AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 32 27.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 13.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 9.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 11.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 11.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 3.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 5.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.54%
1 out of 10 : Painful 17 14.41%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-27, 12:05   Link #21
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
The Good stuff about this episode:
1. SHOKUHOU MISAKI-SAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3
Lol basically this for me too. Ahh not even sad that it's over. I'm also gona pretend it never happened.
Old 2013-09-27, 12:08   Link #22
Shinhwa
Banned

I actually stopped watching the series after Ep18 then continued after like Ep 21 aired since I became a bit interested, but in the end the Febli arc ended up in failure overall storywise...
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 12:09   Link #23
julioalqae
the pragma

Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
really.....the most forgettable arc......

and the bad thing...this arc was come out together with New testament 8...and all surprise in railgun manga....

that alone really show the difference of quality between the one which written by kamachi with a certain inconsistent anime scriptwriter
Old 2013-09-27, 12:13   Link #24
Shinhwa
Banned

So... Febli arc was not written by Kamachi?
Old 2013-09-27, 12:18   Link #25
julioalqae
the pragma

guided yes....but this one didn't have a feeling of kamachi's kind of writing even for a kamachi's filler..., maybe he just gave the content...(you know, homunculus febri and another) but not the plot

filler in railgun S1 has more kamachi's like of writing..with all foreshadowing and the twist...but this one is pretty a shallow one......
Old 2013-09-27, 12:23   Link #26
Haigon

What the f*** I just watched?

By visual it makes zero sense.

Waiting for subs.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 12:24   Link #27
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
What the f*** I just watched?

By visual it makes zero sense.

Waiting for subs.
Best way to put it.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 12:32   Link #28
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by julioalqae View Post
guided yes....but this one didn't have a feeling of kamachi's kind of writing even for a kamachi's filler..., maybe he just gave the content...(you know, homunculus febri and another) but not the plot

filler in railgun S1 has more kamachi's like of writing..with all foreshadowing and the twist...but this one is pretty a shallow one......
That's what I felt too. This arc didn't feel like Kamachi at all @__@

I felt more of it this episode too. It just didn't feel like what Kamachi would do...

This is why I hate Filler arcs =A=........

I am glad Daihaisei arc is really long because they will have enough space to fill the entire 24 Episodes with that single arc. Even if they have a few space left because the chapters are pretty much only 20~30 pages per chapter for that arc, if they are smart and animate Liberal Arts City arc before the Daihaisei arc, then the anime would be perfect and be able to totally overwhelm the previous Railgun anime.

It's the filler arcs that kind of ruin the anime... *SIGH*
Old 2013-09-27, 12:34   Link #29
Miraluka
Banned

I always thought that's why Daihasesai is that long in the manga, if that arc ever gets adapted to anime, Nagai won't have the chance to add original stuff.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 12:40   Link #30
LazyHunter

A dissapointing ending to a dissapointing arc. Really, this could have been handled so much better, but oh well we'll always have the manga and novels if they are so intent on ruining the anime like this.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 12:41   Link #31
julioalqae
the pragma

actually...i love the filler in the railgun S1 with the attempt to show the side of student life in academy city...but this current filler is really...hmmmmmmm...dull???

and why i don't feel it was kamachi because......., he never give a inconsistency in term the revelation of the darkness....and......do you believe kamachi would make that kind of dull villains???........., maybe he just gave the description of the guide "how to make to aru villain and to aru plot content" to the scriptwriter and the plot ruined all

Last edited by julioalqae; 2013-09-27 at 13:00.
julioalqae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 13:23   Link #32
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by julioalqae View Post
actually...i love the filler in the railgun S1 with the attempt to show the side of student life in academy city...but this current filler is really...hmmmmmmm...dull???

and why i don't feel it was kamachi because......., he never give a inconsistency in term the revelation of the darkness....and......do you believe kamachi would make that kind of dull villains???........., maybe he just gave the description of the guide "how to make to aru villain and to aru plot content" to the scriptwriter and the plot ruined all
I also liked the filler in Thelestina in S1, save a few exceptions (like Thelestina leaving the control room unguarded so that Saten could have her moment and the derailment of some characters like Kongou, Kuroko and Uiharu), but this.... there are no words.

The villains were especially dull and incredibly forgettable, like the Gravitron Bomber or Trick. Their motivations were ridiculous, their supposed strength was ridiculous, the idea of them being even a slight threat against AC or the true darkness was retarded and the fact that their retarded powered suits weren't curb stomped in two minutes by a pair of Six Wings is amazing. And where the hell was Etzali
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 13:26   Link #33
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
And where the hell was Etzali
i would of loved to see some scenes of Etzali stalking Mikoto
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 13:54   Link #34
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Hates Railgun.

Logs onto computer.

Watches episode 23 with subtitles.

Feels slightly better.

Watches episode 24.

Loses mind.

Smiles while rolling on the floor in awe.

Loves mecha anime space.

Realizes the sun in the opening isn't actually the sun.

Sees Mikoto flying in space.

Sees Mugino destroy giant mechas.

Sees Saten piloting a giant fricking mecha.

Sees Shinobu in a great outfit.

Sees Touma in a classroom.

Sees Accelerator + Last Order !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (my hand is breaking the keyboard while typing down this last phrase because of excitement)

Sees Mikotos' clones.

Sees a perfect explanation for everything happening and realizes that just like what happened in season 1 with Terestina, there is an obvious reason why there is no retaliation: 1. they saved the city and 2. it was a small "summer school project" and no one from the city cared too much about it.

Sees Item's powers being used by STUDY. Becomes a massive fan.

Sees Kongou + friends using their powers: watches in awe.

Sees Kongou's father/uncle/ airline company + Janie/Febri. *Loses Mind*

Sees Mecha anime, I mean Toaru anime, loses mind once again.

Hears tons of theme music, goes insane.

Watches Banri, Eri, and others become important, mind reels.

Watches insane events happening with amazing animation almost the same as the Index movie or better, mind turns into goo.

@end of episode, all hate for railgun dispersed.

@end of episode, realizes was an idiot for disliking any point of the arc.

@end of episode, realizes that Nagai and Kamachi must have been hanging out and trading recipes of crack together in order to produce excellent results.

@end of episode, loves railgun series.

@end of episode, realizes Misaki DID make another appearance even though she wasn't supposed to, and that the reference clearly implies something.

@end of episode, realizes Mikoto's friends including Kuroko were absolutely amazing.

@end of episode, realizes J.C. staff cares about Last Order (nickname), #20001, a lot even in team railgun. Mind Blown.

@end of episode, sees four leaf clover becoming amazing.

@end of episode only had four hours of sleep after having three hours of sleep the day before, but feels like I had at least 10 hours of sleep on both days.

@end of episode, am pumped.

@end of episode, realizes Mikoto lovingly had said Touma's dream was her own beforehand and that now she is internalizing it...

Rating (1+1/2+1/3+1/4+...)/10 in other words infinity/10.

Mood: Ballistic, Overjoyed, Overcome with emotion, Satisfied (in the same way I feel after reading insane Index material )

Now the next question is... how long must we wait til Railgun III!!!

Index III is most likely coming first which I'll enjoy too, but now I really can't wait for Railgun III. After this, I just have no words to say anymore.

I am out. My mouth is dry. I need to catch my breath!
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 13:57   Link #35
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

oh dniv...
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 13:59   Link #36
zaeraal

Woah, so much hate for this episode.. (not going to quote the people here)
I wonder how much of you people actually TRIED TO WATCH IT and paid attention to all the details this episode had and how many of you judged it even before it aired.
Like me with the Sister Arc.. I didn't even noticed some of the episodes had BG music until people mentioned it here
After the subtitles come out, I am going to write a very long post with all the details people missed while watching this episode.

The episode was really good: the action parts, how all the characters used their skills, the BG music...
Maybe a bit rushed as I had trouble keeping up with the action scenes, but really good.

The only cons I had towards this episode was lack of good boss battle (but I guess there a lot of ways to end a story besides a boss battle)
Because of that I give it temporary 9/10 before I watch it with subtitles (in slow-mo) tomorrow.

The ending was a bit sad, as they had to part (Saten and Febli were great together), but I am glad Shinobu, after all she did, made it out alive.

But Railgun S ended.. sigh, I guess this means no more Railgun for another few years, only manga.
It is going to be a painfull wait.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 14:01   Link #37
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Woah, so much hate for this episode.. (not going to quote the people here)
I wonder how much of you people actually TRIED TO WATCH IT and paid attention to all the details this episode had and how many of you judged it even before it aired.
Like me with the Sister Arc.. I didn't even noticed some of the episodes had BG music until people mentioned it here
After the subtitles come out, I am going to write a very long post with all the details people missed while watching this episode.

The episode was really good: the action parts, how all the characters used their skills, the BG music...
Maybe a bit rushed as I had trouble keeping up with the action scenes, but really good.

The only cons I had towards this episode was lack of good boss battle (but I guess there a lot of ways to end a story besides a boss battle)
Because of that I give it temporary 9/10 before I watch it with subtitles (in slow-mo) tomorrow.

The ending was a bit sad, as they had to part (Saten and Febli were great together), but I am glad Shinobu, after all she did, made it out alive.

But Railgun S ended.. sigh, I guess this means no more Railgun for another few years, only manga.
It is going to be a painfull wait.
I'm surprised I liked the episode more than you That's a first.

I definitely give it a 10/10.

I really had nothing I didn't like. I'm serious. I was judging before I watched it.

Then I watched it. And I changed my mind Alot A whole lot From 0 to infinity...

I need to watch this again now. I can't believe it. I can't believe I like this end more than all of Sisters arc. *Am very happy right now.*

Fully believe that Kamachi wrote this arc. Am very pleased with the character development of all of the characters. Am very satisfied Mikoto has become less of a loner. It actually really makes perfect sense, now that I think about it. This really is wonderful.

Also... how exactly wasn't there a big final boss battle at the end What exactly did you call this episode? It was really just a big boss battle + beautiful extras!!!
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 14:04   Link #38
Shinhwa
Banned

I watched the entire episode yes. That's why I know. It really felt non-Kamachi. Barely any excitement at all @___@;

Misaki, Mikoto's hyper railgun and Touma pretty much saved the episode for me.
Old 2013-09-27, 14:07   Link #39
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

..................???????????????????????????????? ????
What?

I can stand boring, fine. Saten-san is cute. Good enough.
But what the heck is this?! Not only does it not make sense, but we've entered a completely different world! We have robots fighting each other! What the heck?!
It's like the scriptwriter went insane all of a sudden.

And on top of that, the way this episode was done was absolutely HORRIBLE
Why was there a need to play the OP of every Railgun anime? Is it supposed to be moving? Maybe the first time. But by the FOURTH! I! AM! <-!

That said, Saten-san was still cute. Shinobu was wearing weird clothes. And the difference between the two lolis is the number of ahoge on their head.
So there were a few good parts.
Oh, and Saten-san is strong enough to knock down a robot with a bat. Like I said. Saten-san's bat can pierce the heavens... or whatever.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 14:08   Link #40
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I'm surprised I liked the episode more than you That's a first.

I definitely give it a 10/10.

I really had nothing I didn't like. I'm serious. I was judging before I watched it.

Then I watched it. And I changed my mind Alot A whole lot From 0 to infinity...
You gave much better scores to Sister Arc than me, because I was not that much hyped into it.
(as I really hate watching the same thing many times)

Like I said I was hoping for a boss battle.
The end of Aritomi was great given the "current story" and his character.
But it didn't went as well with the flow of this episode.. how to put it.. it lacked the "awesomeness"
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote