Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-11, 21:03   Link #21
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
I wonder if this is the entry list thread for Saimoe 2009 - http://changi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vote/1244553981/

Saimoe 2009 Chinese wiki site - http://www32.atwiki.jp/saimoe/

Saimoe 2009 @wiki - http://www7.atwiki.jp/saimoe09/

Since the main site haven't fully up yet,so i guess they still haven't conduct the character nomination part yet..
Yep, it's the nomination list. Not sure it's complete, but all of my prospective votes are on it, so... maybe?
And they are allowing votes for people from the web Haruhi series, Haruhi-chan and Churuya-san. Awesome.
Yuki with a guitar or Yuki with bunny headphones?
Old 2009-06-12, 06:06   Link #22
Mion
Gin <3
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Mion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Wow, the 2009 thread is open already.

I just hope people like me who were banned in the middle of the tournament last year are unbanned now...

i hope that too

i want to vote
Old 2009-06-12, 21:33   Link #23
Eater of All
NOM

Looks like it's that time of the year again. I'm anticipating that explosion between Haruhi/K-On and the anti-Kyoanists.
Old 2009-06-13, 02:29   Link #24
uis

Hmmm... with five series eligible this year, Kyoani sure become scary opponent...

Anyway go my Yui and Azusa... enough with LS, Clannad and Haruhi...
Give newbie a chance this year...
Old 2009-06-13, 03:07   Link #25
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Seven:

Munto (TV + movie)
Clannad After Story
Lucky Star (OVA)
K-On!
Haruhi 2009
Haruhi-chan
Nyoro~n

Munto....I don't expect much out of Munto to be honest.

Clannad:
Kyou has her OVA due very soon.
Nagisa should be dangerous...more so than last year.
Tomoyo is still Tomoyo
I have doubts on Kotomi, Fuuko, Yukine, and Ryou this year.
I'm still hoping for Ushio and Mei.
Mei didn't have much airtime but managed to outmoe a lot of character in her limited time.
Ushio seemed to melt frozen hearts...even of the people who didn't like Clannad.

Lucky Star:
The Hiiragi Twins will be less dangerous this year, but should still be competitive.
Konata should have lost some steam by now.

K-On!:
Mio, Yui, and Azusa should have a good run.

Haruhi 2009:
Haruhi, Yuki, and Mikuru...assuming they aren't forced to take each other out like last time...will be very dangerous...Especially later on if they survive...especially Yuki.

Haruhi-chan:
They are all dangerously cute in chibi form, but Yuki-chan and Achakura are probably the most dangerous combination from this series.

Nyoro~n:
Churuya-san is about the only moe factor this one has...aside from Ashakura.
Old 2009-06-13, 06:13   Link #26
uis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

Haruhi 2009:
Haruhi, Yuki, and Mikuru...assuming they aren't forced to take each other out like last time...will be very dangerous...Especially later on if they survive...especially Yuki.

Haruhi-chan:
They are all dangerously cute in chibi form, but Yuki-chan and Achakura are probably the most dangerous combination from this series.

Nyoro~n:
Churuya-san is about the only moe factor this one has...aside from Ashakura.
Seriously if this year have 3 Haruhi and 3 Yuki or another multiple Haruhi character entering saimoe... i will end hate Haruhi series...
Old 2009-06-13, 23:56   Link #27
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Yuki Nagato vs Akiyama Mio is the only match worth looking at this year's saimoe, seriously the rest of the people be it KyoAni or not will not be able to defeat either fo these 2 this year, the only non KyoAni threat atm is Aisaka Taiga and Hinagiku. Japan's recent polls further confirm the power that Nagato and Mio hold
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2009-06-14, 00:46   Link #28
mechdra

This year will be interesting with so many good characters going to compete but I felt that there is a few dark horses around this time. Those that I think ould be a treat to the kyoani group is Strike Witches and Index's gang especially Biri biri. Japan loves Tsundere and Loli.
Old 2009-06-14, 01:23   Link #29
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Yuki Nagato vs Akiyama Mio is the only match worth looking at this year's saimoe, seriously the rest of the people be it KyoAni or not will not be able to defeat either fo these 2 this year, the only non KyoAni threat atm is Aisaka Taiga and Hinagiku. Japan's recent polls further confirm the power that Nagato and Mio hold
This is Japanese Saimoe, and typically, the strongest exit the earliest. Concentrated anti-votes are a powerful force, strong enough to stop Kagami via. Rena, and Suigintou via. Louise. There is no guarantees, especially not for Mio and Yuki who will have a large target painted on their back before the competition even begins. The more power they hold, the harder they are likely to fall.
Old 2009-06-14, 02:13   Link #30
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well.... I wouldn't put TOO much on hate voting this time around. They'll be there, but I don't think its going to be that strong, if last year's saimoe was of any indication. Even fake voting didn't go out of hand if memory serves correct, plus there really ain't that big of a rivalry between two major factions this time around.

In any case, I really do think it's going to be a Kyo-Ani Saimoe this year. You got the Clannad gang (though to be fair, I don't think they'll be much of contention), Haruhi gang (most dangerous being of course, the God Slayer), the Lucky Star gang (including last years winner, the True Love Warrior [<3 whoever gave her that nick]), and the newcomers of K-on (Mio being the most popular).

If there's a matchup I wanna see, its Mio vs Kagami, as they pretty have the same role and function for their group.
Old 2009-06-14, 02:27   Link #31
uis

Hmmm anyway i love this year saimoe because full with good characters...

We have 4 strong Kyoani series... Lucky Star, K-ON, Haruhi and Clannad...
We still have Higurashi and Hayate no Gotoku...

We also have another strong old anime character from Seto no Hanayome and Minami-Ke...
Comeback of Negima and Sawachika Eri (even i didnt feel they doing good this year)
Mikan and Yami from To Love Ru that doing well last year also make come back...

Also strong newcomer series Strike Withes and Sorakake... If Yuki win this spring season poll... Sanya win last year summer poll and Honoka win this year winter poll...

and dont forget powerful Toradora and Index anime... (Taiga and Misaka)

And we have many great another moe character like Nagi, Felli, Alicia, and etc...

Anyway i hope my fav character doing well this year... *even they pass round 1 i happy*

Shokatsuryuu Koumei - I didnt know how powerful Koihime Musou in Japan but it VN is top 5 last year so i hope she doing well...

Kotegawa Yui - Last time Yui lose in first round because split vote so i hope she doing well this year...

Mashiro Rima - She barely win first round last year because her opponent weak... so i want see how weak she this year *Actually i hope she win*

Aoba Tsugumi - Seriously Tsugumi really cute... Give she win at least first round...

Shirakawa Kotori - I want see Kotori in moe tournament please...

Hayama Mizuki - Mizuki didnt enter Saimoe last year T_T... So i hope she will enter this year...

Ikaruga Ayame - He he at least give Ayame first round people...

Nishijou Nanami - I want see Nanami in moe tournament too...

Katagiri Yuuhi - Yuuhi is Yuuhi... i want see her in Saimoe okay...

Anyway i hope Code Geass and Gundam 00 will never doing well this year he he he...

Anyway i didnt care if Yuki and Mio win anyway...
The No.1 that i support this year will be Hirasawa Yui... *i hope she can win he he he...*
Old 2009-06-14, 02:44   Link #32
mechdra

I hope we can see Sun vs Luna this year.
Old 2009-06-14, 05:41   Link #33
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

All you guys going on and on about Kyoani.....

Best not forget about this little powerhouse:
Spoiler:

I know, for one, that /I/ will be voting for her ^_^

Nope. Not a thing.
Old 2009-06-14, 05:55   Link #34
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-chama View Post
Best not forget about this little powerhouse:
I think I just found the motivation to watch more than the first episode of Strike Witches.
Old 2009-06-14, 08:18   Link #35
mechdra

Sanya FTW!!

One thing I am concern is will Touhou be in as well since it is doujin.
Old 2009-06-14, 10:18   Link #36
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Well.... I wouldn't put TOO much on hate voting this time around. They'll be there, but I don't think its going to be that strong, if last year's saimoe was of any indication. Even fake voting didn't go out of hand if memory serves correct, plus there really ain't that big of a rivalry between two major factions this time around.

In any case, I really do think it's going to be a Kyo-Ani Saimoe this year. You got the Clannad gang (though to be fair, I don't think they'll be much of contention), Haruhi gang (most dangerous being of course, the God Slayer), the Lucky Star gang (including last years winner, the True Love Warrior [<3 whoever gave her that nick]), and the newcomers of K-on (Mio being the most popular).

If there's a matchup I wanna see, its Mio vs Kagami, as they pretty have the same role and function for their group.
It's more a "I have to get rid of this character, so my character has a better chance of winning," not hate voting. It didn't really happen as much last year, but I still noticed a good deal of anti voting. Unfortunately, the anti-voters seemed to completely avoid Kagami...It wasn't as bad as the year before, but that doesn't mean it won't jump back into full throttle this year. You never know.
Old 2009-06-14, 10:21   Link #37
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
It's more a "I have to get rid of this character, so my character has a better chance of winning," not hate voting. It didn't really happen as much last year, but I still noticed a good deal of anti voting. Unfortunately, the anti-voters seemed to completely avoid Kagami...It wasn't as bad as the year before, but that doesn't mean it won't jump back into full throttle this year. You never know.
Yes, that's the usual strategic voting.

Well, true, whenever KyoAni's around, the overhype is BOUND to bring in pure anti-votes. I mean, I am one of those people who just can't stand overhype, so I've been known to anti-vote sometimes for the sake of sanity. In the end it's futile, unless there's real strategic voting going on, hate or anti-votes alone don't usually pull through.

Last edited by npal; 2009-06-14 at 10:34.
Old 2009-06-14, 10:29   Link #38
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
I mean, I am one of those people who just can't stand overhype, so I've been known to anti-vote sometimes of times for the sake of sanity.
Speaks the truth.

And where will be a legion of them willing to do so too. Methinks it won't be a complete cake walk for K-ON. My only true fear of them is Mio...and maybe Azu...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-06-14, 10:36   Link #39
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Yes, that's the usual strategic voting.

Well, true, whenever KyoAni's around, the overhype is BOUND to bring in pure anti-votes. I mean, I am one of those people who just can't stand overhype, so I've been known to anti-vote sometimes of times for the sake of sanity. In the end it's futile, unless there's real strategic voting going on, hate or anti-votes alone don't usually pull through.
mM, I meant strategic votes, not sure what I was thinking when I said 'anti' since I already mentioned most voters don't vote against out of pure hate for the character.

Anyways...Not too many characters this year I can look forward to. A bunch of Kyoani, and...a few tsundere...and, fffff-

I'll just stick to supporting Hinagiku. If I can even vote that is!
Old 2009-06-14, 10:38   Link #40
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Speaks the truth.

And where will be a legion of them willing to do so too. Methinks it won't be a complete cake walk for K-ON. My only true fear of them is Mio...and maybe Azu...
And you just made me stop an error in my previous post... Next time I need to be sure I erase the previous phrase I was gonna use >_<.

The only thing K-ON should be afraid of is Haruhi really. If there's Haruhi in, there's gonna be a slight problem, at least for the less popular K-ON girls. Although Yuki is apparently Haruhi's juggernaut, while K-ON can take confidence is many of its girls. Not sure what other series could go against KyoAni hype.

On the other hand, while many people bash Munto, in terms of Saimoe I'd actually vote for the girls, provided they don't go against any of my favorites (like Yui or possibly Ritsu).

@Demi Well, there ARE people who just hate a character, there are others who hate hype and/or the hyped fanbase of a character/series, and others who try to plan ahead.

Tags
anime, characters, competition, saimoe