to see better:

What do you think?
Old 2013-02-25, 17:55   Link #20
kitten320

Me again! I have finished all 5 of my blipverts and here they are. Though after I've re-rendered some of them, their colouring has slightly changed =/

I also had to rush through some of them but over all I'm happy.

Main idea was to keep everything simple in order not to distract viewer with details. Main character is supposed to have no identity and serve as an avatar that everyone could relate to.

I've put quiet a lot of thought in each one so if anyone is interested or feels confused, I can give a description. Me and my tutor also decided that roto person from Monster song didn't really fit with the environment, besides it took too much time to draw them so we decided to paint the rest.

Hope you'll like them! Youtube quality might be a bit off for now since I just uploaded it.

What do you think?
I believe that my crappy art work is actually the reason why they look entertaining