AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-01-08, 19:16   Link #701
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr325 View Post
Well, it's the flaw in animation that did not cover the situation about Ichika in detail.

But it's also possible that it might be mentioned by little bits during next couple episodes, and you are jumping to conclusion prematurely.

You see, it's a 12-episode work, and it wouldn't be fair to judge its quality after watching just 1/12 of it.

Let me give you a fair comparison of the situation he is currently into (as of EP-01)

1. Pick a foreign language that you don't understand at all.

2. Get yourself a 'How to learn that language' booklet. preferably a single edition that is as thick as yellow page.

3. No other studying aide is allowed. You must use only that booklet.

4. You have just 7 days to learn the language, and become proficient enough to discuss literature in that language with someone else.

5. Can you blame Ichika for being lazy now?
Thats a pretty accurate simulation. Hopefully, after another 2-3 episodes people will stop prematurely judging the anime and at that point they either decide to drop the series or continue. One or the other.
Hiro Hayase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 19:56   Link #702
Arya

First episode looks fine to me, even if, as mentioned before, right now it is a cliched harem show. I hope they are exaggerating some clichèd character traits on purpose because it is the first episode. I hope, because that brit girl is very a bit annoying
Anyways, give me a MC not-loli long hair tsundere and I will watch all the episodes for sure
Plus the male character looks promising first of all because he's going to have an active role in the action, I mean he is/will be strong enough. I don't like thse MC who have no strength or power (but it would be strange otherwise since this is a mecha show). But we'll know more depending on
Spoiler for speculations:
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 20:18   Link #703
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Spoiler for Speculations:
Old 2011-01-08, 20:22   Link #704
ZeKeR
Superbad

he DID say he'll do a handicap, right? ima thinking that he will actually NOT attack her but wait for a single strike to end it all
Old 2011-01-08, 20:37   Link #705
zephyr325

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
he DID say he'll do a handicap, right? ima thinking that he will actually NOT attack her but wait for a single strike to end it all
He did say that, but at the end they decides to do duel with no handicap for either side.

But I'd say that he is already handicapped enough as it is...
zephyr325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 20:43   Link #706
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
One thing I liked about this first episode was how clear the background chatter of the girls were.

Like usually its mumbled, or its just non-sense dialogue.

And while it is just girlish gossip in the background, to me, it helped build the whole situations rather nicely. and the whole school environment.
The girls are all M! I can clearly hear that they also want to be punished
Old 2011-01-08, 21:11   Link #707
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
To be scolded by the person they admire so much! There is no other option but to turn into a Masochist!!
Old 2011-01-08, 21:25   Link #708
larethian

is it just me who finds:
Mio, Shino and Houki look alike? I know it's a coincidence, but still...
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 21:38   Link #709
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
is it just me who finds:
Long dark hair ?

Nono, I sort of feel it as well... Weird huh ? There's really nothing distinctively similar but still...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 22:51   Link #710
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
is it just me who finds:
I'd be more surprised if anyone having seen the 3 animes them characters are from didn't think their was some sorta similarity or general feel between the 3
I think I would put it down to coincidence as well but yea, "still..."

Well Mio would have been my pick between the 3 but damn Houki is just too adorably cute, if she gets any cuter she will taking the lead over Mio.
Old 2011-01-08, 23:10   Link #711
tsunade666

who's Mio or from what anime is the Mio you guys are talking about? From Houki I can only remember the student council prez in setokai and she also reminds me of another student council president from another anime about the student council which is having a maid part time job..... sorry I'm bad with title and names
Old 2011-01-08, 23:32   Link #712
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

i think its the singer from K-ON!
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 23:48   Link #713
tsunade666

Is the voice actress the same for those 3?............... wait the voice .....ah the same okay. Long black hair. Now I understand
Old 2011-01-09, 00:42   Link #714
larethian

what I meant was that it's kind of coincidental these 3 characters Hikasa Yoko voiced looked pretty similar. Mio from K-On, Shino from Seitokai Yakuindomo, and Houki from IS.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 00:47   Link #715
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

vandread?? style lacks 2 more males to be in same league as vandread but man dense guy is dense is freakingly annoying
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 01:37   Link #716
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I want to be scolded and punish by his sister too!
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 02:15   Link #717
TrueKnight

I'm going to speculate based on the events limited only in anime episode 1.

I think it's strongly hinted that Houki has feelings for the main guy. The first was the rooftop scene where Houki is being a tsundere. The second was the scene in their room, where she kinda expect Ichika to say that he requested to be in the same room with her. Judging from those imo it's safe to assume Houki likes the guy.

And mind you novel readers (or those who knew the plot and story), appreciate if you guys don't ruin the fun by saying this is wrong or not because it ain't based on the novels. Considering that most of us are Japanese illiterate or don't like to read novels but just enjoy watching shows and cartoons on the screen.

On side note, dense male lead are a must to spice a harem or in any harem show. I don't mind a dense lead as long he's a badass and can actually fight. Not just some dumbfuck pussies, losers or wimps lead who's prolly relying on kindness and by default having all girls swooning over him, or worse, having the girls taking all the action while the main guy himself sitting as mary-sue.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 02:23   Link #718
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

Quote:
what I meant was that it's kind of coincidental these 3 characters Hikasa Yoko voiced looked pretty similar. Mio from K-On, Shino from Seitokai Yakuindomo, and Houki from IS.
woah, i didn't recognized her voice as Houki..

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 03:23   Link #719
tsunade666

I recognized Houki's voice similar to shiino and also the looks but not mio or maybe it's just that I'm not a total fan of K-On.

And isn't it obvious that houki likes ichika just from the roof scene that I believe. And maybe the other girls on his class. He is sure one lucky guy. But the girls really lack ..... how to put it shame? or something or maybe they are not use to guys. It's just that in the scene when houki rains wooden blade works on ichika forcing him to run outside. The girls are all in their PJ or at least getting ready to sleep with .... what lack of clothes -_- or that's just for fan service stuff.

His really one lucky guy. Reminds me of isekai no monogatari.
Old 2011-01-09, 03:23   Link #720
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa Maneira View Post
woah, i didn't recognized her voice as Houki..
Probably because Shino is talking a lot of perverted remarks. Compared to Houki, a little timid and strict girl.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, mecha, romance, school life, sci-fi, shounen, stupid protagonist