AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2015-04-28, 00:11   Link #1901
John117xCortana

The EU is currently an open slot. So you are pretty much free to potray them however you like. Personally I see them as the sort who care more about getting the job done rather than politics since we don't see them do anything for the sake of politics. Probably because they've done it to each other so much that their tired of it.

Last edited by John117xCortana; 2015-04-28 at 00:55.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-28, 00:28   Link #1902
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Naw, the only salvation for most of ML Earth would be to send down something like the pseudo-borg to assimilate the populous and integrate all the humans' minds into one collective so that everyone can see for themselves just how much political dickery their leaders have done to them. Of course, making Shirogane the "Queen", as he seems the least dickish of all the people there, aside from those who directly associate with him.
Old 2015-04-28, 05:30   Link #1903
Chibiloli

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
The EU is currently an open slot. So you are pretty much free to potray them however you like. Personally I see them as the sort who care more about getting the job done rather than politics since we don't see them do anything for the sake of politics. Probably because they've done it to each other so much that their tired of it.
That I can roll with, although America might try to strongarm them into getting my fleet to do dealings with america, so who owns the space stations? Those will play a crucial role later when a Space Pirate Group gets involved, namely, attacking the docks housing the Alt V ships.

Spoiler for As to why space pirates got involved....:
Old 2015-04-28, 17:56   Link #1904
John117xCortana

As far as I'm aware the space stations in orbit are run primarily by the UN.
Old 2015-04-29, 06:38   Link #1905
Chibiloli

Quote:
As far as I'm aware the space stations in orbit are run primarily by the UN.
I thought the first guys up in space in ML are the Americans and Soviets? Didn't know the UN ran things, I assumed the US and USSR built and ran those things.

And I plan on having a sort of joint exercise between my security and the UN, basically, they pit their own machines in the blue flag exercises, their primary machines being Windams and L Daggers, the former is usually assigned to better pilots while the latter is assigned to the greenshirt equivalents.
Old 2015-04-29, 18:53   Link #1906
John117xCortana

I don't think mobile suits would fare well against TSFs. At least in the atmosphere. In space......
Old 2015-04-30, 02:19   Link #1907
Chibiloli

They are advanced enough that their MS movements are more fluid and humanlike, they use the same technology found on the niue Zuiel to move their MS around, a combination of both brainwaves and conventional key input, besides, their movements are similar to Matrix!Strike.
Old 2015-04-30, 11:22   Link #1908
John117xCortana

Can they achieve sustained flight on their own power?

Not to mention TSFs through the use of Mount Pylons can carry up to 6 Assault Cannons ( six 36mm cannons and six 120mm cannons).
Old 2015-05-01, 19:32   Link #1909
GrrDraxin

Or one EML-99X Railgun with an ammo cartridge of no less than 3,000 rounds.

Last edited by GrrDraxin; 2015-05-01 at 20:05.
GrrDraxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-01, 20:37   Link #1910
Chibiloli

Those particular models can use jet striker packs, and as for the railgun bit, mega bazooka launchers.
Old 2015-05-02, 09:21   Link #1911
GrrDraxin

Actually, the thing I would do when approaching the ML Earth would be to stealth or cloak and then tap and monitor all radio transmissions from the planet, including transmissions made by private parties within the factions on earth. Also this includes decrypting secret transmissions and even sending down away teams to place monitoring taps on wired communication systems as well.

If your "starfleet" has access to the personal cloaking suits that were used in the beginning of the Star Trek Insurrection movie to move about without anyone noticing them, then it will make things interesting, and let your commander know who would be best to approach for first contact and who to help.
Old 2015-05-03, 00:11   Link #1912
Chibiloli

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Actually, the thing I would do when approaching the ML Earth would be to stealth or cloak and then tap and monitor all radio transmissions from the planet, including transmissions made by private parties within the factions on earth. Also this includes decrypting secret transmissions and even sending down away teams to place monitoring taps on wired communication systems as well.

If your "starfleet" has access to the personal cloaking suits that were used in the beginning of the Star Trek Insurrection movie to move about without anyone noticing them, then it will make things interesting, and let your commander know who would be best to approach for first contact and who to help.
Hmm, good idea, will do then, and wpuldn't 32mm shells be useless against MS armor? You need at least 60mm to do any serious damage.
Old 2015-05-03, 10:05   Link #1913
John117xCortana

MS armor isn't very consistent in what it can resist.
Old 2015-05-04, 07:50   Link #1914
Chibiloli

Quote:
MS armor isn't very consistent in what it can resist.
I'm just rolling with the games on what damages MS armor the most, 60mm's do a fair amount if quite small, I'm also wondering on the differences in size and weight of TSF's compared to an MS, MS I know are quite heavy, whereas TSF's don't exactly look like heavyweight contenders.
Old 2015-05-04, 09:28   Link #1915
GrrDraxin

Sizes and weights of TSFs and MSs probably vary with the models and materials. You may likely find such information on the respective wikis on Wikia, depending on how much detail the contributors put in. I wouldn't know about specifics like "Gundanium" of the "G-elements", but I'm sure someone took the time to narrow down appropriate approximates for any given thing from whatever sources you're pulling from. Google is your friend with this.
Old 2015-05-04, 09:36   Link #1916
John117xCortana

Here. This shows just how useful Gundam tech is in Muv Luv.

http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/User_bl...Tip:_Gundam%3F
Old 2015-05-04, 20:01   Link #1917
Chibiloli

The whole excercise was never about fighting BETA though, why spend MS to fight an Alien Horde when you can simply use orbital bombardment? The whole point of teaching the ML universe how to fight MS is to prepare them in case of attacks from their universe, slavers might see ML earth to be a ripe target, plus, things already got hairy enough in my verse since The power blocs recently fell and now my characters are declared fugitives, The Anti-MS training would come in handy about now, so, thanks for everything guys, unless you have some more ideas how TSF and MS tech can mix it up, I think I'm done here.
Old 2015-05-04, 21:05   Link #1918
John117xCortana

Laser class BETA have shown the ability to even hit targets in low orbit.

Low Earth Orbit is 2000km. Maximum Medium Earth Orbit would be 35786km.

Orbital bombardment is not practical for Muv Luv because they have no practical means to do so. They can possibly make a Kinetic Strike Weapon platform to do orbital bombardment but the projectile would need to move very fast. It takes 3 seconds for a Laser class to aquire a target and eliminate it. Logically the projectile would need to cover the distance and to the target within those 3 seconds. But at that point the sheer kinetic energy would be too powerful.

Directed Energy Weapons is still an open slot though.
Old 2015-05-05, 08:33   Link #1919
Chibiloli

Quote:
Laser class BETA have shown the ability to even hit targets in low orbit.

Low Earth Orbit is 2000km. Maximum Medium Earth Orbit would be 35786km.

Orbital bombardment is not practical for Muv Luv because they have no practical means to do so. They can possibly make a Kinetic Strike Weapon platform to do orbital bombardment but the projectile would need to move very fast. It takes 3 seconds for a Laser class to aquire a target and eliminate it. Logically the projectile would need to cover the distance and to the target within those 3 seconds. But at that point the sheer kinetic energy would be too powerful.

Directed Energy Weapons is still an open slot though.
My guys mainly fired bolts of plasma at them, they essentially glassed the Hives.
Old 2015-05-05, 08:47   Link #1920
John117xCortana

Plasma bolts are immune to lasers?

Tags
fanfiction, harem