AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-09-23, 10:21   Link #1481
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Did she get her knife proficiency through hard training or is she just naturally good at it for some reason?
- Both.

Seriously.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 17:55   Link #1482
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Both.

Seriously.
Then again I guess she's halfway between normal and abnormal.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 18:24   Link #1483
falcolobo
The Third Runner

My story is somewhat complicated, but if read from the beginning it is easy to follow.

SECOND CHANCE

PLOT:
Ichika Orimura was taken hostage for the second time of his life, right after he had taken his high school entrance exams...but this time it doesn't end as well as his first incident. This time he gets caught in an explosion during a rescue gone wrong, and is on the verge of death. Shinonono Tabane, intervenes after being called by Orimura Chifuyuu. She has a daring plan: install an IS core into Ichika's dying body. After a painstaking surgery, it is a success Ichika is now part IS.

But the time to relax isn't now. Do to international pressures of Japan gaining an extra IS (for Ichika's IS is a new one built by Tabane), he is forced to enter IS Academy...a school only for girls.

LINK:

SECOND CHANCE
Old 2011-09-23, 19:07   Link #1484
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcolobo View Post
My story is somewhat complicated, but if read from the beginning it is easy to follow.

SECOND CHANCE

PLOT:
Ichika Orimura was taken hostage for the second time of his life, right after he had taken his high school entrance exams...but this time it doesn't end as well as his first incident. This time he gets caught in an explosion during a rescue gone wrong, and is on the verge of death. Shinonono Tabane, intervenes after being called by Orimura Chifuyuu. She has a daring plan: install an IS core into Ichika's dying body. After a painstaking surgery, it is a success Ichika is now part IS.

But the time to relax isn't now. Do to international pressures of Japan gaining an extra IS (for Ichika's IS is a new one built by Tabane), he is forced to enter IS Academy...a school only for girls.

LINK:

SECOND CHANCE
This at least explains why Ichika can pilot the suit even though he's a male and nobody else can, please continue this story.
Old 2011-09-23, 20:43   Link #1485
falcolobo
The Third Runner

Quote:
This at least explains why Ichika can pilot the suit even though he's a male and nobody else can, please continue this story.
Thank you! I plan to also redesign Byakku Shiki, into something a bit more streamline, and since the IS is apart of him, he may easily have more than 2 shifts.

I'm thinking of him having an arm weapon from the beginning.

I plan to also fill some plot holes and tech specs.

Not sure about pairing, might just make it a harem.
Old 2011-09-23, 20:51   Link #1486
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:

SECOND CHANCE

PLOT:

LINK:

SECOND CHANCE
I`ve read your story. I don`t know why Ichika is able to pilot an IS..I think your story might be a possible cover story

Last edited by Silver-Throne; 2011-09-24 at 01:20.
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 20:54   Link #1487
Eratas123

What do you mean more streamline? Do you mean you'll have Byaku-Shiki able to use equalizers?

As for pairings: Picking either Char or Houki is the safest bet since they're the fan preferred couples, making it harem is okay as long as you can balance all their screentime.

BTW- please read my story "IS:What lies in shadow" every reader, comment, and valid criticism counts
Old 2011-09-23, 21:13   Link #1488
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Thank you! I plan to also redesign Byakku Shiki, into something a bit more streamline, and since the IS is apart of him, he may easily have more than 2 shifts.

I'm thinking of him having an arm weapon from the beginning.

I plan to also fill some plot holes and tech specs.

Not sure about pairing, might just make it a harem.
Quote:
What do you mean more streamline? Do you mean you'll have Byaku-Shiki able to use equalizers?

As for pairings: Picking either Char or Houki is the safest bet since they're the fan preferred couples, making it harem is okay as long as you can balance all their screentime.

BTW- please read my story "IS:What lies in shadow" every reader, comment, and valid criticism counts
By Streamlined, do you mean like...ShiroKishi? Notice that while the sword is damn large, the LEGS are human sized and the wings are modest, not as massive as most I.S.

As for pairing, Eratas is right, but don't forget Laura, even though she's more often paired with O.C.
Old 2011-09-23, 21:17   Link #1489
Eratas123

Should be finishing chapter 3 in a few hours. Please read when it's done.
Old 2011-09-24, 00:22   Link #1490
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:

SECOND CHANCE

PLOT:

LINK:

SECOND CHANCE
Rebuilt of Infinite Stratos, APPROVED.
Old 2011-09-24, 01:23   Link #1491
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I hate writers block. It's like going into a brick wall at mach 5, especially when I'm on a roll for a story. Augh.
At least I can listen to music that can put me in the mood to write this right...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUwZm...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxKfA...eature=related

Last edited by wavehawk; 2011-09-24 at 02:31.
Old 2011-09-24, 02:53   Link #1492
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Rebuilt of Infinite Stratos, APPROVED.
Damn straight, interesting stuff we're getting.
Old 2011-09-24, 03:10   Link #1493
Eratas123

We've been getting a surge of fics lately, pretty odd since this is for all intents and purposes a harem anime while almost all the fics are pretty much GRIMDARK or have GRIMDARK elements added into them. Guess we're getting tired of the usual harem antics.
Old 2011-09-24, 03:23   Link #1494
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I wouldn't call my Linyin fic Grimdark, but the current one...yeah.
Old 2011-09-24, 03:46   Link #1495
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Grimdark? Sacred Twins?? Hardly.

Though I and Blitz decided to take the harem antics from serious, psychological point of view. Indeed, it'll be darker than canon not because I made it darker, it's because we took things seriously.

The same could be said for everyone's fics (which I could safely said is darker than mine), for example, Eratas' child soldier and Jaks' mercenary, those are the parties that CLEARLY been the victim of I.S. invention.

Grimdark is when something made darker just because it's fun to make it dark and edgy story without clear plotline *cough*W40K*cough*.

Instead, we just took the source material faithfully and deconstructed it for the sake of awesome plot. Yes, even GRIMDARK need plot to be awesome. Ciaphas Cain and Gaunt Ghost just few examples.
Old 2011-09-24, 03:52   Link #1496
HasuMasu
*Artist

Mine isn't dark, yet.
Old 2011-09-24, 04:00   Link #1497
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
We've been getting a surge of fics lately, pretty odd since this is for all intents and purposes a harem anime while almost all the fics are pretty much GRIMDARK or have GRIMDARK elements added into them. Guess we're getting tired of the usual harem antics.
Hard to work on getting the attention of like 5-6 girls when they're already locked on to one (un)lucky dude. Though that's just me. Some people prefer to work deeper.

Which is always welcome
Old 2011-09-24, 04:19   Link #1498
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Just a tiny bit I managed to finish, painfully.
Quote:
"Hmmm." <Ren> whispered to herself. The security men were more
disciplined than she had initially thought. She was gambling on the
troops firing at the metal screw she'd thrown to buy her time to attack,
but it was bait they did not fall for.

Still, it was entirely within line of her expectations.

Slowly, she slid between the rust-darkened walls and cabinets litterign
the building. She could not make any overt move just yet, as the sheer
firepower at this point would stop her. Had they been unarmed, <Ren>
would have been confident in taking them all on at once.

The security men were open, direct combatants, much like Samurai. Highly
trained, exceptionally gifted, and utterly incapable of adapting to the
changing battlefield when their rules of engagement fail.

"I should turn up the pressure, then.
Old 2011-09-24, 04:41   Link #1499
Eratas123

Finished Chapter 3! Once EthernalRain has beta read it then it will go up on fanfiction.net. Please read and review once it's posted

Oh, I have to give a warning on possible OOC and mood whiplash (particularly on Ichika's segments).
Old 2011-09-24, 05:32   Link #1500
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Grimdark? Sacred Twins?? Hardly.

Though I and Blitz decided to take the harem antics from serious, psychological point of view. Indeed, it'll be darker than canon not because I made it darker, it's because we took things seriously.

The same could be said for everyone's fics (which I could safely said is darker than mine), for example, Eratas' child soldier and Jaks' mercenary, those are the parties that CLEARLY been the victim of I.S. invention.

Grimdark is when something made darker just because it's fun to make it dark and edgy story without clear plotline *cough*W40K*cough*.

Instead, we just took the source material faithfully and deconstructed it for the sake of awesome plot. Yes, even GRIMDARK need plot to be awesome. Ciaphas Cain and Gaunt Ghost just few examples.
Uh, that's "mercenaries". There's 4 of them. And yes, from what it looks like so far, Project Silverback has this "Grimdark" tone to it.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest