AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-05-17, 05:21   Link #521
zeko

she's still young for even an A cup size if you ask me.
zeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 05:38   Link #522
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeko View Post
she's still young for even an A cup size if you ask me.
Ruri's around 16 right now. So, assuming her periods started at around 14, she should be reaching her peak size at around the time she graduates from high school, about 2 years later from the current time. I doubt she'll reach more than 79 cm.

On second thought, I take back my original statement: Ruri is upper A, considering her body sizes:

Height: 160 cm
BWH: 77/53/80
Weight: 43
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 07:54   Link #523
zeko

she looks younger than her real age. i think they should make her look 16.

Last edited by zeko; 2011-05-17 at 08:51.
Old 2011-05-17, 11:02   Link #524
taichi-kun

how old is kirino now, 15 or 14 like in novel 1 ?

Now she is at first year of highschool,right?
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 11:10   Link #525
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

She is a year younger than Kuroneko, and three years younger than Kyousuke, so she would still be in year 3 of middle school.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 11:54   Link #526
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
she looks younger than her real age. i think they should make her look 16.
More observation of the large variety in females might be useful .. Ruri looks "14","16", or even "18" - particularly since she is an animated representation of an asian girl. But I know young women in their 20s that have her build and size. My wife is small (4'10") and petite (98lbs), she got carded well into her 40s.

I could assert that Ayase and Kirino look 14 or 20 as well... or that Kyou looks 15 or 25.

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-05-17 at 16:00.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 15:10   Link #527
zeko

that makes sens when you put it that way.

as for breast size, my final thoughts are just that it's irrelevant (for me at least)
Old 2011-05-17, 17:38   Link #528
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Ruri's around 16 right now. So, assuming her periods started at around 14, she should be reaching her peak size at around the time she graduates from high school, about 2 years later from the current time. I doubt she'll reach more than 79 cm.

On second thought, I take back my original statement: Ruri is upper A, considering her body sizes:

Height: 160 cm
BWH: 77/53/80
Weight: 43
14? O_o... that's one late ass period... My older sister had hers at 10 and my younger at around 11.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 17:43   Link #529
zeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
14? O_o... that's one late ass period... My older sister had hers at 10 and my younger at around 11.

late bloomer maybe?

and why do you know when you sisters hit that? O_0
Old 2011-05-17, 17:54   Link #530
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
13~14 is actually what is supposed to be the average. Most girls these days have it earlier due to various environmental factors such as fast food and the such. I had mine at 14.

PS: For some reason zeko's short posts are bothering me >_>
Old 2011-05-17, 18:09   Link #531
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
late bloomer maybe?

and why do you know when you sisters hit that? O_0
Because when you live together you notice things? Especially when I grew up rather close with both my sisters.

Anyway, from my understanding, Preteens (10-12) is the generalized age group for a first period. Could be wrong, but junior high is usually when you start noticing boobies on girls.

Edit: 12 is the average age for girls in the U.S. (just looked it up)
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 01:24   Link #532
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Sorry, you're going to have to keep doing this for a while. Even if the Chinese translations have finally popped up... with only Ch4 for some reason >.>

Now, I probably shouldn't be complaining when I translated Vol22 of Index novels from Ch5 as well, but nevertheless it's frustrating to see a new book out but not start at the beginning. Guess this is karma coming back to bite me and shows how much of a hypocrite I am

(At least I gave full summaries of the novel before jumping in to translate, but still...)
Quote:
your our savior. don't abandon us XD
I just find it hard to believe that I'm the only one who has access to the novel and understand Japanese at the same time.

Ok, I’m going translate these few sentences in chapter 2 which I originally missed out, and I think it's important to include; this comes before when Kyousuke asked about the last page of the book.

Spoiler for ”missing content from v8 ch2”:

And I’ve already finished chapter 3 last night. However, due to how things went, I might want to finish chapter 4 before making a summary. And I’m also pretty busy during the day, I’m now posting this during my short break after lunch. Maybe, I’ll just do summaries without highlights. Even though there are many interesting details that may be important, but it would be time consuming to translate every one of them. Kirino shippers may rejoice at some of the events in chapter 3, (well actually, so will Kuroneko shippers, I think), though I still think it’s going to be a Kuroneko end. Also, the event that had taken place in volume 3’s mobile novel arc may be a key in the future. And if there ever is a second season, this chapter will be mutilated due to modifications of volume 3 in the adaptation.

Just a tease:
Spoiler for ending of v8 ch3”:
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 01:54   Link #533
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I just find it hard to believe that I'm the only one who has access to the novel and understand Japanese at the same time.
gomen...whilst I do have access to the novel now...I really can't spare the time to read it, much less summarise, at least until the end of the month...

But thank you for doing this. m(_ _ )m That last spoiler about the Arcadia is especially good.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 02:54   Link #534
sleepingleo

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I really hope you are by all means 9001% correct and in the end this will be a KyoxKN.

I honestly think that this novel is too serious and at the same time lighthearted for the author to want an incest ending, and on a side note, this might inspire Ishihara's rage so i dont think he will go that path, even if he were to use the so damn overused argument -- Kousaka Parents: "Err you know what, one of you is adopted, sorry we didnt told you before" or something like that.

Manami, is the next most likely option, and in some ways i feel bad for childhood friend that have always liked Kyo but just, Ill have to back KN on this, it's a matter of preferences. I hate Ayase, she is a sadist, a yandere using a tsundere mask every now and then. I dont like when people compare her to Kotonoha from School Days cause the main lead there actually DESERVED what happened to him, Kyo here is a little more noble. And Saori is as of now simply a....not likely.

Even if the author said something under the lines of "I want to keep this as a comedy", once he stepped on the -romance- genre i dont think he can just walk out of it without making it look forced.

I eagerly wait for your summary to know the reason that allowed the otaku-rage to be subsided or so i heard/read from sankaku. Your efforts are really appreciated, thanks.
sleepingleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 03:13   Link #535
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingleo View Post
Spoiler:

I really hope you are by all means 9001% correct and in the end this will be a KyoxKN.

I honestly think that this novel is too serious and at the same time lighthearted for the author to want an incest ending, and on a side note, this might inspire Ishihara's rage so i dont think he will go that path, even if he were to use the so damn overused argument -- Kousaka Parents: "Err you know what, one of you is adopted, sorry we didnt told you before" or something like that.

Manami, is the next most likely option, and in some ways i feel bad for childhood friend that have always liked Kyo but just, Ill have to back KN on this, it's a matter of preferences. I hate Ayase, she is a sadist, a yandere using a tsundere mask every now and then. I dont like when people compare her to Kotonoha from School Days cause the main lead there actually DESERVED what happened to him, Kyo here is a little more noble. And Saori is as of now simply a....not likely.

Even if the author said something under the lines of "I want to keep this as a comedy", once he stepped on the -romance- genre i dont think he can just walk out of it without making it look forced.

I eagerly wait for your summary to know the reason that allowed the otaku-rage to be subsided or so i heard/read from sankaku. Your efforts are really appreciated, thanks.
well, it can mean that, but not necessary the case, since it can also mean what I've stated. the author is trying to be clever by using ambiguous word like this to make me read on, which unfortunately I haven't yet. so until I read chapter 4, I don't know, that's why I didn't wanted to post anything yet doh. >_<

3 definitions of wakareru:
1. separate as in physical separation (in the context of bidding farewell)
2. separate as in breaking off of a relationship
3. separate as in separate by death

EDIT: actually I read the first page of chapter 4, that's why I assume definition (1), though I realize it could again be ambiguous. Will explain later, or tomorrow.
Old 2011-05-18, 03:26   Link #536
Undertaker

Quote:
Sorry, my Japanese isn't good enough for me to purchasing original LN, I usually read the fan-transaltion and wait until the Chinese edition comes out and have it ship oversea....
Old 2011-05-18, 03:33   Link #537
zeko

Quote:
Because when you live together you notice things? Especially when I grew up rather close with both my sisters.

Anyway, from my understanding, Preteens (10-12) is the generalized age group for a first period. Could be wrong, but junior high is usually when you start noticing boobies on girls.

Edit: 12 is the average age for girls in the U.S. (just looked it up)
i see what you mean. i myself, never was close to sisters so i don't notice these things. also +reps because now i know XD

Quote:
well, think about it this way. if many knew japanese, and had the novel, how many do you think are gonna post summaries?. this is the same case with some other manga and anime were only few care.

so what you doing is really appreciated.

[spoiler]Though, what’s interesting is that this is a planned event, and a step to achieving her Arcadia.

when this ends, she will sit on a chair crossing her fingers saying "just as planned" evilly. [/soiler]

Last edited by zeko; 2011-05-18 at 05:09.
Old 2011-05-18, 03:57   Link #538
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
gomen...whilst I do have access to the novel now...I really can't spare the time to read it, much less summarise, at least until the end of the month...

But thank you for doing this. m(_ _ )m That last spoiler about the Arcadia is especially good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Sorry, my Japanese isn't good enough for me to purchasing original LN, I usually read the fan-transaltion and wait until the Chinese edition comes out and have it ship oversea....
No worries. I feel kind of embarrassed getting apologies when there's no such need. It's just fortunate that my local Kinokuniya decides to ship Oreimo titles automatically this time round without an order request, and I can actually get it 3 days after the release date rather than the usual 2 to 4 weeks for order requests. And it happens to coincide with a slightly freer period of mine. Though, I have almost an entire shelf-row of other unread LN volumes waiting.
Old 2011-05-18, 12:54   Link #539
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
I'm still working through S&W, parts of Working!, and a few other things -- and I'll readily admit my reading speed is glacial. Its the rare sentence I don't have to look *something* up.

But thanks for mentioning that Kinokuniya had it on the shelf. I'll check the next time I go grocery shopping.
Old 2011-05-18, 16:50   Link #540
Sumeragi
Banned

Seems like what I have in mind is taking place.....

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings