AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-11, 05:36   Link #181
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Doesn't he have 'Dolphin Brain' that allows him to see fragments of the future as well?

As far as piecing it all together... he is a villain who has operated in the dark side of the conflict multiple times.
I'm rereading the earlier chapters....I actually forgot a lot of the foreshadowing in the story. It's pretty amazing seeing how well the author planned this story out. Hyoubo does indeed have a precog source.

As for the Major being a bad guy...nah. I don't think that's true, at least not anymore. He's more like the cool anti-hero at this point. He can do things the "pure" hero (Minamoto) can't, because he's already the "bad guy".
Old 2012-02-11, 07:25   Link #182
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
As for the Major being a bad guy...nah. I don't think that's true, at least not anymore. He's more like the cool anti-hero at this point. He can do things the "pure" hero (Minamoto) can't, because he's already the "bad guy".
I meant that it's far easier for someone like him who actually operates globally in all the areas that Black Phantom has an investment in as well as keeping close contacts with BABEL, to actually be able to piece together all of the puzzle together.

Hyoubu pretty much knows everything BABEL does ( seriously, was there ever anything Hyoubu doesn't find out instantly? ), while Minamoto/BABEL barely knows anything about what Hyoubu does on-side.

Not to mention in-universe... Hyoubu is Bill Gates and Steve Jobs combined when it comes to legal wealth and corporate power.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 09:40   Link #183
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I meant that it's far easier for someone like him who actually operates globally in all the areas that Black Phantom has an investment in as well as keeping close contacts with BABEL, to actually be able to piece together all of the puzzle together.

Hyoubu pretty much knows everything BABEL does ( seriously, was there ever anything Hyoubu doesn't find out instantly? ), while Minamoto/BABEL barely knows anything about what Hyoubu does on-side.

Not to mention in-universe... Hyoubu is Bill Gates and Steve Jobs combined when it comes to legal wealth and corporate power.
Ah, I see what you mean. I agree that Hyoubu's private network is pretty good, but then again he's had over a half a century to build it (and rarely needing those "pesky" laws to do so ), and he's built a good team/family that loves/trusts him. Plus his powers of manipulating BABEL are considerable (so long as he doesn't piss off Fujiko too much!).
Old 2012-02-11, 10:32   Link #184
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I have this weird feeling that the reason why Hyoubu did that was to make her to become a Queen like he wanted.. but nah, I don't think it will lead to a bad outcome. The future doesn't seem as bleak as it should be since Hyoubu managed to disappear (?) and not getting captured by Black Phantom.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 10:44   Link #185
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I'm not so sure though.

Right now, Kyousuke and Feather are pretty much forcing the creation of an alternate future by making sure certain events couldn't happen.

But they're just trying to avoid 'Future 1.0', of which no one has any idea how 'Future 2.0' will turn out. Not even Feather or Kyousuke can accurately say at this point what the changes will lead to, though it does look like it will definitely be a bit better.

Quote:
Ah, I see what you mean. I agree that Hyoubu's private network is pretty good, but then again he's had over a half a century to build it (and rarely needing those "pesky" laws to do so ), and he's built a good team/family that loves/trusts him. Plus his powers of manipulating BABEL are considerable (so long as he doesn't piss off Fujiko too much!).
Reality Distortion Field Go!

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 11:39   Link #186
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I remember that one. The gag strips are a good way to slip in extra information without wasting actual story "air time".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I have this weird feeling that the reason why Hyoubu did that was to make her to become a Queen like he wanted.. but nah, I don't think it will lead to a bad outcome. The future doesn't seem as bleak as it should be since Hyoubu managed to disappear (?) and not getting captured by Black Phantom.
She's always been the Queen, and I don't think that will change. It's not like she's evil in the future, but she does choose PANDRA over BABEL in that timeline. In this timeline, it looks like both groups are slowly integrating, so that choice may not be needed. Still, we're missing a few key parts of that future, namely what happened between "past" Kaoru finding out about Black Phantom's plans and her joining Hyoubu while leaving everyone at BABEL (including Shiho and Aoi) behind. We know why she left, but we don't know how she ended up creating the distrust that Miyamoto, Shiho, and Aoi displayed in the "flashbacks/visions" we've seen.

Also of note is that the version of events Feather showed Miyamoto had Fujiko working with Shiho to defeat Black Phantom, and it is clear that this is right around the time Kaoru and Miyamoto were facing off on the roof of the skyscraper. Fujiko is supposed to be the leader of BABEL, but noticeably missing in all of the visions is......BABEL. This can be explained as "BABEL was busy somewhere else", but it could also mean something like "BABEL no longer exists".
Old 2012-02-11, 12:55   Link #187
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I remember that one. The gag strips are a good way to slip in extra information without wasting actual story "air time".

She's always been the Queen, and I don't think that will change. It's not like she's evil in the future, but she does choose PANDRA over BABEL in that timeline. In this timeline, it looks like both groups are slowly integrating, so that choice may not be needed. Still, we're missing a few key parts of that future, namely what happened between "past" Kaoru finding out about Black Phantom's plans and her joining Hyoubu while leaving everyone at BABEL (including Shiho and Aoi) behind. We know why she left, but we don't know how she ended up creating the distrust that Miyamoto, Shiho, and Aoi displayed in the "flashbacks/visions" we've seen.

Also of note is that the version of events Feather showed Miyamoto had Fujiko working with Shiho to defeat Black Phantom, and it is clear that this is right around the time Kaoru and Miyamoto were facing off on the roof of the skyscraper. Fujiko is supposed to be the leader of BABEL, but noticeably missing in all of the visions is......BABEL. This can be explained as "BABEL was busy somewhere else", but it could also mean something like "BABEL no longer exists".
I'm not so sure Shiho and Aoi were left behind. Remember that Feather has the consciousness of all three via psycho burst link. Maybe Kaoru was the first of the three to catch on and leave BABEL, but by the end, all three of them are on the same page.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 16:43   Link #188
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I'm not so sure Shiho and Aoi were left behind. Remember that Feather has the consciousness of all three via psycho burst link. Maybe Kaoru was the first of the three to catch on and leave BABEL, but by the end, all three of them are on the same page.
I'm referring to one of the early flashback chapters, when adult Shiho and Aoi catch Kaoru back at the old apartment where they grew up. They accuse her of betraying everyone and believe she has gone bad. The whole chapter is them wary of her and her request to at least listen to her side of the story while they reminisce about Minamoto. (There's gotta be a harem ending in one of these timelines! I can easily picture Kaoru getting all "perverted old man" over that thought. )

Kaoru was the first to leave, but Shiho and Aoi eventually joined her because they were shown what she knew about what Black Phantom really intended to do with espers and normals. We see Fujiko (no clue how she got involved), but Minamoto appears clueless and the rest of BABEL is nowhere to be found. Nukes, dead Kaoru, that future sucked, etc.
Old 2012-02-11, 16:50   Link #189
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Bullet eventually got involved (and killed) too but yeah, we don't have much information about how things got so fucked. Only that they eventually did.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 20:21   Link #190
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 291:
Old 2012-02-27, 03:17   Link #191
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 292:
Old 2012-03-03, 18:18   Link #192
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It's going strong, I enjoy ZKC the most when it decides to focus on its excellent plot instead of going off to lalaland.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 18:18   Link #193
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

finally i catch after i am forgetting this series when i drop it mid way (around when phantom get captured). wow so much development. granted is been around year since that chapter.

anyway several comment of current situation

Spoiler for series:

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 14:40   Link #194
Shadow5YA

Chapter 297 is out. That's weird... no 4koma this time?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 16:26   Link #195
ellifeedn
Thinker

It happens from time to time.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 12:54   Link #196
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

hmm interesting strategy there queen of catastrophe

and lol at shino "tease"

Old 2012-04-16, 15:50   Link #197
DakkerDB

Interesting development. Also, entirely sweet and cute.
DakkerDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 18:23   Link #198
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

thought i am wondering. do Backup Hyoubu and Real Hyoubu somehow connected?

Old 2012-04-17, 17:27   Link #199
DakkerDB

Well, I guess there should be some sort of connection, since everyone in the story seems to think Child Hyobu is the key to eventually bringing the real Hyoubu back.
But you know, since it seems to be in-story speculation on the characters' part, then there's no way to really know until the time comes to reveal whatever needs to be revealed.
DakkerDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 03:34   Link #200
ShiroiRyu

299 : I wanted to be with the girls too !

Tags
action, shounen