AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-06-14, 11:33   Link #261
ElusiveTwilight

I had more than enough hdd space though, about 30 gigs of free space, and I only tried to encode 1 file. It seems like it ran through the whole file, just dropped large parts of the video. The opening of the episode, some of the middle, and ending credits are there partially. The video file created is a little more than 300mb.
ElusiveTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 13:45   Link #262
Aird

Can you play the entire original source file without any issue? I've never heard of video missing in the middle of a file unless the source itself has issues. Encoding is linear so usually if video is missing it would be towards the end. Did you watch the entire conversion process? Was any errors given?
Aird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 22:51   Link #263
ElusiveTwilight

Well, I tried to fix it but managed to break it even worse. I deleted and uninstalled everything and then installed the programs and files again. I started from step one and set everything up as it said in the guide. Then I tried to encode the same file from last time.

This time I watched the encoding. Everything seemed fine as QuEnc did it's two runs through the video. This time BeSweet errored out - Error 32: no input data was found, and the process ended. But I was curious about the video this time, and again it's given me the 300 meg - 5 minuted m2v video missing large sections of the episode and again random parts of the episode, another 0kb mp2 file, just this time no audio or subtitles script.

The source file is fine, it works properly in mpc - sound, video, and subs all working great. The file is a mkv of Kanon 2006 - here's the properties:

Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1024x576 29.97fps [Video]
Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz stereo [Audio]
Subtitle: Advanced SubStation Alpha [Subtitle]

When I Queue for encoding this comes up:

=== QUEUE FOR ENCODING v2.01 ===

File format: MKV

Resolution: 1024 x 576
FPS: 23.976
Frames: ?

Aspect ratio: 1.78:1
Aspect type: widescreen

Video codec: V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Audio codec: A_AC3 <jpn>
Subtitle fornat: S_TEXT/ASS <eng>

Subtitles: None <or already in video>

Closing in 5 seconds...

Any ideas?

Thanx a bunch...

Last edited by ElusiveTwilight; 2007-06-14 at 23:30.
Old 2007-06-15, 12:23   Link #264
Aird

When you open up the .m2v or .mpg file, is the episode duration the same as the source file? If so, do you have PowerDVD or WinDVD program? If you do, trying playing it with that.

I did a quick 1 pass cdr in quenc this morning on a 1280x720 source. Everything worked fine. When I tried running it in MPC, there was some small skipping in the parts I watched. There was no skipping in PowerDVD over the same parts. It could just be the mpeg2 decoder being used by MPC isn't very good. One other thing you can do is try burning onto a dvd-rw and see how it looks on your dvd player.

Did you remember to update these fields in your config.ini when you reinstalled everything?

"VSFilter
This path refers to VobSub Filter, a component AviSynth will need to include soft subtitles into the video. If you are not going to use soft subtitles this value does not need to be correctly set. Use the Search feature of Windows to find vsfilter.dll on your harddrive after installing it. "

"MKVExtractSubs
If set to 1, my scripts will automatically detect and extract a soft subtitle track from MKV video and encode it into the video. Set to 0 if VobSub Filter already kicks in automatically for soft subtitles (otherwise you get double subtitles) or if you don't want soft subtitles to be encoded into the video. "

"AutoAddSubs
If set to 1, my scripts will automatically detect external soft subtitle files with the same filename as the video and encode them into the video. Extensions are .srt, .ssa and .ass "

That could be why you have no subs.

As for the AC3 problem, I think somewhere in the beginning of this thread, it was stated by the author that this script doesn't like AC3 formatted audio.
Old 2007-06-15, 16:00   Link #265
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

AC3 is a DVD friendly format, so you could extract the AC3 track from the MKV and burn it together with the M2V file to DVD (assuming your DVD authoring application allows you to add video and audio tracks separately). This trick for example worked fine with the Gunbuster 2 OVAs, which retained the DD 5.1 audio by not re-encoding them (this was before it was licensed of course).

Of course the script will still fail at trying to encode the audio, so after it fails you have to search for the M2V file in one of the working directories and clean up the other files manually...
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 17:45   Link #266
ElusiveTwilight

I was trying to get an ac3 like GHDpro was saying and the mkv and I was planning on using the extracted subs script and just use each of the three for burning. The first time I ran the encoding mostly everything was great - the ac3, and .ass file, but the video is broken up and short. The original file is 24:09 and the encoded file is 5:34 - I can play it in Nero Showtime, but I don't have PowerDVD or WinDVD - but I'll see if I can get a trial version and try it there.
Old 2007-06-16, 00:42   Link #267
Aird

Hmmm, if the encoded file is 5:34, thats not good. Even though I had skips, my encoded file matches my source file. Maybe try using quenc .72? You'll need to edit queue.php and remove "- mpeg2" from 2 spots. Don't remove "-mpeg2mux" though.
Can you PM me where to dl the file you are trying to encode? I'm curious if there is anything about it. I've done over 300 encodes with this script and this is the first I've ever seen this.
Old 2007-06-16, 21:32   Link #268
horo_horo27

Send a message via AIM to horo_horo27
never mind i had typed the wrong file source

Last edited by horo_horo27; 2007-06-16 at 21:35. Reason: problem was resolved
horo_horo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 03:13   Link #269
leonardo916981

56kbps audio problem

I have an avi file with only 56kbps audio that every time I try to convert to DVD i'm getting no audio. I tried converting to mpeg and even tried converting it with the individual audio and video files and still gave me the same result. Other episode from the same live action series which have 128kbps audio don't give me any problems at all. File specs:

Image:
Width - 704
Height - 396

Audio:
Duration - 0:46:49
Bit Rate - 56kbps
Audio Format MPEG Layer-3

Video:
Frame Rate - 29 frames/second
Data rate - 124kbps
Video sample size - 24 bit
Video Compression - DivX Codec

What could be the problem?
leonardo916981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 18:53   Link #270
icx

First, I really want to thank you for this great script, it works great and I have experienced very few problems, actually just a single one.

I got some MKV i want to encode and it's 1280x720, never seen any anime at such good quality as this.

Well the problem is that when I'm encoding it, it gets resized and I get a huge quality loss. How am I able to fix this, getting that high res onto my TV would be really awesome!

Again, I appreciate the work put down in this.
icx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 01:43   Link #271
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

DVD is relatively low quality, something like 720x576 or something (check Wikipedia or something for the exact resolution).

To view 1280x720 anime at perfect quality on your TV, do not use this script! Connect your PC to your TV using a VGA cable (or DVI if your TV supports it) and play it directly on your LCD TV. That's what I'm doing since early this year, and it looks fabulous. I also recommend using MediaPortal (Google it) for easy playback (certainly if you have a MCE remote).

If you have no LCD TV... what are you talking about? CRT TVs can only display SD picture quality, which is about the same as DVD resolution. To my knowledge there is NO WAY to get any higher quality out of a CRT TV, not even using TV-out through S-Video, because that still makes things blurry.

(Before anyone nitpicks, yes there are CRT HDTVs, but they're relatively rare, so I presume icx doesn't have one...)
Old 2007-07-18, 03:21   Link #272
icx

I have a 40" Sony HD Ready and it has a resolution above 1400xsomething, so it should be capable.

I'm gonna try connecting my PC then. Thanks for th answer
icx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 15:42   Link #273
mgthunder

mkv to avi converter question

Hi,

Does anyone know if this software works to convert mkv to avi?

I am trying to convert my space captain harlock mkvfiles and want to know if this is good or not?

Thanks!

Mike
mgthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 15:45   Link #274
mgthunder

WINAVI QUESTION for mkv to avi conversion

Hi,

I used winavi to convert mkv to avi and it works but in "output format" I selected "user defined".

after that I converted avi to dvd and burned. the result was that everything was great except it visually just makes the TV screen when I play on a dvd player.

you can watch it but it's like pressing half the zoom button. the subs can be seen but the top of the screen barely makes it

instead of selecting "user defined" in the output format selection should I select one of the following to make it fit the screen?? any help would be appreciated!

Xvid[640*320:2m]+MP3[44100:128k]
or
Xvid[512*384:2m]+MP3[44100:128k]
or
DIVX HD[720*480:4m]+MP3[44100:192k]
or
DIVX HD[1280*720:4m]+MP3[44100:192k]

Thanks for all your patience!

Mike
mgthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 03:29   Link #275
Gerd78

Can someone help me with this? I trying to burn Ichigo Mashimaro OVA to DVD and encounter problem during BESWEET phase. Thanks!

=== QUEUE FOR ENCODING v2.01 ===

File format: MKV

Resolution: 768 x 432
FPS: 23.976
Frames: ?

Aspect ratio: 1.78:1
Aspect type: widescreen

Video codec: V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Audio codec: A_AAC (jpn)
Subtitle format: S_TEXT/ASS (eng)

Subtitles: From MKV file

Closing in 5 seconds...

Encoding: C:\Downloads\Ichigo Mashimaro\Ichigo Mashimaro OVA - 01.mkv
(768 x 432, 23.976 fps, ? frames)

=== MKVEXTRACT PHASE ===
Extracting track 3 with the CodecID 'S_TEXT/ASS' to the file 'F:\DVDStudio\Encod
ing\Encode\Ichigo Mashimaro OVA - 01.ass'.
progress: 100%

=== QUENC PHASE (HQ VBR) ===

=== PULLDOWN PHASE ===
PULLDOWN - v0.99d, by Hard Code.
[Based on sources by Brent Beyeler (beyeler@home.com)]

SOURCE = F:\DVDStudio\Encoding\AVS\Ichigo Mashimaro OVA - 01.m2v, TARGET = F:\DV
DStudio\Encoding\Encode\Ichigo Mashimaro OVA - 01.m2v

- Enabling 2:3 pulldown

Current GOP = 3005 Current Frame = 36056
=== MKVEXTRACT PHASE ===

Error: Extraction of track number 2 with the CodecID 'A_AAC' is not supported.

=== FAAD PHASE ===
*********** Ahead Software MPEG-4 AAC Decoder V2.1 beta ******************

Build: Jul 9 2004
Copyright 2002-2004: Ahead Software AG
http://www.audiocoding.com
Floating point version

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License.

Error opening file: F:\DVDStudio\Encoding\AVS\Ichigo Mashimaro OVA - 01.aac

=== BESWEET PHASE ===
Encoding audio from: F:\DVDStudio\Encoding\AVS\Ichigo Mashimaro OVA - 01.wav
FATAL ERROR: MP2 not file found after encoding!

=== MULTIPLEX PHASE ===
INFO: [???] mplex version 2.2.2 ($Date: 2003/05/13 20:27:15 $)
INFO: [???] File F:\DVDStudio\Encoding\Encode\Ichigo Mashimaro OVA - 01.m2v l
ooks like an MPEG Video stream.
**ERROR: [???] Unable to open file F:\DVDStudio\Encoding\Encode\Ichigo Mashimaro
OVA - 01.mp2 for reading.
FATAL ERROR: MPG not file found after multiplexing!

Pausing for 0

=== CLEAN UP PHASE ===
Errors during encoding - Skipping clean up phase...

Pausing for 13
Gerd78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 05:11   Link #276
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

@mqthunder: Sorry, it seems I completely misunderstood your question when you PM'ed me. You were talking about file size, but I thought you were talking about screen size, that's why I babbled on about TV overscan etc. I can't really answer your question, and for MKV->AVI conversion this thread isn't the best place.

@Gerd78
The first error occurs when "mkvextract.exe" tries to extract the AAC audio tracker from the MKV file. The script then kinda fails from that point (Faad has nothing to decode, BeSweet has nothing to transcode and that leaves no MP2 file to multiplex into a MPG file).

A solution that might work is to put a newer version of "mkvextract" (and companion tools) into DVDStudio \ Scripts \ Apps \ MKV. You can get the latest version here:
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MKVtoolnix

Just make sure the position of the file doesn't change. For Win32 for example there is only an installer for MKVToolnix. Just use it and then copy the files that were put into the Program Files folder into the folder I mentioned above.
Old 2007-07-26, 06:23   Link #277
Gerd78

Thank you very much! It works!
Gerd78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 17:49   Link #278
EnZimE

I get this message when I try to encode

Any suggestions on how to correct this?
EnZimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 03:03   Link #279
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Can you play the file? Is "ForceDSSource" set to 1 in "config.ini"?

In any case, it seems like a codec problem. Try installing the latest version of CCCP.
Old 2007-08-09, 04:37   Link #280
EnZimE

Yup I needed to update my CCCP version. Thanx again GHD

Edit: Okay so the encode process seemed to have gone smoothly but for some reason when it finished there was no encoded video file and the item is still listed under the queue. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by EnZimE; 2007-08-09 at 07:12.
EnZimE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
file conversion, wiki candidate