AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-07-05, 13:44   Link #41
Secca
nya`
*Artist

This looks might turn interesting, like the Gundam series, there are alot of characters build up the story. But it was crazy how some characters died on the begining of the series already. Looks like death probability is quite high in this series. But then again the enemy was shooting micro black holes so I guess it was pretty deadly. ^^;;

Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 15:19   Link #42
UssoKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeppelinJ0
Looks really cool, but what was wrong with all the characters previewed? Were they all blushing or something, or had they just gotten punched in the face?

anyways, when's the first episode air?
Oh my gosh, I agree completely. Hisashi Hirai is one of my favorite chara designers, and I think his work in Infinite Ryvius is the best personally. Even though I.R came before Gundam SEED, his characters look nicer there than they do in SEED, but this looks like a low for him. I wanted to take a giant eraser to just erase all the little lines they had under their eyes. Gahh!

As for the preview screenshots, I like the 360 cockpit of the main mecha, and it reminds me of RahXephon, which I need to finish watching. It'll be so disorenting watching the two shows at the same time
UssoKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 15:21   Link #43
Tellu54
Banned

Hmm, I was gonna translate this thing; but I've retired myself from fansubbing. >_>

Have any of you guys seen this yet?
http://www.geocities.com/sairai_x/night_vision.html

Looks pretty accurate, though possibly a rush job since the show came out what, last night?
Tellu54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 16:01   Link #44
Soulfang
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellu54
Hmm, I was gonna translate this thing; but I've retired myself from fansubbing. >_>

Have any of you guys seen this yet?
http://www.geocities.com/sairai_x/night_vision.html

Looks pretty accurate, though possibly a rush job since the show came out what, last night?
Ah great, now a million groups'll sub it.

Not like they weren't going to anyway :P
Soulfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 16:54   Link #45
Tellu54
Banned

Didn't that happen with Naruto too?
Old 2004-07-05, 17:54   Link #46
Soulfang
Inactive Member

Quote:
Didn't that happen with Naruto too?
Referring to scripts being posted on some site?

I dunno.
Soulfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 19:55   Link #47
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UssoKK
Even though I.R came before Gundam SEED, his characters look nicer there than they do in SEED, but this looks like a low for him. I wanted to take a giant eraser to just erase all the little lines they had under their eyes. Gahh
I guess the tiny difference in the way they draw his characters in this show is a result of a different animation studio using his work...
Old 2004-07-05, 23:45   Link #48
MrBrown

Well, I watched eps 1 and 2... And it seemed kinda average. Alot of things reminded me of Eva, like the walls and the control room. The story seemed to take itself too seriously and ended up with lots of weird scenes without much emotional effect. What bothered me most if how much the characters looked like Gundam Seed characters. I'll probably keep watching for a while to see how the story develops, it does show a little promise.
MrBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 23:50   Link #49
Tellu54
Banned

It does take itself a LITTLE seriously I guess... but that's to be expected of any Sci-Fi show. It was totally devoid of EVA-style whining. The main character agreed to pilot the mech without any real complaints. That to me is a point in its favor.
Old 2004-07-06, 00:26   Link #50
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
This looks might turn interesting, like the Gundam series, there are alot of characters build up the story. But it was crazy how some characters died on the begining of the series already. Looks like death probability is quite high in this series. But then again the enemy was shooting micro black holes so I guess it was pretty deadly. ^^;;
well, I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing... many people died in Gundam SEED too, however the death scenes are highly inconsistent. Like Tanaka Yoshiki's words, killing a million faceless nobody characters won't be as good as killing a single main character (or something like this...).
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 01:38   Link #51
Tellu54
Banned

That's one other thing that seems to be a good part of this anime; I haven't seen ANYBODY who wasn't related to another character somehow. And not just major characters too; the flight squad leader is the wife of the control board operator, and their daughter is a good friend of Makabe, etc. etc...
I think this ties in with the fact that the island's population is so small, but the impact of the giant mech battles and suchlike on the lives of everyday people, if you can call anybody living on that island normal, is a theme that I really hope they continue to explore.
Old 2004-07-06, 04:10   Link #52
MrBrown

Quote:
It does take itself a LITTLE seriously I guess... but that's to be expected of any Sci-Fi show.
I was thinking more about the (supposedly) emotional scenes rather than immersion or suspension of disbelief.

Quote:
It was totally devoid of EVA-style whining. The main character agreed to pilot the mech without any real complaints. That to me is a point in its favor
Agreed... However, those stills they have 'floating' at the ending credits forebode that there'll be some bishie angst (ala Gundam Seed) later on. Hopefully that won't happen.
MrBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 06:49   Link #53
Scy

Oops, double posting. Could someone pls delete this message? Thanks!
Scy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 06:49   Link #54
Scy

After watching the first episode, my first impression is not that good. This show seems dull and unimpressive . And very run-of-the-mill. Hopefully it will get better by the next episode.
Scy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 10:27   Link #55
wedge
Bah

Send a message via AIM to wedge
Soukyuu no Fafner

I couldn't find any info on this anime on Animenfo.com, I'm wondering what this anime is about cause i see that a lot of people are dling it which means it's obviously good or something
wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 10:41   Link #56
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge
I couldn't find any info on this anime on Animenfo.com, I'm wondering what this anime is about cause i see that a lot of people are dling it which means it's obviously good or something
Perhaps, instead of creating a new thread, you could have had a look there and made an opinion about it
Also, have a look here ; I'm sure it'll help you too
Old 2004-07-06, 12:40   Link #57
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand
Looks pretty classical mecha style but i like it...

What do you think about animation? I find it very very fluid !
It's adequate. I personally don't care for the character designs, so I'm a bit biased in that respect. Certain scenes are very fluid, but others use seemingly random shortcuts (i.e. heavy motion lines), and I wish that the animation were a bit more balanced.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 12:46   Link #58
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand
Looks pretty classical mecha style but i like it...

What do you think about animation? I find it very very fluid !
The animation is so pretty, I love it. So far I'm loving this anime, I have been waiting months for it.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 13:03   Link #59
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I been watching the episodes several time to make sense the characters.

There is something that stil confuse me. Is the island name is Rakuen? or is it just a figure of speaking they call it "paradise" because it's their home?
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 14:19   Link #60
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
I think thats the name of the island.