AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2006-04-28, 06:33   Link #1
Ebony

My pre-Work

I'm new here and this forum seems to be very nice! I would like to get some help on my sketches, studies etc. here.

Please tell me whether you think there is something wrong so I can correct it before inking.
The snail is something like a super creature, I have tried to make it look a bit more humanly adding something like a mouth and that kind of eyes. Sorry for the strong saturation, but I wanted to make sure that you see the background elements, too.

Spoiler:
Ebony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 23:57   Link #2
Kragen

you did a real good job on the had try to darken it in a bit more so we can see all the detail
Kragen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 13:48   Link #3
Ebony

Ok, so I have tried to darken it a bit more, but I think it hasn't work. But hopefully you are able to see the general elements in fore- and background.
If I would ink it you would be able to see the details, but I'm afraid that there is still something wrong with the composition or the pose of the hand. I wouldn't be able to correct this after I do the lines.

Spoiler:
Ebony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 07:26   Link #4
laphingman
Story writer for hire

very well done nuf said
laphingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 16:53   Link #5
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
If I would ink it you would be able to see the details, but I'm afraid that there is still something wrong with the composition or the pose of the hand. I wouldn't be able to correct this after I do the lines.
Use tracing paper

And the only thing I can tell it's a bit odd-looking is the fourth finger in the hand, the one next to the pinky (Of which I don't know the name). It doesn't look that natural being higher up than the middle one.

Or maybe I just can't express myself anymore.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 22:01   Link #6
x_Kamari

wow you draw really good...o.o
x_Kamari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 22:21   Link #7
Soluzar

Send a message via AIM to Soluzar Send a message via MSN to Soluzar Send a message via Yahoo to Soluzar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara
Use tracing paper

And the only thing I can tell it's a bit odd-looking is the fourth finger in the hand, the one next to the pinky (Of which I don't know the name). It doesn't look that natural being higher up than the middle one.
Agreed. My hands won't do that, no matter how much I try. I suggest the character raise his first two fingers, or none at all. More natural. It's lovely work for all that, though.
Soluzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 14:13   Link #8
camathalion

agree with soluzar
camathalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 01:34   Link #9
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang

I think you did a great job on the hand- one of the more realistic hand close-up that I've seen in a while. The pinky is bending at an unnatural angle with the rest of the digits relatively flat, though. If the pinky is to bend like that, then the ring finger would be slightly raised, too. I think the pinky should be drawn in a more relaxed way.

On a side note, this is more of an extraneous anatomical thing, but snails have two pairs of stalks.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote