AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-25, 02:40   Link #1221
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But if you think about it, Aladdin's mission really isn't to stop the destruction. It is to make sure that the destruction does not come to pass. Personally I think he's buying time.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 02:47   Link #1222
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Because he created them.
Even if it's true, what right does a "creator" have over his creations? Are we our parents' slaves?

Quote:
Who do you think gave Aladdin his mission, btw?
My point exactly. If he wanted him to follow silly rules, he should have stated them clearly.

Quote:
It seems to be common knowledge at least amount magicians.
"Common knowledge" isn't the same thing as "right". Especially when it's otherwise baseless.

Quote:
As for Ugo, he never really told Aladdin anything, instead leaving him to learn on his own. You know this.
Yes, and? It's obvious there are things Aladdin has to learn. I doubt that "follow every rumored rule without a second thought" is one of them.

Quote:
Spoiler for new chapter:
It's a stopgap measure.

Quote:
People isn't going to change just because you force them to change. And that's provided Reim is really going to retreat, which I doubt. No one likes to be put down like that. Aladdin's not creating peace by doing this, just resentment.
Yeah, And Reme's army slaughtering or enslaving everyone wouldn't do that at all.

Quote:
That's what I liked about the Balbadd arc so much. Alibaba managed to turn the tables in his country without forcing his views on the people. He didn't even force Kougyoku to accept his proposition either. Of course, Aladdin's position isn't as favorable as Alibaba's that time. But I always thought Balbadd was a presedent about how you can't never achieve a real change by force. I mean, you can fight the big baddies and such, but the people won't accept your views just because you're powerful.
The fact that Sinbad's the one who settled things with the Kou Empire undermines your Balbad example... Especially when it comes to conflicts between nations.

No, Aladdin hasn't solved anything. Reme has legitimate grievances against Magnostadt, that haven't been addressed. Likewise, the magicians have good reasons to want to stay independent. And alive. But if they want to solve anything in an acceptable manner, they're going to have to negotiate, which isn't going to happen as long as Reme believes it can take anything it wants for cheap by force of arms.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 03:51   Link #1223
Awrya
U mad?

Just read 175.

What Mu said this and last chapter, it really makes you think if Scheherazade is a magi. Something that neither Scheherazade or Mogamett can do, and Aladdin just hits the reset button.

For the next chapter, Mu will probably go Full Djinn equip and fight against Aladdin. I don't think he has that much magoi left after using Barbatos' power, so when he does Djinn equip, he'll use more magoi than he has and fight to the death.
Aladdin will have to fight to save him (knock him out to stop Djinn equip), will have trouble and that's where Alibaba comes in.
Old 2013-02-25, 04:07   Link #1224
Xacual

I'm still wondering when that one Kou prince will finally join the party. Didn't he say he wouldn't sit by before all this started?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 04:21   Link #1225
Mord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Because he created them. Who do you think gave Aladdin his mission, btw?
If I remember right, Solomon didn't create the Magi but instead he was the first king chosen by the first Magi.
Mord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 05:42   Link #1226
erdii

ı think you are forgetting that aladdin is just a kid and inexperienced. despite that for me he did the right thing. ı mean even 200 hundred year-old bitch couldn't find a solution other than war. expecting an answer from him, Mu should be ashamed of himself to force a kid made a decision an adult should make. well for me Aladdin did the right thing rather than sitting down and wathing everything.
Old 2013-02-25, 07:17   Link #1227
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Just read Sinbad's side story chinese scan. Yunan is hilarious!
Old 2013-02-25, 10:46   Link #1228
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I'm still wondering when that one Kou prince will finally join the party. Didn't he say he wouldn't sit by before all this started?
Because he want to take down both Reim and Magnosutadt. There's a Chinese Idiom: "Sitting on a Hill Watching Tigers Fight". It mean watching in safely while others fight, then reaping the spoils when both sides suffer. Kou Empire is based on Imperial China so this just fits perfectly. I'm pretty sure that Ren Kouha will show up once Mu depleted his magoi after fighting Aladdin.

No chapter next week...2 more weeks for Mu's Djinn full equip.
Old 2013-02-25, 11:51   Link #1229
Diveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Just read 175.

What Mu said this and last chapter, it really makes you think if Scheherazade is a magi. Something that neither Scheherazade or Mogamett can do, and Aladdin just hits the reset button.
I think it's more on the lines of neither Loli-magi or Moga wanted to lose the war and victory was the only thing they were concerned about.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 12:15   Link #1230
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
ı think you are forgetting that aladdin is just a kid and inexperienced. despite that for me he did the right thing. ı mean even 200 hundred year-old bitch couldn't find a solution other than war. expecting an answer from him, Mu should be ashamed of himself to force a kid made a decision an adult should make. well for me Aladdin did the right thing rather than sitting down and wathing everything.
Well she is the one that declared war on them for not giving back Titus. Plus saw them as treat to her precious Riem seeing how magical items where coming into Riem. As for Mu I really don't think he cares that a kid made a decision. He only cares for the orders of lolimagi and seeing them through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
Just read Sinbad's side story chinese scan. Yunan is hilarious!
Is it true that
Spoiler for Sinbad side story:

Also its funny that even if Aladdin said he undone what Riem has done he has forgotten the piles of died bodies on both sides. I can't but think that some of the magicians in this chapter could well be upset that Aladdin didn't kill the Riem solders.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 14:57   Link #1231
marvelB

BTW, it looks like there's no chapter next week, so that just leaves us an extra week of moral ambiguity debating until then!

Anyways, looking at the last page there, it seems that Mu has a plan to counter Aladdin's sand trap with his vessel. And so I assume that means that the cycle of both warring parties one-upping each other will continue without end until yet another outside party (Kou) comes along to break the equilibrium.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 23:32   Link #1232
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, it looks like there's no chapter next week, so that just leaves us an extra week of moral ambiguity debating until then!

Anyways, looking at the last page there, it seems that Mu has a plan to counter Aladdin's sand trap with his vessel. And so I assume that means that the cycle of both warring parties one-upping each other will continue without end until yet another outside party (Kou) comes along to break the equilibrium.....

No, I think Mu will attempt to take out Aladdin since Barbatos is a Djinn with Strength magic not gravity magic. After all, Reim's biggest obstacle right now is Aladdin. Without Aladdin, the Fanalis Corp would have pierced through the second barrier and killed all the mages on the battlefield 2 chapters ago.

I also suspect that Alibaba will not show up until Ren Kouha make his appearance. The good guys need one last trump card to counter the Kou Empire's threat after all.
Old 2013-03-02, 11:25   Link #1233
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post

Also its funny that even if Aladdin said he undone what Riem has done he has forgotten the piles of died bodies on both sides. I can't but think that some of the magicians in this chapter could well be upset that Aladdin didn't kill the Riem solders.
Good point, I think Aladdin has somehow managed to piss everyone of if that was the case

On a side note, that last panel is the first time I've ever seen anything other than cold determination on Mu's face, he REALLY must not want to use his full djinn equip.

I'm betting his Djinn Equip is of the self-destructive variety, like Masrur's household vessel but on a more extreme level
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 20:45   Link #1234
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Good point, I think Aladdin has somehow managed to piss everyone of if that was the case

On a side note, that last panel is the first time I've ever seen anything other than cold determination on Mu's face, he REALLY must not want to use his full djinn equip.

I'm betting his Djinn Equip is of the self-destructive variety, like Masrur's household vessel but on a more extreme level
How much magoi can a half-blood Fanalis have ? If Alibaba - a well rounded character with balanced HP/MP couldn't equip his Djinn for more than 15mins then I think Mu won't be able to do it more than 5-10 mins. His opponent is a Magi with top class defense ( Borg ) and near infinite Magoi ( As long as he still has enough stamina to use them ), I would say using Full Djinn Equip is a desperate measure to him.
Old 2013-03-09, 14:46   Link #1235
konart

Spoiler for 176:
Old 2013-03-09, 14:54   Link #1236
marvelB

Spoiler for Magi 176:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 05:25   Link #1237
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Spoiler for ch.176:
Old 2013-03-10, 14:16   Link #1238
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 14:56   Link #1239
XFire
150% done

Alibaba stops a sword the size of a skyscraper, without Full Djinn Equip. Exactly how powerful is Amon's sword anyway?
Old 2013-03-10, 15:12   Link #1240
Awrya
U mad?

So Mu has a time limit of less than a minute? And here I thought Alibaba's magoi was really low compared to other Dungeon Conquerors.
I wasn't really sure what type of power Barbatos gives. At first I thought it was wind or sound when the households were activated, but after this chapter, it uses the 7th type, power type.

Surprised the Bolg can be distorted to increase defence, if Aladdin could do it, why didn't the fodder magicians use it against the household vessels?
Really surprised how Aladdin used his short staff against Mu's long spear, it's kinda obvious which has the better chance of winning.
Aladdin's declaration about not letting a single life return to the rukh didn't come true, looks like dozens got killed in Mu's attack.

Alibaba to the rescue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Alibaba stops a sword the size of a skyscraper, without Full Djinn Equip. Exactly how powerful is Amon's sword anyway?
Guess Mu just barely stopped his swing and thus stopping his magic. Given Alibaba's speech, it looks like they knew each other's Djinn and ability to a certain extent, Mu might even have revealed the 'secret' about the eight pointed star himself. So Alibaba didn't stop Mu using force, rather he forced Mu to stop his attack if he wanted to keep Barbatos.

Hope next chapter will be a face-to-face talk (skype talk, the magician way) between Mogamett, Scheherazade and Aladdin, with Titus, Mu and Alibaba in attendance.

Edit: Alibaba must be a world champion in long distance running, given how quickly he got to Aladdin. Unless he started running since the beginning of the war and arrived just now...

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen