Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-06-19, 14:16   Link #61
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROzess View Post
A guy with common sense that gets annoyed by your pointless whining.
All your posts are just about how you don't like this or that.
If the manga is soo horrible, why do you keep coming back for it?
It just pisses me off when people do nothing but complain about a work.
Who are YOU to tell the author what to write about!?
Needless to say, you still do not have the right to tell me what to do since your are not a moderator.

Plus, if you don't like my posts, don't read them. I have every much a right to post my opinions here as you, or anyone else. Besides the fact that you obviously have not read all of my posts about this manga or have not absorbed what I wrote as I have clearly praised this series when the mangaka remained focused on what I was lead to believe was the concept of this series:

Quote:
A story about two unusually mature young people. They are both smart, very together and they are in love. But, as grown-up as they act, they are still just 14 and their feelings for each other are captured with tenderness and lack of nostalgia, but very cutely.
I am not the only one who has posted negative reactions to the older woman x underage boy (or teacher x student) relationships depicted in this manga. Not everyone here lacks common sense when it comes to pedophilia.

As to coming back for more, after the rehash of the mangaka's Game Over series was pointlessly inserted into this manga, I had hoped that the mangaka would get back to, and stay focused on the supposed main couple, a story which I had been enjoying tremendously, so I chose to give the series a few more chapters before dropping it. But, even though an Kanata and Kazuki would show up in an very occasional chapter, they are no longer the main focus of this manga.

Since I am not interested in reading a continuation of the manga Game Over, nor am I interested in a story about a pedofile teacher lusting after a 14 year old student (a genre I do not read), I will no longer be reading this manga.

And, yes, I did call up the mangaka and voiced my objections, but she just laughed and said she just can't help herself when it comes to older women lusting after underage boys.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-19, 14:25   Link #62
SamVision

It is sad really, it is not even particularly realistic at this point. One pairing was enough, but in this manga you have three (four if you count Game Over's cameo characters) supposed relationships that involve middle schoolers paired with adults. What makes it worse is that this is not even what the story was supposed to be about.
SamVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-19, 16:12   Link #63
PROzess
Pissed Off Tl0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Needless to say, you still do not have the right to tell me what to do since your are not a moderator.

Plus, if you don't like my posts, don't read them. I have every much a right to post my opinions here as you, or anyone else. Besides the fact that you obviously have not read all of my posts about this manga or have not absorbed what I wrote as I have clearly praised this series when the mangaka remained focused on what I was lead to believe was the concept of this series:

I am not the only one who has posted negative reactions to the older woman x underage boy (or teacher x student) relationships depicted in this manga. Not everyone here lacks common sense when it comes to pedophilia.

As to coming back for more, after the rehash of the mangaka's Game Over series was pointlessly inserted into this manga, I had hoped that the mangaka would get back to, and stay focused on the supposed main couple, a story which I had been enjoying tremendously, so I chose to give the series a few more chapters before dropping it. But, even though an Kanata and Kazuki would show up in an very occasional chapter, they are no longer the main focus of this manga.

Since I am not interested in reading a continuation of the manga Game Over, nor am I interested in a story about a pedofile teacher lusting after a 14 year old student (a genre I do not read), I will no longer be reading this manga.

And, yes, I did call up the mangaka and voiced my objections, but she just laughed and said she just can't help herself when it comes to older women lusting after underage boys.
You make it sound like Hinohara is ready to rape him at any more. But she is not.
The characters in Game Over waited until a suitable age, too, until they had sex and Hinohara isn't showing any signs either that she wants his D. She's just teasing him and fall in love at point through it. Doesn't mean that she wants to strip off his pants right away-.- Not all love need sex, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamVision View Post
It is sad really, it is not even particularly realistic at this point. One pairing was enough, but in this manga you have three (four if you count Game Over's cameo characters) supposed relationships that involve middle schoolers paired with adults. What makes it worse is that this is not even what the story was supposed to be about.
Yeah, it's quite unrealistic that there existed more than one couple in the world.
The story is supposed to be about love at fourteen. And Nagai is fourteen, too, so the story applies to him just as much.
You don't choose, whom you love. It just happens. And here it just happens in middle school. If they are 30 and 50, nobody gonna complain about the age difference and I admit that it would be wrong to engage in an explicit relationship with a minor, but heck, the adults aren't even trying to do that!!
Old 2015-06-20, 06:04   Link #64
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
A voice of reason! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROzess View Post
blah blah blah ...She's just teasing him... blah blah blah
If I found out that a middle school teacher (male or female) had been teasing one of my 14 year old daughters in this obviously overt sexual fashion, I am not sure how restrained I might have been in my reaction. I know, from experience, that their mother would have gone to the school with her shotgun.
Old 2015-06-20, 08:00   Link #65
SamVision

Quote:
If I found out that a middle school teacher (male or female) had been teasing one of my 14 year old daughters in this obviously overt sexual fashion, I am not sure how restrained I might have been in my reaction. I know, from experience, that their mother would have gone to the school with her shotgun.
Something like this happened in my middle school, no shotguns were involved though. A male teacher had been teasing one of my acquaintances and she told her parents about it. The teacher was in his late 30's, unmarried. Things got out and he quit before things got nasty with the school board. Turns out he just had that type of personality, didn't mean any harm and did that to a lot of students boys and girls alike.
Old 2015-06-20, 08:02   Link #66
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Goddamn you two has similar name, similar point of view and similar writing. If this is an anonymous board I'll be frickin sure that you guys are samefagging.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 07:27   Link #67
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Something like this happened in my middle school, no shotguns were involved though. A male teacher had been teasing one of my acquaintances and she told her parents about it. The teacher was in his late 30's, unmarried. Things got out and he quit before things got nasty with the school board. Turns out he just had that type of personality, didn't mean any harm and did that to a lot of students boys and girls alike.
It occurs to me that those here who approve of the teacher's actions, would agree with the teacher in your incident that targeted teasing by a teacher, sexual or otherwise, is just perfectly fine, regardless of how the student feels about it. But it is a form of harassment (bullying is an appropriate alternative term), and when it involves sexual innuendo, be it subtle or overt, be it spoken or body language, it is sexual harassment. A crime in most civilized jurisdictions. I would hope that would include Japan.

And in this case, Nagai is clearly being bullied by the teacher. She is forcing her attention and intentions on him, even though he repeatedly tells her to stop. He is clearly disturbed by it. Perhaps traumatized would be a better way to describe how he feels. Regardless if he has a crush on her, what she is doing is torture to him. Is that really the way to treat someone you supposedly love?

Making comparisons with Game Over to justify this teacher's actions as okay is stupid. In the first place, Nagai's teacher should not be toying with the emotions of a student. Her behaviour is unprofessional, unethical, and probably against school policy, and possibly illegal.

Secondly, it was the boy in Game Over that pursued the woman, not vice-verse. It was not a case of an adult woman teasing a middle school boy who did not want to be harassed.

Here's a real life situation involving a 24 year old female teacher and a 14 year old male student from wikipedia.

Last edited by FredFriendly; 2015-06-21 at 07:50. Reason: afterthought
Old 2015-06-21, 08:31   Link #68
SamVision

I read that, it sounds pretty bad. If the genders were reversed the teacher would have not gotten off so easily. Rumors are unreliable so I am not sure if the case at my old school was sexual or not, but stuff like this is basically criminal and if not looked into in its infancy it will get out of hand. The older party will not be able to control themselves and the younger doesn't know any better. The way this manga does it, with all its shoujo/josei trappings, makes it as if it is perfectly normal and acceptable. That. Is. Sick.
Old 2015-06-22, 01:20   Link #69
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

You two need to chill. I don't think you've made your points any clearer. Any more is just going to come off as whining to bait Prozess and/or ruin everyone's time.

I mean, the controversial relationship between a foxy teacher, who's also in over her head, and a "delinquent" tsundere, who's really in over his head, turns out to be the popular one. You don't say. What's more, the author clearly enjoys this part which translates to a fun portrayal which translates to the audience liking it. Quelle folie!

It's not like we aren't aware real life cases of teacher-student relationships are an utter mess of bad mojo and victimization, especially with young male victims who are often not acknowledged as such, but then I'm sure you both are equally as outraged at this fictional portrayal as with the bazillion male teachers in shoujo manga who always get heroine's attentions...right?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 01:56   Link #70
SamVision

Quote:
I'm sure you both are equally as outraged at this fictional portrayal as with the bazillion male teachers in shoujo manga who always get heroine's attentions...right?
There are so many of those and it pisses me off so much that I ignore them from the get go. Most are shoujo and are entirely "female-fantasy". They are usually completely unrealistic and exaggerated with the heroine falling head over heals when the bishounen teacher so much as smiles at them.
Old 2022-06-25, 10:09   Link #71
deadite

Anyone else kinda bothered that a pure and chaste romance suddenly became sexual before they even reached highschool?
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, school life