AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-26, 13:04   Link #14421
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
The article is both right and wrong. US schools are #1 when it teaches students how to think, but they apparently gave the kids too much freedom NOT to learn anything, and the helicopter parents too much leeway in influencing the kids NOT to learn, thus creating a knowledge divide within the society itself.

In fact, how the American kids came up with the way to do naked short-sells is an indication of success of the education system, in the wrong way. Asian education systems simply teach us all to learn anything they teach, and not learn anything they don't - hence we are the BUYERS of those complex financial products those American kids created and SOLD to us.

Asian teaching systems teach the kids not to go anywhere. Western ones teach the kids to find a way on their own to get somewhere, but the wealth of society gave them the "do it or don't, it is your own onus" choice.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-06-26, 13:25   Link #14422
Laguna Loire
Banned

"Government is dumbing down schools" says former Director of Education

According to a woman who used to work for the United States government, the government officials who operate the United States education system, as well as other education systems, are deliberately dumbing down today's youth. I know that they do this to a certain extent in order to create docile workers, which is what school is basically for, creating a work force. However, I'm not sure it's to the extent that the woman is talking about. What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDyDtYy2I0M
Old 2011-06-26, 14:10   Link #14423
lightsenshi
Author

This is news how? This is an ongoing trend that has been ongoing for at least, AT LEAST!, twenty years. And I doubt,based on my own experiences during my attempt to become a 'professional' educator, that schools really teach children to think for themselves.
Old 2011-06-26, 14:14   Link #14424
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
hence we are the BUYERS of those complex financial products those American kids created and SOLD to us.

i don't see a problem
Old 2011-06-26, 14:17   Link #14425
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i don't see a problem
Well spoonfeeding has created a "they should have let us know" mentality that the banks should tell us what we are buying.

But the problem is, the banks are hiring the same people created by this spoonfeeding while we are shipping our hard-earned cash overseas hoping to earn something, but the risk is so bloody high.

We aren't doing our own research anymore. We are relying too much on the others to feed us (dis)information.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-06-26, 15:06   Link #14426
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Loire View Post
According to a woman who used to work for the United States government, the government officials who operate the United States education system, as well as other education systems, are deliberately dumbing down today's youth. I know that they do this to a certain extent in order to create docile workers, which is what school is basically for, creating a work force. However, I'm not sure it's to the extent that the woman is talking about. What do you guys think?

Youtube videos by conspiracy nuts are not in fact news.
Old 2011-06-26, 15:14   Link #14427
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Youtube videos by conspiracy nuts are not in fact news.
Thank you for having a brain. I immediately discounted this video as crazy right-wing nonsense as soon as the old bag said "sex ed" with a disparaging tone of voice.

Sex ed is pretty fucking important. I'd rather have kids know the dangers of STDs and teen pregnancy...
Old 2011-06-26, 16:50   Link #14428
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Loire View Post

Don't ascribe to malevolence what can be more easily ascribed to incompetence.
Old 2011-06-26, 17:20   Link #14429
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It has been long argued that the "public schools" were some kind of "factory drone prep school" needed by the "lords of industry" since the Industry Revolution.... one small side-step and suddenly its the "ev1l guvmint" creating drones. School systems in the US, if anything, are far too controlled by LOCAL busybodies, conserva-twits, and idiots who fear the children actually learning how to think --- much more important to "stay in line" or "stay inside cultural divides". The person who made this video is just more of this type.

Local control routinely translates to no one wanting to pay for education at all and is directly opposed to Thomas Jefferson's strong position that an educated populace was essential to democracy having any chance at all.
Old 2011-06-26, 21:13   Link #14430
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Local control routinely translates to no one wanting to pay for education at all and is directly opposed to Thomas Jefferson's strong position that an educated populace was essential to democracy having any chance at all.
Is it just me or those conservative are opposed to most of Jefferson's view ?
Old 2011-06-26, 21:38   Link #14431
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Is it just me or those conservative are opposed to most of Jefferson's view ?
Some days I think "those conservatives" are closet Royalists... they *want* an aristocracy to order them around and pillage the land with no responsibility to the citizenry.
Old 2011-06-27, 00:19   Link #14432
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Some days I think "those conservatives" are closet Royalists... they *want* an aristocracy to order them around and pillage the land with no responsibility to the citizenry.
That's not quite right though. They want to be the aristocracy ordering others around and pillaging the land, or at least the people the aristocracy orders to order other people around on their behalf and personally conduct the pillaging.
Old 2011-06-27, 00:41   Link #14433
Tiberium Wolf

I think the problem is these last generations fault. It's called child worship and it's explained in this George Carlin vid:

If you this shit to the kids you ended with stupid kids.
Old 2011-06-27, 01:39   Link #14434
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Carlin nailed it. These excesses due to political correctness are really amusing, if they are not so damaging at the same time. In fact, Carlin's philosophy ("Tell the truth") should be taken to heart.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2011-06-27 at 01:49.
Old 2011-06-27, 01:47   Link #14435
flying ^

now where's lulzsec to dispatch this website?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1QRCFCEJv
Old 2011-06-27, 02:35   Link #14436
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post

I hope to the pits of hell. I'm pretty sure more than half the stuff I ever said online goes against corporatist and company ideals, which would be bad for interviews. Quite a number of people will be affected either way, and I'm not liking how corporations are trying to find other ways to monitor people like it's their business. If someone can do the job, that's all that should matter, but it's really looking more and more like people are trying to find the ideal tool employee that's more like a machine than a human being.

Last edited by Tsuyoshi; 2011-06-27 at 02:47.
Old 2011-06-27, 04:44   Link #14437
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Border shelling overshadows U.S.-Pakistan-Afghanistan talks
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...75Q15920110627

Authorities: No new victims so far in Amtrak wreck
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...06-27-04-12-26
Old 2011-06-27, 05:04   Link #14438
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post

Dailymail is about as reliable a news source as Sankaku Complex. I'd take that with a heaping tablespoon of salt grains...
Old 2011-06-27, 09:57   Link #14439
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Spacecraft Enterprise is back.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43540756...ace/?gt1=43001

Well the VSS Enterprise that is. Successful glide testing and all that.
Old 2011-06-27, 10:57   Link #14440
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Supreme Court strikes down California video game law
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...75Q35820110627
Quote:
The Supreme Court struck down on Monday a California law banning sales or rentals of violent video games to minors as a violation of free-speech rights, its first ruling in a video game case.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international