Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-08, 08:37   Link #241
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
one very GOOD question

WHO THREW THAT PIECE OF rock at the beginning of the show??

was it Ryoushi-kun??
I thought it was pretty damn obvious from the start but episode 2 does confirm it was Ryoushi who threw that rock.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 08:48   Link #242
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The Girl Who Tried Wolf

Not as good as the first episode but still pretty fun. Mostly character development for Ryoushi and Ookami. I'm getting interested where this all goes.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 09:41   Link #243
ninja_pintu

Interesting episode but for some reason I didn't find it funny at all. The narrator's jokes just doesn't seem to work for me.
Old 2010-07-08, 09:46   Link #244
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I thought it was pretty damn obvious from the start but episode 2 does confirm it was Ryoushi who threw that rock.
I thought episode 1 confirmed it was Ryoushi who threw it...
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 09:59   Link #245
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well it was really obvious but I don't think it was outright stated.
Old 2010-07-08, 10:22   Link #246
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Well it was really obvious but I don't think it was outright stated.
Well it is this ep, Narrator even mentioned that he didn't have his slingshot on him at the time so he used his belt.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 10:54   Link #247
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger

At a loss for words so I'll just say this is awful, delete the episode and never look back.

The only salvation for this show is ookami eating the little red chick and ryoushi gutting her like a fish, filling her with rocks and chucking her down a well.

Fancy the odds of that happening tho :
Lange Neus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 11:02   Link #248
Molenir

So, overall I rather enjoyed the second episode, however I question some of the choices that were made.

Spoiler:

Anyway, just ranting about the usual nonsense. There are plenty of other shows that do the same thing, so its not really a surprise, just a bit of disappointment at the standard tactics. Still a good episode.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 11:11   Link #249
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
After they had beat up all the bad guys, the ones that were planning to rape Ookami, or at least seriously hurt her, why did they just walk away? No tying them up and interrogating them, no stripping them, and taking pictures with each other acting like fags to use for blackmail. Hell, they didn't even bother to ask them who it was that set the whole thing up. I mean that would take actual brain cells to think of, and yet they just walked away. I would have beat the crap out of them, then tied em up, and made em squeal like pigs. Then I'd have beat em some more to reinforce the message that messing with my group is a huge, huge mistake, that only brings pain, and that they had better not make the same mistake again, or next time, it would be worse.
Because they're not the bad guys, obviously.

Quote:
Even if they couldn't do that, why not call the cops on them, or is that somehow against the code of the bank?
This happens quite frequently in anime. No one ever just calls the cops for some reason. I've always assumed it's just some values dissonance thing.

Quote:
Finally, when they're doing all this fighting, why is it that no one ever kicks a guy in the nads. Or when that guy is holding Ookami, why doesn't she bite him? If you're fighting someone, you don't hold back because the nads or biting aren't manly, you fight, using every weapon at your disposal.
Actually, from my experience, if the fight is very intense then kicking them in the nads isn't going to work. With all the adrenline the pain won't be that debilitating. If anything it'll just make them more pissed off. Probably the same for biting.
Old 2010-07-08, 13:35   Link #250
eiyuu99

With a significant adrenaline rush, pain is less crippling for some
and may provoke greater rage. You don't really want a berserker as an opponent.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 14:03   Link #251
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Hands in cat ass wins again!

I'm not too thrilled by this slingshot thing. Why couldn't have given him something like the CheyTac M200.

With a 2,000m range you don't have to worry about no shitty "I'm being watched" fobia.
Old 2010-07-08, 14:37   Link #252
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well gun laws in Japan are really really strict. You're not gonna see delinquents or students with guns. Then again, how much logic can you expect from show that has a girl fighting with cat face shaped boxing gloves that electrocute you when you get hit by them?...
Old 2010-07-08, 15:54   Link #253
Kunagisa

Awww really? Only one person mentioned the ED so far (or did I miss someone)? Besides the "usual stuff" I thought this is the highlight for the episode for me (not to say the episode was boring or anything). The song reminds me of those children tunes that I used to sing/listen to in kindergarten (hence I might be a little bit embarrassed listening to it in public), bringing back great nostalgia. Both the OP (I'm completely addicted to this) and ED fit really well with the show, the slideshow/storyboard approach make them even better.

Sometimes I feel these side stuff can enhance my experience with any particular series a lot better.

PS: I want those doggies T___T so cute, even though I'm more of a cat person.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 15:56   Link #254
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Awww really? Only one person mentioned the ED so far (or did I miss someone)?
Thanks. I posted the original version of the song earlier in this thread, if anyone's curious, but music is one of the most important parts of a series to me, so I had to briefly mention it, at least. Even if I wrote that in a hurry before going to update the TV Tropes page on this series...
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 15:58   Link #255
wingman32x

Episode 2 was alright. Again, there was numerous dual voice moments. And it looks like Kuroko is going to be a very active Narrator. Now, the good things. I liked how the guy was actualy useful this time. Ryouko is a pretty fun lead character, but she needs more development (Which she'll probably get). Overall an entertaining episode.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 16:54   Link #256
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

This series is alright in my opinion. Nothing really stands out in my opinion. I'll still continue to watch it. I do hope the staff cuts down the amount of times the narrator speaks. The narrator speaks too much. And having the hear the characters and the narrator at the same time is annoying.
Old 2010-07-08, 16:57   Link #257
Johnny
Working the bags...

Completely agree, and it's even worse with the subs because there's like 2 or 3 lines of text at on the screen sometimes...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 17:05   Link #258
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah it's hard not to agree that Satomi narration is a bit much when she's speaking over the cast, though it has to happen if they want to keep the whole idea of her basically reading a fairy tale book to the viewers.
Old 2010-07-08, 19:55   Link #259
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
This series is alright in my opinion. Nothing really stands out in my opinion. I'll still continue to watch it. I do hope the staff cuts down the amount of times the narrator speaks. The narrator speaks too much. And having the hear the characters and the narrator at the same time is annoying.
I concur. Its quite distracting in my point of view as well.

Anyway, I'm glad the male protagonist showed his manly side in ep 2. >:3
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 20:13   Link #260
ZeKeR
Superbad

but ryoushi can also carry airsoft gun.... notably a bolt action one.... that OMFGWTF accuracy of his is really ideal for support as long as he cannot be seen

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen