AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-04, 14:11   Link #1
marvelB

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

---

edit from james0246: Marvel's out for a bit, and I am never sure when spoilers are released, so here is the new spoiler thread...

Last edited by james0246; 2012-09-05 at 00:09.
Old 2012-09-05, 05:18   Link #2
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

what is this Kichiku means btw?

I couldn't find any notes/TL notes about it

Last edited by articuzwolf; 2012-09-05 at 05:28.
Old 2012-09-05, 05:37   Link #3
Mazkoom

Send a message via MSN to Mazkoom
chapter is out!!

I loved how sanji came to rescue. it was Epic.. I think he will hold vergo for a while till smoker comes to help him out. Also, it seems Vergo is using Rokushiki (Shigun) with his whole hand instead of one finger!
Luffy was running on par with Smoker's Flying, he burned the floor while running ... nice!

I laughed too much on (BrownBeard bus) LOL!!
Old 2012-09-05, 06:39   Link #4
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

"ah, mine's here"
*gomu gomu punch!!!*
I like Luffy's quick reaction...

and Smoker.... Vergo is slaying your squad... just fall back

since Sanji is the one who rescued Tashigi, that should be a disappointing event for Zoro x Tashigi shipper... ^^
Old 2012-09-05, 07:31   Link #5
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Oh no! There must be something wrong! Vergo is a nice guy! He wouldn't kill no names like us!
Old 2012-09-05, 07:46   Link #6
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Did Luffy ring the door bell? Or was that an elevator? It'd be so hilarious if he actually did ring the bell and punched Ceasar as soon as he opened.

Anyway, Sanji. I'm worrying. I mean Sanji hasn't gone all out yet since the time skip and I can't see him lose the first fight in which he does so, but we all know that Vergo is Smoker's opponent. I'm sure there are other options to resolve this situation, though. Sanji may just hold him off until Smoker arrives, who then finishes him, or we were just fooled into believing that Smoker will fight Vergo. Maybe Luffy will actually need Smoker to fight Ceasar. The two devil fruits (CC and Smoker) are thematically connected after all, but to be honest, I don't see how that could be the case. However, once again, Oda has us guessing what's going to happen next. It's also weird that Zoro seemingly isn't going to fight anybody. Like I said in a previous chapter thread, there are just too few opponents in this fight. Unless Doflamingo shows up, this is likely to become a one-sided beating again. It looks like the situation on the island is a bigger problem right now than the actual villains.
Old 2012-09-05, 07:56   Link #7
ronin myael
lost ronin

i was expecting a clash between vergo and smoker but it looks like vergo will be going up against sanji's diable jambe. and luffy and smoker will probably duke it out with ceasar and happy harpy. finally, the fight begins!
Old 2012-09-05, 08:11   Link #8
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Right now, Tashigi's sword must be going: Ok, has anyone seen that Rust Rust guy from the Enies Lobby arc? Because right now I prefer being turned to mold and used as a back scratcher than continue being used by this sad excuse for femdom anymore. Anyhoo, I wonder how Sanji will fare against Vergo who seems to be a combination of a Rokushiki user with color of armament Haki.
Old 2012-09-05, 08:12   Link #9
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Seeing as Vergo seems to be using Rokushiki (Shigan, in this case), I'm hoping for Sanji to showcase some moves
Old 2012-09-05, 09:06   Link #10
james0246

I'm still interested in seeing a Tekkai enforced by Haki. That has to be one of the strongest defenses in the world.
Old 2012-09-05, 09:10   Link #11
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I'm still interested in seeing a Tekkai enforced by Haki. That has to be one of the strongest defenses in the world.
That would be a pretty powerful combination..

Sanji's observational haki is once again quite keen to pick up Tashigi's panic, I wonder if he picked it up being able to detect women after being on okama island for two years...
Old 2012-09-05, 09:13   Link #12
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Did Luffy ring the door bell? Or was that an elevator? It'd be so hilarious if he actually did ring the bell and punched Ceasar as soon as he opened.

Anyway, Sanji. I'm worrying. I mean Sanji hasn't gone all out yet since the time skip and I can't see him lose the first fight in which he does so, but we all know that Vergo is Smoker's opponent. I'm sure there are other options to resolve this situation, though. Sanji may just hold him off until Smoker arrives, who then finishes him, or we were just fooled into believing that Smoker will fight Vergo. Maybe Luffy will actually need Smoker to fight Ceasar. The two devil fruits (CC and Smoker) are thematically connected after all, but to be honest, I don't see how that could be the case. However, once again, Oda has us guessing what's going to happen next. It's also weird that Zoro seemingly isn't going to fight anybody. Like I said in a previous chapter thread, there are just too few opponents in this fight. Unless Doflamingo shows up, this is likely to become a one-sided beating again. It looks like the situation on the island is a bigger problem right now than the actual villains.
Smoker rang the door bell. He also rang the doorbell at the entrance of the lab. He seem to really love to do that, I wonder why?

About Sanji vs Vergo. I can see Oda coming up with the excuse that Sanji only loses/can't go all out against Vergo because of the damage he took when Nami was inside his body (though he seems to have recovered pretty well already)
I hope Smoker gets his heart back before he fights Vergo.
Old 2012-09-05, 09:14   Link #13
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

As much as i like today's chapter, i'm more interested on the idea of fire being associated with Luffy now. After red hawk, he now can even burn the ground just by speed running. But to say, its not really an impressive speed if Smoker could catch up with him, and beside i think he was running without using G2, or else not even Smoker could catch him. Still, he made the ground burning in fire.

Sure talk about friction, talk about the heat he generates from that speed... but i'm more into the idea of Luffy now might have acquired 2nd ability aside from his rubber ability. I'm not sure, but i expect after this, he gonna execute some more fire based skill other than red hawk, and hes gonna do it without relying on the concept of "friction generates heat" like Sanji do. But this is just my thinking anyway.. i might be wrong tho, seeing that Sanji now is able to create fire out of nowhere without using friction like he did pre-war. But then it would be interesting if Luffy somehow acquired Ace's ability through unknown means, and becoming the 2nd char in OP series to have 2 abilities, next to BB.
Old 2012-09-05, 09:19   Link #14
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
About Sanji vs Vergo. I can see Oda coming up with the excuse that Sanji only loses/can't go all out against Vergo because of the damage he took when Nami was inside his body (though he seems to have recovered pretty well already)
Sanji will not lose to Vergo.
Old 2012-09-05, 09:22   Link #15
james0246

^If all Vergo can do is use Rokushiki mixed with Haki, then I don't see how he can defeat Sanji (even if Sanji is weakened and Vergo is a Rokushiki master). But, if he has some unknown DF ability...well, things will get interesting. Sanji, unlike Zoro, is allowed to be defeated, if only because Zoro would kill himself if he was ever defeated (at least by another swordsmen).
Old 2012-09-05, 09:37   Link #16
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Sanji will not lose to Vergo.
He may not *win* either.. the fight could be interrupted by a smoker entrance and/or a lady distraction.
Old 2012-09-05, 10:00   Link #17
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
what is this Kichiku means btw?

I couldn't find any notes/TL notes about it

I can field this one. The kanji used in the spoiler was "鬼竹", which translates to "bamboo demon". In other words, it looks like it's true that the flute he used to knock out Law was made of bamboo, after all. Maybe that could be his DF power if he has one (bamboo bamboo fruit)? Because I'm pretty sure he's capable of way more than just rokushiki.....

Anyways, cool chapter. Sanji taking on Vergo is a neat surprise. Now it looks like we'll find out for certain how well the third of the monster trio can handle VA-class marines (lol, I'm starting to sound like grey_1960 now, aren't I? ). And the rematch between Luffy and CC sure happened a lot sooner than I expected. I still don't expect the scientist to go down so easily, though. His ability can manipulate all sorts of gases, so he should be capable of way more than just poison and sealing away oxygen......

Also, I wonder how many more of those PH dragons are around? Brownbeard said that the smaller ones are newer, improved models. Thinking about it, perhaps the dragons themselves are a new model of Pacifista.....?
Old 2012-09-05, 10:06   Link #18
james0246

btw, Everyone using Brownbeard as a taxi was pitch perfect this week. Especially, Ussop using Brownbeard's scales as a coat rack and Brooke swinging his legs off the side while complaining about being hungry. I was instantly reminded of dozens of family trips across America and through the world while reading this short section of the chapter. Classic.
Old 2012-09-05, 10:26   Link #19
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
btw, Everyone using Brownbeard as a taxi was pitch perfect this week. Especially, Ussop using Brownbeard's scales as a coat rack and Brooke swinging his legs off the side while complaining about being hungry. I was instantly reminded of dozens of family trips across America and through the world while reading this short section of the chapter. Classic.

Yeah, I love those goofy little moments with Brownbeard. IMO, I'd love to see him join Luffy and co. but I still don't really see that happening. Oh well, maybe Oda will give him his own ministory in the future.....

And speaking of ministories, I suppose Jinbei's going to take out Caribou's brother at this point. Heh, that's the case, then that'd be the second time that ol' chameleon-head got himself shipwrecked underwater!
Old 2012-09-05, 11:18   Link #20
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sanji vs Vergo, eh? Quite an unexpected match-up. I'm very curious to see how he'll fare against a vice admiral. I don't think he'll be able to defeat him, but he should be able to hold his own.