AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2007-10-02, 20:18   Link #161
Hiyono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisuke CP9 View Post
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Hiyono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 23:00   Link #162
LCeh

Whoa, not sure what happened, but chapter 146 came out really early this week.

Spoiler:
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 23:17   Link #163
anselfir
Style Über Alles

wow, something happening. imagine that.
Old 2007-10-04, 06:49   Link #164
CJL13
God of his own ego

Spoiler:
CJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 08:30   Link #165
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post
Spoiler:
Now if we can get Maria on the same bout maybe we can get a real harem going here.
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 09:16   Link #166
hchuang

Something to the effect of "If I want to meet Hayate I can always do so. We are not separate by life or death, nor do we have any quarral. When we meet we can talk happily... even if I never get a response (to her confession)..." Basically Ayumu confessed to Hayate before because she feared that she'll never see him ever again because he was dropping out of his previous school. Now Ayumu is quite at ease because she knows that Hayate can be her friend for as far as she can see.

An admirably easy-going attitude yet surprisingly profound. The hamster wins more points in my book. This is a great highlight on why these characters in HnG are so likable.

Quite a stark contrast to School Days.
hchuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 16:26   Link #167
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchuang View Post
Something to the effect of "If I want to meet Hayate I can always do so. We are not separate by life or death, nor do we have any quarral. When we meet we can talk happily... even if I never get a response (to her confession)..." Basically Ayumu confessed to Hayate before because she feared that she'll never see him ever again because he was dropping out of his previous school. Now Ayumu is quite at ease because she knows that Hayate can be her friend for as far as she can see.

An admirably easy-going attitude yet surprisingly profound. The hamster wins more points in my book. This is a great highlight on why these characters in HnG are so likable.

Quite a stark contrast to School Days.
That was a much better translation than I did. Thanks.

And yea, both Hina and Ayumu won major points in this chapter. Good to see.
Old 2007-10-04, 17:49   Link #168
-Breakthrough-

Oh and by the way, what's the name of that purple haired student council member who appeared wearing a kimono in the recent chapters in Sakuya's mansion, talking to Haruko?
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 18:04   Link #169
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
Now if we can get Maria on the same bout maybe we can get a real harem going here.
maria route is paradise lost
Old 2007-10-04, 18:10   Link #170
Mentar
Banned

*lol*

Okay, so THIS is how they manage to stave off Hina in 146 - I was wondering how they were gonna avoid having Hina confessing, because there was no chance it could work out. But by turning her "cannot lose!" mentality against her, they effectively managed to "reset" without really resetting directly. Nicely done.

Let's see if Hina regains some of her former positive-optimistic-selfconfident traction now!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 06:54   Link #171
Turambar
Procrastination Major

mmmm thank you very much LCeh, my morning of craptastic classes has brightened up considerably
Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 13:05   Link #172
archanfels

Actual plot development in HnG?! THIS IS MADNESS!

I Kid, sort of. After condamning this series as "School Rumble 2" aka "another failed-to-be-different romance manga" 10 months ago, these recent chapters restored some faith.

It's funny and bit sad that it's in a way like those lackluster shonen mangas (coughnarutocough) where the best chapters are the ones where the main characters are not in it (in this case Hayate/Nagi)

The author (forgot his name) dodged a potentially dramatic climax/hot situation by giving hamster the really easy-going attitude. A bit cliche if you ask me, the whole one player has no will to fight in the final showdown thingy. But still, developments are developments.(better dodge it than try take on some epic twist and utterly fail to handle the situation aka SR) And both Hamster and Hina get bonus points (especially Hamster, whose anime counterpart's annoyance makes baby jesus cry)

All in all good stuff, though the future still relies on how the author handles Hayate and Nagi. Both characters are getting boring and repetitive lately. And at this point he needs to address the ultimate question for all harem authors: Just what does Hayate has to make all these girls drool over him? And no, "being a nice guy" is no acceptable answer (may Akamatsu burn in hell for setting this dumbass pattern with his infamous Love Hina). Failure to address this issue will turn the series into another Love Hina/Ichigo 100% etc.

And finally a little off-topic: I often compare HnG to SR, and interestingly enough both series had some plot development in recent chapters (Madness, I know). Though I have to say HnG handled it way better than SR, which is not showing any signs of getting out of the ugly mess that is itself.
archanfels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 13:19   Link #173
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanfels View Post
All in all good stuff, though the future still relies on how the author handles Hayate and Nagi. Both characters are getting boring and repetitive lately. And at this point he needs to address the ultimate question for all harem authors: Just what does Hayate has to make all these girls drool over him? And no, "being a nice guy" is no acceptable answer (may Akamatsu burn in hell for setting this dumbass pattern with his infamous Love Hina). Failure to address this issue will turn the series into another Love Hina/Ichigo 100% etc.
I have the same worry as well, but the way things have been happening, I think the author will address it later on. I mean, he is doing a good job with the plot considering this started out almost like a brainless silly comedy.
Old 2007-10-11, 19:29   Link #174
LCeh

This chapter marks the 3rd year anniversary of serialization for Hayate, so this is a special chapter to celebrate.

Have only seen the raw of 147, and I don't understand Japanese, so I have no clue what happened, but...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-11, 21:34   Link #175
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
This chapter marks the 3rd year anniversary of serialization for Hayate, so this is a special chapter to celebrate.

Have only seen the raw of 147, and I don't understand Japanese, so I have no clue what happened, but...

Spoiler:
Sounds like a big helping of fanservice. Imagine if Nagi turns into a Kotohana, good thing Hamster and Hina are learning to fight like gentlewomen.
CJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 20:06   Link #176
LCeh

148 preview spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-23, 10:08   Link #177
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

wow again thanks for the summaries LCeh.

Really looking forward to getting my hands on a volume 13 tankoban..
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 02:13   Link #178
anselfir
Style Über Alles

in 147

Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-29, 22:14   Link #179
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

I've read up to volume 6 and I like what I see so far. The anime has yet to animate the best parts of the earlier volumes.

aargh it's times like this when I wish I could understand kanji ^_^
Old 2007-10-30, 10:00   Link #180
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
maria route is paradise lost
When did that happen? Seems like its just as vaguely possible as all the other things presented.

In reading the raw in what has been about a day, I noticed a trend. The mangaka seems to like going back and forth between the three girls, Maria, Hina, and Hamster, with some side interaction between Hayate and Nagi. So far I don't think I've seen any one definite route that seems obvious and the opposite is also true. Which is a good thing, he's focusing more on the comedy and the comedy revolving around the unresolved drama, than on the drama.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen