AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-01-14, 07:13   Link #39441
demino_hellsin
That one guy

not a douche like that dude in school days?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 07:21   Link #39442
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
...companion piece to cake eater... some other guy becomes "the world's first male IS pilot" while Ichika is busy at home dealing with older women trying to make him theirs...??? wtf?
And killing him is better how? At least you got a good excuse that it's most definitely not bashing (it isn't) because first and foremost, Cake eater is months old.
Old 2013-01-14, 07:28   Link #39443
demino_hellsin
That one guy

*shrug* it gives Chifuyu a reason to care more about the world than to just focus on one point which is Ichika. Chifuyu is a badass, but you have to admit it's because she has her eyes set on Ichika and only Ichika. She cares as much about the world as Tabane does, well not little enough to start a potential nuclear fallout to prove a point but not enough to save it if Ichika wasn't going to be affected by said nuclear holocaust.

Yeah... you have a point. The ISA side can focus more on school drama... well school drama that can be found in a school that teaches you how to pilot deadly machines whose threat levels the equal that of a thousand nukes. Ichika and the older harem can handle most of the terrorists.

What does cake eater's air time have to do with the OC fic?
Old 2013-01-14, 07:39   Link #39444
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You have a point, but you can cater to character development for that rather than forcibly rob her of Ichika. If Chifuyu start like canon THEN undergo different development, there should be no problem.

As for the air time, only the hardest fandumb will call it asspull reason to put your OC. However this also become unpleasant backfire if your new fic flopped (for whatever reason, I knew Cake Eater is likable at least).
Old 2013-01-14, 07:43   Link #39445
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well, losing Chifuyu and Yamada will definitely be a pain. Since they're still Representative and representative candidate respectively, I'll need new teachers.
Old 2013-01-14, 09:38   Link #39446
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Just to ensure I get techwank right, would this be an appropriate representation of plasma and its effects?

Spoiler for Short:
Old 2013-01-14, 09:43   Link #39447
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Good enough,

One point of reference for the future that particle/plasma/ion speed would matter (the faster it hit, the impact point would be narrower and deeper)
Old 2013-01-14, 09:51   Link #39448
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Should teacher's be OC's too? Or are there canon teachers?
Old 2013-01-14, 09:54   Link #39449
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No other teachers, nothing.
Old 2013-01-14, 10:02   Link #39450
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So I really do need to make OC teachers... That... That's going to go over well -_-"
Old 2013-01-14, 10:07   Link #39451
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Well, I had to as well. Though that's because I'm not exactly prepared to throw an OC into Class One, meet different people, you know...

Edit: Turning in for the night. Chap 2 re-write is done but it's not getting published until I've progressed through Chap 3 enough that it no longer requires any minor changes to the previous chapter.
Old 2013-01-14, 10:28   Link #39452
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I wonder if throwing Ichika and Madoka's dying body into account will make the screw too loose.
Old 2013-01-14, 10:34   Link #39453
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Screw? Lid's already flipped.

All things considered, I'm hitting the hay too.

Already have the swordswoman teacher in mind. Now I just need a couple more.
Old 2013-01-14, 10:50   Link #39454
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's worse, Dying!Ichika told Slider!Ichika and Fem!Ichika that they shouldn't bother trying to 'save' Madoka if they ever met her.

In context, this is because Madoka have safeguard nanomachines swarming her bain, the SLIGHTEST thought of Heel-Face Turn and she'll dead, in this dark verse, her death only delayed by the destruction of PT satellite.

Where both Ichikas misunderstood and think she's simply too insane.
Old 2013-01-14, 23:46   Link #39455
Eratas123

So confused right now. Whatever happened to the days where we talked about how much Ichika and the entire cast felt like shallow cut-outs? Those were the days.......not the good days mind you, just days.
Old 2013-01-14, 23:50   Link #39456
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Uh... You, meister, zero, blitz and tyranid advocated serious warhammer type grimdark that skews on plain insanity and trying to make life as hellish for the cast as much as possible?

I'm grasping at straws here, who else did I miss?
Old 2013-01-14, 23:57   Link #39457
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hawke, don't forget Hawke, though his is not so much grim as it's cynically realistic.

Stratos, Meister, and Rain opted for full contrast of good and evil but with varying shades of gray allover.

-----

BTW, that Dying!Ichika is from the future, specifically 'our version' of Volume 8 as suggested by Ping-sama. Chifuyu died, Tabane went loose and Ichika become dark, vengeful hero.
Old 2013-01-14, 23:59   Link #39458
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So there we have it. Not really all that different from the days passed.
Old 2013-01-15, 00:04   Link #39459
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I still resist to drop Metal Wolf from even more different future fn Dan, where the one from Fem!Ichika verse found a cryptic apocalyptic log like

"I can only say this, if someone find this message, be careful, don't let the power consume you, use the power to fight alongside your friends, you wouldn't want to die alone... or if lucky enough, maybe you won't end dying like I am. Friendship is miraculous"
Old 2013-01-15, 00:33   Link #39460
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I feel an MLP reference over there...

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest