AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-11-17, 17:24   Link #19301
lazyfr3ak

Hello all

Ive been following the previews of the soon to be released
MG 00QT. Can some one confirm if it comme with the GN
Drive or Not? Because i see in the previews that there is an
Order form to acquirent the GN drive. Can someone clarify this?
Thanks

Last edited by lazyfr3ak; 2010-11-17 at 17:25. Reason: Misspell
lazyfr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 20:14   Link #19302
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyfr3ak View Post
Hello all

Ive been following the previews of the soon to be released
MG 00QT. Can some one confirm if it comme with the GN
Drive or Not? Because i see in the previews that there is an
Order form to acquirent the GN drive. Can someone clarify this?
Thanks
00-Q comes with the GN Drive. The order form is for the LED units to light up the GN Drive. It's not applicable to most of us, since it's for Japanese use only.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 20:23   Link #19303
lazyfr3ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWarrior View Post
00-Q comes with the GN Drive. The order form is for the LED units to light up the GN Drive. It's not applicable to most of us, since it's for Japanese use only.
Thanks for the answer. did anyone see and compared the GN drive (with LED unit) construction of Exia vs 00QT on thier respective manuals? They look very similar. i wonder if you can you the exia LED unit to be put on the 00QT.....

Take a look for yourself...
Old 2010-11-17, 21:14   Link #19304
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyfr3ak View Post
Thanks for the answer. did anyone see and compared the GN drive (with LED unit) construction of Exia vs 00QT on thier respective manuals? They look very similar. i wonder if you can you the exia LED unit to be put on the 00QT.....
The LED's used on the MG 00 Qan[T] are identical to the one used on the MG Exia and MG GN-X, only the GN Drive housing is different. So if you have an MG Exia with the LED you can simply transfer the LED unit to the MG 00Q's unit. AFAIK the same LED units are also available with the 1/100 Designer's Colors version of the S2 Gundams (Cherudim, Arios, Seravee), so if you have any of those kits you can use the LED's from them.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 21:43   Link #19305
Dynamite

OK. Imma just leave this link here then...I guess.

My Gunpla sale page.
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 21:56   Link #19306
lazyfr3ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The LED's used on the MG 00 Qan[T] are identical to the one used on the MG Exia and MG GN-X, only the GN Drive housing is different. So if you have an MG Exia with the LED you can simply transfer the LED unit to the MG 00Q's unit. AFAIK the same LED units are also available with the 1/100 Designer's Colors version of the S2 Gundams (Cherudim, Arios, Seravee), so if you have any of those kits you can use the LED's from them.
Thank you LoweGear
Old 2010-11-18, 04:09   Link #19307
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Hobby no Toriko review of the MG 00 Qan[T]

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2010-11-18, 06:04   Link #19308
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
It's so BEAUTIFUL! The moment it is in stock in my local hobby shop, I'll immediately buy it. Though why does it feel like it's shouting out that there will be a more complete version of it will be released soon.
Chiu_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 06:45   Link #19309
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
It's so BEAUTIFUL! The moment it is in stock in my local hobby shop, I'll immediately buy it. Though why does it feel like it's shouting out that there will be a more complete version of it will be released soon.
Yup, it's not just you. I was planning on making the MG 00 Qan[T] a first day release (once it arrives here in the Philippines anyhow), but I'm feeling the same trepidation from it that's mentally preventing me from buying an HG Zabanya and HG Harute: I just feel like they're dropping hints at releasing a more complete version of the MG, like the fact that the Quantum Burst gimmick for the arms and the legs are not mentioned on the manual despite them being present.

Maybe I'll wait a couple of months and see whether they do throw a curveball on us regarding the MG. In the meanwhile, let me just be jealous at the people already getting the kit

Old 2010-11-18, 07:29   Link #19310
Lee Linjun
Lee Lee Lee!!!

Question

So thats just a bad MG? Thats mean fans must wait until the next MG of QANT?
Lee Linjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 07:33   Link #19311
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Damn near the finest thing I've ever seen!
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 08:41   Link #19312
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Linjun View Post
It's not that it's bad, but rather it seems like they're planning a special version of the MG 00 Qan[T] for later. After MG main chara releases that saw special sets like the Strike Freedom Full Burst, Destiny Extreme Blast, Exia Ignition and the Unicorn HD, it seems strangely suspicious that the MG 00 Qan[T] is only getting a 'vanilla' set now.

Old 2010-11-18, 08:49   Link #19313
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Yup, it's not just you. I was planning on making the MG 00 Qan[T] a first day release (once it arrives here in the Philippines anyhow), but I'm feeling the same trepidation from it that's mentally preventing me from buying an HG Zabanya and HG Harute: I just feel like they're dropping hints at releasing a more complete version of the MG, like the fact that the Quantum Burst gimmick for the arms and the legs are not mentioned on the manual despite them being present.

Maybe I'll wait a couple of months and see whether they do throw a curveball on us regarding the MG. In the meanwhile, let me just be jealous at the people already getting the kit
I feel the same way too. I keep on pressuring myself not to buy anything else just to buy that MG(except for paint and other stuff I need for the kits). On another note, so you also live in the Philippines huh? Where do you buy your kits? I get mine at my local hobbyshop or at greattoysonline.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Linjun View Post
It's not a bad MG, actually it looks great on those reviews; it's just that this may just be another one evil marketing strategy being pulled off by BANDAI where the release the "normal" version pf the kit then suddenly announcing a better more "complete" version of the kit.
Old 2010-11-18, 09:04   Link #19314
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
On another note, so you also live in the Philippines huh? Where do you buy your kits? I get mine at my local hobbyshop or at greattoysonline.com.
I get all of my Gunpla from Best Toys on the 3rd floor of V-Mall, Greenhills. They not only have the largest selection of Gunpla I've seen in any store I've seen here, but they get kits unusually fast for a 'brick & mortar' outlet - they once had the HGUC ZZ in stock only two weeks after its release date, where most other stores like Special Toy Center or Toy Kingdom get the kits after a couple of months or more, and when I went last week they also have the MG ReZEL and HGUC Delta Plus in stock with the HGUC Sinanju to arrive sometime this week or the next. Which also means they're the best place to get the latest in Gunpla and other model kits from Japan. They even have the 1/72 Macross Frontier kits including the Itasha versions

It's the best option I have given my lack of ability to order stuff online

Old 2010-11-18, 09:29   Link #19315
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
I get all of my Gunpla from Best Toys on the 3rd floor of V-Mall, Greenhills. They not only have the largest selection of Gunpla I've seen in any store I've seen here, but they get kits unusually fast for a 'brick & mortar' outlet - they once had the HGUC ZZ in stock only two weeks after its release date, where most other stores like Special Toy Center or Toy Kingdom get the kits after a couple of months or more, and when I went last week they also have the MG ReZEL and HGUC Delta Plus in stock with the HGUC Sinanju to arrive sometime this week or the next. Which also means they're the best place to get the latest in Gunpla and other model kits from Japan.

It's the best option I have given my lack of ability to order stuff online
I've recently been there and compared the prices of the kits sold in greattoysonline.com and Best Toys, Best Toys is cheaper though I did spot the clear color version of the 00Q which was sold in the movie's premier is being sold at greattoys, has a larger selection and also as quick/quicker.

Quote:
They even have the 1/72 Macross Frontier kits including the Itasha versions
I know but the price tag was

Well, back on modeling, what do you guys use for painting small details like the eyes of a Gundam when you don't have the markers?; What grits of sandpaper would you recommend?; And lastly, what materials would I need when I want to make a copy of a part/equipment?
Old 2010-11-18, 09:46   Link #19316
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Two more reviews of the MG 00 Qan[T]

Hacchaka Review
Taka421 Review

Generally good it looks like, though regarding the Hacchaka review:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Translation by Murra
Pretty much says that the bits connect to the shield so tightly that if you're not careful when taking them off you may end up breaking it. Though he adds that they still do fit on firmly enough anyway.
So yeah, caution advised.

Quote:
I know but the price tag was
The Macross Frontier 1/72's in general definitely are

Old 2010-11-18, 10:38   Link #19317
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

uh, too bad I can't read japanese so according to those review, MG 00 Quanta was worth buying right?

already PO it though...
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 11:50   Link #19318
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Those who have not yet succumbed to the omnipotence of Robot Damashii, observe: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/type97/20101118#p1
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 13:48   Link #19319
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

MG 00Q looks amazing, but I'll wait awhile before buying it. Speculation of a special version for it has made me nervous. Don't want a repeat of the HD Unicorn situation again.

And I just finished building my Delta Plus (which I ran out and bought after seeing it on the EP3 PV). A really solid kit. I mean, it's a transforming Hyaku Shiki! And the waverider mode looks better than anything else I've seen including the Zeta. Can't wait to see it in action next year.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 14:45   Link #19320
pikachuwei

i see its got the same type of leg attachments as MG exia...

the MG exia which has the godamm loosest floppy leg attachments ever QQ

mine is currently just holding together with blutack

and i still dont see the beam gun in the shield...

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy