Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-05-29, 02:29   Link #4161
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Now this was fan service done right. Dear God what a rocking body!!
How fucking big are those monsters?

God damn.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 03:52   Link #4162
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
From what i understand, Kenichi and Chikage are bonding at a fast rate and that Mikumo is very interested in Kenichi from which she told the Elder directly, what i really wanna see is some Kenichi and Mikumo bonding, kind of like a master and disciple kind of way.

I don't care if Mikumo is over 80, shes a very gorgeous woman, her oppai is GREAT!

But if Silcardo does try to take Miu, than i wonder what Saiga will have to say about that, knowing about what he does to his disciples, i don't think Saiga would be to happy about that, i also don't think Saiga himself is truly a bad guy, considering that Silcardo wanted to make Rachel disappear and that she was put under the One Shadow's (Saiga's) protection, as said by Kajima
Mmm..this is an interesting theory,in fact Mikumo has shown some interest in Kenichi, who wants to use Miu,for to pass Kenichi on her side?
Old 2011-05-29, 03:58   Link #4163
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Mikumo and Tsunade in a mud wrestling match... I can see them go drinking afterwards too.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 08:49   Link #4164
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Cute chapter, though it just seems it yet ANOTHER chapter to drive home just how far Kenichi has to go. I swear, the guy hardly ever seems to actually advance. Every time he thinks he's getting better, he gets proven wrong. The only time where he's actually shown to really surpass anything was his fight with Tirawit and that could have gone either way. He really feels like he's stuck right now-- he'll never be better than Miu-- and the author seems to feel the need to tell us that every 30 chapters or so.

Jealous Miu was cute, though.
Old 2011-05-29, 09:09   Link #4165
qwertzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
So far the none of One Shadow, Nine Fists are really bad people. If anything, they are a group that refuse to adapt to the more peaceful present. The only thing that separates them between Ryosanpaku is that they are willing to take lives if needed. Other that Silcardo, we haven't anyone took innocent lives. And you can't really blame them while during missions.

It's a debate in Asian martial art world for a long time now. Are martial arts in its core a sport or killing techniques?
What about Ogata? He used his disciple to test some dangerous techniques for him while fully aware what damage it might do. He's still keeping Ryuto as some "test subject". It seems he doesn't care wether someone is killed as long as it benefits his training/goals. I kind of get a mad scientist vibe from him.
qwertzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 09:33   Link #4166
Tachibana
タチバナ

Ogata and Silcardo are the worst choices for Miu and Kenichi, the best choices for Miu and Kenichi are Sehrul, Sougetsu, Akira and Mikumo and Saiga, while Agaard isn't part of the Shadow Nine Fists anymore, he treated he disciple the best, he was a good battle loving master, even though his beliefs were in the Satsujinken.

With the way Kenichi is bonding with Chikage, he would most likely be brought under Mikumo while Miu would be a candidate for Ogata, Silcardo, Sehrul, Sougetsu, Akira and Saiga, but for Sougetsu he isn't the worst or best choice, but hes probably in between the two.
Old 2011-05-29, 09:41   Link #4167
ellifeedn
Thinker

Ogata is the Orochimaru of the series. And Mikumo would rather kill Kenichi than let him "poison" Chikage's mind any further.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 09:52   Link #4168
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Cute chapter, though it just seems it yet ANOTHER chapter to drive home just how far Kenichi has to go. I swear, the guy hardly ever seems to actually advance. Every time he thinks he's getting better, he gets proven wrong. The only time where he's actually shown to really surpass anything was his fight with Tirawit and that could have gone either way. He really feels like he's stuck right now-- he'll never be better than Miu-- and the author seems to feel the need to tell us that every 30 chapters or so.
I agree to an extent, but don't forget Miu was trained by the Elder since she was born. Plus she had natural talent to begin with. Kenichi started to recieve training at what, 15? It irks me too sometimes but he probably still has a ways to go. Don't forget all the while Kenichi's improving, Miu probably is too. We don't usually see her training but she probably does all the time.
Old 2011-05-29, 10:05   Link #4169
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Ogata is the Orochimaru of the series. And Mikumo would rather kill Kenichi than let him "poison" Chikage's mind any further.
I don't much like Ogata, because of how he treats his disciples, same goes for Silcardo, and as for Mikumo, yeah she is a Satsujinken user, but she isn't cruel to her disciple like some of the other Shadow Nine Fists. She would most likely be cold towards Kenichi at first for like you said, trying to "poison" Chikage's mind, but whats so strange is that Mikumo is very aware of whats going on, and has yet to do anything about it.
Old 2011-05-29, 11:09   Link #4170
leon4281isback

Send a message via MSN to leon4281isback
I partly blame the author for making Kenichi for making him the way he is, I can understand that poor guy cause I know what misfortune feels like at times. But at the same time, he still has flaws that keeps him from being up to Miu at the rate he's going, although it's true Miu's been at it with martial arts ever since. But it freaking drives me up the wall, the fact that it may be the case that, if possible, Miu could turn to the dark side, giving Kenichi another kick in the a** reality that's going to make him do some extreme training to get her back and all that mess.

Honesty some things aren't that easy so why get too much confidence only to get shut down later? I know that everything about Kenichi is his character, but man when is it going to stop? Everything's that is going on in the current chapter now, what's going to happen later after that has not been fully confirmed it is to that point yet, but One Shadow Fist are planning to go after her as it seems. I know what this is going in at least one possible scenario, I've seen something this similiar all the time. *sigh* Well I guess I have to keep reading this all the way, but I still don't have to like the situation if I don't.
Old 2011-05-29, 14:40   Link #4171
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertzu View Post
What about Ogata? He used his disciple to test some dangerous techniques for him while fully aware what damage it might do. He's still keeping Ryuto as some "test subject". It seems he doesn't care wether someone is killed as long as it benefits his training/goals. I kind of get a mad scientist vibe from him.
True, in that regard Ogata is evil, but on the other hand, his disciple knew full well what they are getting into....
Old 2011-05-29, 14:50   Link #4172
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
True, in that regard Ogata is evil, but on the other hand, his disciple knew full well what they are getting into....
I think Ogata mislead Ryuto in that type of train by not telling him the full consequences of what might happen when he combined both powers. As for Ogata himself, I have a feeling that he still wants to take Kenichi and train him due to what he saw during the his match with Ryuto. Also, despite the Masters of YAMI wanting their own martial arts to be the only best, this man has shown to have a more sinister reason for joining the group.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 15:46   Link #4173
Fran~
floating away...

I think that Ogata is very jealous of Ippo... so, the first thing i believe that Ogata would feel about Ippo is just the desire of killing him.
Old 2011-05-29, 15:53   Link #4174
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
I agree to an extent, but don't forget Miu was trained by the Elder since she was born. Plus she had natural talent to begin with. Kenichi started to recieve training at what, 15? It irks me too sometimes but he probably still has a ways to go. Don't forget all the while Kenichi's improving, Miu probably is too. We don't usually see her training but she probably does all the time.
I can understand that, but we don't need to be constantly reminded of it every couple months or so. Just let the guy train, fight and get better. Don't keep telling us he'll never catch up to Miu or the the Masters. That's honestly the only real issue I have with this manga. We never get any real signs of Kenichi's growth. If there's an issue, they'll do a training arc to help overcome it, but there's no sense that he's getting any closer to the other fights. It's not just him, though... all the fighters seem to be "stuck" at a certain power level. Miu is just a bit stronger than Kenichi, Kenichi is just a bit stronger than Takeda, etc. Every time you think Kenichi may be able to do something amazing, the Masters prove just how wrong he is and he's back to square one.

I'm not saying that it's true for the whole manga-- there was a lot of growth in the beginning. However, since then, the author has dragged things out and it just sort of stopped.
Old 2011-05-29, 15:54   Link #4175
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Ogata and Silcardo are the worst choices for Miu and Kenichi, the best choices for Miu and Kenichi are Sehrul, Sougetsu, Akira and Mikumo and Saiga, while Agaard isn't part of the Shadow Nine Fists anymore, he treated he disciple the best, he was a good battle loving master, even though his beliefs were in the Satsujinken.

With the way Kenichi is bonding with Chikage, he would most likely be brought under Mikumo while Miu would be a candidate for Ogata, Silcardo, Sehrul, Sougetsu, Akira and Saiga, but for Sougetsu he isn't the worst or best choice, but hes probably in between the two.
When was it said that Agaard wasn't with Yami anymore? And what if Miu were to replace Kano as the one to inherit Yami's techniques?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 17:10   Link #4176
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
When was it said that Agaard wasn't with Yami anymore? And what if Miu were to replace Kano as the one to inherit Yami's techniques?
Agaard and Koukin were deported back to thailand, so it could be assumed that they're not with Yami anymore.
Old 2011-05-29, 18:13   Link #4177
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Agaard and Koukin were deported back to thailand, so it could be assumed that they're not with Yami anymore.
If I recall, both left on their own accord to reflect on their loss and improve on their fighting style. The same happen for Ethan and his master as both left for India after their losses. Hopefully we get to see those four back in the near future because all were interesting.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 18:51   Link #4178
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I can understand that, but we don't need to be constantly reminded of it every couple months or so. Just let the guy train, fight and get better. Don't keep telling us he'll never catch up to Miu or the the Masters. That's honestly the only real issue I have with this manga. We never get any real signs of Kenichi's growth. If there's an issue, they'll do a training arc to help overcome it, but there's no sense that he's getting any closer to the other fights. It's not just him, though... all the fighters seem to be "stuck" at a certain power level. Miu is just a bit stronger than Kenichi, Kenichi is just a bit stronger than Takeda, etc. Every time you think Kenichi may be able to do something amazing, the Masters prove just how wrong he is and he's back to square one.

I'm not saying that it's true for the whole manga-- there was a lot of growth in the beginning. However, since then, the author has dragged things out and it just sort of stopped.
That's a very good point Chaos, point taken.
Old 2011-05-29, 19:03   Link #4179
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I disagree entirely, Kenichi has shown huge amounts of Growth. The Master's HAVE acknowledged Kenichi's growth, they just don't want him to get a big head over it.

The Kenichi right now can fight on par with Yami's best disciples, when he used to struggle with members of Ragnarok. He rarely even has "come from behind" wins anymore, he usually just outfights his opponents. Being able to stand up to a Master class opponent, even if only barely, is a huge deal, which is why the Masters where secretly very proud of him.

All of the above said, I really don't see Kenichi actually reaching "Master class" so long as the manga is called what it is. Even if Miu is ahead of Kenichi, it isn't a huge gap, especially when you consider that Miu was trained since early childhood, and Kenichi has only had a year of training.
Old 2011-05-29, 19:42   Link #4180
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Yeah, I have to agree with Fenrir, as crazy as the manga gets (and we all know how fucking bonkers it gets) Kenichi's growth has been entirely natural in that he isn't suddenly steamrolling people left and right after one training session or what have you. It's what makes this series what it is, in reality Kenichi is talentless. We'll get other series where the main character is complete ass until they unearth this hidden talent (OSHITIMHELLASTRONG or HOLYFUCKICANRUNFAST) but Kenichi doesn't have any of that. He doesn't even run the tired trope of HELLASTAMINAMAN, he's just Kenichi. He's the lowest level of everyone in the entire dojo, but that's never kept him from going forward. The moment they start labeling that he can be better then the masters the masters lose their own value in the story, and they're just as much a part of HSDK as he is.

:P

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen