AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 23 35.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 9.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.62%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.62%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-24, 01:44   Link #101
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

very bad animation but so hilarous

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2013-02-24 at 02:17.
Old 2013-02-24, 02:08   Link #102
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Not necessarily. Sibyl is reliant upon the inspectors and enforcers to implement its will -- if they collectively decide not to do it, what's Sibyl going to do? Have a bunch of Chiefs running around as enforcers and hope that nobody notices? Hire a bunch of replacements? We know there are only a few dozen inspectors and enforcers in all Tokyo, and at least two sections are getting suspicious of what's going on, so it's not impossible that they could band together in an "unarmed revolution."
Being suspicious of the system is enough to raise your psychopass score. It's just not easy to coordinate like that if your thoughts are being indirectly monitored.

I am putting my hopes on Akane. A girl who is so righteous that she has no doubts her actions are correct. With no guilt whatsoever that she would do what it takes to get what she wanted legally. She is the opposite of a psychopath; she cares too much to feel guilty.
Old 2013-02-24, 02:26   Link #103
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

I might be the only one who didn't notice the supposedly bad animation In any case it didn't hinder my enjoyment any (as it sometimes does in other shows) so you won't find me complaining.

This episode was, quite naturally, a bit of a breather. Unlike last week's episode that held me in suspense for the full 24 minutes, I was able to sit back and enjoy this week's episode. Like so many others I was also very surprised by the Chief's actions. I find myself wondering why she/he/it would do that in front of so many witnesses. It certainly feels like a departure from what we've seen so far.
Old 2013-02-24, 05:24   Link #104
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post

this is so hilarous I can't stop laughing =))
Old 2013-02-24, 05:35   Link #105
Traece
:cool:

Akane. Swoooooon~ So great in this episode.

The impression that I got from the conversation with Division 2 is that even those inspectors think that there's some fishy stuff going on. If they didn't have suspicions they wouldn't have attempted the deal with Division 1 in the first place.

I like the direction that Psycho Pass is going in. I like that it's become chaotic and that the lines have all been erased, and that nobody really knows who is "good" and who is "bad" anymore. This dystopia makes a great allegory for that constant struggle of "what is justice and who has the right to judge others?" Even if it's cliche for one of the lawmen to break away and go rogue, I like that they've done that here and that it's part of this broad ethical issue that has been introduced. The rogue officer thing is so typical, but I think it works so well here as being the method by which the hands-tied characters can get their victory. It's nice that there's a collective issue to be fixed by this solution, instead of it just being about personal ethics and hatred. I didn't like that they were going for the riots with the helmet thing, but every subsequent thing has really justified what happened in one way or another (besides some of the stupidity involved with the whole helmets thing, but that's discussion for another time).
Old 2013-02-24, 06:47   Link #106
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Being suspicious of the system is enough to raise your psychopass score. It's just not easy to coordinate like that if your thoughts are being indirectly monitored.

I am putting my hopes on Akane. A girl who is so righteous that she has no doubts her actions are correct. With no guilt whatsoever that she would do what it takes to get what she wanted legally. She is the opposite of a psychopath; she cares too much to feel guilty.
It indeed won't work for someone like Akane. The psycho-pass scanner doesn't actually read thoughts. If she has doubts about the system, her sense of justice and general ability to regain her calm in a very short time will retain her psycho-pass score within acceptable levels.

This isn't me countering your point btw, if anything it strengthens it.
Old 2013-02-24, 08:59   Link #107
seiftis
~defying fate

Bad animation aside.... Am I the only one who wants to see Det.Aonayagi from Division 2 in action? :P
Old 2013-02-24, 14:10   Link #108
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post

Lol, this reminds me to that creepy Dolan Duck
Old 2013-02-24, 20:58   Link #109
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I didn't recognize the bad animation either to be honest

I'm probaly overreacting, but I"m starting to think that Chief Cyborg is going to pretty much kill everyone or troll everyone by the time this is over four weeks from now.

And holy moly.....I know this is SOOOOOOOOO not that type of anime but my shipper senses are tingling with Ko's letter.
Old 2013-02-24, 21:15   Link #110
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I didn't recognize the bad animation either to be honest

I'm probaly overreacting, but I"m starting to think that Chief Cyborg is going to pretty much kill everyone or troll everyone by the time this is over four weeks from now.

And holy moly.....I know this is SOOOOOOOOO not that type of anime but my shipper senses are tingling with Ko's letter.
Ko and Akane clearly do like each other a lot. He's not holding any grudge whatsoever over her not killing Makishima when she had the chance. She's blushing, crying a bit, and basically going "stupid Ko" over him going fugitive.

With almost any other writer, I'd honestly expect a happy semi-to-full romantic ending for these two. But with Gen, I'm not getting my hopes up.

But who knows? Maybe Gen wants to grow as a writer. One thing he hasn't really conquered yet, at least in the anime medium, is romance, imo.
Old 2013-02-24, 21:18   Link #111
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Ko and Akane clearly do like each other a lot. He's not holding any grudge whatsoever over her not killing Makishima when she had the chance. She's blushing, crying a bit, and basically going "stupid Ko" over him going fugitive.

With almost any other writer, I'd honestly expect a happy semi-to-full romantic ending for these two. But with Gen, I'm not getting my hopes up.

But who knows? Maybe Gen wants to grow as a writer. One thing he hasn't really conquered yet, at least in the anime medium, is romance, imo.
Maybe....but I"m starting to get the feeling that Ko's going to wind up getting killed off at the end.

After all of this time, I've finally found my anime version of Mulder and Scully...
Old 2013-02-24, 21:30   Link #112
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I believe Kogami and Akane are going to accidentally become enemies as they are now on different sides searching for Makishima. That could be for a short time but who what could stop it.
Old 2013-02-25, 00:51   Link #113
Utsuro no Hako

Akane is clearly going to become Sibyl 2.0, and any relationship with Ko will be impossible unless he likes ... ah, just wait for the doujinshi.
Old 2013-02-25, 01:57   Link #114
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Akane is clearly going to become Sibyl 2.0, and any relationship with Ko will be impossible unless he likes ...
completely cyborged bodies that are indistinguishable from human ones? And can be made to look like anything?
Old 2013-02-25, 09:43   Link #115
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Akane is clearly going to become Sibyl 2.0, and any relationship with Ko will be impossible unless he likes ... ah, just wait for the doujinshi.
Ko likes cyborgs?
Old 2013-02-25, 11:25   Link #116
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Ko likes cyborgs?
Cyborgs are still human! I mean would you care if your girl had a prosthetic leg? Or two? And prosthetic arms? And prosthetic organs? And a prosthetic skull?
Old 2013-02-25, 13:27   Link #117
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Cyborgs are still human! I mean would you care if your girl had a prosthetic leg? Or two? And prosthetic arms? And prosthetic organs? And a prosthetic skull?
I could've sworn this was a manga or anime...
Old 2013-02-25, 13:53   Link #118
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
I could've sworn this was a manga or anime...
Metal Gear has a cyborg who also happens to be a family man. Edward Elric was also close to being a cyborg.
Old 2013-02-25, 17:48   Link #119
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Metal Gear has a cyborg who also happens to be a family man. Edward Elric was also close to being a cyborg.
He is a cyborg. He has a prosthetic arm and leg.
Old 2013-02-25, 18:01   Link #120
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm not sure what being a full cyborg entails in GitS. Do they even have an organic brain left? That doesn't keep them from having relationships.
Closed Thread