AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like Orihime?
I liked her before... 50 5.66%
I love her! 208 23.53%
I like her. 190 21.49%
Don't really like her, don't really hate her. 190 21.49%
I dislike her.. 87 9.84%
I HATE HER. 143 16.18%
Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-16, 16:38   Link #81
Animecentred

Orihime is probably the best charater in Bleach, not only because of her cute weirdness but mainly because her power's are awesome (i will admit the healing is getting old) the ability to reject fate kicks ass. Her character will evolve more when Tatsuki dies again and no ones there to save her.
Old 2007-11-17, 08:34   Link #82
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I hate before ...But now I kinda Like her ...
well she is alone no family..but she have her friends ...
and her six spirits looks cute....
Old 2007-11-17, 08:37   Link #83
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post

well me too actually, she has no will of her own because a lot of people she cared for died, so she developes this inferiority complex.
Old 2007-11-18, 16:15   Link #84
Arthas1011
Bring on the blood mortal

I aint against orihime but I admit that I like the rukia loving ichigo idea since they fought the first time they talked to one another
Old 2007-11-18, 16:53   Link #85
Elegant Destruction
Philosophical as Ever

I think the main, 'i hate orihime/rukia' simply stems from whom fans want ichigo to end up with. If there was no romance in this manga, i don't think anyone would care as half as much as they do now.

I am honestly a ichiruki fan, and enjoy that pairing, but i do find orihime, while the less interesting of the two girls, someone that is nonetheless engaging to watch.

Orihime is by first appearence, a dumb blond but with a good heart. But she is obviously showing signs of further strength than that, and the fact that she tends to act according to other peoples feelings *she doesn't want them to hurt, so she thinks of the best way where they will be in the least pain* indicates a sense of honour within her.

However, that doesn't change the fact that we the audience hardly know her. Do not mistake me, we know her past, her crush, her best friend, but then.... ? We sort of draw a blank on how to describe her as her. We can only really describe her through what other characters see her, it is almost like she got no sense of self.

Most people would immediately say that Rukia is a character full of contradictions, a fragile body, but a strong mind and will, she is noble and elegant one minute, but brash and crude the next, hot tempered and calm.

Orihime is...? i don't know, dream land? goes to fantasy worlds? caring and....?

The words just don't come as immediately or as with much certainty as you do with the other characters. And that is unfortunately very true.
Old 2007-11-19, 19:32   Link #86
Arthas1011

Nothing wrong with people wanting others to hook up in anime. When I watched Rurouni kenshin I was always thing that they should quit the melodrama and hook up already
Old 2007-11-25, 16:52   Link #87
empzone
Shinigami Representative

I find myself sympathetic to Orihime. The poor girl is doing the best she can... and harboring a crush while fighting an inferiority complex and dangerous enemies can't be easy. But one of the reasons she isn't as appealing as, say, Rukia, is that despite her good grades, she doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed. Everyone makes mistakes, but at least they have their own reasonings. Orihime just seems clueless for the most part. Added to that, she lacks complexity as a character... her only motivation seems to be helping (or not being a burden on) Kurosaki-kun (and "the others").
Old 2007-11-25, 17:19   Link #88
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

I liked her before, but she's mentally weak. She has no trust in the man she loves. Lacks logic(so helping your enemies is going to save your friends how?). And her powers are imbalanced( I mean it's fucking hax.)

Before she was funny(no jokes on her part no more). Now she doesn't have much going for her.
Old 2007-11-25, 20:05   Link #89
Arthas1011

Im mainly indifferent because she is a good part for the team but she don't have the killer instinct which kinda kills the ratings
Old 2007-11-25, 22:21   Link #90
Fran~
floating away...

I like her... i mean she adds the "shoujo" doze in Bleach... and now she takes some lead role, like Rukia in SS Arc. The lack of killer instinct doesn't matter to me, look Nya in GL. ^^

Reminds me Sakura, at first it was all about "Sasuke-Kun" ("Kurosaki-kun" in Orihime's case) and now Sakura is more matured. May be Orihime would follow that path, because from a secondary role she moves to a character with some power (as Aizen said).

About Rukia, i like her too... and they shares some issues, hard childhood, loneliness until they know some friends (Renji and Tatsuki). It doesnt like me how lot of people just pick one of them to hate or to love.
Old 2007-11-26, 01:34   Link #91
Cherudim Arche

I think Orihime is alright, for she develops a close relationship to those around her such as Rukia, Ichigo. They also make her feel important rather than constantly telling to do what and when for safety or otherwise.
Old 2007-11-26, 01:55   Link #92
WhiteWings

I like her even if she's not my type. Maybe the 'hate' issue only exists because someone points out that some people seem to 'hate' Orihime.
Old 2007-11-26, 03:35   Link #93
ChibiMenos
Gillian-class Chibi

She's got to be one of my four or five favorite characters, though I understand why others dislike her. (A lot of that does seem to be from the IchiRuki fans... and while I'll admit that her obsession with Ichigo is irritating, I don't quite understand why it's such an issue for them. After all, it's pretty one-sided, whereas Ichigo and Rukia are at least very close friends. Not that I am a fan of that pairing--for me Senna was the only one I liked for Ichigo.) I didn't actually like her at first--she just seemed too ditzy--but during the Soul Society arc and then later rewatching the earlier episodes she came across more as someone smart and funny who just happens to be totally out of it when it comes to anything practical. I love her strange food combinations (maybe because it reminds me of myself--I've got some pretty weird tastes ), and her facial expressions are over the top in a way that really appeals to me. She does get fairly frustrating to watch later on, but it's not so irritating for me as how Rukia's strength is downplayed, or how Ichigo is constantly getting depressed over not being able to protect everybody--after all, Orihime wasn't that strong to begin with, and she's not only been through a lot but really is the least useful member of the team. (Which is probably why she didn't think going with Ulquiorra was such a bad thing--after all, she thought she was the least likely to be needed, she could easily be replaced by someone from 4th squad.)

I'm hoping that she'll gain a bit more resolve soon, and find other uses for her powers besides healing (though an army of undead is probably a bit much to ask for). It's interesting that she seems to have the strongest powers of anyone so far---if she had more confidence, she really would be dangerous. I suspect that her fate-rejecting abilities will be important much, much later...

But right now she's a little annoying, and so I'll stick to watching SS-arc eps and looking at various fanarts...another of her good points is that, really, she looks good with just about anyone. 'specially a couple of Arrancar...
Old 2007-11-27, 05:57   Link #94
Ichigo-

She's an annoying girl, that's why the hate. The fact that she never gets it as well as being way too slow in her character growth pushes her down the drain for me.
Old 2007-11-27, 09:11   Link #95
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I like her... i mean she adds the "shoujo" doze in Bleach... and now she takes some lead role, like Rukia in SS Arc. The lack of killer instinct doesn't matter to me, look Nya in GL. ^^

Reminds me Sakura, at first it was all about "Sasuke-Kun" ("Kurosaki-kun" in Orihime's case) and now Sakura is more matured. May be Orihime would follow that path, because from a secondary role she moves to a character with some power (as Aizen said).

About Rukia, i like her too... and they shares some issues, hard childhood, loneliness until they know some friends (Renji and Tatsuki). It doesnt like me how lot of people just pick one of them to hate or to love.
I agree. She reminds of Sakura, who until, her battle with Sasori...I thought she was the most useless, whiny, obsessed character ever created. (She earned my respect. For that and she's doesn't says "Sasuke Kun" every other word. She said that more than Naruto says Dattebayo.)

I used to love Orihime. She was cute and funny, and though she lacks common sense; she's smart.
She doesn't have killer instincts, but she is STRONG AND BRAVE. <--Ugh I have to stop myself....OD FALLBACK! I am nearly waxing poetic here...

Anyway...By the time of episode 59 I hated her...Oh god this has to be the number one nauseating sentence..."I worried about you the whole time" This annoyed the hell out of me. I was like what about your survival? Reading the Manga...Just turned simple dislike into, a burning hate.(I started reading the Manga at 55 because, I couldn't wait for Ichigo vs. Byakuya. So I read from the point of 55- Chpt. 211-then backtracked to the beginning. *One day took care of this*)

It's weird. Rukia's calls Ichigo, name more than anyone...But it doesn't bother me. Rukia is constantly worrying about Ichigo. But it doesn't annoy me.

That's because it's right. That's what made me IchiRuki. In any other Anime/Manga. I'd would have been with Inoue. (I am usually on the side of the one who has known, and loved them the longest...Or in cases of extreme shallowness...The hottest.) <--That's rare. Love before looks.

But it annoys me how, Rukia has all the qualities Inoue has. (AND THE ONES, SHE LACKS) Yet she is constantly put down as weak, or emo for worrying over Ichigo...And everybody's sorry for Inoue. Rukia is a well-rounded character. Inoue is not. Rukia sacrificing herself for Ichigo she's emo. Orihime does it and not only is she a saint, she is now the other half of an anime super couple. (One in which the other half is barely aware of, I might add)

Take away her love for Ichigo, and and my red-eared sliders, are more fascinating to watch than she is. She is a useless character. Rukia can be strong. She's cute all the time. (Give her a chappy...and watch her go) She's funny, brute and rough. Yet she cries, and is a gentle loving person. She LOVES Ichigo deeply, and knows what he needs. They have a cute chemistry...And quite frankly, if not for her breasts size...I think more people would like her, instead of calling her a man. Plus she isn't the strongest...But she is useful in battle. Before I am bombarded with "She's stronger than RUKIA" Those powers, mean nothing if she is dead. She can't save herself. I hate weak women!

I know by now you are probably saying, "She's IchiRuki" Or "She's talking about Rukia, when this is about Orihime"

But thats just it...There isn't much to say about her. Let me tell you, something... I can hate the hell, out of you. But if you are great, performer/artist, fighter/ sports player. I can like you for that...and still hate your ass at the same time.

So it's not because I think she is an obstacle. Of IchiRuki I have no doubt. They have a real relationship, not once-sided. Call it what you want...But they already had a BOND, before he rescued her. Ichigo is a hero it''s what he does....<--One of the reasons why I love him...Which is strange, because I almost always prefer the Aizens, Mayuri's and Gin...The latter is in my top 5 after Ichigo. (He's beyond number one...No pun intended) I bet by now you rolled your eyes and did this...A number of times. Get used to it...It gets less sickening as time goes on...

Anyhoo I digress (Sorry. Ichigo does that to me ) ...

Inoue to me, ...except for her being kidnapped. Is in my opinion, an expendable character. She serves no real purpose. She is not even an equation ...So her, role isn't for a love-triangle.Seriously, we will, see Zaraki, Mayuri and Ishida in threesome, before that happens...(That she becomes an actual obstacle, and/or IchiOri uniting)

If she was...Who knows. I may have, hated her; for a whole new reason...Or I might have been an IchiOri Demon, and caught the ReniRuki Virus, too...
Old 2007-12-02, 16:02   Link #96
Arthas1011

Ive just watched another episode and ma minds made up.... KILL HER OFF!!! LOL
Old 2007-12-08, 15:34   Link #97
lillith_

Send a message via MSN to lillith_
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
well me too actually, she has no will of her own because a lot of people she cared for died, so she developes this inferiority complex.

Yeah, I used to think like that too.
In the begining of the series I really liked her and I even sympathised with the idea of her ending with Ichigo or something... But after some episodes she started to really get to my nerves! She's always whining and obsessing about Ichigo, it's so annoying!!

And I don't really like her spirits... I think it looks silly rather than cute
Except for tsubaki-kun! He's so funny
Old 2007-12-08, 21:08   Link #98
Avid_Bleacher
Hitsugaya's decolourizer

After that horrible "almost" kissing scene with Ichigo, I am the most determined person on slaughtering her to hell!
Old 2007-12-09, 16:58   Link #99
Arthas1011

She should have kissed her. thats the episode that made my mind up of killing her off because she should have had the guts to do it. I always get mad when they don't have guts
Old 2007-12-10, 04:18   Link #100
Blood_Knight
The Dark Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthas1011 View Post
She should have kissed her. thats the episode that made my mind up of killing her off because she should have had the guts to do it. I always get mad when they don't have guts
KILL HER OFF ALRAEDY- Annoying voice, powers sound cool *rejection of fate*, but make it look more cool damit!, get rid of those flying hairpin things and as Arthas 1011 said, get some guts, rofl- would be really funi if when Ulq came and said her friends would die if she didnt come to HM, that she said no, that would break poor ulq's heart, hahaha, anyways the other reason is that her scenes take TOO long, it becomes too stretched out and pointless.
Closed Thread