AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-02-13, 17:34   Link #1
Rurik
Golden

What Anime you would like to see as a live action movie?

Well, The title say it all, yet it is true that most of anime series would be almost imposible to Tranlaste into a movie, still, it would be cool if You could see it a Full motion picture of any of your favorites anime, or even anime that you think that would be better than “that movie” that looks much alike a specific anime.

Well Here is my list (Sorry if any of This has been already made a real live motio picture).

Cowboy Bebop: Every time I rewatch this series, I toough myself of How cool it would be as a live action movie, the concept is very simple and I think is it wel made it would be an instant hit, Sort of like a Type of movie like “Blade Runer”. IMO this could make the perfect movie.

Ruroini Kenshin and Samuray Shanmploo: Every time I see a Samuray movie (including Last of the Samuray) I only think of how this two will be as a live action movie…Even by showing me Keshin first OVA a can die in peace. But My Movie would be Zatoichi stile..lots of blood and Gore….!

Other mentions are Hellsing, Ful Metal Panic and Ghost in the Shell (another Blade Runer type of movie).

Hope you enyoy this thread!

Last edited by Rurik; 2006-02-13 at 18:04.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 19:18   Link #2
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

For Japanese filmed movies, I've always wanted to see a live version of Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. I'm not very big on Japanese live stuff so the list ends there.

For north american films (coming with all the massive budgets thereof) I'd love to see a Full Metal Panic movie, an Elfen Lied movie and a Scrapped Princess movie.

Of course, cramming those stories into a movie would be hell, so I'll use a rule of assuming they're sequel/prequel/whatever standalone movies with the writing done in Japan and the filing/acting/effects done in the west.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 19:46   Link #3
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Probably about the only series would be Twelve Kingdoms, and then only because it's already a very realistic style of series (character designs and such, no really big moe-style eyes and the like). And it would have to be a high-budget series, with maybe 4 or 5 seasons at 20 episodes each to fit everything in. As a movie? No chance.

Other than that, I have no interest in live action anime -> movie conversions. I watch anime for the cutesie moe-ness (well, that's one of the reasons anyway,not the only one), and that's something that is lost in live action.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 21:31   Link #4
lemondude
"super lemon"

none, japaness people can't make good movies, US is the only place for movie making.
Japan should stick to anime.
lemondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 22:31   Link #5
Gaia
ROW! ROW! FIGHT DA POWAH!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemondude
none, japaness people can't make good movies, US is the only place for movie making.
Japan should stick to anime.
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children is also a movie I dont think, that any other country could make such CG Movies better, than japan.
I just finished Densha Otoko... It was "just" a series but I never thought, that series like these could ever be produced in japan, since I used to know trash cinema only. I started to love this series, after the first 15 minutes, cause it hasnt looked like a cheap production and was full of various genres and excellent actors... Comedy, Action, Drama, Love, etc. Why not other japanese real movies/series?

@Topic: I'd like to see a Record of Lodoss War Live Action. I grew up with this series and it's a fantasy world, I wish I'd life in. Well, the feelings that RoLW is giving me are indescribably.

Aesir
Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 22:46   Link #6
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

I've thought about this before, although I was considering series that can be made into real life movies in a feasible manner.

In that case, either Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien or Hajime no Ippo.
Onibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 23:15   Link #7
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Well Evangelion is becoming a live action movie.

I'd like to see FMA live action, if done well it would be neat.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 23:22   Link #8
Swann

I'm not too big on the live action from anime idea but some shows I would definitely watch - mind you, well cast and directed, are

Kite (Director's Cut of course)
Perfect Blue
Magnetic Rose (the first short from Memories)
Maria-sama ga Miteru staring the entire crew of Morning Musume

The first three should really be done by the korean studios not the japanese. Get the director of Old Boys or A Tale of Two Sisters.
Swann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 00:00   Link #9
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm not usually entranced with live-action conversions of anime/cartoons/comics but it *can* be done well with the right respect of the source material (X-men, Spiderman, etc). Films like Matrix, Underworld, the upcoming Ultraviolet, and such show you can definitely capture the *style* of some kinds of anime.

We'll see what they do with Honey & Clover before I get too excited about the concept.
Old 2006-02-14, 00:14   Link #10
Aristophanes
I have returned

Send a message via MSN to Aristophanes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Well, The title say it all, yet it is true that most of anime series would be almost imposible to Tranlaste into a movie, still, it would be cool if You could see it a Full motion picture of any of your favorites anime, or even anime that you think that would be better than “that movie” that looks much alike a specific anime.

Well Here is my list (Sorry if any of This has been already made a real live motio picture).

Cowboy Bebop: Every time I rewatch this series, I toough myself of How cool it would be as a live action movie, the concept is very simple and I think is it wel made it would be an instant hit, Sort of like a Type of movie like “Blade Runer”. IMO this could make the perfect movie.

Ruroini Kenshin and Samuray Shanmploo: Every time I see a Samuray movie (including Last of the Samuray) I only think of how this two will be as a live action movie…Even by showing me Keshin first OVA a can die in peace. But My Movie would be Zatoichi stile..lots of blood and Gore….!

Other mentions are Hellsing, Ful Metal Panic and Ghost in the Shell (another Blade Runer type of movie).

Hope you enyoy this thread!
Lol, live-action would just ruin my favourite anime, just as the Harry potter movies ruined the books for me.
Aristophanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 00:31   Link #11
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Cowboy Bebop could make a good movie if used properly like i wouldnt wana see to much sci-fi space planet visiting stuff, more of the characters relationships.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 08:46   Link #12
DaFool
Resident devil

I'd really like to see a Live-Action Agent Aika and Najica complete with Live-Action panty shots.

A Live-Action Divergence Eve would be nice also. But then women's groups would kill the project before it would even get off the ground.

Similar to what Radiosity said, I like cute. That's why I like anime....it's best when animated. Animation is more expensive than live-action on a per-process basis...and this isn't just pertaining to CGI animation...what makes live-action more expensive is because it has more respect and the big-budget actors. When you make something live-action, you lose some of the charm.

Nevertheless, I still await the live-action EVA and live-action Saikano and live-action Mushishi

edit: I just realized...harem animes...one of my favorite genres...are not live-actionable. That's why there are so many harem animes...otherwise we'd see more harem k-dramas and j-dramas...but what you often see are shoujo. When they make harem live-action dramas (note I'm not talking love triangles here...I'm talking real honest-to-goodness harems) then we'd see less of these crap harem animes...and more crap dramas :P

Last edited by DaFool; 2006-02-14 at 09:55.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 09:17   Link #13
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristophanes
Lol, live-action would just ruin my favourite anime, just as the Harry potter movies ruined the books for me.
Everything depends...Look at Lord Of The Rings adaptation...I think everything really depends on the determination they put on the film, and you don’t have to think something to complicated either, for Example a Live action Naruto movie, you would not try to cram, Everything, From Akatsuki, to the Uchiha Massacre, etc…or like that Creepy Dragon Ball Z movie, they tried to cram like 50 episodes In it. It just a normal Picture with Principal characters introduction, Plot, and end, leaving opening for a sequel.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 11:47   Link #14
CaiSter21

hmm, since Saikano is getting its own live action movie, why not KGNE!!!
YAY!!!
a real live version of Mitsuki!!!

and you cant forget Akane!!!
CaiSter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 13:30   Link #15
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

i like to see his and her circumstances make to an live action ,which its quite reailty to make it and for low cost

ichigo 100%, right from last yr , keep hearing rumour that its gonna make into an live action and the character had been decided..but as for that .until now i still haven get any lastest news out of it..
friendshipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 20:00   Link #16
ultrataro

LOL. I can just imagine the headache the Director & camera people would have working out all the riging, camera angles and choreography for that! It would certainly be interesting. And i think it could be done in Japan.

You know, you bring up an interesing idea with harem. I'm kind of surprised I haven't seen that. On further though though, it's a market thing. A big share of anime market is the young male where harem aims squarely at. L/A targets a wider older market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
I'd really like to see a Live-Action Agent Aika and Najica complete with Live-Action panty shots.

SNIP

edit: I just realized...harem animes...one of my favorite genres...are not live-actionable. That's why there are so many harem animes...otherwise we'd see more harem k-dramas and j-dramas...but what you often see are shoujo. When they make harem live-action dramas (note I'm not talking love triangles here...I'm talking real honest-to-goodness harems) then we'd see less of these crap harem animes...and more crap dramas :P
ultrataro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 21:31   Link #17
horndogbuddhist

Send a message via AIM to horndogbuddhist Send a message via Yahoo to horndogbuddhist
I would have to say DEFINTLY Cowboy Bebop...would be one or Beserk....that would defintly be real interesting to see....
horndogbuddhist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 09:27   Link #18
SlugZilla
woofles

MOVIE:
Jigoku Shoujo - This would be a relatively simple adaptation, but I think a live action would be better than the anime if they could make it at least scary.

DRAMA:
Akagi - C'mon Oguri Shun would make a great Akagi, and this series would be one of the easiest adaptations to live action.

Yakitate Japan - The toughest part should be doing the reactions, but the rest should be easy.

Mobile Suit Gundam - Kimutaku as Char and Tsumabuki as Amuro, and with some incredible CG this might not flop?
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 09:49   Link #19
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristophanes
The first 2 Harry Potter movies were good, 3rd was OK (they cut off 1 quidditch game), the latest one was horrendous.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 11:16   Link #20
lavielove

I love to see "Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora" with Yuko Ogura 小倉優子 as a Rika in there (^_^||)
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote